Visualization of The True Size of Africa

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 months ago '20        #1
8359 page views
58 comments

OrganizedChaos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4999 4 K  Slaps total: 322 322
Visualization of The True Size of Africa

IG

+72   

best
worst
58 comments

2 months ago '15        #2
Deuce2416 
Props total: 27513 27 K  Slaps total: 2863 2 K
Ain’t nothin else really need be added, but here’s a post anyway. Respect
+28   

2 months ago '17        #3
KingLogic 
Props total: 11237 11 K  Slaps total: 723 723
Great post, op. Sort of on the same subject... misconceptions and disinformation are often systemic, and maps are tools that have been used for hundreds of years to further the agendas of many mentally ill and power hungry people.

Most of us are probably familiar with the Mercator map projection. There are many others, though. They all have to be distorted in some way, but some are more selfishly and/or maliciously distorted than others.

+11   

2 months ago '22        #4
Dick2Gutta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8578 8 K  Slaps total: 670 670
I never thought about how all the other continents are made to look vastly bigger....great post OP.

Last edited by Dick2Gutta; 07-26-2022 at 07:59 PM..
+34   

2 months ago '18        #5
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19526 19 K  Slaps total: 4151 4 K
The globe is also upside down. Racism was even in how they set up geography
+42   

2 months ago '18        #6
Dsammy04 
Props total: 3197 3 K  Slaps total: 136 136
Ever wonder what state the world would be in if Europeans never invaded and r*ped Africa.

With all the resources in the continent needed for today technology being sourced from Africa. Africa really could’ve been Wakanda. Just think of all the gold that was found their recently as well. All the animals the invaders over hunted and pushed to extinction. All the history from the country being told from white lips. Man it’s so much.

Africa is really supposed to be a super power continent
+49   

2 months ago '05        #7
fatrenzo 
Props total: 7670 7 K  Slaps total: 425 425
Lol. Big mama.

2 months ago '15        #8
mwtx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41149 41 K  Slaps total: 6268 6 K
Thread for remedial people. This is common knowledge.

2 months ago '06        #9
LYTE 
Props total: 30156 30 K  Slaps total: 2378 2 K
Though maps do shrink the size of Africa, this video doesn't really help by putting countries inside a continent
+4   

2 months ago '18        #10
iTrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10708 10 K  Slaps total: 2143 2 K
 Dsammy04 said
Ever wonder what state the world would be in if Europeans never invaded and r*ped Africa.

With all the resources in the continent needed for today technology being sourced from Africa. Africa really couldíve been Wakanda. Just think of all the gold that was found their recently as well. All the animals the invaders over hunted and pushed to extinction. All the history from the country being told from white lips. Man itís so much.

It is , until you factor corruption into the equation, after the corruption, the sum is all fucced up
+4   

2 months ago '18        #11
Dsammy04 
Props total: 3197 3 K  Slaps total: 136 136
 iTrap said
It is , until you factor corruption into the equation, after the corruption, the sum is all fucced up
Africa wasn't corrupt until influenced by false poverty by Europeans. They made the richest country believe it was the poorest country.

Plus if you think these other first world countries ain't corrupt you dead wrong and they all seem to be thriving just fine.
+9   

2 months ago '04        #12
Zakhara 
Props total: 2039 2 K  Slaps total: 479 479
 mwtx said

This "true size of Africa" thread is just one of those things that will come up every couple of years, as someone sees it for the first time and "feels" it needs to be shared/seen by the rest of the world.

But please share with us, what else is "common knowledge" along the same line?... I'm curious.
+11   

2 months ago '14        #13
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 176581 176 K  Slaps total: 38976 38 K

Last edited by strungout; 07-26-2022 at 10:13 PM..
+6   

2 months ago '19        #14
JBigDawg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 12073 12 K  Slaps total: 2432 2 K
Which is why conventional world maps are a lie they aren't to scale

P.S. the Earth is flat

Last edited by JBigDawg; 07-27-2022 at 01:00 AM..

2 months ago '04        #15
1000bluntz 
Props total: 40689 40 K  Slaps total: 8986 8 K
Place is so big that damn near every time I hear of a country I never heard of previously, it's always in Africa
+6   

2 months ago '19        #16
walay 
Props total: 634 634  Slaps total: 55 55
 iTrap said
everywhere is corrupt

the endemic political corruption you hear about in the global south is done in partnership with MNCs from the supposedly transparent countries at the top of all those indexes but the poorer ones suffer the brunt of reputational damages

consider that switzerland is commonly considered one of the least corrupt places on earth. lol

let's not even talk about the US and UK

Last edited by walay; 07-27-2022 at 12:33 AM..

2 months ago '16        #17
ELAH MENTAT 
Props total: 27732 27 K  Slaps total: 2150 2 K
 OrganizedChaos said

Deuce2416 said
Ainít nothin else really need be added, but hereís a post anyway. Respect
 KingLogic said
Great post, op. Sort of on the same subject... misconceptions and disinformation are often systemic, and maps are tools that have been used for hundreds of years to further the agendas of many mentally ill and power hungry people.

Most of us are probably familiar with the Mercator map projection. There are many others, though. They all have to be distorted in some way, but some are more selfishly and/or maliciously distorted than others.

d*ck2Gutta said
I never thought about how all the other continents are made to look vastly bigger....great post OP.

mwtx said

LYTE said
Though maps do shrink the size of Africa, this video doesn't really help by putting countries inside a continent
 Zakhara said
This "true size of Africa" thread is just one of those things that will come up every couple of years, as someone sees it for the first time and "feels" it needs to be shared/seen by the rest of the world.

But please share with us, what else is "common knowledge" along the same line?... I'm curious.
 1000bluntz said
Place is so big that damn near every time I hear of a country I never heard of previously, it's always in Africa

+2   

2 months ago '17        #18
myPOWER 
Props total: 12188 12 K  Slaps total: 7138 7 K
 Dsammy04 said
Africa wasn't corrupt until influenced by false poverty by Europeans. They made the richest country believe it was the poorest country.

Plus if you think these other first world countries ain't corrupt you dead wrong and they all seem to be thriving just fine.
So youíre saying Africa is full of dumbasses who got fooled by someone else?

+2   

2 months ago '15        #19
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 36146 36 K  Slaps total: 11041 11 K
 MrPersonality said
The globe is also upside down. Racism was even in how they set up geography
 Dsammy04 said

With all the resources in the continent needed for today technology being sourced from Africa. Africa really couldíve been Wakanda. Just think of all the gold that was found their recently as well. All the animals the invaders over hunted and pushed to extinction. All the history from the country being told from white lips. Man itís so much.

LYTE said
I think Africa's issue is they have too many countries. The world has 195 countries and 27% is in Africa. 54 countries is silly imho. Africa is the biggest continent so should also have the biggest countries. All of the super powers are big a*s countries. Africa should have half of the countries imho and they should have the top 5 biggest countries... Listen to Caste by Isabel Wickerson btw and you'll be more upset on how these countries purposely did black people to keep them at the bottom... Lastly, if the countries in Africa coulda kept their resources, 30 countries woulda been Dubai like. Just see how they operate in Saudi Arabia and the UAE and it woulda been like that times 30! Them people couldn't have that sh*t! Those African countries wasn't ready for that sh*t...

Off topic but just crazy sh*t I think, I believe white folks had a different creator than African. Neanderthal is different than human and Neanderthals we're here 1st so it seems they may have had a head start and the worse thing that happened was humans blended with them. They brought 2 sides to the game when humans only brought 1! Long story short is we did it to ourselves! It's like they're creator literally gave them the recipe and black folks creator was just like, "what else do y'all want? Everyone here because of y'all!, ok bye..."

2 months ago '21        #20
Aztec King 
Props total: 25495 25 K  Slaps total: 9655 9 K
The ADOS/fba on this site hate Africans on here but love Black Panther movies and anything that makes Africa look good

Is it One Mic or Oochie Wally

Personally I've always had good interactions with African people.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #21
yunhsus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 25185 25 K  Slaps total: 12043 12 K
 Dsammy04 said

lmao, africa would still probably be crappy without European interference. I'm Nigerian, was born there, the level of corruption and ignorance there has nothing to do with Europeans
+3   

2 months ago '15        #22
mwtx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41149 41 K  Slaps total: 6268 6 K
 Zakhara said

I donít know what you mean along the same line. You gotta be more specific. This is common knowledge because itís taught in middle/highschool. Everyone that has any education whatsoever should know Africa is big af.
+1   

2 months ago '06        #23
LYTE 
Props total: 30156 30 K  Slaps total: 2378 2 K
 AmillionMo said
I think Africa's issue is they have too many countries. The world has 195 countries and 27% is in Africa. 54 countries is silly imho. Africa is the biggest continent so should also have the biggest countries. All of the super powers are big a*s countries. Africa should have half of the countries imho and they should have the top 5 biggest countries... Listen to Caste by Isabel Wickerson btw and you'll be more upset on how these countries purposely did black people to keep them at the bottom... Lastly, if the countries in Africa coulda kept their resources, 30 countries woulda been Dubai like. Just see how they operate in Saudi Arabia and the UAE and it woulda been like that times 30! Them people couldn't have that sh*t! Those African countries wasn't ready for that sh*t...

Off topic but just crazy sh*t I think, I believe white folks had a different creator than African. Neanderthal is different than human and Neanderthals we're here 1st so it seems they may have had a head start and the worse thing that happened was humans blended with them. They brought 2 sides to the game when humans only brought 1! Long story short is we did it to ourselves! It's like they're creator literally gave them the recipe and black folks creator was just like, "what else do y'all want? Everyone here because of y'all!, ok bye..."

This perspective is unique in a good way. Never heard anyone look at it like that. Out of pure curiosity, where would the East Asian people fall in that ideology? Being that you said "black" & "white" exclusively.

Here's my sometimes theory on blacks and white. I respect karma so sometimes I tend to think that at some point in time, or an alternate universe if I may, blacks ran the world and did evil to people. Now this is our time to be on the negative side of karma.
+3   

2 months ago '07        #24
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x83
Props total: 119502 119 K  Slaps total: 16563 16 K
this kinda shows you who distorted the maps

+2   

2 months ago '12        #25
Tha 23rd Buchan 
Props total: 937 937  Slaps total: 40 40
 AmillionMo said

Most of your "big" countries of the world are big in land mass because they fought to obtain more land that at one point was not considered "theirs"

This happens through a series of conquest and annexation. They come in and then they commit Ethnocide, denying the ethnic group the right to transmit its own culture

This is far from being practiced in Africa as if you look at the most populous country, Nigeria, whose people collectively belong to over 300 tribes have separate and independent histories with different cultures

Hell even grouping them into a single entity known as Nigeria was a construct by British colonizers

Last edited by Tha 23rd Buchan; 07-27-2022 at 06:34 AM..
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Google Is Blaming Microsoft👀
38 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+156online now  15
The Reality of Men's Struggles