Tom Cruise Wants To Make Les Grossman Tropic Thunder Spinoff

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
1539 page views
41 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x169
Props total: 207029 207 K  Slaps total: 7719 7 K
Tom Cruise Wants To Make Les Grossman Tropic Thunder Spinoff

"Tom Cruise is reportedly interested in developing some type of Tropic Thunder spinoff involving his character, Les Grossman. Released in 2008, Tropic Thunder tells the story of a group of actors who attempt to set off into the jungle to create the greatest Vietnam War movie ever made. Directed and starring Ben Stiller, Tropic Thunder proved generally popular with both audiences and critics and boasted a standout cast, including Robert Downey Jr., Jack Black, Brandon T. Jackson, Jay Baruchel, and Danny McBride.

While the performances from Stiller and Downey Jr. remain highlights, it's Cruise's cameo as studio executive Les Grossman that has perhaps become one of the most memorable aspects of the film. In a movie filled with wacky characters, Grossman stands alone, defined by angry, profanity-laced outbursts, his love of diet coke, and a penchant for dance. In one of Tropic Thunder's more memorable (and meme-able) moments, Grossman turns on "Low" by Flo Rida and dances while the end credits roll. Wearing a bald cap and body prosthetics, the legendary Mission: Impossible star is nearly unrecognizable in the role.

Per a new report from Deadline, Cruise is apparently looking to continue his working relationship with renowned Mission: Impossible franchise director Christopher McQuarrie for several new projects, among them a Grossman spinoff of some sort. It's not clear whether this Tropic Thunder spinoff would be a movie centered around Grossman or if the Cruise character would simply make a cameo in another project. With Cruise and McQuarrie still filming Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part 2 and with Cruise also slated to film a movie in outer space, it's unclear when a Grossman project could actually come to fruition.

While Cruise's deplorable studio executive from Tropic Thunder remains a highlight all these years later, it remains to be seen whether the character could carry an entire film. After all, the over-the-top nature of Grossman as a character lends itself more to a cameo-type role rather than the anchor for an entire movie. Despite this, however, it was rumored that a Grossman solo movie was in the works not long after Tropic Thunder came out, but the film never ended up coming to fruition. If Cruise does take on the role of Grossman once more, it would certainly mark a significant departure from the types of roles the star has taken on recently.

Now 60 years old, the last decade of Cruise's career has essentially seen the actor double down on one type of role. From Mission: Impossible and Oblivion, to Edge of Tomorrow and Top Gun: Maverick, Cruise's recent career has revolved around traditionally likable leading men in action-heavy roles. While once again donning the body prosthetics and bald cap and busting out some dance moves would certainly be a surprising turn from the actor, Tropic Thunder fans would surely be happy to see Grossman make his big-screen comeback in one form or another."

visit this link https://screenrant.com/tr .. ruise-updates/
+30   

best
worst
41 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x211
Props total: 114503 114 K  Slaps total: 23333 23 K
Should have capitalized when Tropic Thunder was on top everybody loved the character and didn’t know it was him
+47   

2 months ago '11        #3
CALViiiN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 77176 77 K  Slaps total: 8914 8 K
they are such a great team.

Can’t wait for MI
+4   

2 months ago '12        #4
SHADOW 
Props total: 1228 1 K  Slaps total: 143 143
tropic thunder still one of the funniest movies ive ever seen
+53   

2 months ago '20        #5
Gmoney419 
Props total: 7487 7 K  Slaps total: 1175 1 K
That sh*t been gestating for years. I remember after tropic thunder came out they was supposed to do a spin off. But then his career jumped right back into full gear
+3   

2 months ago '19        #6
drnarcisse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11299 11 K  Slaps total: 1306 1 K
Tom Cruise use to be in my top 10. now he's in my top 3. the past 5 years he really impressed me. especially after Maverick
+6   

2 months ago '21        #7
DwightMann 
Props total: 4456 4 K  Slaps total: 247 247
Do it!
+1   

2 months ago '16        #8
GillyGillzGiles 
Props total: 3239 3 K  Slaps total: 1226 1 K
 SHADOW said
Saw that and Pineapple Express back to back in the theaters
Good times
+3   

2 months ago '14        #9
Doc Mobster  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x69
Props total: 213316 213 K  Slaps total: 51496 51 K
 5ive04our said
Should have capitalized when Tropic Thunder was on top everybody loved the character and didn’t know it was him
Counterpoint: Or when he’s the surest and hottest bet in Hollywood.

Where there is less of a chance people won’t do the things needed to make it happen. Like put in money, work up a script and find a director and such.

Come on, I know y’all seen entourage.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #10
Maladar 
Props total: 3946 3 K  Slaps total: 2099 2 K
This is the movie we've been waiting for, he was epic in that.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #11
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 147737 147 K  Slaps total: 16199 16 K
Hard pass.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #12
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 147975 147 K  Slaps total: 44040 44 K
 SHADOW said

This n*gga tugg didn’t see the sh*t coming thought he was legit asking for advice

Even the moose/bull was like

So many more

Last edited by Tha Boss; 08-09-2022 at 08:11 AM..
+16   

2 months ago '05        #13
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 147975 147 K  Slaps total: 44040 44 K
 Doc Goblin said
Counterpoint: Or when he’s the surest and hottest bet in Hollywood.

Where there is less of a chance people won’t do the things needed to make it happen. Like put in money, work up a script and find a director and such.

Come on, I know y’all seen entourage.
Entourage movie was trash. Absolute trash
+2   

2 months ago '15        #14
Swavey 
Props total: 58510 58 K  Slaps total: 4705 4 K
I’m about to watch Tropic Thunder now

2 months ago '07        #15
ptwist  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24365 24 K  Slaps total: 2027 2 K
 5ive04our said
A lot of people said the same with MI & Top Gun. As long as Tom catches fire with anything, he can go back to it and it'll handle business.

Starting to see a lot of people post and mention the character recently, so it's starting to catch steam. I hope Ben directs it and doesn't water down the jokes... I was just saying 99% of director's wouldn't have the balls to direct and release Tropic Thunder in 2022 based on the sh*t they got away with lol
+1   

2 months ago '07        #16
ptwist  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24365 24 K  Slaps total: 2027 2 K
 drnarcisse said
Tom Cruise use to be in my top 10. now he's in my top 3. the past 5 years he really impressed me. especially after Maverick
Might wrap the bow on it as the box office GOAT, Jordan vs Jazz style, if the final MI films are anywhere close to the last 3.

We need that heel turn at some point. "Collateral" is top tier work. I know he can reach back for that whenever he wants.

But yeah, a hilarious Les film done right would give dude who turned 60 another decade of relevance. Crazy sh*t...
+1   

2 months ago '04        #17
Aesop730 
Props total: 27141 27 K  Slaps total: 2794 2 K
 SHADOW said
Classic. Beginning to end.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #18
StandUpFella09 
Props total: 9765 9 K  Slaps total: 1111 1 K
 kuul said
Hard pass.
sh*t would be lame as hell seeing cruise in that form for a whole movie lol
+1   

2 months ago '14        #19
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34064 34 K  Slaps total: 1401 1 K
fu*k yeah
+1   

2 months ago '06        #20
damn_ryght 
Props total: 32952 32 K  Slaps total: 4106 4 K
fu*kin yes.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #21
beermoney 
Props total: 10772 10 K  Slaps total: 711 711
 SHADOW said

It does not get its due.

You have to watch it a few times to catch all the jokes.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #22
JEBUS 917 
Props total: 977 977  Slaps total: 61 61
This would be fire!!!!!! Tropic thunder still gets watched during smoke sessions. But it would only be classic if they toss all the woke sh*t out the window.

2 months ago '05        #23
freshtoodef 
Props total: 13825 13 K  Slaps total: 575 575
I need Robert downys to play Kirk again too black character and all
+2   

2 months ago '10        #24
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 47659 47 K  Slaps total: 7137 7 K
Never got the hype. The weakest part of a movie filled with some good characters.

2 months ago '04        #25
purtayboi 
Props total: 6805 6 K  Slaps total: 682 682
 Tha Boss said

This n*gga tugg didn’t seem the sh*t coming thought he was legit asking for advice

Even the moose/bull was like

So many more
I love it when he’s like, “got any tips!” Then snatched the map
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+155online now  20
The Reality of Men's Struggles
258 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  17
Article inside SNL: Chris Redd was working on that Ime Udoka impression a little TOO..
80 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+137online now  14
Image(s) inside 26 years ago today, Nintendo 64 was released in the US
137 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Google Is Blaming Microsoft👀