Jul 2 - FCC says TikTok a national security risk

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+46  60
109 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '17        #1
1939 page views
70 comments

quarter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 20702 20 K  Slaps total: 13820 13 K
Jul 2 - FCC says TikTok a national security risk

Do y'all agree?
+11   

best
worst
70 comments

1 month ago '15        #2
isthistobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x51
Props total: 83212 83 K  Slaps total: 9512 9 K
Donald Trump was right
+27   

1 month ago '06        #3
cleavon15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 5052 5 K  Slaps total: 928 928
They’ve been a risk. Y’all just didn’t like the messenger.
+50   

1 month ago '10        #4
Shhon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52517 52 K  Slaps total: 4662 4 K
I had the app because my family members were using it, and got warned about the risk. Blew it off because I saw active duty military, high-rank people, plus officers in active duty military on there. I uninstalled it now because it's just not needed. The algorithm really does raise a national security risk because the metadata it's harvesting is going right to CCP. Hopefully, it gets removed from the app stores.
+9   

1 month ago '06        #5
cleavon15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 5052 5 K  Slaps total: 928 928
 Shhon said
I had the app because my family members were using it, and got warned about the risk. Blew it off because I saw active duty military, high-rank people, plus officers in active duty military on there. I uninstalled it now because it's just not needed. The algorithm really does raise a national security risk because the metadata it's harvesting is going right to CCP. Hopefully, it gets removed from the app stores.
Nah bruh. No military should be on that. They’re just ignoring DOD directives.

Even recruiters who were using TikTok were getting in hot water.

+12   

1 month ago '10        #6
Shhon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52517 52 K  Slaps total: 4662 4 K
 cleavon15 said
Nah bruh. No military should be on that. They’re just ignoring DOD directives.

Even recruiters who were using TikTok were getting in hot water.

I agree
+3   

1 month ago '17        #7
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 61162 61 K  Slaps total: 9057 9 K
Someone explain to me like im 5?
What exactly could they do with tik tok data?
+13   

1 month ago '17        #8
quarter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29 OP
Props total: 20702 20 K  Slaps total: 13820 13 K
 Lite said
Exactly what I was thinking
+1   

1 month ago '04        #9
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33789 33 K  Slaps total: 1585 1 K
 Lite said
like any data gathering it can be used against certain people for blackmail purposes. so say a president is on tik tok. anytime you download an app it asks for permission to access your phone (and thus the data held within.) it gives permission to use it's camera or access to it's photo roll etc. there could be sensitive photos in that person's photo roll in terms of national security. in turn an agent can use this to pressure said person to pressure them to either give up some intelligence goods they want or have their dirty laundry whatever it may be leaked to the public. rinse, repeat. soviets used to run circles around the west and americans with this tactic during the cold war and the chinese learned it from that school of thought. when your geopolitical rival is unfu*kwithable militarily you make up for it through intelligence—it's why the KGB was far better than the CIA in the cold war. it's why chinese gray area warfare is competing with american cultural soft power. they can't compete in other arenas so this is an avenue to possibly make gains.
+25   

1 month ago '22        #10
Universal 
Props total: 339 339  Slaps total: 9 9
 quarter said
Exactly what I was thinking
@

Everytime you install apps on your phone the API request access to various components of your phone which all store information. All data has value, shopping habits, search engine results, geographical pattens can all be harnessed. Tik Tok is a Chinese company, thus operates under the authority of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and reports all data to it (the CCP). Ultimately, Tik Tok is essentially a data mining tool of the CCP.
+11   

1 month ago '17        #11
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 61162 61 K  Slaps total: 9057 9 K
 d.c. supreme said
like any data gathering it can be used against certain people for blackmail purposes. so say a president is on tik tok. anytime you download an app it asks for permission to access your phone (and thus the data held within.) it gives permission to use it's camera or access to it's photo roll etc. there could be sensitive photos in that person's photo roll in terms of national security. in turn an agent can use this to pressure said person to pressure them to either give up some intelligence goods they want or have their dirty laundry whatever it may be leaked to the public. rinse, repeat. soviets used to run circles around the west and americans with this tactic during the cold war and the chinese learned it from that school of thought. when your geopolitical rival is unfu*kwithable militarily you make up for it through intelligence—it's why the KGB was far better than the CIA in the cold war. it's why chinese gray area warfare is competing with american cultural soft power. they can't compete in other arenas so this is an avenue to possibly make gains.
+1   

1 month ago '22        #12
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6882 6 K  Slaps total: 3925 3 K
 isthistobe said
Donald Trump was right
Again, he was right about so much.

1 month ago '22        #13
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6882 6 K  Slaps total: 3925 3 K
 Lite said
We’ll if you work for an important corporation or the government they can spy into company emails and passwords
+1   

1 month ago '16        #14
YungSplash 
Props total: 1750 1 K  Slaps total: 255 255
I believe TikTok is the spawn of Satan itself. That amount of addictive content/information in teaser trailer and full cinematic detail is irresponsible and has/will cause irreparable damage to humankind through algorithmic warfare.

But I love it
+7   

1 month ago '21        #15
AdmRu 
Props total: 6041 6 K  Slaps total: 1449 1 K
Yep... In twenty years the Average American in their Prime will be intellectually retarded thanks to a 'tik tok' society.. We see the ramifications Today, imagine in the future smh

Last edited by AdmRu; 07-02-2022 at 09:59 PM..
+13   

1 month ago '21        #16
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 31624 31 K  Slaps total: 4530 4 K
 cleavon15 said
They’ve been a risk. Y’all just didn’t like the messenger.
they been a risk, its been more than one messenger

edit: and Americans are stupid
 isthistobe said
Donald Trump was right
broken clock

Last edited by nocomment; 07-02-2022 at 10:05 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '13        #17
wallace45 
Props total: 11936 11 K  Slaps total: 1701 1 K
 d.c. supreme said
They also had Russian spies that could speak perfect English... The Americans was such a great show

+3   

1 month ago '05        #18
Suavebeatz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 69151 69 K  Slaps total: 6764 6 K
I don't know but it sure is destroying the average woman, have yall talked to any bi*ches recently damn near every sentence starts wit "this girl I seen on tik tok"

That app got them hoooked
+9   

1 month ago '17        #19
Iduzdis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19228 19 K  Slaps total: 4349 4 K
Apple, Goolgle are leftist companies. The left are China friendly, compliant and even kiss their a*s.

Apple and Google not deleting that sh*t.

Last edited by Iduzdis; 07-03-2022 at 09:25 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '06        #20
DJ Endo 
Props total: 3184 3 K  Slaps total: 308 308
The amount of data TikTok collects is absolutely insane. Trump wasn't wrong about everything. Americans are so dumbed down and unwilling to give up a simple app. We are really fu*king doomed.
+7   

1 month ago '21        #21
RAD Consulting 
Props total: 2955 2 K  Slaps total: 1064 1 K
 d.c. supreme said
thank you.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #22
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 40213 40 K  Slaps total: 7374 7 K
 Iduzdis said
Apple, Goolgle are leftist companies. The left are China friendly, compliant and even kiss their a*s.

Apple and Goole not deleting that sh*t.
It's true

I still don't fully comprehend the why, but there is a strange relationship between China and the corporate left.

It's just so hard for me to accept that people would sell out their nation for a quick buck.

I want the reasoning to be deeper, but it seems that that's all it really is. Greedy bi*ches that can afford to flee if sh*t gets ugly here.

And politicians don't hold them accountable because they got their hand out too.
+5   

1 month ago '22        #23
KING7 
Props total: 1534 1 K  Slaps total: 728 728
TikTok became the biggest social media platform in the world so other social media pushed the American government to act

Just like the American government banned Huawei coz Huawei over took apple in mobile phone sales

1 month ago '17        #24
Iduzdis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19228 19 K  Slaps total: 4349 4 K
 Ghostface k*lla said
It's true

I still don't fully comprehend the why, but there is a strange relationship between China and the corporate left.

It's just so hard for me to accept that people would sell out their nation for a quick buck.

I want the reasoning to be deeper, but it seems that that's all it really is. Greedy bi*ches that can afford to flee if sh*t gets ugly here.

And politicians don't hold them accountable because they got their hand out too.
well, all their products are Made in China. If they fu*k with China, you can imagine the cost manufacturing will be clap back to fu*k up their profit.
Always follow the money.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #25
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 84448 84 K  Slaps total: 10059 10 K
Yes.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+45online now  75
IM SORRY JUWANNA MAN IS HOW OLD?!? Miguel Nunez Reveals His Age: I Am 63ԅ..
92 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+84online now  45
LeEmotional
50 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+16online now  29
Article inside JAY-Z Blames Ambition And Ego For Failed Supergroup With DMX & Ja Rule
57 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  21
Video inside 2023 Toyota Crown [King Me]
25 comments
22 hours ago
@rides
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy