Aug 10 - Man seen handing money to migrants as they arrive in NYC on buses from Texas

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '11        #1
1635 page views
52 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x53
Props total: 192893 192 K  Slaps total: 25901 25 K
Aug 10 - Man seen handing money to migrants as they arrive in NYC on buses from Texas

Three buses packed with migrants from Texas arrived in New York City early Wednesday — welcomed by supporters who thrust $20 bills in their hands.

The buses arrived at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown, days after Mayor Eric Adams blasted Texas Gov. Greg Abbott as “anti-American” for relocating the asylum-seekers, which Abbott says he is doing to emphasize the crisis being created by the Biden administration allowing asylum seekers to stay in the US while their applications are processed.

The migrants appeared to be a mix of asylum seekers aided with bus tickets by the administration and by independent charities in addition to any shipped up here by the Republican Texas governor. Some had claims that could qualify potentially for asylum being granted while others were simply seeking a better life, which, depending on other circumstances, would not qualify them to stay in the U.S.

Jon Torres, who migrated from Colombia as a boy, took a four-hour bus ride from Maryland to New York to greet the new arrivals — with $200 in cash to give away.

“Because it’s the right thing to do,” Torres, 45, told The Post as to why he came. “It’s something that somebody would do for me if I’m in poverty, if I am starting out, someone would do that for me.”

Torres said he empathized with the migrants who arrived with few or no prospects for a job and no family or friends.

“You know, if I’m coming in a bus, if I’m scared, I don’t know where I am going, I don’t know what’s going on or nothing,” Torres said. “at least you know, if somebody gives me something for breakfast, at least I could start out that way, and then buy me a shirt, buy me clothes and then, I don’t know … figure it out from there.”

One migrant who got off at Port Authority told The Post he started his trek to America from Venezuela on July 8.

Jairo Gamardo said he crossed into the US via Texas and then spent two days being processed by immigration officials before he was taken to a church in a city where he got onto a bus that headed directly for the Big Apple – stopping only for bathroom breaks.

Gamardo said the government-funded trip was provided to him and other migrants hailing from Texas at no cost. He said he previously worked for the military in Venezuela and was seeking political asylum in the United States.

“It’s a beautiful city,” Gamardo said when asked why he wanted to come to New York.

Gamardo, who doesn’t know anyone in the Big Apple, traveled alone and is now searching for work and better days ahead, he said.

Another native of Venezuela said he worked several jobs back home, but could only earn about $30 monthly — far less than needed to support his family.

“That’s everyone’s dream, to help their families,” Ernesto Bose, 41, told The Post, adding that he hopes to eventually bring his parents and sons to the United States.

Bose said the trip he endured was “horrible,” but thanked the city officials who greeted him in New York.

“Everyone has been so nice and welcoming,” Bose said. “Everyone is so willing to help.”

Heading to New York became an option for Bose upon getting bus tickets destined for the city or the nation’s capital from a church in Eagle Pass, Texas, Bose said.

“And it’s the only place that accepts us here like this,” Bose continued.

A City Hall official said Tuesday at least three more buses carrying migrants from Texas would arrive in the Big Apple by Wednesday and keep showing up “basically daily.”

Abbott hired a charter bus company to send the migrants across the country, but the company signed a non-disclosure agreement preventing the city from obtaining details on its itineraries, Immigrant Affairs Commissioner Manuel Castro told reporters Tuesday.

Some 45 migrants got off a bus that arrived in the city on Friday, as Abbott said he planned to continue the program indefinitely, claiming New York City is the “ideal destination” for the migrants due to its services for homeless people.

Adams said Sunday that only 14 migrants had gotten off the bus that officials were “led to believe” held about 40 people. It’s unclear what happened to the others, but Adams said Monday some were sent to “new locations.”

Abbott began relocating migrants to Washington, DC, in April in response to what he calls President Biden’s “open border policies.” City Hall officials estimate around 4,000 migrants in all have arrived in recent weeks.

Torres said he believed Abbott was “trying to do the best he can” by busing the migrants to New York, a sanctuary city.

“But there’s only so many people you can help,” Torres said. “There are thousands of people every day, so I mean I respect his opinion but I think you gotta do some reform in each state to help out.”

visit this link https://nypost.com/2022/0 .. arrive-in-nyc/
+7   

best
worst
52 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 118566 118 K  Slaps total: 25358 25 K
Good for him. That's the kind of American I'm proud to call a fellow countryman.

idgaf if it's just 20 bucks here and there, you do what you can and I wish the federal government and Texas was more like that man when it comes to this issue.
+25   

2 months ago '14        #3
TooFatToFish 
Props total: 22467 22 K  Slaps total: 4782 4 K
"christians" will come in and say some sh*t about him
+14   

2 months ago '15        #4
The South 
Props total: 39339 39 K  Slaps total: 5013 5 K
It really is up to us to take care of us.
+10   

2 months ago '20        #5
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 71203 71 K  Slaps total: 13078 13 K
Write up that warrant for Abbott's arrest
+1   

2 months ago '11        #6
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x53 OP
 Xiox said
for what?
+3   

2 months ago '20        #7
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 71203 71 K  Slaps total: 13078 13 K
 Sin said
for what?
If those people are undocumented , I'll charge with interstate trafficking
+2   

2 months ago '11        #8
 Xiox said
according to this article they got to chose the location
+5   

2 months ago '16        #9
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41741 41 K  Slaps total: 7593 7 K
 TooFatToFish said
"christians" will come in and say some sh*t about him
How do you know he wasn't Christian?

And after reading thru the thread, you're wrong anyway clown.

2 months ago '16        #10
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41741 41 K  Slaps total: 7593 7 K
 Xiox said
How so?

If I come on to your property uninvited, I'm at the mercy of you, the property owner and the laws of the land.

Same goes for illegal immigrants
+3   

2 months ago '11        #11
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 23864 23 K  Slaps total: 3659 3 K
 Sin said
for what?
For being a piece of sh*t.

2 months ago '11        #12
We could have had immigration reform if the Senate did their jobs 20 years ago. Bush's immigration reform bill is still the most comprehensive (and fair) immigration bill to date. Democrats and Republicans can't agree on sh*t.
+4   

2 months ago '11        #13
we should send them to the rust belt

+2   

2 months ago '10        #14
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 47596 47 K  Slaps total: 7126 7 K
 Ghostface k*lla said
How so?

If I come on to your property uninvited, I'm at the mercy of you, the property owner and the laws of the land.

Same goes for illegal immigrants
Abbott can't make them leave Texas. The people getting on the busses are doing it voluntarily. They think they have a chance at a better life in NYC than in Texas.

This isn't even anything new. Churches down in Texas have been bussing people around the country like this for decades. Denver and Boulder were popular destinations at one point.

2 months ago '21        #15
GoldenKnight 
Props total: 7137 7 K  Slaps total: 4971 4 K
 Skateboard T said
Good for him. That's the kind of American I'm proud to call a fellow countryman.

idgaf if it's just 20 bucks here and there, you do what you can and I wish the federal government and Texas was more like that man when it comes to this issue.
Shut the fu*k up you ginger haired c*cksucker

2 months ago '21        #16
GoldenKnight 
Send all migrants with MS-13 tattoos to liberal cities because I love watching sh*tlibs suffer. Can't wait for the food shortages either

2 months ago '17        #17
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 87792 87 K  Slaps total: 7425 7 K
Thats dope. Humans helping humans

+6   

2 months ago '11        #18
 GoldenKnight said
Send all migrants with MS-13 tattoos to liberal cities because I love watching sh*tlibs suffer. Can't wait for the food shortages either
Food shortages never stopped black and immigrant communities from surviving, and in some instances, thriving. That's how some popular American cuisines came to be. From soul food to street food. The food shortages might affect people like you, though.
+6   

2 months ago '05        #19
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 64733 64 K  Slaps total: 21777 21 K
 Xiox said
Or maybe the President and this administration should stop letting in so many illegals in the country with no plans for them or their whereabouts.

2 months ago '21        #20
GoldenKnight 
 SomeOnesoN said
Food shortages never stopped black and immigrant communities from surviving, and in some instances, thriving. That's how some popular American cuisines came to be. From soul food to street food. The food shortages might affect people like you, though.
I just did a 72 hour fast bro. I fast for 24 hours twice weekly and could do it every other day if I wanted to and still build muscle. You wouldn't last a week in Venezuela bi*ch

2 months ago '20        #21
C05tC05K8g3NW8t 
Props total: 500 500  Slaps total: 76 76
Should have sent them back like Biden did the Haitians
+2   

2 months ago '11        #22
 GoldenKnight said
I just did a 72 hour fast bro. I fast for 24 hours twice weekly and could do it every other day if I wanted to and still build muscle. You wouldn't last a week in Venezuela bi*ch
You wouldn't have the energy to last 2 minutes in the ring with me with your emaciated a*s. Lmao. This MF is bragging about starving himself.

YOU wouldn't last in Venezuela. I've spent 3 months in Juarez. I'm pretty sure you couldn't last a week.

2 months ago '05        #23
projectd06 
Props total: 41338 41 K  Slaps total: 9293 9 K
That's dope, tell them come up here were always hiring.

2 months ago '05        #24
projectd06 
Props total: 41338 41 K  Slaps total: 9293 9 K
 GoldenKnight said

Lol yea because they all got ms-13 tattoos....

2 months ago '21        #25
GoldenKnight 
 SomeOnesoN said
You wouldn't have the energy to last 2 minutes in the ring with me with your emaciated a*s. Lmao. This MF is bragging about starving himself.

YOU wouldn't last in Venezuela. I've spent 3 months in Juarez. I'm pretty sure you couldn't last a week.
I would have knocked you out in a street f*ght at hour 71 you little pu**y hole. Like I said I am looking forward to watching those sh*tlib cities implode it's already happening too and trust me I'm laughing at it daily and hoping it happens faster. You dummies gonna learn one way or another. Now p*ss off peasant I'm done giving you my precious time

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Hurricane Ian.. Florida Yall prepared?
161 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+57online now  15
Image(s) inside Gaming Setup Thread
138 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Sep 26 - US will take ‘catastrophic’ action if Vladimir Putin uses nucl..
115 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  5
Sep 26 - 30-year fixed mortgage rate jumps to 6.8%. Highest reading since 2008..
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy