Jennette McCurdy Says Nickelodeon Offered $300,000 in Hush Money to Keep Quiet About Abuse

top in section
+62
    Just a reminder….  @sports
topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '18        #1
6303 page views
157 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x159
Props total: 194870 194 K  Slaps total: 7401 7 K
Jennette McCurdy Says Nickelodeon Offered $300,000 in Hush Money to Keep Quiet About Abuse

"iCarly star Jennette McCurdy is speaking out about her time working at Nickelodeon through her new memoir I'm Glad My Mom Died and among the other damning and heartbreaking revelations about what went on behind the scenes, she revealed that the company offered her $300,000 in "hush money" to keep quiet about her abuse under "The Creator." The excerpt released by Vanity Fair includes details on the interactions she had with company agents following her spinoff show Sam & Cat's cancellation and her subsequent departure from Nickelodeon.

Back at the time of iCarly's run, McCurdy had broken out as a star opposite Miranda Cosgrove and was offered the chance to star opposite Arianna Grande in a spin-off. During discussions for her contract for the show, however, McCurdy described being abused by "The Creator" who not only emotionally manipulated her but also pushed her to consume alcohol at only 18 and inappropriately massaged her shoulders without her consent. She described being fearful of stopping him due to the power dynamic at the time, saying, "My shoulders do have a lot of knots in them, but I don’t want The Creator to be the one rubbing them out. I want to say something, to tell him to stop, but I’m so scared of offending him."

In her final days at Nickelodeon, McCurdy described a hopeless feeling after spending so many years of her life in the "phony, bizarre sphere" of the company. When her show was finally canceled, she was approached by agents who offered her "hush money" while disguising it as a "thank-you gift" from Nickelodeon. McCurdy writes that one of her managers told her "They’re giving you three hundred thousand dollars and the only thing they want you to do is never talk publicly about your experience at Nickelodeon.” Expressing her outrage, she said in the memoir:

What the f---? Nickelodeon is offering me $300,000 in hush money to not talk publicly about my experience on the show? My personal experience of The Creator’s abuse? This is a network with shows made for children. Shouldn’t they have some sort of moral compass? Shouldn’t they at least try to report to some sort of ethical standard?

McCurdy doesn't elaborate on who "The Creator" is, but it's not difficult to guess. Dan Schneider, the man behind some of Nickelodeon's biggest shows, including iCarly, Sam & Cat, Zoey 101, and Drake & Josh among others, has been dogged by allegations of abuse in the workplace both from former cast members and employees. In 2018, he finally departed from the network amidst investigations from ViacomCBS. The results of those investigations were published in 2021 and, according to the New York Times, concluded that Schneider had a temper and was prone to verbally abusing co-workers.

Moreover, several actors interviewed claimed Schneider had asked them to give him massages, and it was clear he'd often text actors outside work hours. This is all without considering the general unease felt by audiences about how he seemed to treat child actors and claims of s*xualizing actors in their shows.

Nobody from Nickelodeon has publicly pointed the finger at Schneider for his actions, but what happened to McCurdy was not an entirely unknown occurrence. Stories like these only back what the public has had a general idea of for years. These are only allegations, but combined with the years of suspicion surrounding Nickelodeon and Schneider, it's a troubling image for the network and heartbreaking for all who suffered.

McCurdy's memoir I'm Glad My Mom's Dead releases on August 9."

visit this link https://collider.com/jenn .. oney-comments/
+19   

best
worst
157 comments

1 week ago '16        #2
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23480 23 K  Slaps total: 2134 2 K
Had a thing for her back in the day

And damn, what a title for a book.

My shoulders do have a lot of knots in them, but I don’t want The Creator to be the one rubbing them out
+60   

1 week ago '21        #3
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 22875 22 K  Slaps total: 6050 6 K
Didn’t read but nothing happened besides the feet sh*t

1 week ago '16        #4
The other guy 
Props total: 819 819  Slaps total: 58 58
 Jonny2soxs said
Didn’t read but nothing happened besides the feet sh*t
you think thats all that happened to all the kids who are complaining as adults. Just Feet sh*t

Thats why he got away with sh*t for years. Dudes like you. be better.
+124   

1 week ago '10        #5
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 46668 46 K  Slaps total: 7018 7 K
All those shows were after my time of watching Nickelodeon. I was watching Double Dare and You Can't Do That On Television back in the late 80's.

Even not being the target audience anymore it was obvious how the shows had changed with the kids (mostly female) wearing more revealing clothing and more s*xual innuendo in the dialogue when "The Creator" took over.

Kind of sucks because before I found out about Dan Schneider being over Nick I just knew him from Head of the Class which was of those must watch shows when I was growing up.
+60   

1 week ago '10        #6
Rick Ross 
Props total: 23391 23 K  Slaps total: 1257 1 K
@

+53   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '16        #7
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 103903 103 K  Slaps total: 15084 15 K
And of course coward f*g**t Baggio has a spam account named after this creep

+39   

1 week ago '15        #8
TalibanDread 
Props total: 56754 56 K  Slaps total: 5556 5 K
 Ravishing said
Had a thing for her back in the day

And damn, what a title for a book.

Andre Drummond’s old piece
+15   

1 week ago '16        #9
Scully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 26923 26 K  Slaps total: 14364 14 K
Been 10 years of allegations against Dan Schneider (mostly coming from the internet peanut gallery) and not one person done came through with receipts

Internet tried to say he was the father of Britney Spears sister baby, when really she was just smutting at an early age

The feet sh*t is weird. But that's honestly some corny 90s sh*t that was in every 90s show. "Feet are stinky and gross" is like a 90s trope. They used to do feet sh*t on shows like Full House and Married With Children

Dan Schneider aint invent it. He followed the wave

Whenever they ask any of the kids from All That, or the other Schneider shows if he was there smashing kids they say "hell no"

If he ain't got officially #MeToo'd for his money yet in this era, then there's nothing to #MeToo

1 week ago '04        #10
1000bluntz 
Props total: 39725 39 K  Slaps total: 8868 8 K

+20   

1 week ago '10        #11
sho 2010  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59940 59 K  Slaps total: 24745 24 K
Did he put his d*ck in your mouth yes or no
+15   

1 week ago '17        #12
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 23521 23 K  Slaps total: 7943 7 K

+72   

1 week ago '11        #13
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 68890 68 K  Slaps total: 48368 48 K
Doing that not many networks gonna fu*k with her. She burned bridges doing that I mean it’s good she exposed sh*t. But they don’t play so no more deals for her.
+10   

1 week ago '11        #14
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 40899 40 K  Slaps total: 5752 5 K
she about to start getting a bunch of negative press very soon.
+6   

1 week ago '14        #15
Doc Goblin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x64
Props total: 209556 209 K  Slaps total: 50952 50 K
 Boogersugar said
And of course coward f*g**t Baggio has a spam account named after this creep

Dawg, you hate me more than you hate him. Stop tap dancing for props.
Come on, dont be disingenuous.

Think about it for a second, the black former convict who now lives inthe bronx changes his name to infamous serial child predator of nickelodeon shows from the mid 2000s....

You dont find that bullsh*t ?

Why do you think there is a slap prop system ? The matrix has you bro.

and I know what am I talking about ?

1 week ago '20        #16
Iron Stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13252 13 K  Slaps total: 2284 2 K
McCurdy Vs Nickelodeon sounds like a tennis match

SN:She actually looks good for her age I thought from the memoir she was gonna be busted and drugged out.
+12   

1 week ago '18        #17
dacoolestg 
Props total: 21865 21 K  Slaps total: 2721 2 K
however, McCurdy described being abused by "The Creator" who not only emotionally manipulated her but also pushed her to consume alcohol at only 18 and inappropriately massaged her shoulders without her consent. She described being fearful of stopping him due to the power dynamic at the time, saying, "My shoulders do have a lot of knots in them, but I don’t want The Creator to be the one rubbing them out. I want to say something, to tell him to stop, but I’m so scared of offending him."

sn: i used to be somewhat enamored by shorty but the title of the book turned me off completely smh

1 week ago '15        #18
A NON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4603 4 K  Slaps total: 1325 1 K
Didn't this dude get Brittney Spears' sister pregnant or something?

Last edited by A NON; 08-06-2022 at 08:46 AM..

1 week ago '04        #19
doczdaname  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 16824 16 K  Slaps total: 2689 2 K
I'm sick of these girls coming out 50 years later with allegations. Why not just say it when it happens? Trying to be on the best sellers list but nobody even cares for this broad. I don't know who she is and never watched the show but I do know Grande and that is probably the only one that would get abused to be honest.

Just by the title of the book should tell you what an emotional wreck this bi*ch is.

1 week ago '07        #20
r.burgundy 
Props total: 33792 33 K  Slaps total: 5366 5 K
Only 300k? Stingy muthafu*kas
+18   

1 week ago '04        #21
gimmethat 
Props total: 12334 12 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
hollywood is a disgusting place ... you have the predators at work and victims, timing their revelations around their career low ,monetizing their trauma

i knew something was wrong with this girl when she started trashing Drummond because her fans were mad at her and didnt approve dating a brother
+27   

1 week ago '14        #22
Doc Goblin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x64
Props total: 209556 209 K  Slaps total: 50952 50 K
Here is the common theme that runs through all these when I was younger I was abused stories with all these bi*ches.

Now what ? What do we do now ? The damage is done. You're rich and fu*ked up or poor and fu*ked up.

What does telling the world do ? They have meetings for this kind of stuff, doctors, DRUGS.

Like ? Everybody wanna act like the world is a stage, when you reallyu you should just go home, struggle and have that f*ght and introspective exploration of self to get to the core of what happened and figuring out how to move on. It's not your fault, but it is your life. What you do is up to you.

The point is to do something with your life, not spend your life telling people and writing a book about it ?

Handle that sh*t in-house. I dont need to know and the idea that people hearing about famous person 2004056403 being in this postion in life should inspire them either. They too should do drugs, talk to somebody, f*ght.

This whole thing of I want retroactive justice is such a stalemate move. Nobody wins. All this metoo sh*t. NOBODY WINS.

It's just kicking over the fu*king game table cause you were part of a game, and you got used.

That's fu*ked up and that's life sometimes and terrible and there is nothing that can done about it. Cause money. Cause people look the other way, cause people need a job at the end of the day. Doesn't make it ok. But the events in your life happened that way.

Nothing you can do. There's nothing you can do.

1 week ago '05        #23
rellish 
Props total: 20039 20 K  Slaps total: 2924 2 K
Lil bitt got her shoulders touched inappropriately

1 week ago '15        #24
Still Numskull 
Props total: 23996 23 K  Slaps total: 5790 5 K
She worked on Dan Schneiders show I believe her
+11   

1 week ago '18        #25
Dehone 
Props total: 81841 81 K  Slaps total: 4002 4 K
Dan Schneider's scummy a*s has had a hand in pretty much all the hot Nickelodeon shows from like 91 to 2010

Who knows how many lives he's ruined
+25   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+99online now  100
Woman speaking facts about female expectation
96 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  93
Video inside Joe Budden still getting that Nike money 20 years later (Swoosh High )
18 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+30online now  45
Video inside "So Long, Pal" Judge Sentences Repeat Offender After Giving Him Several..
64 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+78online now  45
Jordan price increases
130 comments
20 hours ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy