God Of War Ragnarok Is So Big Itís Causing Game Delays! GOW vs ER for GOTY!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '16        #1
3270 page views
84 comments

Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 20124 20 K  Slaps total: 3372 3 K
God Of War Ragnarok Is So Big Itís Causing Game Delays! GOW vs ER for GOTY!

;t=GIFn-Dtg7kHvlVKn_5TTkQ
This is going to massive.image

Who do yíall hypothetically have taking the GOTY 2022?

ER was a massive hit in sales and reviews. But technically, story and narrative wise it was a miss. But it did revolutionize open world gaming. It was one of those that was damn near impossible to put down for most. The horse was a surprise in how useful it was. They rewarded exploration with summons, boss weapons and skills to customize the way you play. The expansive map, the unorthodox way they led you through the game. The surprise of night time only bosses. It seemed like there was no end to surprises and what they would do next. Itís clearly a master piece and leading the GOTY race.

GOW R may not revolutionize gaming but itís always been a complete memorable impactful experience. Story, sound, combat, visuals, etc. plus the lore is something we know already re imagined so Thor and Odin f*ghts are guaranteed to be impactful if GoWís history is anything to go by. I canít speak on something that isnít out, but the potential is crazy. The buzz around it is crazy.

What do yíall think?
+2   

best
worst
84 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107575 107 K  Slaps total: 41368 41 K
Elden Ring is a great game, hopefully GOW is too.

With that being said, I'm voting Multiversus. What they did with some of the characters and movesets in that game are fu*king amazing.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #3
Quinn 
Props total: 18906 18 K  Slaps total: 3374 3 K
i honestly want GOW delayed, so we can be saved the comparisons(also the sony boys salt)

there is no reason to compare the 2 games. even if one wins goty over the other

GoW wont even be out long enough for people to actually realize how good or bad it is, where as elden ring has had months for people to mess with it.

its the rewriting of history with one GOTY stamp that i dont like.
if GoW hits GOTY, people will act as if ER didnt come thru and crush this year.
if ER wins, gow fans will discredit ER and gow will have that as an unnecessary stain.

2 months ago '12        #4
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30816 30 K  Slaps total: 2760 2 K
ER was a massive hit in sales and reviews. But technically, story and narrative wise it was a miss.

Tell us you don't play FromSoft games without telling us you don't play FromSoft games.

God of War will hit low 9s but probably not hit the average of the previous game. It will obviously be a raging success but I imagine Elden Ring will win GOTY if for no other reason than Ragnarok is a game by a developer playing it safe (understandably so) and Elden Ring is a developer taking risks, and succeeding beyond expectations.

They're both gonna be behemoths though, been a good year. Imagine if Starfield didn't get delayed too.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #5
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 74377 74 K  Slaps total: 12347 12 K
Cant Come Soon Enough...

Im Predicting These MagaBots Gonna Try To Spoil The Storyline Like They Tried With TLOU2
I Guarantee It
+13   

2 months ago '17        #6
 Faythung said

Tell us you don't play FromSoft games without telling us you don't play FromSoft games.

God of War will hit low 9s but probably not hit the average of the previous game. It will obviously be a raging success but I imagine Elden Ring will win GOTY if for no other reason than Ragnarok is a game by a developer playing it safe (understandably so) and Elden Ring is a developer taking risks, and succeeding beyond expectations.

They're both gonna be behemoths though, been a good year. Imagine if Starfield didn't get delayed too.
Nobody would check for Starfield.

Elden Ring didn't do anything crazy at all. They went open world like a bunch of other IPs are doing now.

2 months ago '05        #7
jaedot 
Props total: 21737 21 K  Slaps total: 1266 1 K
Hype for this to drop, might replay the first one after I finish up death's door. I still got ER for GOTY tho
+1   

2 months ago '20        #8
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x211
Props total: 114856 114 K  Slaps total: 23401 23 K
 TonyCartagena said
Cant Come Soon Enough...

Im Predicting These MagaBots Gonna Try To Spoil The Storyline Like They Tried With TLOU2
I Guarantee It
Man letís see if it lives up to the hype.. TLOU2 just a tranny fest lol

2 months ago '17        #9
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 45308 45 K  Slaps total: 6313 6 K
Elden Ring

Japanese devs are too strong right now and make most western devs look like sh*t

2 months ago '12        #10
 5ive04our said
+6   

2 months ago '20        #11
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x211
Props total: 114856 114 K  Slaps total: 23401 23 K
 Faythung said
If you like trannies my bro more power to you

+1   

2 months ago '16        #12
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 Faythung said

I prolly completed and platíd ER before you did

The story is non existent, and damn well trash. From games have NEVER been big on story. Itís always been big on lore and LOOKING for the story. Which is one of the reasons the community is so big in the first place. Piecing together the lore and missables.

The lore is masterful and dope af, the art direction is dope too. Doesnít change the fact most people can play and beat the game without knowing what the fu*k going on in the game.
+6   

2 months ago '17        #13
 5ive04our said

2 months ago '04        #14
SpyDa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 15034 15 K  Slaps total: 1848 1 K
If it have f*ghts like the f*ght with the stranger, I'm all in.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #15
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 45308 45 K  Slaps total: 6313 6 K
 5ive04our said

There are no trannies in The Last of Us 2

Ol girl just had a short haircut and didnít want to be a child bride
+6   

2 months ago '12        #16
 5ive04our said

[
Only person resembling anything trans related is a kid who doesn't want to be a child bride.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #17
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 74377 74 K  Slaps total: 12347 12 K
 5ive04our said

+4   

2 months ago '12        #18
 Novii said

The story is non existent, and damn well trash.
Story is not simply the thing you're fed directly through dialog throughout the game.

FromSoft games have some of the best stories in gaming. Bloodborne is as deep as some Lovecraft novels, deeper even.

Novii said
I prolly completed and plat’d ER before you did
Elden Ring possibly being your first FromSoft game was kind of the point I was making. If you aren't used to experiencing the story of a game through anything other than cutscenes with scripted scenes of dialog then I can see why you might struggle with the story inside of a FromSoft game.

Last edited by Faythung; 08-10-2022 at 10:20 AM..
+3   

2 months ago '16        #19
 Faythung said
Story is not simply the thing you're fed directly through dialog throughout the game.

FromSoft games have some of the best stories in gaming. Bloodborne is as deep as some Lovecraft novels, deeper even.
Thatís what I said. But youíre missing my point, and BB is a masterpiece and one of the few Iím super proud of, especially doing chalices solo which was a big deal at the time.

They have something unique with finding your way. Itís part of why theyíre famous. I donít mind for the most part but then thereís Rannis quest in Elden ring. Iíll pay you $100 if you know someone personally who can clear that quest with NO guide. Itís not impossible but it requires some real out of the box thinking. Most casuals wonít understand and will miss most of it. Which is a shame considering how deep the sh*t is/CAN BE.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #20
 Novii said
Most casuals wonít understand and will miss most of it. Which is a shame considering how deep the sh*t is/CAN BE.
I don't disagree, but again story isn't just the thing that's explained to you through dialog and cutscenes. Lore is a part of story, as are characters and their backgrounds and so on.

You're talking about a direct narrative which I agree is almost non-existent in FromSoft games, why you're doing what you're doing is often cloudy or not explained at all beyond a few hints but that doesn't mean the story is trash.

2 months ago '07        #21
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 91796 91 K  Slaps total: 5689 5 K
 Quinn said
i honestly want GOW delayed, so we can be saved the comparisons(also the sony boys salt)

there is no reason to compare the 2 games. even if one wins goty over the other

GoW wont even be out long enough for people to actually realize how good or bad it is, where as elden ring has had months for people to mess with it.

its the rewriting of history with one GOTY stamp that i dont like.
if GoW hits GOTY, people will act as if ER didnt come thru and crush this year.
if ER wins, gow fans will discredit ER and gow will have that as an unnecessary stain.
outta your goddamn mind
+11   

2 months ago '05        #22
P-Hill 
Props total: 37925 37 K  Slaps total: 2455 2 K
Played the sh*t out of ER - will play the sh*t out of Ragnarok.
+4   

2 months ago '16        #23
 Faythung said
I don't disagree, but again story isn't just the thing that's explained to you through dialog and cutscenes. Lore is a part of story, as are characters and their backgrounds and so on.

You're talking about a direct narrative which I agree is almost non-existent in FromSoft games, why you're doing what you're doing is often cloudy or not explained at all beyond a few hints but that doesn't mean the story is trash.
Which Iíve always thought was dope. So Iíll concede that point as itís part of the story, but the direct narrative is an issue. I donít think they need to tell their story in cutscenes either. In fact I donít have the answer on how theyíd strike a balance, and itís not like it deters me from buying anything they put out. But I still wish I can have more of a ďdirect narrativeĒ on some level.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #24
DuzzE 
Props total: 1692 1 K  Slaps total: 171 171
I'll Be Playing This Day One Instead Of Waiting/Letting It Collect Dust... Can't Wait For This To Drop It Should Of Been 11/11 On Some Petty sh*t.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #25
God Bless 
Props total: 7042 7 K  Slaps total: 5852 5 K
I would put horizon ahead of elden ring for GOTY

Both were phenomenal but elden ring had no fu*king story. Just run around fu*king sh*t up and bounce to the next one

both are only possible on PlayStation so it’s a win either way

God bless

Last edited by God Bless; 08-10-2022 at 11:04 AM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+50online now  23
Women on Twitter tell Stories about how Men fumbled the 😾
308 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  21
Video inside '22 Elantra N Owner Gets Pulled Over, Told It Will Cost $7K To Remove S..
93 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  18
These Gotham Knights previews are pretty damn rough..
85 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
+31online now  16
Image(s) inside Got Some Head, Ate Some Bread, Got In Bed, Lucky He Ainít Dead
98 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy