Jun 29 - Texas AG Says He’s ‘Willing and Able’ to Defend a Ban on ‘S0domy’

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '17        #1
1739 page views
61 comments

Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 85918 85 K  Slaps total: 7228 7 K
Jun 29 - Texas AG Says He’s ‘Willing and Able’ to Defend a Ban on ‘S0domy’

-In 2003, Lawrence v. Texas made it illegal for states to ban gay s*xual activity. But the Supreme Court has opened the door to reinstating those bans.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said he’s willing to defend Texas’ law banning “sodomy” which was overturned by the landmark Lawrence v. Texas case if the Supreme Court rules that the states should be able to regulate issues such as s*x, birth control, and same-s*x marriage.

After the Supreme Court’s ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health overturned the landmark Roe decision, ending the national right to an abortion, Paxton ordered his office closed for a holiday “as a memorial to the millions of lives lost due to abortion.” Paxton is also a virulently anti-gay politician who provided the legal underpinning for Gov. Greg Abbott’s executive order to investigate parents of transgender children for child abuse, and taken the city of Houston to court over benefits for same-s*x couples.

In an appearance on NewsNation Saturday, Paxton was asked if he would “feel comfortable defending a law that once again outlawed sodomy,” as well as gay marriage and birth control.

“Yeah I mean, there’s all kinds of issues here, but certainly, the Supreme Court has stepped into issues that I don’t think there was any constitutional issues dealing with, they were legislative issues,” Paxton told NewsNation. “[Abortion] was one of those issues, and there may be more.”

Asked specifically about Lawrence v. Texas, a 2003 Supreme Court ruling that overturned a state anti-sodomy law and made all such laws invalid nationwide, Paxton said: “My job is to defend state law and I’ll continue to do that. That is my job under the Constitution and I'm certainly willing and able to do that.”

This isn’t exactly a hypothetical. In a solo concurrence to the Dobbs decision, a*sociate Justice Clarence Thomas—perhaps the most far-right member of the Court—said the Court should revisit other decisions that, like Roe, had their legal basis in the 14th Amendment and substantive due process.

“In future we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,” Thomas wrote. Griswold v. Connecticut is a 1965 case that enshrined the right of married couples to buy and use contraception.

“Because any substantive due process decision is ‘demonstrably erroneous.’ we have a duty to ‘correct the error’ established in those precedents,” Thomas added, quoting himself.

Texas, which previously enacted the nation’s most restrictive abortion law by banning abortion after six weeks, had banned abortion before Roe, and never took that law off the books. The Dobbs decision allowed that law to once again go into effect–but on Tuesday, a judge in Harris County issued a temporary restraining order barring the state from enforcing it.

“Today a Harris County judge froze pre-Roe laws criminalizing abortion in TX. But w/ SCOTUS’s Dobbs decision, these laws are 100% in effect & constitutional,” Paxton said in a tweet Tuesday. “The judge’s decision is wrong. I’m immediately appealing. I’ll ensure we have all the legal tools to keep TX pro-life!”

;s=19

Rochelle Garza, the Democratic nominee running against Paxton in the fall and a former ACLU staff attorney, responded to Paxton’s comments by tweeting that “they won’t stop till they roll back all of our civil rights.”

“We MUST kick Ken Paxton out of office this Nov.,” Garza wrote. “When I’m Attorney General, Texans will have a Civil Rights Division to protect ALL of our rights.”

;s=19

visit this link https://www.vice.com/en/a .. rce=reddit.com

Paxton got felonies by the way
+10   

best
worst
61 comments

1 month ago '08        #2
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 58214 58 K  Slaps total: 3198 3 K
Texas fu*king lost
+13   

1 month ago '17        #3
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 40482 40 K  Slaps total: 5528 5 K
After Paxton stuck his d*ck in other people’s a*s, he wants to make it illegal

Last edited by Lazy; 06-29-2022 at 01:12 PM..
+23   

1 month ago '22        #4
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6665 6 K  Slaps total: 3789 3 K
People like to twist sh*t to push propaganda but if this is true

I don't like the homos as much as the next man but let them sickos do what they please, they are grown. Republicans are morons yo, you get moment and go full retard.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '22        #5
God Bless 
Props total: 3624 3 K  Slaps total: 3214 3 K
I support the idea but Texas taking sh*t way too far

Need to pass something to keep gay sh*t out of kids entertainment
+8   

1 month ago '22        #6
NY FITTED 
Props total: 4650 4 K  Slaps total: 490 490
The economy is fu*ked and these people wasting resources and time on pointless sh*t. How do u even enforce a sodomy law?
+43   

1 month ago '16        #7
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 103492 103 K  Slaps total: 15002 15 K
When the Supreme Court ruled that we have no intrinsic right to privacy this was one of the obvious results. Government has no business regulating what consenting adults freely do with each other s*xually but when you're a grievance party and not a principled party you just look for your next target and how to hurt them

These anti-privacy rulings are going to hurt all of us eventually. Maybe Roe being overturned doesn't impact you and maybe this doesn't impact you but they're not done. They're coming after birth control next.
+21   

1 month ago '08        #8
MrFourteen5 
Props total: 27208 27 K  Slaps total: 1249 1 K

+4   

1 month ago '11        #9
T-800  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24320 24 K  Slaps total: 1570 1 K
Its kinda comical that they fought the taliban and hate/make disparaging comments about socially conservative Islamist political movements like the muslim brotherhood but meanwhile they have the same policies...that's why they call them "talibaptists"

They hypocrisy is really not funny though, it's pure racism. Force democracy and liberal values on socially conservative brown countries

...while subverting democracy and enforcing socially conservative Christian policies at home???

America needs to stop lying. It is about white christian supremacy, point blank, period, the end.

It becomes more and more blatant with every Freudian slip

Allah's punishment is fierce and severe

Last edited by T-800; 06-29-2022 at 01:17 PM..
+21   

1 month ago '06        #10
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 116378 116 K  Slaps total: 24755 24 K
 Boogersugar said
When the Supreme Court ruled that we have no intrinsic right to privacy this was one of the obvious results. Government has no business regulating what consenting adults freely do with each other s*xually but when you're a grievance party and not a principled party you just look for your next target and how to hurt them

These anti-privacy rulings are going to hurt all of us eventually. Maybe Roe being overturned doesn't impact you and maybe this doesn't impact you but they're not done. They're coming after birth control next.
Yup, Alito thought he covered his a*s politically when he wrote "oh but no this ruling has nothing to do with all that sh*t Thomas is writing about, this ONLY effects the right to abortion."

Meanwhile, the ACTUAL legal reasoning invalidated the entire foundation of all those things Thomas mentioned. Alito knew exactly what he was doing, he just didn't want the court to take the hit.

The fact is, Dobbs overturned the entire "penumbra of rights" that was found in Roe which is what all of those things were based on. So at this point the entire legal reasoning behind all of those decisions has zero foundation and can be destroyed as soon as the court wants to do so.
+6   

1 month ago '04        #11
7twelve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52262 52 K  Slaps total: 10888 10 K
if church and state is separate then i dont see why politics should worry about gays gaying.

im curious, if 2 gays go to saudi arabia or dubai on vacation and start kissing on the beach...do the police lock the gays up?
+4   

1 month ago '22        #12
Tempus man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3144 3 K  Slaps total: 822 822
We’re basically in a recession and World war 3 is about to kick off but this is the discussion
+3   

1 month ago '10        #13
GBREEZE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27834 27 K  Slaps total: 3101 3 K
Weird hill to die on.....
+3   

1 month ago '09        #14
Coke Wave 
Props total: 289 289  Slaps total: 266 266

1 month ago '22        #15
Pushin P  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2484 2 K  Slaps total: 1374 1 K
 Skateboard T said
Yup, Alito thought he covered his a*s politically when he wrote "oh but no this ruling has nothing to do with all that sh*t Thomas is writing about, this ONLY effects the right to abortion."

Meanwhile, the ACTUAL legal reasoning invalidated the entire foundation of all those things Thomas mentioned. Alito knew exactly what he was doing, he just didn't want the court to take the hit.

The fact is, Dobbs overturned the entire "penumbra of rights" that was found in Roe which is what all of those things were based on. So at this point the entire legal reasoning behind all of those decisions has zero foundation and can be destroyed as soon as the court wants to do so.
Incorrect

1 month ago '17        #16
DavidTheMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31019 31 K  Slaps total: 17346 17 K
Roe v Wade ands the rational in it being overturned has no connection to sodomy

Leave it to the GOP to be idiotic and miss the point.

1 month ago '07        #17
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 86469 86 K  Slaps total: 5307 5 K
all people in political positions that want to waste resources on stupid sh*t need to be shot execution style
+3   

1 month ago '15        #18
The South 
Props total: 38243 38 K  Slaps total: 4965 4 K
I might be wrong, but oral s*x is considered a form of sodomy by the government. Don’t matter if it’s mans on mans, or mans and a women.

Again, might be wrong.. but I’m pretty sure it is or was included.
+6   

1 month ago '18        #19
Dehone 
Props total: 81352 81 K  Slaps total: 3978 3 K
Nah, yall want this. The "agenda" right?

Don't switch up now that an entire classroom got massacred, abortion is out the window and the conservative court is showing yall just what "traditional values" mean when it comes to America. Yall celebrate when some nation in Africa has a death penalty for being gay. Yall "wish it was the good ol days when you could beat up gay people". Yall were celebrating when some cop in Jamaica cut up some little boys pants because he thought they were too tight and therefore gay. Matt Gaetz is out here trafficking underage girls for s*x, but we more concerned about D Wade's kid.

fu*k yall whining about?

America will soon be great again and Boosie, Charleston White and the rest of you fatherless nikkas can sleep at night knowing the world will no longer be going to hell because of someone's s*xuality

'Tarded a*s nikkas
+15   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '07        #20
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x82
Props total: 117326 117 K  Slaps total: 16278 16 K
and how exactly do you enforce a sodomy law?
+3   

1 month ago '18        #21
Dehone 
Props total: 81352 81 K  Slaps total: 3978 3 K
 The South said
I might be wrong, but oral s*x is considered a form of sodomy by the government. Don’t matter if it’s mans on mans, or mans and a women.

Again, might be wrong.. but I’m pretty sure it is or was included.
Yes, I believe sodomy does cover oral s*x.
+2   

1 month ago '14        #22
blitvit 
Props total: 3155 3 K  Slaps total: 216 216
 Dehone said
doesnt it just mean anal and oral s*x

who does it to who not really considered

1 month ago '08        #23
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 58214 58 K  Slaps total: 3198 3 K
 Dehone said
Ban on doggy style next.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #24
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8 OP
Props total: 85918 85 K  Slaps total: 7228 7 K
 Boogersugar said

"sodomy" is really any s*xual situation thats not for procreation. And its so vague they gonna be able outlaw anything they don't like
+6   

1 month ago '09        #25
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x88
Props total: 272170 272 K  Slaps total: 29228 29 K

isnt cowboy butt s*x already illegal

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+46online now  20
Image(s) inside Aug 9 - Californian Dr Catches wife pouring Drano in his lemonade!
224 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  19
fifa deaths
181 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+120online now  19
Breakfast Club is over
353 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Aug 9 - Mississippi Grand Jury Declines to Indict Woman Resp. for Emmett Till'..
208 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy