Aug 5 - China suspends cooperation with US on range of issues

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 week ago '05        #1
1269 page views
28 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 15994 15 K  Slaps total: 3783 3 K
Aug 5 - China suspends cooperation with US on range of issues

China suspends cooperation with US on range of issues, sanctions Pelosi over Taiwan trip

(CNN)China's Foreign Ministry announced new countermeasures against Washington on Friday, including the suspension of climate talks, in response to Nancy Pelosi's visit to Taiwan, hours after it announced sanctions against the US House speaker.

The measures include the cancellation of future phone calls and meetings between Chinese and US defense leaders, for which future dates had not been announced, and the cancellation of annual naval meetings under the China-US military maritime consultation mechanism.
China also suspended cooperation on the repatriation of illegal immigrants, legal a*sistance on criminal matters and the combat of transnational crimes, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said in a briefing Friday.
It suspended its anti-drug cooperation with the US, which has already been strained in recent years. The US has blamed China for failing to stop synthetic opioids reaching the US as both Beijing and Washington disagree on how to counteract the problem.
China's Foreign Ministry also said it would suspend climate change talks, a major area of cooperation despite escalating tensions in recent years.

The moves come after Beijing announced that it would sanction Pelosi and her immediate family over the visit to Taiwan, and as it stepped up military drills and warplane incursions around the island.

Earlier Friday, China's Foreign Ministry condemned Pelosi for what it described as her "vicious and provocative actions," saying her trip to Taiwan amounted to "seriously interfering in China's internal affairs."
"U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted on visiting Taiwan in disregard of

China's serious concerns and firm opposition, seriously interfering in China's internal affairs, seriously undermining China's sovereignty and territorial integrity, seriously trampling on the one-China principle, and seriously threatening the peace and stability across Taiwan Strait," a statement from China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Friday.
"In response to Pelosi's vicious and provocative actions, China has decided to impose sanctions on Pelosi and her immediate family," the statement said.
Pelosi's visit to Taiwan on Wednesday, when she met President Tsai Ing-wen and other leaders, has infuriated China's Communist Party, which views the self-governed democratic island as its territory -- despite never having controlled it.

At a news conference in Tokyo during the last stop of her Asia tour, Pelosi struck a defiant tone, saying China had sought to isolate Taiwan from the international community but would not prevent US officials from traveling there.
"We will not allow (China) to isolate Taiwan," the California Democrat said Friday. "They are not doing our travel schedule."
The White House summoned the Chinese ambassador to the US, Qin Gang, on Thursday to condemn China's "irresponsible" military activities following Pelosi's trip, National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby told CNN. The meeting was first reported by The Washington Post.

Ahead of the visit, Beijing had warned it would take "forceful measures" if Pelosi went ahead, and on her departure it launched live-fire military exercises and sent missiles over Taiwan for the first time.
Taiwan's Defense Ministry said as of 11 a.m. Friday, several Chinese military jets and warships had conducted exercises around the Taiwan Strait and crossed the median line -- the halfway point between the island and mainland China.
Taiwan's military responded with radio warnings, air patrol forces, naval ships, and shore-based missile systems, the ministry said.
On Thursday, China sent 22 warplanes into Taiwan's air defense identification zone (ADIZ), all of them crossing the median line.

A number of countries, including from the G7 grouping of some of the world's largest economies, have criticized China's drills, urging Beijing not to change the status quo in the region.
In her comments on Friday, Pelosi said the visit to Taiwan had been about maintaining the status quo.
"It's about the Taiwan Relations Act, the US-China policy, all of the pieces of legislation and agreements that have established what our relationship is -- to have peace in the Taiwan Strait and to have the status quo prevail," she said.
Pelosi also rejected suggestions by some critics that her visit had more to do with burnishing her legacy than benefiting the island, calling the claim "ridiculous."

She pointed to Taiwan's "free and open democracy," successful economy and relatively progressive LGBTQ rights. "This isn't about me -- it's about them," she added. "It's about Taiwan, and I am proud to have worked over the years to showcase the concerns that they have with mainland China."
Meanwhile Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on Friday called for an immediate halt to China's drills, saying they were "a serious issue concerning the security of our country and its people."
Earlier, Japan lodged a formal complaint after five Chinese missiles landed in its Exclusive Economic Zone.
Amid worsening relations, China canceled a planned meeting between the Chinese and Japanese foreign ministers.
On Thursday, China's Vice Foreign Minister Deng Li summoned envoys to China from European countries, the EU and Japan in protest of their statements regarding Taiwan.
The G7 statement "distorts the facts" and is a "blatant political provocation," said Deng, who accused the countries involved of interfering with China's internal affairs.
Pelosi's visit to Taiwan was the first by a sitting House speaker in 25 years, since then-House Speaker Speaker Newt Gingrich's visit in 1997. Her Asia tour also included stops in Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Japan.

visit this link https://www.cnn.com/2022/ .. hnk/index.html
+4   

best
worst
28 comments

1 week ago '17        #2
quarter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 20704 20 K  Slaps total: 13820 13 K
Will this be worse than the Putin price hike?
+1   

1 week ago '21        #3
Square Life  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3867 3 K  Slaps total: 295 295
i aint a fan of china but these fu*kers got a lot of nerves worried about others affairs when they treat us like sh*t.
+7   

1 week ago '11        #4
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 22879 22 K  Slaps total: 3502 3 K
Maaan. fu*k China. I think it's about time the US reverses course and puts sanctions on their a*s. They're economy is imploding as we speak. They're going to get desperate and start a war either way.
+6   

1 week ago '19        #5
NoFuxGvn 
Props total: 3624 3 K  Slaps total: 220 220
As they should.
Keep that sh*t strictly business. I’m no fan of China but it’d make sense for any sovereign nation/superpower to respond in such after the stunt Pelosi pulled.

It’s all theater until it ain’t.

1 week ago '15        #6
isthistobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x51
Props total: 83404 83 K  Slaps total: 9516 9 K
Cost of goods going up
+3   

1 week ago '16        #7
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 40286 40 K  Slaps total: 7388 7 K
Sounds about as effective as firing missiles at the water.

They throwing a whole damn tantrum over there
+4   

1 week ago '09        #8
MPipes101 
Props total: 4202 4 K  Slaps total: 524 524
 SomeOnesoN said
Maaan. fu*k China. I think it's about time the US reverses course and puts sanctions on their a*s. They're economy is imploding as we speak. They're going to get desperate and start a war either way.
I doubt that at the moment, US will need another country to supply everything we need. If they bring all the manufacturing back to America then sanctions might mean something.
+3   

1 week ago '14        #9
Mailman504 
Props total: 3676 3 K  Slaps total: 166 166
China gonna trade lightly because we are their biggest consumer.
+6   

1 week ago '18        #10
Ryo857 
Props total: 7432 7 K  Slaps total: 810 810
 Mailman504 said
China gonna trade lightly because we are their biggest consumer.
Exactly and their economy is in the tank too now
+2   

1 week ago '17        #11
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x196
Props total: 124111 124 K  Slaps total: 28520 28 K
Little 3 inch d*ck muthafuxkin Ching Chang men mad as fu*k
+2   

1 week ago '06        #12
cleavon15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 5052 5 K  Slaps total: 928 928
 SomeOnesoN said
Yes sir. Take Africa from their a*s.
+1   

1 week ago '14        #13
agriffiths 
Props total: 2892 2 K  Slaps total: 558 558
I feel like the people we should have been focused on for years is China. fu*k Russia n North Korea. They aint sh*t and they aint gonna be sh*t. It's about time we start some sh*t and big d*ck these c*nts. They're alway yappin. They wouldn't be sh*t without us and it would hurt us to not be with them. How can we let a foreign government, especially them, buy so much of our farm Lands??? We need to seize that sh*t and tell them to fu*k off. Make em come to our terms on sh*t. I just do not trust this current leadership that we have. Only time will tell.
+2   

1 week ago '06        #14
PremiumBreeze 
Props total: 3075 3 K  Slaps total: 137 137
 agriffiths said
I feel like the people we should have been focused on for years is China. fu*k Russia n North Korea. They aint sh*t and they aint gonna be sh*t. It's about time we start some sh*t and big d*ck these c*nts. They're alway yappin. They wouldn't be sh*t without us and it would hurt us to not be with them. How can we let a foreign government, especially them, buy so much of our farm Lands??? We need to seize that sh*t and tell them to fu*k off. Make em come to our terms on sh*t. I just do not trust this current leadership that we have. Only time will tell.
I see what you mean, but how do you know we’re not already? Cyber warfare has been going for years. Espionage programs have been in progress for a minute.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #15
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 68890 68 K  Slaps total: 48368 48 K
The 8 measures China has announced they are taking in response to Pelosi visiting Taiwan

Yall n*ggas better not go over there number 5 going to have yall like Brittney Griner if you fu*k up
+7   

1 week ago '04        #16
illsoul440 
Props total: 4938 4 K  Slaps total: 1338 1 K
1,2 and 3 is gona be the sh*t that puts in war with them ninjas
+2   

1 week ago '08        #17
WarviewVA 
Props total: 6962 6 K  Slaps total: 760 760
Why these “people” just can’t mind their own business….this is a pattern repeated on a minor and major scale….if the roles were reversed and Chinese were over here and talking sh*t y’all would wanna declare war….
+3   

1 week ago '05        #18
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 32499 32 K  Slaps total: 12055 12 K
Time to make the CCP eat nukes

1 week ago '11        #19
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38778 38 K  Slaps total: 4618 4 K
 agriffiths said
Seizing private property is literally communism brother

Where would the land go to?

A US billion dollar corporation?

1 week ago '17        #20
FreeSmoke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 26767 26 K  Slaps total: 6657 6 K
Good but I know China pu**y

Do sum.
+1   

1 week ago '10        #21
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 59366 59 K  Slaps total: 2261 2 K
Good job pelosi
 WarviewVA said
Why these “people” just can’t mind their own business….this is a pattern repeated on a minor and major scale….if the roles were reversed and Chinese were over here and talking sh*t y’all would wanna declare war….
Most definitely would have shot their sh*t down or had it shot down

1 week ago '19        #22
Airtight 
Props total: 18295 18 K  Slaps total: 2343 2 K
 Ghostface k*lla said

Pelosi really humiliated an entire country with a quick weekend trip

What's worse is the hilarious fallout of internal criticism when their people see their leaders talking about dire consequences and playing with fire warnings, only for Pelosi to go anyway, throw up dueces next to the taiwanese, then leave them crying in the car

+2   

1 week ago '20        #23
SmoothCheese  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 684 684  Slaps total: 447 447
 Ghostface k*lla said

:eddiehah
+1   

1 week ago '10        #24
lltreyll 
Props total: 9805 9 K  Slaps total: 2993 2 K
I'm not into Googling everything. Isn't America in debt to China and owe them a ridiculous amount of money? Like billions or more? Wouldn't that be enough reason for China not to get involved in war with America?....Afterall, that would be extremely counterintuitive and certainly would make them getting the money back difficult; if not leading to them never getting the money back, at least anytime in our life time...

I thought I just read China's economy is on the brink of collapsing too. So if America owes China a stupid amount of money, then why would China do too much and burn the bridge to money they're owed from America? Especially if they're really hurting for money and sh*t right now?
+1   

1 week ago '04        #25
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33803 33 K  Slaps total: 1585 1 K
 lltreyll said
I'm not into Googling everything. Isn't America in debt to China and owe them a ridiculous amount of money? Like billions or more? Wouldn't that be enough reason for China not to get involved in war with America?....Afterall, that would be extremely counterintuitive and certainly would make them getting the money back difficult; if not leading to them never getting the money back, at least anytime in our life time...

I thought I just read China's economy is on the brink of collapsing too. So if America owes China a stupid amount of money, then why would China do too much and burn the bridge to money they're owed from America? Especially if they're really hurting for money and sh*t right now?
it's not correct to think of it as being in debt. they own around $1 trillion in u.s. treasury bonds. the highest owner of american debt is actually the american public ourselves. foreign owners are a mere fraction. japan owns $1.3 trillion, more than the chinese. these two countries own these for two reasons; 1) it's a virtually risk free investment backed by the u.s. government, it's consumer market, it's massive military and it's transparent financial system, and 2) it helps keep the dollar value higher than their currencies (yen, yuan) so it's more attractive for americans to buy exports from both japan and china which are how these countries make most of their money (because they can't sustain domestically like the americans can.) so it's not like loaning the americans money and so they owe them. it's investing in long term bonds while also making sure their export-led economies are safe from competition from american exports.

all i hear most americans talk about is how reliant we are on china and that's true when it comes to certain sectors like cheap goods, medical stuff etc. or they bring up this "debt." but never forget how reliant on america the chinese are as well. this is a symbiotic relationship. they are reliant on the american consumer market. they are reliant on the american navy keeping international trade routes open and safe for the chinese to export their products and import their energy. they can't do that on their own with their navy it's not built for that. russia's navy can't either. and they can't lose the american consumer market and still hope to grow or sustain their comfort of living standards they've gotten used to recently.

only problem is sometimes ideology, pride, etc. can overrule all these factors and they could risk it all. president xi has gone down a very different path than the former recent leaders have gone since deng xiaoping. he's clearly a bigger fan of the days of mao (from which he came of age) than the much more successful reigns of more recent leaders. which is why china has been much more aggressive and loud towards it's regional and international rivals than in the past. imo he's been disastrous for china.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+105online now  105
Woman speaking facts about female expectation
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  89
Video inside Joe Budden still getting that Nike money 20 years later (Swoosh High )
23 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+78online now  44
Jordan price increases
131 comments
20 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+31online now  42
Video inside "So Long, Pal" Judge Sentences Repeat Offender After Giving Him Several..
65 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy