Safe to say KD and Kyrie just single handedly killed the Player Empowerment Era

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+40  79
51 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section sports

2 months ago '16        #1
7422 page views
145 comments

Scully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 26923 26 K  Slaps total: 14367 14 K
Safe to say KD and Kyrie just single handedly k*lled the Player Empowerment Era

These n*ggas getting r*peD in the next CBA image

Clowns

Bron did all that work to liberate n*ggas and these two clowns just set players back to 1996 image
+203   

best
worst
145 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #2
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16963 16 K  Slaps total: 8668 8 K
+14   

2 months ago '05        #3
Andrefrbk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x41
Props total: 48177 48 K  Slaps total: 10144 10 K
union is royally fu*ked next bargaining agreement.
+80   

2 months ago '04        #4
Kadroan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 52357 52 K  Slaps total: 6256 6 K
 Scully said
These n*ggas getting r*peD in the next CBA

Clowns

Bron did all that work to liberate n*ggas and these two clowns just set players back to 1996
It's been heading that way. The supermax was supposed to keep players in small markets but you got guys like AD turning it down and you got guys like Wall on supermaxes and get to sit out a year because the contract's untradeable
+83   

2 months ago '04        #5
cledee23 
Props total: 7089 7 K  Slaps total: 920 920
Lebron has done plenty of damage himself, but KD, Kyrie, Harden have made a mockery of it. The whole signing the max and then 3 months later requesting a trade is something that needs to be discussed. The system just needs to be changed to the fifa transfer system. You can trade for whoever you want, whenever, as long as the other team is willing to spend up to 350 million on a transfer fee. That will quickly eliminate team's that are willing or even able to afford such a move.
+114   

2 months ago '06        #6
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 45867 45 K  Slaps total: 5989 5 K
 cledee23 said
Lebron has done plenty of damage himself, but KD, Kyrie, Harden have made a mockery of it. The whole signing the max and then 3 months later requesting a trade is something that needs to be discussed. The system just needs to be changed to the fifa transfer system. You can trade for whoever you want, whenever, as long as the other team is willing to spend up to 350 million on a transfer fee. That will quickly eliminate team's that are willing or even able to afford such a move.
I think a deal where the players contract gets deflated if they demand a trade or any of that helps.

Problem is I can see teams abusing that by leaking fake a*s news

Another problem I see is players purposely tanking until they're traded.

I'm all for player empowerment but man they make it difficult to watch when I just see players trying to team up to the same teams.
+26   

2 months ago '20        #7
HTownRealtor  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 7912 7 K  Slaps total: 800 800
CBA sit out will be maybe a season long…to opt in and then request trade 2 days later? Sign a deal and then request trade? Some teams are enjoying it like the suns, nuggets and bucks with their players but after John wall sat down for almost 2 years…idk…player empowerment might be dead…league will crack down on some of the bullsh*t players are doing.
+17   

2 months ago '09        #8
TriniSoldier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 115044 115 K  Slaps total: 25972 25 K
What did KD do exactly?
+20   

2 months ago '09        #9
ahmadou1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 92178 92 K  Slaps total: 6305 6 K
 bigkilla said
I think a deal where the players contract gets deflated if they demand a trade or any of that helps.

Problem is I can see teams abusing that by leaking fake a*s news

Another problem I see is players purposely tanking until they're traded.

I'm all for player empowerment but man they make it difficult to watch when I just see players trying to team up to the same teams.
Yea.. something like an opposite trade kicker, instead of getting a bonus if you get traded, if you demand a trade you pay a certain % per year left on contract... so maybe like 10% or something for a year, 20% for 2, etc.
+5   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #10
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 26705 26 K  Slaps total: 6334 6 K
Y'all have terrible memories. Ben Simmons.. Kawhi... Paul George.. Bron.
+40   

2 months ago '06        #11
 ahmadou1 said
Yea.. something like an opposite trade kicker, instead of getting a bonus if you get traded, if you demand a trade you pay a certain % per year left on contract... so maybe like 10% or something for a year, 20% for 2, etc.
Yea it sounds good but you know these scumbag owners and GM's would be spreading and leaking fake news to clip a players contract.

On the flip side a player would probably just drag their feet until their traded.

It's a messy situation that needs to get sorted out. I'm all for players getting paid but sh*t is corny they're getting these insane deals just to demand to be dealt to the same 4-5 teams.

I'm trying to see more teams like the Warriors building their core through the draft and winning and even the Bucks where they drafted a player and helped build him to arguably the best in the league.
+11   

2 months ago '06        #12
 TriniSoldier said
What did KD do exactly?
Signed his extension and requesting a trade after realistically the Nets have done everything they possibly could to bring him the players he wants.

Like I've mentioned I'm a KD fan but that was a corny a*s move.
+41   

2 months ago '09        #13
ahmadou1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 92178 92 K  Slaps total: 6305 6 K
 bigkilla said
Yea it sounds good but you know these scumbag owners and GM's would be spreading and leaking fake news to clip a players contract.

On the flip side a player would probably just drag their feet until their traded.

It's a messy situation that needs to get sorted out. I'm all for players getting paid but sh*t is corny they're getting these insane deals just to demand to be dealt to the same 4-5 teams.

I'm trying to see more teams like the Warriors building their core through the draft and winning and even the Bucks where they drafted a player and helped build him to arguably the best in the league.
Yea, I guess the league would just have to investigate everything.

I'm with you.. i love player mobility, but only when you've fulfilled your contract, like bron or kd prior to this situation.
To sign a contract and then a year in wanna change teams, that's corny to me... Especially when your current team has bent over backwards to do everything you asked them to do
+11   

2 months ago '14        #14
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 119319 119 K  Slaps total: 41629 41 K
Nets got fu*ked so hard, since day 1. That duo made the Nets give Deandre Jordan, the worst center in the league, 40 million dollars, because he the "homie"

+69   

2 months ago '16        #15
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 118387 118 K  Slaps total: 15458 15 K
Y’all n*ggas watch way too much NFL & think it’s the same sport as the NBA.

Who are these owners who are going to be advocating less “freedom” for players? And why would any of these players choose to play for these owners? Donald Sterling is proof that players will avoid a d*ckhead, cheap, authoritarian owner like the plague had that man running a minor league team in the 2nd biggest market in the NBA. The Suns were in the abyss for a decade before Robert Sarver, one of the cheapest owners in the NBA, started cutting them checks.

The vast majority of owners are going to still push for increased player empowerment & show how progressive they are because it makes players want to play there. If 20 owners pushed against an increase to player empowerment, those 10 who “stand with the players” are going to get all the good players in the end. It’s that simple. Everybody is making money. The league is in such a good spot financially they’re capable of expanding to 32 teams.

Again, this isn’t the NFL. There is a lot of conservative values among owners & fanbases & there are way too many comparisons to plantation slavery that have been made for decades.
+24   

2 months ago '06        #16
 ahmadou1 said
Yea, I guess the league would just have to investigate everything.

I'm with you.. i love player mobility, but only when you've fulfilled your contract, like bron or kd prior to this situation.
To sign a contract and then a year in wanna change teams, that's corny to me... Especially when your current team has bent over backwards to do everything you asked them to do
Exactly. I understand some teams don't do sh*t but situations like this where the Nets brought in everything they could to make Durant happy it's just a terrible look. Especially after getting swept in the playoffs.
+6   

2 months ago '07        #17
sleep23rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17452 17 K  Slaps total: 7574 7 K
Y’all be searching for the most negative narratives and make threads on them…
Who be sending y’all? Stephen A smith?

Y’all on the free payroll
+11   

2 months ago '14        #18
Doc Goblin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x64
Props total: 209569 209 K  Slaps total: 50953 50 K
SB .570 #26 (0)

…They didn’t help.

Ben Simmons is what makes this a serious CBA issue.
+31   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '21        #19
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33659 33 K  Slaps total: 8365 8 K
Nothing wrong with player empowerment.

It's the sh*tty, garbage front offices that have sucked for decades that are the problem.

What did the Nets ever win? They should be glad they were even in the headlines for as long as they were. Made them money they weren't gonna make otherwise.

And if these owners would get rid of the salary cap, you'd get rid of guys signing supermaxes only to request the trade immediately afterwards.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #20
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16963 16 K  Slaps total: 8668 8 K
ESPN trying hype up KD to New Orleans

Anything for thier golden boy Zion

Last edited by BreakkerSzn; 07-01-2022 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: Old
+11   

2 months ago '12        #21
BIGMARS 
Props total: 15292 15 K  Slaps total: 2061 2 K
Facts.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '21        #22
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33659 33 K  Slaps total: 8365 8 K
 bigkilla said
Exactly. I understand some teams don't do sh*t but situations like this where the Nets brought in everything they could to make Durant happy it's just a terrible look. Especially after getting swept in the playoffs.
As much sh*t as the average fan probably talks to them on the internet, why the fu*k would they care about random opinions instead of getting what they want?

Especially Durant since he'll engage in a back and forth.

He don't give a fu*k about the NBA faithful. Y'all gonna watch regardless and his checks will be fat as hell regardless.
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '18        #23
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 74518 74 K  Slaps total: 4884 4 K
 MHP Trotty said
Y’all n*ggas watch way too much NFL & think it’s the same sport as the NBA.

Who are these owners who are going to be advocating less “freedom” for players? And why would any of these players choose to play for these owners? Donald Sterling is proof that players will avoid a d*ckhead, cheap, authoritarian owner like the plague had that man running a minor league team in the 2nd biggest market in the NBA. The Suns were in the abyss for a decade before Robert Sarver, one of the cheapest owners in the NBA, started cutting them checks.

The vast majority of owners are going to still push for increased player empowerment & show how progressive they are because it makes players want to play there. If 20 owners pushed against an increase to player empowerment, those 10 who “stand with the players” are going to get all the good players in the end. It’s that simple. Everybody is making money. The league is in such a good spot financially they’re capable of expanding to 32 teams.

Again, this isn’t the NFL. There is a lot of conservative values among owners & fanbases & there are way too many comparisons to plantation slavery that have been made for decades.
Seems like wishful thinking. n*ggas in here mad that players got the power to say what they will accept and leave if conditions change.

Blamed wall for not playing instead of the team for not playing him lol teams been doing this to players this whole time, not honoring contacts. They hurt wall's value by not letting him play. Dan toni did the same to Marbury.

I think that reverse trade kicker is a good idea though. It's fair. That's what I'm on. What's fair. Fans pay to see the team play, whether bron is hurt or doesn't want to play to rest for a bigger game or some other strategic reason that's fair too. Fans are wild entitled
+5   

2 months ago '19        #24
Excalibur 
Props total: 6931 6 K  Slaps total: 527 527
 Scully said
These n*ggas getting r*peD in the next CBA

Clowns

Bron did all that work to liberate n*ggas and these two clowns just set players back to 1996
Trust n*ggas to ruin a good thing

2 months ago '05        #25
Quddus 
Props total: 14276 14 K  Slaps total: 2997 2 K
Lebron always plays out his contracts.
+18   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+55online now  22
Image(s) inside Atlanta Rapper Arrested For Threats Against Charleston White
331 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-64online now  15
Video inside 15 Signs of a Low Value Man
126 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+281online now  15
Image(s) inside Aug 15 - Haitian teen finds a baby in the garbage in Haiti & decides t..
105 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+77online now  7
Image(s) inside Clermont Twins... What has happened to our Women?
143 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy