ps1 vs n64

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '22        #1
2571 page views
58 comments

SketchTurner  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3297 3 K  Slaps total: 1070 1 K
ps1 vs n64 (cutscenes)

for guys who had a 64

did u know u were missing cutscenes on games?

i had a ps1 and i don't think i ever realized back then that the 64 was missing cutscenes

i think sometimes the 64 was missing music too

two examples of games missing cutscenes would be tony hawk and vigilante 8

did yall 64 owners know what u were missing?

if u had a ps1, did u know the 64 was missing cutscenes?

cutscenes are a big deal for the intros and endings and even for parts of the story mid-game

i think resident evil 2 was the only 64 game that was story heavy that still kept up with the ps1 version with cutscenes.. but i think i heard someone say the quality of the cutscenes on 64 was still worse than the ps1 version.. and the framerate was cut in half or something

i used to want a 64 but looking back i'm glad i had the ps1.. grass always looks greener but its not, b

ps1

n64

Last edited by SketchTurner; 08-10-2022 at 02:12 PM..
+6   

best
worst
58 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 118845 118 K  Slaps total: 25517 25 K
I do remember missing the videos from THPS because my friend had a PS1 and I was N64. But in a lot of the games I remember them just doing in-game clips for "cutscenes".

Was too young to understand 3rd party stuff, and realistically at the time it was either on N64 or on Playstation because the only PC game I played was FF7 so I wasn't really tuned in to seeing PC games that were also on PS1 and realizing that there were "multiplats"
+2   

2 months ago '22        #3
SketchTurner  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Skateboard T said
I do remember missing the videos from THPS because my friend had a PS1 and I was N64. But in a lot of the games I remember them just doing in-game clips for "cutscenes".

Was too young to understand 3rd party stuff, and realistically at the time it was either on N64 or on Playstation because the only PC game I played was FF7 so I wasn't really tuned in to seeing PC games that were also on PS1 and realizing that there were "multiplats"
thanks for the detailed response mayn

2 months ago '08        #4
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45154 45 K  Slaps total: 3456 3 K
yes

2 months ago '20        #5
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x211
Props total: 114844 114 K  Slaps total: 23401 23 K
64 was better fam and had more classics that are still getting remastered til this day

What can compete with Super Mario 64 or Ocarina of time?

Any video game all time list has those within the top 5

I love the PS1 had it but as a kid I couldn’t keep my disc clean cause I had a bad a*s little cousin who use to scratch all my cds.
+11   

2 months ago '22        #6
 5ive04our said
64 was better fam and had more classics that are still getting remastered til this day

I love the PS1 had it but as a kid I couldn’t keep my disc clean cause I had a bad a*s little cousin who use to scratch all my cds.
this thread is more about the same games not exclusives

the 64 was usually missing things and i didn't realize it back then

everyone had an animated ending on vigilante 8.. the 64 just had still images.. the 64 was missing the intro as well

many games on 64 were missing videos and some sound

2 months ago '22        #7
Joe Buttons  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3694 3 K  Slaps total: 98 98
Playstation had cutscenes but N64 had better in game graphics... what more needs to be discussed fam
+9   

2 months ago '17        #8
Mozzie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 33787 33 K  Slaps total: 3240 3 K
Playstation had a disc which could hold more data
+8   

2 months ago '22        #9
 Joe Buttons said
Playstation had cutscenes but N64 had better in game graphics... what more needs to be discussed fam
iono man playstation was more pixelated but it kinda looks better in this game

2 months ago '10        #10
jbn2233 
Props total: 2346 2 K  Slaps total: 522 522
 SketchTurner said
for guys who had a 64

did u know u were missing cutscenes on games?

i had a ps1 and i don't think i ever realized back then that the 64 was missing cutscenes

i think sometimes the 64 was missing music too

two examples of games missing cutscenes would be tony hawk and vigilante 8

did yall 64 owners know what u were missing?

if u had a ps1, did u know the 64 was missing cutscenes?

cutscenes are a big deal for the intros and endings and even for parts of the story mid-game

i think resident evil 2 was the only 64 game that was story heavy that still kept up with the ps1 version with cutscenes.. but i think i heard someone say the quality of the cutscenes on 64 was still worse than the ps1 version.. and the framerate was cut in half or something

i used to want a 64 but looking back i'm glad i had the ps1.. grass always looks greener but its not, b

ps1

n64

Yes, I was well aware and it sucked! Take Resident Evil 2 for example that sh*t was BALLER on ps. Took years to come to N64 and when it did they gave it a vasectomy. sh*t was trash no cut scenes, they cut a lot of gamplay out. Carts clearly couldn't hold the data cds could, hence the N64 expansion pack ( that too made no difference to me as far as vid quality, but you
couldn't play certain games without it, zelda, star fox). Overall, I enjoy the fact we had games like WWF No Mercy, Goldeneye, Starfox, Smash Brothers, Rush Extreme Racing, Mario Party...but you had Duke Nukem, Resident Evil. If I could go back I say playstation wins. I remember being highly pissed off about not having the cut scenes like wtf.
+2   

2 months ago '22        #11
 jbn2233 said
Yes, I was well aware and it sucked! Take Resident Evil 2 for example that sh*t was BALLER on ps. Took years to come to N64 and when it did they gave it a vasectomy. sh*t was trash no cut scenes, they cut a lot of gamplay out. Carts clearly couldn't hold the data cds could, hence the N64 expansion pack ( that too made no difference to me as far as vid quality, but you
couldn't play certain games without it, zelda, star fox). Overall, I enjoy the fact we had games like WWF No Mercy, Goldeneye, Starfox, Smash Brothers, Rush Extreme Racing, Mario Party...but you had Duke Nukem, Resident Evil. If I could go back I say playstation wins. I remember being highly pissed off about not having the cut scenes like wtf.
yeah i don't remember even knowing that about the 64

all i remember as a ps1 owner was 64 didn't have loading time

so it always looked like a better option

but now that i see the missing cutscenes and audio these days i'm like nah that's a no go

2 months ago '04        #12
Zakhara 
Props total: 2039 2 K  Slaps total: 479 479
I'm a 64 guy, and I remember being a little bitter at the lack of FMV in games. However, it's also true that some PS games were dogged with crazy load times, which wasn't even a thing on the 64. It was just a matter of preference. I preferred all the N64 exclusives over anything the PS had. Plus, when you compared the wrestling games between the two consoles, the 64 games were leaps and bounds better and more fun.
+6   

2 months ago '18        #13
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 73768 73 K  Slaps total: 24560 24 K
I knew it was missing cutscenes but I also knew that the n64 version had better graphics. On some games it would really bother me like for instance someone posted wwf war zone how it had the lil videos of the guys talking. Then in some games it wouldn't bother me because the ps version didn't have cut scenes as well. But sh*t when I copped the dreamcast I dropped n64 and ps both as the graphics looked to outdated. Playing thps on n64 is a travesty. I use collect all the gamepro and gameinformer mags as a kid and the n64 port of games that were on ps dreamcast and n64 was always the lowest rated. N64 exclusives shined way better on the system.
+2   

2 months ago '21        #14
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 8270 8 K  Slaps total: 2233 2 K
64 had better gameplay but I do remember the lack of theatrics in 64 games. Sports games especially. But 64 didn't have all that loading.
+2   

2 months ago '20        #15
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x211
Props total: 114844 114 K  Slaps total: 23401 23 K
 SketchTurner said
this thread is more about the same games not exclusives

the 64 was usually missing things and i didn't realize it back then

everyone had an animated ending on vigilante 8.. the 64 just had still images.. the 64 was missing the intro as well

many games on 64 were missing videos and some sound
What kid wants to play cutscenes fam

But to each it’s own

64 had more legendary games and 4 players from the jump
+3   

2 months ago '21        #16
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 24387 24 K  Slaps total: 6583 6 K
I knew the 64 was weaker but I was a kid back then so I didn’t care

2 months ago '18        #17
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 73768 73 K  Slaps total: 24560 24 K
 Jonny2soxs said
I knew the 64 was weaker but I was a kid back then so I didn’t care
It wasn't weaker..just couldn't play cut scenes on a cartridge
+3   

2 months ago '04        #18
jewelz1132 
Props total: 7938 7 K  Slaps total: 345 345
 5ive04our said

You do know that Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7 & 8 dropped on PS1 right? Tekken 3, Street f*ghter Alpha 3, Tomb Raider or Silent Hill? Ocarina of Time is my GOAT, but I'd never say no sh*t like that lmao

But I think I remember audio differences with either WWF Warzone or WWF Attitude. The Nintendo 64 versions sounded like those SNES mixes. Road Rash 64 handled it very well compared to Road Rash 3D on PS1. WCW/nWo Revenge prob pissed me off the worst though. If only that sequel that was going to be dropping for PS1 didn't get scrapped.
+1   

2 months ago '22        #19
 jewelz1132 said
You do know that Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7 & 8 dropped on PS1 right? Tekken 3, Street f*ghter Alpha 3, Tomb Raider or Silent Hill? Ocarina of Time is my GOAT, but I'd never say no sh*t like that lmao

But I think I remember audio differences with either WWF Warzone or WWF Attitude. The Nintendo 64 versions sounded like those SNES mixes. Road Rash 64 handled it very well compared to Road Rash 3D on PS1. WCW/nWo Revenge prob pissed me off the worst though. If only that sequel that was going to be dropping for PS1 didn't get scrapped.
if tekken 3 dropped on the 64 it would've been a STRAIGHT UP TRAVESTY

the intro cutscene and all those endings would be missing.. plus their goofy controller?

maaaaaan

if that came out on 64 we'd still be laughing at 64 owners TO THIS DAY!

2 months ago '21        #20
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 24387 24 K  Slaps total: 6583 6 K
Used my TV as a titantron for my wrestling toys

WM2000
+1   

2 months ago '22        #21
some guy on youtube left a comment that i thought was good.. they left this comment on the nascar game i posted above... i feel like what he says kinda sums it up.. and it was interesting what he said about gran turismo i never thought of that:

dokanyon
2 years ago
As a bitter N64 owner I prefer the PS1 version, even though it lookes pixelated, it looks more realistic. I always envied my friend who had a Playstation because the game had animated cinematics and the N64 had cinematics with gameplay graphics. Also Playstation had better graphics in most of the games and I just couldn't deal with it because N64 was supposed to be a more powerful console right? Compare Gran Turismo with any N64 racing game. Can someone explain why games looked so bad in N64 (there are exceptions ofc). Is it because of the cartridge? So basically if yes, If it had a CD rom player instead of Cartridge we would have seen some amazing graphics?
+1   

2 months ago '22        #22
to the 64 guys i will admit your exclusives had phenomenal graphics

games like banjo kazooie were graphically ridiculous
+2   

2 months ago '04        #23
randy54  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3741 3 K  Slaps total: 324 324
my boy used to try to tell me banjo kazooie and 007 was better than metal gear and madden. that first person sh*t used to make me nauseous lmao

2 months ago '18        #24
Dehone 
Props total: 86299 86 K  Slaps total: 4324 4 K
I started on the 64 version of Tony Hawk so I never gave much of a sh*t ablutbthe cutscenes. I actually prefer the 64 version mainly because the main menu music is just a 3 second loop of the Turtles break portion which I can listen to for 10 or 20 minutes straight. I dont like the breakdown on the PS1 version

I also prefer the 64 version of f*ghting Force to the ps1 version because I dig the soundtrack more

Last edited by Dehone; 08-11-2022 at 10:15 AM..
+3   

2 months ago '18        #25
Most Palone 
Props total: 40795 40 K  Slaps total: 2671 2 K
 Joe Buttons said
/thread

32bit vs 64bit graphics
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+49online now  35
Women on Twitter tell Stories about how Men fumbled the 😾
304 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  26
Image(s) inside Got Some Head, Ate Some Bread, Got In Bed, Lucky He Ain’t Dead
96 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  15
Video inside '22 Elantra N Owner Gets Pulled Over, Told It Will Cost $7K To Remove S..
91 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+28online now  10
rich boy arrested for f*ghting with his parents
187 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy