Would you consider Goodfellas a Twist Ending

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #1
879 page views
18 comments

BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 38577 38 K  Slaps total: 21669 21 K
Would you consider Goodfellas a Twist Ending

The dialogue throughout the movie of Ray recounting everything he seen only for audience to realize he’s snitching at the end of the film where he walks up to the cam

Is this a twist ending especially if u weren’t aware of the real story
+9   

best
worst
18 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x83
Props total: 119502 119 K  Slaps total: 16563 16 K
 BreakkerSzn said
The dialogue throughout the movie of Ray recounting everything he seen only for audience to realize he’s snitching at the end of the film where he walks up to the cam

now that you mention it, i guess it was, for me, before watching, all i'd heard was that it was a dope mob movie with DeNiro in it, so i didn't know
+6   

2 months ago '04        #3
ghengis 
Props total: 18894 18 K  Slaps total: 547 547
Great observation
+2   

2 months ago '10        #4
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 47809 47 K  Slaps total: 7143 7 K
Been awhile since I seen it. I'm pretty sure after they did the hit on the airport everything started to go down hill (no pun). You weren't sure how it was going to end exactly. Just that the characters you had been following wouldn't come out unscathed.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #5
ezduzit 
Props total: 66239 66 K  Slaps total: 6427 6 K
I guess you can say that but it came out gradually. Not sudden like in the departed. Like at some point you could tell it was going to lead to him snitching
+7   

2 months ago '16        #6
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 57991 57 K  Slaps total: 10220 10 K
 BreakkerSzn said

nah

as soon as paulie found out he lied to him and was still moving drugs i knew he was snitching or getting k*lled then he was already making up excues to snitch on everybody
+5   

2 months ago '07        #7
LaVay 
Props total: 6150 6 K  Slaps total: 1091 1 K
 ezduzit said
at some point you could tell it was going to lead to him snitching
i was a kid I didnt know the real story when i first watched it...even tho he was narrating i still thought he was gonna die
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #8
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12 OP
Props total: 38577 38 K  Slaps total: 21669 21 K
 LaVay said
i was a kid I didnt know the real story when i first watched it...even tho he was narrating i still thought he was gonna die
Him narrating is supposed to be him snitching in court, the narration throughout the movie is him recounting everything while in court
+6   

2 months ago '07        #9
LaVay 
Props total: 6150 6 K  Slaps total: 1091 1 K
 BreakkerSzn said
Him narrating is supposed to be him snitching in court, the narration throughout the movie is him recounting everything while in court
Lol I know...

I'm saying the first time I watched it, I thought he was going to die. Like he was narrating from the grave. Films do it all the time..
+1   

2 months ago '18        #10
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 73745 73 K  Slaps total: 24557 24 K
No...even as a kid I knew he snitched from the beginning. You could just feel it from his narrating it.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #11
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 33647 33 K  Slaps total: 5760 5 K
i thought it was natural. i already knew there are only two choices for gangsters. either snitch or dont. and most snitch to stay free/on top cuz these ppl dont got no morals or codes

nothing more fitting for the end of a degenerate that all he ever wanted to be was a gangster. the life of taking the easy way out at every juncture
+2   

2 months ago '16        #12
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7763 7 K  Slaps total: 379 379
IDK, I never thought about it like that but I knew what was gonna happen once Henry started going crazy with the coke
+1   

2 months ago '19        #13
HotR1 
Props total: 4836 4 K  Slaps total: 150 150
 alejandrugas said
IDK, I never thought about it like that but I knew what was gonna happen once Henry started going crazy with the coke
That entire section always been my fav part lol Drvin around fried all day and to Henry that same heli he keeps seeing could be a lucky bird... Only to cook a whole dinner for the fam.. 5-6 drop offs on the way to the big score and this bytch says...

+2   

2 months ago '12        #14
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 73233 73 K  Slaps total: 13186 13 K
It’s only a twist if you don’t understand the underworld and humans. They made it clear as profitable as He was for them he was always a outsider. His only possible ending was snitching or prison/dying for the mob.
+2   

2 months ago '10        #15
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 60726 60 K  Slaps total: 2316 2 K
One of my favorite Mafia movies ever

I knew it was a wrap once he fell off on that powda And when this happened

Tried to have his wife wacked by some renovaters
+3   

2 months ago '16        #16
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7763 7 K  Slaps total: 379 379
 HotR1 said
That entire section always been my fav part lol Drvin around fried all day and to Henry that same heli he keeps seeing could be a lucky bird... Only to cook a whole dinner for the fam.. 5-6 drop offs on the way to the big score and this bytch says...
I love the whole movie, the helicopter part always has me dying lol, them guys in the motel asking Karen if she wants to see helicopters lol but I like the come up in the first half more
+1   

2 months ago '17        #17
Madmike 
Props total: 3943 3 K  Slaps total: 194 194
A lot of these mob gangsta/movies are built around characters who snitched or police. Especially those that are based on true events. Mostly because there's audio/video footage, police reports, court records that writers can use. The fictional movies like Godfather, Scarface don't have a sympathetic view of police, government and snitches.

2 months ago '22        #18
Leroy N Skillet 
Props total: 3550 3 K  Slaps total: 874 874

+3   

2 months ago '16        #19
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 42548 42 K  Slaps total: 4743 4 K
No, because when it comes to the mafia, they only go 3 ways: life imprisonment, death or snitching.

He's talking, so obviously he wasn't dead. The only other two options were life imprisonment and considering how he was telling the story that was unlikely, so snitching was obvious.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+48online now  12
LeBron James on Kareem: “No thoughts. No relationship.”
170 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+145online now  11
The GOAT chooses football over his supermodel wife.
305 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+17online now  10
Oct 3 - Child Dropped Off At School He Doesn't Attend, Police Unable to Find P..
84 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+93online now  3
Shooting My Shot And Flying Out To San Diego Tomorrow
151 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy