online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Insight on new GMC vehicle purchase

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

2 years ago '06        #1
9697 page views
103 comments

TheKastOne 
Props total: 2606 2 K  Slaps total: 196 196
icon Insight on new GMC vehicle purchase

Alright my BX brethren, my wife and I just got into a new home this year and we're needing a truck more and more. Upgrades and add ons to our home have started. We have a pair of Cadillac ATS AWD and the GMC dealership has promised us 50k trade in value.

I got a promotion at work this year and the money is starting to roll in. She wants an SUV because of the kids and even though I don't really want one, I gotta get a truck to carry all the boxes and home improvement sh1t in.

I love fast cars, from modded bmws, modded 370z's and now my boosted ATS'. its time to move on and settle down from always testing my luck. (Ticket free for 9 years)

We plan on buying the following vehicles and using our 50k trade in w an extra 25k down.

Im looking for tips or advice on this venture I'm about to go on ordering GMCs. What should I look out for? Any common mistakes when ordering. These vehicles will arrive in 4-5 months. The dealer didnt even have any for us to test drive so we may look elsewhere.

Last edited by TheKastOne; 07-25-2022 at 01:16 AM..
+26   

icon
best
icon
worst
103 comments

2 years ago '04        #2
JayR04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14920 14 K  Slaps total: 686 686
I ordered a Escalade in March. It was just built last week. When ordering, they should inform you of all options that are unavailable at the current time. For example, adaptive cruise control was not available to be equipped on GM trucks a few weeks ago. The ish changes on a weekly basis. Just make sure you consider leaving out options to get it quicker or holding out to get more features.

Also, the GM website is behind. You can't order a 2022 anymore. The factory is on 2023 orders now.
+15   

2 years ago '07        #3
Ein Sof  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 57418 57 K  Slaps total: 12389 12 K
 TheKastOne said 🔗
Alright my BX brethren, my wife and I just got into a new home this year and we're needing a truck more and more. Upgrades and add ons to our home have started. We have a pair of Cadillac ATS AWD and the GMC dealership has promised us 50k trade in value.

I got a promotion at work this year and the money is starting to roll in. She wants an SUV because of the kids and even though I don't really want one, I gotta get a truck to carry all the boxes and home improvement sh1t in.

I love fast cars, from modded bmws, modded 370z's and now my boosted ATS'. its time to move on and settle down from always testing my luck. (Ticket free for 9 years)

We plan on buying the following vehicles and using our 50k trade in w an extra 25k down.

Im looking for tips or advice on this venture I'm about to go on ordering GMCs. What should I look out for? Any common mistakes when ordering. These vehicles will arrive in 4-5 months. The dealer didnt even have any for us to test drive so we may look elsewhere.

Congrats, that’s my question also. I want to order a new vehicle. What’s up with no test drives? What if I don’t like the way it drives?
+5   

2 years ago '16        #4
DMilkMan 
Props total: 1997 1 K  Slaps total: 155 155
Why not a Tundra and 4runner for that price? They depreciate a lot less over time and hold up way better
+56   

2 years ago '04        #5
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 46738 46 K  Slaps total: 7590 7 K
u have a PAIR of ats's? like his n hers?
+1   

2 years ago '12        #6
HeightsBound  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 46024 46 K  Slaps total: 4972 4 K
 JayR04 said 🔗
I ordered a Escalade in March. It was just built last week. When ordering, they should inform you of all options that are unavailable at the current time. For example, adaptive cruise control was not available to be equipped on GM trucks a few weeks ago. The ish changes on a weekly basis. Just make sure you consider leaving out options to get it quicker or holding out to get more features.

Also, the GM website is behind. You can't order a 2022 anymore. The factory is on 2023 orders now.
Man they been trying to get me to build my Escalade and I just ain’t comfortable with that, then it’s a 4-6 month wait too.

Guess I’ll be waiting until 2023 and hope the dealership start getting them inventory back up.
+1   

2 years ago '08        #7
606robin 
Props total: 30515 30 K  Slaps total: 1839 1 K
 Money & s3x said 🔗
Congrats, that’s my question also. I want to order a new vehicle. What’s up with no test drives? What if I don’t like the way it drives?
Welcome to the new world of auto buying. Check the return policy. Most are like 7 days
+4   

2 years ago '18        #8
cube886 
Props total: 2644 2 K  Slaps total: 675 675
 DMilkMan said 🔗
Why not a Tundra and 4runner for that price? They depreciate a lot less over time and hold up way better
Just got done watching Scotty Kilmer berate Cadillac and gmc and recommend a Toyota hahahahah
+11   

2 years ago '18        #9
cube886 
Props total: 2644 2 K  Slaps total: 675 675

🔗

7:10

I Don’t listen to everything he says but that recall sounds dangerous
+12   

2 years ago '06        #10
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56154 56 K  Slaps total: 14582 14 K
To me it doesn't sound like you need a truck, sounds like you would be fine with an SUV of your choosing.

People who NEED trucks, for truck purposes, don't get luxury cla$s GMCs for various reasons. Why spend that amount for a truck you will beat up. GM, whether it be GMC or Chevy, just cant make a good fu#ken truck going on 10+ years. I have many friends who are contractors with fleets of trucks and all have abandoned them because they just don't hold up. Their fleets are now Fords or Rams.

I beat my trucks up. I bring them to payload capacity, they haul to the cap, they get their use. Ram and Tundra have been making the best pick-ups for the last 6+ years. Ford would be the next tier down. The Nissan Titan will be the next tier down. Then after that I would put GM trucks in that 4th tier.

If you are going to pay a premium to order a vehicle customized to your wants, get something you absolutely want.
+30   

2 years ago '04        #11
 HeightsBound said 🔗
Man they been trying to get me to build my Escalade and I just ain’t comfortable with that, then it’s a 4-6 month wait too.

Guess I’ll be waiting until 2023 and hope the dealership start getting them inventory back up.
Yea Inventories for GM trucks are bad right now. I first started looking in 2021 and every time I would find one for sale on cars.com, I'd show up or call and it was already sold. My only option was to order and wait or pay a $10k-$30k over MRSP for one already on the lot.

2 years ago '06        #12
P01135809  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 5768 5 K  Slaps total: 1147 1 K
 TheKastOne said 🔗

Is the dealer adding any required extras or marking up the vehicles?
+2   

2 years ago '04        #13
 DMilkMan said 🔗

+4   

2 years ago '06        #14
P01135809  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 5768 5 K  Slaps total: 1147 1 K
 TheKastOne said 🔗

Two more things.. for 2024 their will be a refresh. Link below if for the GM ordering guide. Let's you see what's on constraint.

↪🔗
+5   

2 years ago '14        #15
cass1dy7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 2051 2 K  Slaps total: 766 766
Gmc technology is sh1t
+1   

2 years ago '11        #16
winning2011  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10811 10 K  Slaps total: 1127 1 K
Economy about to get super ugly. If your cars are paid off, I recommend waiting another 6 months to a year to see exactly how bad it’s going to be.
+22   

2 years ago '09        #17
sinceretx 
Props total: 423 423  Slaps total: 186 186
I have a 2018 Sierra 1500 Denali and it drives like sh1t 40% of the time.
+7   

2 years ago '12        #18
HeightsBound  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 46024 46 K  Slaps total: 4972 4 K
 JayR04 said 🔗
Yea Inventories for GM trucks are bad right now. I first started looking in 2021 and every time I would find one for sale on cars.com, I'd show up or call and it was already sold. My only option was to order and wait or pay a $10k-$30k over MRSP for one already on the lot.
Yeah the over MRSP is what I’m running into. They got a 2022 Sports for $149K…aint even the platinum, they wilding lol
+1   

2 years ago '06        #19
TheKastOne  OP
 xbossxplayax said 🔗
u have a PAIR of ats's? like his n hers?
I bought a 2017 ATS AWD (kept it stock) when I had my '16 370z in my avatar, my Z was suped up but only RWD.

I adv my chick to sell her 2 beaters and gave her my 2017. Sold my Z and bought a 2018 ATS AWD and suped it up.
+2   

2 years ago '06        #20
TheKastOne  OP
 njacura32tl said 🔗
Is the dealer adding any required extras or marking up the vehicles?
The dealer told me there is a 5k-10k markup already populating on the website.

2 years ago '06        #21
~SHYNE~  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6554 6 K  Slaps total: 1039 1 K
Last thing I would buy is real estate or new autos, definitely not the right time.

And it sure wouldnt be a domestic anything.
+6   

2 years ago '06        #22
TheKastOne  OP
 imthatinfamous said 🔗
To me it doesn't sound like you need a truck, sounds like you would be fine with an SUV of your choosing.

People who NEED trucks, for truck purposes, don't get luxury cla$s GMCs for various reasons. Why spend that amount for a truck you will beat up. GM, whether it be GMC or Chevy, just cant make a good fu#ken truck going on 10+ years. I have many friends who are contractors with fleets of trucks and all have abandoned them because they just don't hold up. Their fleets are now Fords or Rams.

I beat my trucks up. I bring them to payload capacity, they haul to the cap, they get their use. Ram and Tundra have been making the best pick-ups for the last 6+ years. Ford would be the next tier down. The Nissan Titan will be the next tier down. Then after that I would put GM trucks in that 4th tier.

If you are going to pay a premium to order a vehicle customized to your wants, get something you absolutely want.
We borrowing a truck more and more often my dude. I want my interior to be as nice as my Cadillac's was. I didn't know interiors like that existed because I had sportcentric vehicles all the time. Audi, VW, Honda, BMW and Nissans.

We bought a gazebo recently, borrowed a truck. Bought a fancy a$s grill, borrowed a truck. I got half my gym equipment, borrowed a truck....like bruh...I love my fast whip but its time. I don't need an 800hp truck but I want it to have all the tech goodies inside.
+4   

2 years ago '16        #23
MOF410 
Props total: 3165 3 K  Slaps total: 618 618
I'm a ford guy so take this w a grain of salt...but why pay more for the GMC over a Chevy? Are the finishes that much nicer?

I'm not hating, I like the ones you picked and I'm not listening to the "not right time to buy" crowd, the right time is when you need it. I just wouldn't get a Lincoln over a ford, I feel like I'm paying a premium for a different logo when the mechanicals are all the same.
+7   

2 years ago '06        #24
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56154 56 K  Slaps total: 14582 14 K
 TheKastOne said 🔗
We borrowing a truck more and more often my dude. I want my interior to be as nice as my Cadillac's was. I didn't know interiors like that existed because I had sportcentric vehicles all the time. Audi, VW, Honda, BMW and Nissans.

We bought a gazebo recently, borrowed a truck. Bought a fancy a$s grill, borrowed a truck. I got half my gym equipment, borrowed a truck....like bruh...I love my fast whip but its time. I don't need an 800hp truck but I want it to have all the tech goodies inside.
I used to have a 4Runner... and bought a grill, gym equipment (Olympic weight set, unassembled squat rack and bench specifically), moved furniture, got bags of dirt and wood chips for the yard, bought a snowblower, bought a lawn mower etc. etc...and it all fit and was tr@nsportable in that midsize SUV (not all at once of course). You would prefer a full size SUV which has even more space.

Properly analyze this period of your life. Will this be a standard for years or is it just something that is going on right now?

You don't seem to be a truck guy. Me, I love trucks, my pride and joy is my 90s GMC truck with a duramax engine that has over 800K miles on it. It was used by lumber companies in Maine to haul trees. It's a work truck, it has no luxury, runs beautifully, and can take a beating. That's what adds value to me about trucks, and why I love them.

You seem to be a man of a little more finer taste, a little more class, little more luxury...a truck doesn't seem to fit your wants and lifestyle, maybe a SUV fits that?

Don't be like my buddy Bob (real guy) who has a fully loaded Ford F350 diesel (thing is a beast) but the toughest thing that truck sees are the wife's grocery bags every Saturday morning. At one time Bob convinced himself that his life justified a truck, and Bob always goes big. Bob would really love to have a Benz GLS, Lexus LX, or even a Lincoln Navigator, and to be honest that is more his style, but he dropped $90K for a truck so that is what he has.

Last edited by imthatinfamous; 07-25-2022 at 09:38 PM..
+15   

2 years ago '18        #25
trojan13 
Props total: 1963 1 K  Slaps total: 22 22
 sinceretx said 🔗
I have a 2018 Sierra 1500 Denali and it drives like sh1t 40% of the time.
What problems are you having, just curious? I have an 18' SLT w/ Z71 package. I put KO2s on it and have hauled, mudded, ran through snow/sleet no prob. I have had some weird electrical issues but other then that it's a tank.
+3   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+347
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+525
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+423
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop