Jun 29 - LA County’s COVID hospitalizations climb back over 800

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+40  65
51 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '06        #1
748 page views
27 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x84
Props total: 71401 71 K  Slaps total: 10026 10 K
Jun 29 - LA County’s COVID hospitalizations climb back over 800

On Tuesday, county health officials reported 3,671 new COVID-19 cases, giving the county a cumulative total from throughout the pandemic of 3,105,867. Another nine virus-related deaths were also reported, raising the county's overall death toll to 32,316.

The number of COVID-positive patients in Los Angeles County hospitals has surpassed 800, after falling as low as 209 in April, according to the latest state figures out on Tuesday, June 28.

The state hadn’t updated its hospitalization totals since Saturday, when there were 762 COVID-positive patients in county hospitals, with 76 of them being treated in intensive care. The latest numbers showed 807 COVID-positive patients, with 68 in an ICU.

Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer recently reported that about 60% of COVID-positive patients were actually admitted for other reasons before testing positive for the virus. But she noted that regardless of their reason for admission, being COVID-positive means patients require increased infection-control measures at hospitals.

On Tuesday, county health officials reported 3,671 new COVID-19 cases, giving the county a cumulative total from throughout the pandemic of 3,105,867. Another nine virus-related deaths were also reported, raising the county’s overall death toll to 32,316.

County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer told the Board of Supervisors Tuesday that while hospitals over the past week averaged 720 COVID patients per day, a 16% increase from the previous week, the rate of new admissions has actually gone down.

According to Ferrer, the county is currently averaging 6.6 new daily COVID admissions per 100,000 residents, down from 7.3 per 100,000 a week ago. It was the first decline in that rate in the past few weeks.

The rate is being closely watched, because if the county reaches 10 new daily admissions per 100,000 residents, it will move to the “high” virus activity category as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If the county stays in the “high” category for two consecutive weeks, it will reimpose a mandatory indoor mask-wearing mandate.

Health officials had initially estimated that the county might reach the “high” category by the end of June, but with the pace of new admissions slowing, the estimate was pushed back last week to mid-July. On Tuesday, Ferrer said if the current pace holds, the county won’t reach the “high” category until the end of July.

The average daily rate of people testing positive for the virus was 12.2% as of Tuesday, up from 10.9% on Monday.

In a statement Tuesday afternoon, Ferrer urged residents to exercise caution against virus spread over the Fourth of July holiday weekend, mainly by getting vaccinated.

“Residents can also reduce the chance of getting or spreading COVID-19 by wearing a mask and doing an at-home test before indoor gatherings and events,” she said. “If someone does test positive or feel sick, they should stay away from others to prevent infecting others. As we celebrate this weekend, let’s make an effort to take actions that protect our friends, family members, and co-workers who may be at elevated risk.”

visit this link https://www.dailynews.com .. back-over-800/

best
worst
27 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41288 41 K  Slaps total: 5620 5 K
Magats: The Pandemic is over thank goodness

COVID:
+7   

2 months ago '07        #3
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x82
Props total: 117677 117 K  Slaps total: 16319 16 K
no one's been paying attention, but almost all of June has equal or more deaths than last year plus 5-6X the cases

that's how viruses learn

In the less than six months since BA.4 and BA.5 were first detected in South Africa, the two subvariants appeared in the United States to be overtaking two earlier Omicron subvariants, including BA.2, which was the prevailing version for a time earlier this spring.
BA.4 and BA.5 exhibit the qualities of escape artists, able to elude some of the antibodies produced after coronavirus vaccinations and infections, including infections caused by some earlier versions of Omicron.

2 months ago '18        #4
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 86554 86 K  Slaps total: 8831 8 K
This strain is about to to spread. Everyone I know has gotten covid in the last two weeks.

2 months ago '17        #5
CamburyBXGreat 
Props total: 42233 42 K  Slaps total: 23903 23 K
So basically the two June's after the shot is introduced had more deaths than the one there was no shot.
+6   

2 months ago '13        #6
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 157294 157 K  Slaps total: 62670 62 K
The flu is now renamed COVID, yall don't know yet????

2 months ago '04        #7
ddash 
Props total: 83331 83 K  Slaps total: 6244 6 K
 DUCEDUCE said
This strain is about to to spread. Everyone I know has gotten covid in the last two weeks.
This
My moms just got it for 1st time
I just got I think too.

its feel light tho

2 months ago '18        #8
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 86554 86 K  Slaps total: 8831 8 K
 ddash said
This
My moms just got it for 1st time
I just got I think too.

its feel light tho
Be safe bro my boy said it hit him like a ton of bricks and then boom it’s gone
+1   

2 months ago '04        #9
ddash 
Props total: 83331 83 K  Slaps total: 6244 6 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Be safe bro my boy said it hit him like a ton of bricks and then boom it’s gone
I think im on 3rd time lol.The 1st time felt more like allergies and acid reflux.
2nd time hit me like a ton of bricks.Was down bad for like 10 days and had memory issues for 1 year.This time if I got it, is light a*s headache no fever.I did just eat banana pudding and allergic to it too lol.So idk.

With covid ,I knew it was covid cause my d*ck didnt work at all.It was outta there for 12 days.so I think this is either weak a*s strain or just my allergies going wild.

2 months ago '11        #10
Pakchoy 
Props total: 77759 77 K  Slaps total: 1242 1 K
Subscription season for shots will be lit.

2 months ago '19        #11
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 60830 60 K  Slaps total: 9772 9 K
 Pakchoy said
Subscription season for shots will be lit.

2 months ago '11        #12
Broseph Stalin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 59233 59 K  Slaps total: 5547 5 K
if a pandemic that regularly puts people in the hospital wasn’t enough for universal health care then that sh*t is never happening
+1   

2 months ago '17        #13
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x199
Props total: 124290 124 K  Slaps total: 28608 28 K
Y’all n*ggas don’t know sh*t lol Boxden the last place I’ll get my health information from.
n*ggas above me just be posting just to be posting.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #14
bibbyboi 
Props total: 19296 19 K  Slaps total: 2770 2 K
 yola said
no one's been paying attention, but almost all of June has equal or more deaths than last year plus 5-6X the cases

that's how viruses learn

There's no way this is true. Jan 21 we were averaging in the thousands of deaths on the 7 day average and we're only averaging 200 this month. Or do you mean just of June of last year?

CamburyBXGreat said
So basically the two June's after the shot is introduced had more deaths than the one there was no shot.
Also the two Junes after basically all restrictions were lifted.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #15
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 35521 35 K  Slaps total: 10659 10 K
 CamburyBXGreat said
Why you think that is?

2 months ago '17        #16
CamburyBXGreat 
 bibbyboi said
There's no way this is true. Jan 21 we were averaging in the thousands of deaths on the 7 day average and we're only averaging 200 this month. Or do you mean just of June of last year?

Also the two Junes after basically all restrictions were lifted.
You forget that during that June there were massive protests across the US???

When the numbers didnt rise in fact they dropped the excuse for June 2020 was well it's the heat. No matter how you slice it does not make sense.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #17
CamburyBXGreat 
 AmillionMo said
Why you think that is?
I want everyone to make their own conclusions.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #18
bibbyboi 
Props total: 19296 19 K  Slaps total: 2770 2 K
 CamburyBXGreat said
You forget that during that June there were massive protests across the US???

When the numbers didnt rise in fact they dropped the excuse for June 2020 was well it's the heat. No matter how you slice it does not make sense.
It makes perfect sense. As big as the riots/protests were, it was nothing compared to the amount of people being out and about after all the restrictions were lifted.

I don't even want to argue this. I don't think covid is a big deal anymore. I was all for the mandates and pushing the vaccinations, but we're 3 years into this. At this point we just have to live with it and try to get back to as close to normal as we can.
+1   

2 months ago '10        #19
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 117631 117 K  Slaps total: 24294 24 K
Why they didn’t put how many of those people were unvaccinated like they did in 2021

The vaccine don’t be vaccining
+4   

2 months ago '05        #20
okayplayer 
Props total: 494 494  Slaps total: 114 114
Australia stats frightening 400,000 cases overall till the start of 2022. 6 months in to the month of june we hadve 8,000,000 cases.
90+ vaxxed and winter just gettong started.

Side note i escaped victoria australia first flight out when we were allowed to leave april 18th. Living the life in mexico!!!

Also Oz baffled why so many cases amd people dying each day
+3   

2 months ago '05        #21
okayplayer 
Props total: 494 494  Slaps total: 114 114
I have not been on boxden for a minute but are we all in agreement now that vaccine is bad.
Unable to obtain matiral immunity if jabbed. Cannot pass virus and it replicated in host.
Omnicron has now proven to escape and little fragment of protection the jab gave.
I can go on and on all data is out there.
+6   

2 months ago '04        #22
JayR04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13906 13 K  Slaps total: 665 665
I got COVID right now
+1   

2 months ago '07        #23
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x82
Props total: 117677 117 K  Slaps total: 16319 16 K
 bibbyboi said
comparing June last year to June this year
+1   

2 months ago '05        #24
Krazie 
Props total: 52563 52 K  Slaps total: 8626 8 K
 THEDONN said
The flu is now renamed COVID, yall don't know yet????

Ah yes, the yearly summer uptick in the flu that is so common

2 months ago '13        #25
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 157294 157 K  Slaps total: 62670 62 K
 Krazie said
Ah yes, the yearly summer uptick in the flu that is so common
Look at this fu*kin dumbass

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+55online now  24
Image(s) inside Atlanta Rapper Arrested For Threats Against Charleston White
330 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+279online now  14
Image(s) inside Aug 15 - Haitian teen finds a baby in the garbage in Haiti & decides t..
104 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-64online now  13
Video inside 15 Signs of a Low Value Man
126 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+77online now  6
Image(s) inside Clermont Twins... What has happened to our Women?
143 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy