Freddie Freeman’s Agent Never Relayed Braves Offer

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+40  81
51 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '07        #1
3846 page views
95 comments

strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 49901 49 K  Slaps total: 10474 10 K
Freddie Freeman’s Agent Never Relayed Braves Offer

;t=t2SGtVqTywJZ19afRdDzBA

Casey Close never told Freddie Freeman about the Braves final offer" - Fresh details emerge about Freddie Freeman firing his agent after returning from his weekend series against Braves

Peter J. Wilson
ANALYST
Modified Jun 30, 2022 04:08 AM IST
Freddie Freeman fired his former agent, Casey Close, yesterday. Freeman told friends he was motivated to make the decision out of anger for how Close handled his off-season negotiations with the Atlanta Braves.

Close represented Freeman on behalf of the company Excel Sports Management, with which Freeman has now cut all ties.

Freeman played 12 seasons with the Braves prior to signing with the Los Angeles Dodgers in March. MLB analysts speculated that Braves General Manager Alex Anthopoulos refused to offer Freeman a competitive extension. Freeman signed a six-year, $162 million deal with the Dodgers.

Freeman returned to Atlanta for the first time this season to face the Braves over the weekend.

“Last weekend in Atlanta was a very emotional time for me and my family,” Freeman said on Tuesday. “I am working through some issues with my longtime agents at Excel. My representation remains a fluid situation and I will update if needed.”
Details have now emerged giving context to Freeman's conflict with Casey Close. According to analyst Doug Gottlieb, Close never told Freeman about the Braves' final offer this off-season. Once Freeman became aware of this, he fired Close.

Doug Gottlieb
Doug Gottlieb
@GottliebShow
Casey Close never told Freddie Freeman about the Braves final offer, that is why Freeman fired him. He found out in Atlanta this weekend. It isn’t that rare to have happen in MLB, but it happened - Close knew Freddie would have taken the ATL deal

"Casey Close never told Freddie Freeman about the Braves final offer, that is why Freeman fired him. He found out in Atlanta this weekend. It isn’t that rare to have happen in MLB, but it happened - Close knew Freddie would have taken the ATL deal" - Doug Gottlieb
Gottlieb mentioned that this is not an unusual thing to happen between MLB players and their agents. However, in a situation as touchy as Freeman's relationship with the Braves, Close's decision was unquestionably imprudent.

Freddie Freeman fired his agent Casey Close after he withheld details regarding the Braves' final offer this off-season
Freeman's tenure with the Los Angeles Dodgers has been one of distinction. He's batting .306 this season.
Freeman's tenure with the Los Angeles Dodgers has been one of distinction. He's batting .306 this season.
It became all too clear last weekend that Freeman's emotional connection to the Atlanta Braves was still very much alive. The first baseman broke down in tears during multiple press conferences while recounting his time with the organization.

visit this link https://www.sportskeeda.c .. -series-braves
+12   

best
worst
95 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 52984 52 K  Slaps total: 9392 9 K
cole blooded
+17   

2 months ago '04        #3
SpunkyXL23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 23422 23 K  Slaps total: 5180 5 K

+66   

2 months ago '20        #4
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44683 44 K  Slaps total: 7150 7 K
Dodgers should do the right thing and release him...

[spoiler - click to view]

2 months ago '07        #5
Bkjj11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x138
Props total: 200531 200 K  Slaps total: 33728 33 K
He'll be iight.
+17   

2 months ago '04        #6
lilsnatch770|M 
Props total: 4185 4 K  Slaps total: 817 817
Probably why he is so bothered by the Braves re-union last weekend. He thought he would spend his whole career with the Braves and ended up like Will Smith and his dad
+26   

2 months ago '09        #7
dadon85 
Props total: 58785 58 K  Slaps total: 5692 5 K
See I knew it was a reason. LA tax braves deal was more
+9   

2 months ago '04        #8
dogmanx23 
Props total: 4549 4 K  Slaps total: 550 550
Freeman for Ozuna. Get it done AA,

Olsen and Freeman can alternate DH/1B
+5   

2 months ago '16        #9
BxCastro 
Props total: 34501 34 K  Slaps total: 4246 4 K
Ive never seen no sh*t like this. Im sure he wouldve took the deal because it was close to what the dodgers offered. sh*t wouldve set off the olson deal to the yankees and we wouldn't of had Gleyber or Rizzo and possibly this great start. Who knows but the domino affect of this is nuts when you think about it
+23   

2 months ago '10        #10
USC 
Props total: 30777 30 K  Slaps total: 3314 3 K
“ Nah Braves not interested fam “

“ Check out this offer from the Dodgers though”

Zero communication from organization to player
+53   

2 months ago '12        #11
ezduzit 
Props total: 65358 65 K  Slaps total: 6269 6 K
Some ari gold sh*t
+17   

2 months ago '09        #12
dadon85 
Props total: 58785 58 K  Slaps total: 5692 5 K
 dadon85 said
See I knew it was a reason. LA tax braves deal was more
@

His agent did him dirty. He wanted to stay in atl but felt lowballed.

His atl deal would've been the same or more with the LA tax
+8   

2 months ago '18        #13
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 91690 91 K  Slaps total: 19826 19 K
 BxCastro said
Ive never seen no sh*t like this. Im sure he wouldve took the deal because it was close to what the dodgers offered. sh*t wouldve set off the olson deal to the yankees and we wouldn't of had Gleyber or Rizzo and possibly this great start. Who knows but the domino affect of this is nuts when you think about it
Wow!!! This some crazy a*s sh*t.

Man this seems like something missing here. So Freedie Freeman ain't speak with the Braves at all? Just his agent? With a deal this important?

That sh*t hard for me to believe
+10   

2 months ago '21        #14
War Stories  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x84
Props total: 46362 46 K  Slaps total: 39600 39 K
Everybody swears they know baseball gossiping fsggot s
+1   

2 months ago '08        #15
jay2doza 
Props total: 710 710  Slaps total: 136 136
As a player, you have to be involved more with the process. There’s no way that should happen. He can blame his agent all he wants, be he dropped the ball. Same thing with Noel passing up 70 million because Paul told him not to sign.
+18   

2 months ago '04        #16
We_Ready 
Props total: 292 292  Slaps total: 10 10
 USC said

There was a lockout going on. Players and organization weren't allowed to communicate
+26   

2 months ago '19        #17
shawnsprings818 
Props total: 417 417  Slaps total: 48 48
Agent about to lose his license and all his clients because of this. As a player agent, client representation is built upon trust and the agent broke that by withholding that information for his own financial benefit. Malpractice at it's finest

Change of subject, but if you're into sports betting, check out my guy...
@Lowkeyrothstein on instagram

He's legit! I've posted about him before in the past. Honest and fully transparent
+4   

2 months ago '07        #18
[MK] 
Props total: 3115 3 K  Slaps total: 284 284
He could sue his former agent for not being a fiduciary.

That's messed up, freeman seems like a good dude too
+10   

2 months ago '04        #19
atruedsgb 
Props total: 4874 4 K  Slaps total: 138 138
 jay2doza said
As a player, you have to be involved more with the process. There’s no way that should happen. He can blame his agent all he wants, be he dropped the ball. Same thing with Noel passing up 70 million because Paul told him not to sign.
One agent presents a contract offer and advises his client not to take the deal, a*suming that a better deal is coming at some point.

Another agent does not present a contract offer at all.

How are these two things similar...
+16   

2 months ago '15        #20
broward 
Props total: 5033 5 K  Slaps total: 129 129
 USC said
“ Nah Braves not interested fam “

“ Check out this offer from the Dodgers though”

I never understood why a player wouldn't sit in on the meetings between the agent and the organization

2 months ago '04        #21
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 33265 33 K  Slaps total: 4673 4 K
Wonder if he can sue considering the amount of taxes are taken out in Cali and the complete lie about the braves offer
+10   

2 months ago '04        #22
youngsiz 
Props total: 7981 7 K  Slaps total: 1293 1 K
My problem again is that he was offered 50 million less by the braves I hear the “he wanted to be there talk” but know you worth so what you didn’t hear the final offer was anything close to what the dodgers offered? If not his agent did his job and got him the best money possible

2 months ago '04        #23
youngsiz 
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said
Wonder if he can sue considering the amount of taxes are taken out in Cali and the complete lie about the braves offer
No in court he would lose the dodgers offered 50 million more than the braves what agent in his right mind would let his client walk away from that? That would be his last negotiaton

2 months ago '04        #24
youngsiz 
 BxCastro said
50 mil ain’t close bro

2 months ago '20        #25
SuperSlimey215 
Props total: 14336 14 K  Slaps total: 2860 2 K
He should be able to sue or something right?
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+55online now  22
Image(s) inside Atlanta Rapper Arrested For Threats Against Charleston White
331 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-64online now  15
Video inside 15 Signs of a Low Value Man
126 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+281online now  15
Image(s) inside Aug 15 - Haitian teen finds a baby in the garbage in Haiti & decides t..
105 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+77online now  7
Image(s) inside Clermont Twins... What has happened to our Women?
143 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy