Power spin-off cancelled before starting filming

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '07        #1
5406 page views
53 comments

Deniro732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20374 20 K  Slaps total: 3956 3 K
Power spin-off cancelled before starting filming

fu*k a*s n*ggas did my boy tate grimey image. I knew this was going to happen after no word of moves being made on his spin off after years. I guess he will just stay on book of ghost II

visit this link https://www.digitalspy.co .. efore-filming/
+8   

best
worst
53 comments

2 months ago '15        #2
MichaelVickStan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 38002 38 K  Slaps total: 8716 8 K
fu*k he need a spin off for
+144   

2 months ago '10        #3
stizz44  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7131 7 K  Slaps total: 1195 1 K
Influence being canceled was the worst kept secret.
+15   

2 months ago '04        #4
jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 21163 21 K  Slaps total: 2213 2 K
Yeah I saw this happening even when they announced it.
+7   

2 months ago '18        #5
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 78801 78 K  Slaps total: 15473 15 K
Busby said it some days ago. They are going after a "London based" spinoff instead.

To me, out of the 4 announced, Influence had the best idea because it was so different from the others. Political thriller and it would get a separate showrunner, similar to Raising Kanan and Force.

Tate is just a more seasoned and prepared lead than Joseph, Rainey, and Mekai. Those actors require Meth, Woody, Audrey, Patina, etc to be X factors. Tate don't need all that. He's lead whole films before.

A political thriller in a similar spirit to Scandal and House of Cards where the character is clearly a piece of sh*t and has tasted his own medicine, then has to make it to the top would be the foundation.

He already does it on Ghost and at times has the most interesting subplot.

I can't take anybody watching Power saying "nobody cared for Tate. 90% of Power fans on Discord, Reddit, and Twitter said nobody would watch the Tariq sh*t. I remember it clearly. Now, the Tariq show is the most watched on the Starz channel.
+59   

2 months ago '17        #6
YAYO101 
Props total: 44013 44 K  Slaps total: 2388 2 K
he has a good Role in Power Book II, so his own Spin Off really not necessary

Davis Maclean and Cooper Saxe spinoff would be interesting though!

excited about Power Universe expanding to the UK though, I like Top Boy Show just as much as Power

Last edited by YAYO101; 08-13-2022 at 11:03 AM..
+18   

2 months ago '17        #7
216Martyr 
Props total: 19753 19 K  Slaps total: 2488 2 K
Yea he no longer needs a spin off of they continue to let him shine in Book II. The OG prolly was announced before they changed up som things to allow him to be a prominent character still
+12   

2 months ago '07        #8
Deniro732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 20374 20 K  Slaps total: 3956 3 K
 Pastor Ra said
Busby said it some days ago. They are going after a "London based" spinoff instead.

To me, out of the 4 announced, Influence had the best idea because it was so different from the others. Political thriller and it would get a separate showrunner, similar to Raising Kanan and Force.

Tate is just a more seasoned and prepared lead than Joseph, Rainey, and Mekai. Those actors require Meth, Woody, Audrey, Patina, etc to be X factors. Tate don't need all that. He's lead whole films before.

A political thriller in a similar spirit to Scandal and House of Cards where the character is clearly a piece of sh*t and has tasted his own medicine, then has to make it to the top would be the foundation.

I can't take anybody watching Power saying "nobody cared for Tate. 90% of Power fans on Discord, Reddit, and Twitter said nobody would watch the Tariq sh*t. I remember it clearly. Now, the Tariq show is the most watched on the Starz channel.
London based spin off? Following tate or some other characters? Man I don't want to see a London based spin off of power lmao. We already got top boy even though the next season will be it's last.
+7   

2 months ago '18        #9
 Deniro732 said
London based spin off? Following tate or some other characters? Man I don't want to see a London based spin off of power lmao. We already got top boy even though the next season will be it's last.
Nah, Tate series dead. Looks like he's staying in Ghost. The London based series doesn't have too many details out yet.

50 mentioned Ronan (creator/showrunner of Top Boy) when him and Ashley were biggin each other up on IG some months back. Ashley was in Get Rich movie.

That's when the rumors started and now Starz is confirming to Deadline that there is truth to the rumors.
+6   

2 months ago '04        #10
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 42315 42 K  Slaps total: 6206 6 K
No spin off needed any way...
+1   

2 months ago '05        #11
Switchc2390 
Props total: 14129 14 K  Slaps total: 1459 1 K
 Pastor Ra said

n*ggas get played so bad. They get so invested in characters they don't even realize they're getting the exact reaction out of shows that the creators want. I laugh like sh*t at dudes who act like "I could never fu*k with Tariq." Bruh, the writers know how to get whatever reaction they want out of you. Even if you hate Tariq's guts, you're gonna want to tune in to see what happens next. And then they'll flip it on his head and make you like him. The whole premise of the new Ghost show is Tariq being just like his pops and dudes still swear they hate him and love Ghost
+2   

2 months ago '10        #12
GBREEZE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30811 30 K  Slaps total: 3272 3 K
I liked watching for these 2 hoes specifically.

Especially this bi*ch... she so damn thick....

Last edited by GBREEZE; 08-13-2022 at 04:00 PM..
+21   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #13
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 39007 39 K  Slaps total: 21873 21 K
All Hail Our Godfather Fif

2 months ago '11        #14
greedy87 
Props total: 24380 24 K  Slaps total: 7494 7 K
 Switchc2390 said
n*ggas get played so bad. They get so invested in characters they don't even realize they're getting the exact reaction out of shows that the creators want. I laugh like sh*t at dudes who act like "I could never fu*k with Tariq." Bruh, the writers know how to get whatever reaction they want out of you. Even if you hate Tariq's guts, you're gonna want to tune in to see what happens next. And then they'll flip it on his head and make you like him. The whole premise of the new Ghost show is Tariq being just like his pops and dudes still swear they hate him and love Ghost
Cause itís fu*k Tariq and I ainít watching smh
+4   

2 months ago '20        #15
HipHop365 
Props total: 2833 2 K  Slaps total: 274 274
 Deniro732 said
fu*k a*s n*ggas did my boy tate grimey . I knew this was going to happen after no word of moves being made on his spin off after years. I guess he will just stay on book of ghost II

I couldíve sworn it was dead not too long after they announced it. I read it somewhere a while ago. I guess itís just official now.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #16
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 19173 19 K  Slaps total: 4803 4 K
 YAYO101 said
he has a good Role in Power Book II, so his own Spin Off really not necessary

Davis Maclean and Cooper Saxe spinoff would be interesting though!

excited about Power Universe expanding to the UK though, I like Top Boy Show just as much as Power
sh*t would be like a hood Suits
+2   

2 months ago '17        #17
KINGMFCOLD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 12286 12 K  Slaps total: 1314 1 K
 MichaelVickStan said
fu*k he need a spin off for

2 months ago '05        #18
JealousOnesHate  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11190 11 K  Slaps total: 557 557
 216Martyr said
Yea he no longer needs a spin off of they continue to let him shine in Book II. The OG prolly was announced before they changed up som things to allow him to be a prominent character still
This.

2 months ago '22        #19
92Felonies 
Props total: 6019 6 K  Slaps total: 1045 1 K
 Pastor Ra said

Is Riq sh*t that good?

I hated his fu*king character

2 months ago '15        #20
Lito Guapalot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37954 37 K  Slaps total: 512 512
 92Felonies said
Is Riq sh*t that good?

I hated his fu*king character
The 2nd season was real good imo. The season 1 premiere was very trash tho. It felt like I was watching a filler episode.

I don't hate his character as much as I used to but the best part of watching his series is seeing him take L's every once in awhile lol

Last edited by Lito Guapalot; 08-14-2022 at 07:10 AM..
+4   

2 months ago '18        #21
Sick Flair 
Props total: 30197 30 K  Slaps total: 2233 2 K
Probably because Starz has zero interest in teaching the Power audience about how to manipulate the political system. They’ll stick to drugs.

The quality of Power has been trash since season 3. I fu*k with Raisin Kanan though that sh*t makes since for Fif. The others are a*s male soaps with sh*t actors and even worse directors and writers.

Last edited by Sick Flair; 08-13-2022 at 04:42 PM..
+8   

2 months ago '15        #22
JFTS113  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 11577 11 K  Slaps total: 1007 1 K
Shoulda cancelled "Force", the first season was trash!
+8   

2 months ago '17        #23
fallinginpie 
Props total: 9722 9 K  Slaps total: 1660 1 K
 Pastor Ra said

I definitely held my ground with this Tariq bullsh*t. My boy forced me to watch two episodes, between the horrible writing, Mary's acting and Tariq's usual nonsense, no way I'm wasting more of my time

2 months ago '22        #24
92Felonies 
Props total: 6019 6 K  Slaps total: 1045 1 K
 Lito Guapalot said
The 2nd season was real good imo. The season 1 premiere was very trash tho. It felt like I was watching a filler episode.

I don't hate his character as much as I used to but the best part of watching his series and seeing him take L's every once in awhile lol
Bet that I might start watching

Only spin off I really watch is raising kanaan

Thatís my sh*t
+1   

2 months ago '18        #25
 fallinginpie said
I definitely held my ground with this Tariq bullsh*t. My boy forced me to watch two episodes, between the horrible writing, Mary's acting and Tariq's usual nonsense, no way I'm wasting more of my time
At least you mean what you said. Too many caved

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+50online now  30
Women on Twitter tell Stories about how Men fumbled the 😾
308 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  19
Video inside '22 Elantra N Owner Gets Pulled Over, Told It Will Cost $7K To Remove S..
93 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+31online now  16
Image(s) inside Got Some Head, Ate Some Bread, Got In Bed, Lucky He Ainít Dead
98 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
These Gotham Knights previews are pretty damn rough..
85 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy