Titans and Doom Patrol Reportedly on the Chopping Block

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '10        #1
922 page views
25 comments

jbn2233 
Props total: 2346 2 K  Slaps total: 522 522
Titans and Doom Patrol Reportedly on the Chopping Block

There are a ton of questions surrounding the future of DC productions at Warner Bros. Discovery, and that likely won't change any time soon. By axing Batgirl after the HBO Max film had nearly finished production, the company made it clear that it was going to reshape the DC movie and TV franchises in its own image, going back on many of the decisions from the previous regime. Outside of Joker 2 and the films already slated for release in the next two years, everything is up in the air. This includes the Titans and Doom Patrol TV shows, which now seem to be in some serious danger of getting canned.

Despite earlier reports that the two HBO Max shows (which began on DC Universe) were in a good place, Variety is now stating that they could be in some trouble. The publication's latest report on the DC situation claims that both Titans and Doom Patrol are "said to be on the chopping block." At this time, however, no definitive decisions have been made.

This is certainly frustrating for fans, as both shows have been running for a few years. But DC TV has been making big shifts over the last year. The entire Arrowverse will be finished soon, as The Flash is entering its final season. With the new Warner Bros. Discovery leadership team looking to keep costs down for streaming properties, Titans and Doom Patrol are prime candidates to be cut.

At this point, it's hard to tell exactly which DC projects will continue and which ones will be shut down. On the TV front, the two safest bets are Matt Reeves' The Batman spinoff series centered around Colin Farrell's Penguin, and the second season of Peacemaker. Production on the Penguin series is set to begin early next year, and James Gunn has said on multiple occasions that Peacemaker is still on track for Season 2.

It also seems likely that Harley Quinn would be safe moving forward. There hasn't been any official news on that front, but the series has a massive and dedicated following to going along with hordes of critical acclaim. Plus, the animated series is much cheaper to produce than its live-action counterparts.

visit this link https://comicbook.com/dc/ .. -cancellation/

BOOOOOOOOOOOO
+6   

best
worst
25 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Curtisimo 
Props total: 6490 6 K  Slaps total: 1510 1 K
Never fu*ked with Doom Patrol but Titans is my sh*t. I thought they would be coming out with a new season soon.
+8   

2 months ago '04        #3
gutta561 
Props total: 697 697  Slaps total: 72 72
There better not fu*k with Titans

I could care less for Doom Patrol
+6   

2 months ago '17        #4
screwplus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3443 3 K  Slaps total: 693 693
The two above are crazy fu*k the titans ...Gimme Doom Patrol and the choatic comic book adventures...sh*t at least was entertaining not the usual every day take on cape sh*t...every episode was service to comic book madness...
+8   

2 months ago '13        #5
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22847 22 K  Slaps total: 2323 2 K
I was thinking about posting.. saw the issue on Reddit..

Doom Patrol is straight, but I fukc with Titans real tough.. Discovery/HBO cleaning house
+2   

2 months ago '07        #6
Daville502 
Props total: 11451 11 K  Slaps total: 712 712
Did doom patrol season 2 ever come out. Doom Patrol was pretty entertaining and funny especially the back and forth between cyborg and robots and. Titans while I liked some of it was hit and miss but their d*ck Grayson /Nightwing casting was spot on while.
+4   

2 months ago '10        #7
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 47806 47 K  Slaps total: 7143 7 K
 Daville502 said
Did doom patrol season 2 ever come out. Doom Patrol was pretty entertaining and funny especially the back and forth between cyborg and robots and. Titans while I liked some of it was hit and miss but their d*ck Grayson /Nightwing casting was spot on while.
Doom Patrol has 3 seasons already and they are filming the 4th.
+1   

2 months ago '10        #8
jbn2233  OP
Props total: 2346 2 K  Slaps total: 522 522
 screwplus said
The two above are crazy fu*k the titans ...Gimme Doom Patrol and the choatic comic book adventures...sh*t at least was entertaining not the usual every day take on cape sh*t...every episode was service to comic book madness...
Doom patrol is amazing I'm fu*king heated they fu*king up big time.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #9
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 78765 78 K  Slaps total: 15468 15 K
 Daville502 said
 Bandito said
Doom Patrol has 3 seasons already and they are filming the 4th.
Yeah, they wrapped yesterday. Titans wrapped filming last month.

+1   

2 months ago '04        #10
goodi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11832 11 K  Slaps total: 2612 2 K
i work in conyers, GA as a dev for the GA DDS RIGHT across the street were they film Doom Patrol. I never heard of the show until i started driving by the set.

2 months ago '19        #11
1mcchicken2go 
Props total: 3060 3 K  Slaps total: 208 208
Yeah I was about to say if they are making cuts. They better cut CW off entirely. I can't even count how many heroes and villains they fu*ked up over the years
+1   

2 months ago '16        #12
seatownslayer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 8053 8 K  Slaps total: 2395 2 K
Yawn... you mean normal people don't want to watch 300 comic books shows and movies? I'll be so happy when this whole wave of comic sh*t over sh*t been played out big time.. they are litterly all the same sh*t... how many times can you watch someone save the day with the same powers...

2 months ago '04        #13
dat_boi_tj 
Props total: 6029 6 K  Slaps total: 356 356
After that last season of TITANS they should be worried. That season started off with the sh*ts...then drug like a motherfu*ker. But I could give less than a damn for Doom Patrol. It has sparks but then it just goes down weird a*s random stories. Great actors though. Just Send Cyborg over to Titans and dead that sh*t. Titans need to stop d*cking around. So many stories they can do and they are under utilizing all the characters.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #14
Jo Blow 
Props total: 8970 8 K  Slaps total: 1204 1 K
hope they don't can doom patrol no time soon, I work on this show and the new season is currently being filmed
+2   

2 months ago '06        #15
dagreat1_87 
Props total: 26872 26 K  Slaps total: 1264 1 K
They better not cancel doom patrol. I've been bingeing it lately and it's a good a*s show
+2   

2 months ago '16        #16
Head Coach 
Props total: 17944 17 K  Slaps total: 1461 1 K
 1mcchicken2go said
Yeah I was about to say if they are making cuts. They better cut CW off entirely. I can't even count how many heroes and villains they fu*ked up over the years
Feels like cw was made for teenage white girls

I haven't seen any of their DC shows, was any of it good?

2 months ago '04        #17
bingiedred  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10109 10 K  Slaps total: 1954 1 K
 screwplus said
Can't lie.. sh*t was mad unpredictable.. always kept me guessing what was next..
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '16        #18
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 148543 148 K  Slaps total: 16277 16 K
 Curtisimo said
Never fu*ked with Doom Patrol but Titans is my sh*t. I thought they would be coming out with a new season soon.
Yeah titans is legited.

2 months ago '12        #19
ezduzit 
Props total: 66239 66 K  Slaps total: 6427 6 K
 seatownslayer said
Yawn... you mean normal people don't want to watch 300 comic books shows and movies? I'll be so happy when this whole wave of comic sh*t over sh*t been played out big time.. they are litterly all the same sh*t... how many times can you watch someone save the day with the same powers...
Idk why you sophisticated ppl bother coming in these threads sharing these pointless views in the first place
+2   

2 months ago '07        #20
sleep23rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18280 18 K  Slaps total: 7831 7 K
they better not fu*k with Titans

2 months ago '07        #21
adotboogie 
Props total: 1278 1 K  Slaps total: 146 146
Please keep Titans, get rid of Doom Patrol and bring back Swamp Thing dat show was going somewhere….

2 months ago '16        #22
seatownslayer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 8053 8 K  Slaps total: 2395 2 K
 ezduzit said
Idk why you sophisticated ppl bother coming in these threads sharing these pointless views in the first place
Lol never once claimed to be sophisticated. I came here to leave my opinion... did your butt get hurt from it? You sure did avoid what I said tho.

how can you watch the same thing over and over..? knowing damn well whats gonna happen because you read the comics and all super hero anything are the same...? And then you get mad when they change a thing to try to make it new... saying they ruined everything and you get mad before even seeing second of the film... claiming to be a fan. Sound more to me like and obsession more then a fan...

Comic book fans are a special breed for sure.. if they can't have it their way they gonna cry about it... on the only place where they matter.. the internet... but facts are still facts comic book movies are all the same... super hero opening scenes show the powers in the begging they start weak. Bad guys is introduced and you see the hero is venerable... then you get the training and the power arch goes uo you see the new suits and moves which are just the same as every other super heros new sh*t... and theu get stronger all to go f*ght the same bad guy and save the day... avengers was the same damn thing butnsp I lt into two movies instead of one. Comic books fan pay to see thesame thing over and over like its the 2nd coming of Jesus when it honestly as simple as it comes and formula based to a t... they are so simular you can side by side them and die laughing... you are paying billions to see a story you already know done souly for the purpose of a cash grab. Not making good super hero movies or expanding along whatbthey already have in good ways.. only thing they have ever added tot his date is extra black and gay characters... I was down for thr black ones but at the same time. Super hero sh*t just corny ..

2 months ago '05        #23
HiRolliN 
Props total: 8520 8 K  Slaps total: 455 455
 dat_boi_tj said
After that last season of TITANS they should be worried. That season started off with the sh*ts...then drug like a motherfu*ker. But I could give less than a damn for Doom Patrol. It has sparks but then it just goes down weird a*s random stories. Great actors though. Just Send Cyborg over to Titans and dead that sh*t. Titans need to stop d*cking around. So many stories they can do and they are under utilizing all the characters.
they made the death in the family/red hood story line boring as fu*k with that last season of titans by the final episode i didnt give a fu*k about the tv show because of how stale it had gotten.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #24
HiRolliN 
Props total: 8520 8 K  Slaps total: 455 455
 1mcchicken2go said
Most of the arrowverse got axed at the cw. theyve already announced tha flash is ending with its next season, all they got left is superman and lois, stargirl, and the upcoming gotham knights.

with WB selling a large portion of there stake in the cw it looks like all that sh*t is about to come to an end in next few years and all DC stuff will be developed over at hbomax/discovery

2 months ago '21        #25
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 24372 24 K  Slaps total: 6568 6 K
I don’t watch tv or anything like that besides YouTube

But i watched doom patrol

So take that as you will

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+144online now  14
The GOAT chooses football over his supermodel wife.
305 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+48online now  14
LeBron James on Kareem: “No thoughts. No relationship.”
170 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+17online now  10
Oct 3 - Child Dropped Off At School He Doesn't Attend, Police Unable to Find P..
84 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+37online now  6
Aaron Judge Does It!! Breaks AL Home Run Record: #62
167 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy