Aug 10 - Republicans Are Suddenly Very Eager to Defund the Police

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
46 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '20        #1
1918 page views
41 comments

Contributor13  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 8941 8 K  Slaps total: 1021 1 K
Aug 10 - Republicans Are Suddenly Very Eager to Defund the Police

All it took was one itty-bitty FBI search at Mar-a-Lago for prominent conservatives to start calling for defunding law enforcement.

The calls have been to defund the FBI, the Department of Justice, and, well, really anyone who helped aid in the search of Donald Trump’s Florida home Monday. The search, executed by warrant signed by a federal judge, was purportedly regarding the mishandling of classified documents. Trump said the FBI broke into the safe he keeps on the Palm Beach property.

Widely seen as an unprecedented event in American politics, it has left many in the GOP apoplectic.

Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert released a video stating that she’s “pissed.” She described the actions as “totally un-American” and “Gestapo crap" and added “the department of injustice needs to be cleaned out.” Tagging the FBI in a tweet, she wrote, “the GOP majority must defund all forms of tyranny throughout Biden’s government.”

Fringe-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene unsurprisingly also got in on the action. She has tweeted an upside-down American flag—a symbol traditionally a*sociated with distress—and wrote “DEFUND THE FBI!”

Meanwhile, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy announced his plans to investigate the person he believes to be behind the search.

“Attorney General (Merrick) Garland: preserve your documents and clear your calendar,” he wrote.

To be fair though, the support of law enforcement for many of these figures—some of which, like Boebert, have past (negative) experience with law enforcement—sways with the political winds. At a recent talk at CPAC, Rep. Andy Biggs announced he wanted to defund the FBI and DOJ because of their treatment of January 6 defendants. He also got into the fun on Monday, tweeting, “the only thing missing from the unprecedented FBI raid at President Trump’s home is Muammar Gaddafi’s sunglasses and cap on Joe Biden.”

Predictably, lesser-known figures involved in right-wing politics enthusiastically joined in. Anthony Sabatini, a member of the Florida House of Representatives, called for Florida to “sever all ties with DOJ immediately.”

“Any FBI agent conducting law enforcement functions outside the purview of our State should be arrested upon sight,” he added.

The FBI director whose head many of these figures are calling for is Christopher A. Wray, a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee who stepped in after the then-president dismissed James Comey.

Many conservative figures have derided and openly mocked similar calls from left-wing activists to defund law enforcement and have gone out of their way to support the sector. “Back the Blue” is a routine political cry from this crowd. Greene has been vocal in her support of cops and has posted several pro-policing memes on her social media page. On her website, Boebert has a section entitled “Back the Blue” in which she writes she stands “up for public safety agencies.”

“In short, I back the blue, and I will never apologize for it,” it reads. “I reject policies that seek to deprive the American people of their safety and liberty.”

visit this link https://www.vice.com/amp/ .. defund-the-fbi
+8   

best
worst
41 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70294 70 K  Slaps total: 9534 9 K
Of course.. just like they were desperate to try to martyr babbit for not cooperating

And she only took one shot not 60
+27   

2 months ago '17        #3
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44822 44 K  Slaps total: 6218 6 K
Bbbbbut blue lives matter!

+42   

2 months ago '15        #4
7daytheory 
Props total: 2338 2 K  Slaps total: 1191 1 K
Feds aren't police.

2 months ago '06        #5
ehizzy3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22967 22 K  Slaps total: 2037 2 K
 Damagegadget said
Of course.. just like they were desperate to try to martyr babbit for not cooperating

That Babbitt pack still slaps
+31   

2 months ago '17        #6
HH080 
Props total: 14873 14 K  Slaps total: 1271 1 K
 Damagegadget said

Man i had people tell me they should have stopped her and gave her a warning but im like theres clearly a barricade. That aint a warning?

Someone on here told me "how you know they weren't barricaded in and trying to get out"
+5   

2 months ago '19        #7
BaliBoy 
Props total: 2339 2 K  Slaps total: 1022 1 K
FBI and your local police force are not the same thing, hombre
+4   

2 months ago '14        #8
King Maximus 
Props total: 8631 8 K  Slaps total: 812 812
 BaliBoy said
FBI and your local police force are not the same thing, hombre
They (FBI) are defined as a “Law Enforcement Agency”
+20   

2 months ago '16        #9
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 147097 147 K  Slaps total: 16110 16 K
This is not what they mean by defund the police. Is white america this dumb and entitled to think they can do all the fu*k sh*t and only people of color will go to jail? Money be green.
+15   

2 months ago '20        #10
bayareapiff 
Props total: 4547 4 K  Slaps total: 542 542
What they really mean is "defund any organization that is not faithfully defending the cause of the white race"
+37   

2 months ago '15        #11
MisterHawkins 
Props total: 17844 17 K  Slaps total: 1712 1 K
Shameful

2 months ago '15        #12
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 70583 70 K  Slaps total: 10081 10 K
I don’t know when or why it happened, but most team red people I knew didn’t like police, government, or feds telling them what to do.
That whole taking the sides of cops in everything was a surprise to me. Some of it racist I imagine. But there’s plenty of white folks shot over nothing too, and they don’t say a peep. They were always the “I know my rights copper” types. Putting up with the bullying and power drunk police not at all on page with what they talked about years previously. They were almost jumping at the chance to go against cops and feds. Now they quiet as fuk.

Edit: now I thought about it, I think it’s because they don’t have a spine no more..
I probably hung around the old school pops… not these half shaved hair republicans, that “stay on code” and just back whatever their political lords tell them to back. Same as the blue team.. nobody wants to compromise or take some of both..
It’s all or nothing anymore.. fuk em all.

Last edited by DamianDragunov; 08-10-2022 at 09:59 PM..
+8   

2 months ago '05        #13
stanis3k  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 6486 6 K  Slaps total: 586 586
Blue lives don't matter?

2 months ago '20        #14
Maci 
Props total: 4393 4 K  Slaps total: 418 418
Blue? Them uniforms are BLACK most times. Drive black cars. Black windows. Black guns. Black sunglasses.

2 months ago '17        #15
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 238851 238 K  Slaps total: 19792 19 K
 stanis3k said
Blue lives don't matter?
Only when they're attacking black and brown lives apparently.
+17   

2 months ago '12        #16
Gramz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 92381 92 K  Slaps total: 5439 5 K
All this for a New York real estate con man who wouldn't p*ss on them if they were on fire
+15   

2 months ago '07        #17
 7daytheory said
Feds aren't police.
And bx members aren’t scholars

po·lice
/pəˈlēs/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the civil force of a national or local government, responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the maintenance of public order.
"when someone is k*lled, the police have to be informed"
+3   

2 months ago '07        #18
 King Maximus said
They (FBI) are defined as a “Law Enforcement Agency”
Of course the people they say dumb isht to are not smart enough to comprehend federal state county and local police agencies

When isht goes down at lowest level being locality

Guess what feds step in

And do police work. But nonetheless if these weirdos think they are not the same they should commit a federal crime and see who shows up

2 months ago '16        #19
AngelTaster 
Props total: 8059 8 K  Slaps total: 543 543
Either way that’s what people with power do. You don’t play ball you get ya $ supply cut. Something us on the “bottom” will never understand.

2 months ago '08        #20
Skilly713 
Props total: 39699 39 K  Slaps total: 2643 2 K
 Maci said
Blue? Them uniforms are BLACK most times. Drive black cars. Black windows. Black guns. Black sunglasses.
Back the Black and Back the Brown don’t got the same racist twang to em

Back The Blue-Bloods is music to their ear

2 months ago '08        #21
Skilly713 
Props total: 39699 39 K  Slaps total: 2643 2 K
 7daytheory said
Feds aren't police.
They police the whole country.
+6   

2 months ago '12        #22
knowie728 
Props total: 10634 10 K  Slaps total: 725 725
 kuul said
This is not what they mean by defund the police. Is white america this dumb and entitled to think they can do all the fu*k sh*t and only people of color will go to jail? Money be green.

All Facts G !!!!!!!!!

2 months ago '17        #23
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x48
Props total: 114115 114 K  Slaps total: 32755 32 K
Cancel culture

2 months ago '17        #24
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x48
Props total: 114115 114 K  Slaps total: 32755 32 K
 bayareapiff said
What they really mean is "defund any organization that is not faithfully defending the cause of the white race"
Everything that comes out their mouth is this and only this in coded language
+6   

2 months ago '16        #25
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 112576 112 K  Slaps total: 7255 7 K
 kuul said

They genuinely don't think they did anything wrong
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  22
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Hurricane Ian.. Florida Yall prepared?
161 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+57online now  16
Image(s) inside Gaming Setup Thread
138 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  8
Sep 26 - 30-year fixed mortgage rate jumps to 6.8%. Highest reading since 2008..
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  3
'OFFSET all I gotta do is make a phone call & 4PF WILL HAVE U sh-tTING ON YA S..
179 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy