Sony looks beyond the PlayStation 5 with its own brand of PC gaming gear

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+42  54
103 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '17        #1
2128 page views
77 comments

Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 233761 233 K  Slaps total: 19112 19 K
Sony looks beyond the PlayStation 5 with its own brand of PC gaming gear

Sony is launching two PC gaming monitors and three headsets under a new brand called Inzone.

The move pits Sony against established players in PC gaming hardware like Lenovo and Razer.

It also gives the company a way of expanding its video game

Sony is launching its own range of gaming-focused computer monitors and headsets, hoping to tap into the lucrative high-end PC gaming market as it looks beyond its main PlayStation console brand.

Called Inzone, Sony's PC gaming lineup features two monitors. The Inzone M9 monitor is the priciest of the pair, retailing at $900. It features a 27-inch display with 4K resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate — meaning a smoother picture. A less expensive model, the $530 Inzone M3, has a higher refresh rate but lower resolution.

The Inzone M9 will be available this summer, while the Inzone M3 won't be released until winter.

Click here to view interactive content
As for headsets, Sony said it will release three in total: The Inzone H9 ($300), Inzone H7 ($230) and Inzone H3 ($100). They're currently available for pre-orders, though Sony hasn't yet provided a release date.

The priciest of the three, the Inzone H9, is wireless and features noise canceling technology as well as an "ambient sound" mode that picks up on sounds in your surroundings. The Inzone H7 is cheaper and lacks noise canceling, but it comes with more battery life — up to 40 hours, versus 32 hours with the Inzone H9. The Inzone H3, meanwhile, has to be plugged into your computer with a cable.

The move pits Sony against established players in the PC gaming hardware space, including Lenovo, ASUS and Razer.

It also gives the company a way of expanding its video game business beyond its PlayStation console gaming division. Sony said it wants to take advantage of growth in the esports space.

"The market has been expanding with a higher interest in gaming with the spread of e-sports tournaments and the advancement of gaming entertainment," said Yukihiro Kitajima, head of game business at Sony.

"With Sony's strong history of high-end audio and visual technology products, we believe this new line will offer even more options for those looking to upgrade their current gaming systems."

Sony continues to face fierce competition from longtime rival Microsoft, which has adopted a strategy of making aggressive acquisitions to build out its reach in an industry that's set to be worth almost $200 billion in 2022, according to forecasters Newzoo.

Both companies are betting big on a buzzy concept in tech known as the "metaverse," which involves vast immersive digital worlds where people can work or find entertainment. Earlier this year, Sony revealed a new virtual reality headset called PlayStation VR2.

visit this link https://www-cnbc-com.cdn. .. d-the-ps5.html
+11   

best
worst
77 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Quinn 
Props total: 17393 17 K  Slaps total: 3153 3 K
crazy i didnt even consider these PC gaming monitors

i saw this as another means to tax the fanbase with over priced accessories
+3   

1 month ago '17        #3
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41038 41 K  Slaps total: 5560 5 K
Damn we’re really about to have Day 1 Sony games in PC
+15   

1 month ago '06        #4
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 116643 116 K  Slaps total: 24845 24 K
I'm surprised they haven't been doing this already.

We know they have quality panels and headphones, I would have just a*sumed they had a line of gaming monitors and headsets.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #5
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23 OP
 Lazy said
I can only wish.

+4   

1 month ago '04        #6
VictoryThagr8 
Props total: 10396 10 K  Slaps total: 1899 1 K
The monitors are way overpriced and can't even compete with the competition
+5   

1 month ago '22        #7
God Bless 
Props total: 3697 3 K  Slaps total: 3362 3 K
 Lazy said
False

1 month ago '15        #8
wapeddell 
Props total: 3243 3 K  Slaps total: 410 410

1 month ago '07        #9
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 86743 86 K  Slaps total: 5308 5 K
 Lazy said
if they do that I might actually make the switch to pc

1 month ago '15        #10
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 5494 5 K  Slaps total: 1094 1 K
 Lazy said
Xbots wants this to be true so bad, but there no future in which Sony give up their position of power as a hardware manufacturer of console gaming, unless developing consoles becomes too expensive. They're not in a desperate position to sell their games at all cost like Microsoft.

The beauty of their potential is that they can leverage their position of owning majority of console market revenue while also dipping their toes in mobile and pc gaming. There wont be a ps5 shortage forever and not many young people can afford 3500+ rigs.

Last edited by Truthseeker007; 06-29-2022 at 01:45 PM..

1 month ago '11        #11
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 25698 25 K  Slaps total: 5453 5 K
Will the headset be better than my SteelSeries though?

Probably not
+1   

1 month ago '11        #12
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 25698 25 K  Slaps total: 5453 5 K
 Truthseeker007 said
Xbots wants this to be true so bad, but there no future in which Sony give up their position of power as a hardware manufacturer of console gaming, unless developing consoles becomes too expensive. They're not in a desperate position to sell their games at all cost like Microsoft.

The beauty of their potential is that they can leverage their position of owning majority of console market revenue while also dipping their toes in mobile and pc gaming. There wont be a ps5 shortage forever and not many young people can afford 3500+ rigs.
Get off your knees in every thread, Sony isn't paying you

+7   

1 month ago '15        #13
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 5494 5 K  Slaps total: 1094 1 K
 Blokka Blokka said
Get off your knees in every thread, Sony isn't paying you

Get off your back, Xbox been fu*king yall long enough.

1 month ago '10        #14
M2CEO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16031 16 K  Slaps total: 2261 2 K
That Game pass ether burning Sony's soul....they are trying any and everything to compete with the Big Dog in Micro$oft

+2   

1 month ago '18        #15
Most Palone 
Props total: 38787 38 K  Slaps total: 2564 2 K
It’s been a minute since Sony was making monitors but it makes sense since they are supporting pc officially

Funny thing is the monitor looks like a ps5 but the ps5 doesn’t have gsync or freesync support lol 😂
+2   

1 month ago '15        #16
CZNM22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 65574 65 K  Slaps total: 1986 1 K
I don't see these products catching on with any of the PC gamers that I know.
+3   

1 month ago '16        #17
Ozzy Booty 
Props total: 4594 4 K  Slaps total: 162 162
Would’ve been interested in the headset if I didn’t pick up the Astro A50s last week
+1   

1 month ago '22        #18
Swamp Hog 
Props total: 681 681  Slaps total: 104 104
Bunch of fat ugly virgins rejoicing

1 month ago '20        #19
DrDisrespect 
Props total: 3733 3 K  Slaps total: 1970 1 K
Knowing Sony and the sh*t they did with Sony PSP Memory Cards. Them memory cards was expensive as sh*t mane.

They gonna overprice the fu*k out of these things compared to the competition and only a few gonna buy. Then when sales dip and no one buying them, you will see them soon in the clearance section.

That's just my a*sumption,I may be wrong,I hope they don't do a repeat. That PSP memory card price still gives me nightmares.

I know some idiot gonna call me broke,I'm not broke.
+3   

1 month ago '18        #20
moonshin3 
Props total: 3036 3 K  Slaps total: 40 40
 VictoryThagr8 said
The monitors are way overpriced and can't even compete with the competition
Serious question I wanted to get that gaming tv I think lg something or do you have any suggestions of good monitors for the ps5 ??

1 month ago '12        #21
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29519 29 K  Slaps total: 2621 2 K
 Truthseeker007 said
3500+ rigs.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #22
 Truthseeker007 said

What does an Xbot have to do with being a PC owner? With chip shortages still lasting until next year and maybe even further Sony is gonna have to do something to sell their software. Their highest selling PS4 games account for at the most 10% of Playstation consoles sales and with PS5 sitting at 20M, 2M copies isn't going to cut it.

The semiconductor issue is a lot worse than you think. It's gonna last for up to 2 more years and Sony can't afford to deal with low sales so they need to find a way to sell more software and moving to the PC is their best bet. And you won't need a $3500 rig, especially with the next generation of CPU's and GPU' s in the horizon.

Last edited by Naga Sadow; 07-03-2022 at 08:18 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '17        #23
 moonshin3 said
Serious question I wanted to get that gaming tv I think lg something or do you have any suggestions of good monitors for the ps5 ??
LG C1 series. It supports true HDMI 2.1 on multiple ports and offers some of the best picture quality. If you can wait the new gen of QD OLED TVs offer the best quality of any TV out now but at a price but you won't have to worry about burn in.
+5   

1 month ago '05        #24
Krazie 
Props total: 52511 52 K  Slaps total: 8621 8 K
 M2CEO said
That Game pass ether burning Sony's soul....they are trying any and everything to compete with the Big Dog in Micro$oft

+1   

1 month ago '05        #25
HiRolliN 
Props total: 8284 8 K  Slaps total: 440 440
$900 for a 27-inch display with 4K resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate

id rather just spend a few extra hundred dollars and get a 55" LG C1
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+80online now  56
LeEmotional
49 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+42online now  53
IM SORRY JUWANNA MAN IS HOW OLD?!? Miguel Nunez Reveals His Age: I Am 63ԅ..
91 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  27
Video inside 2023 Toyota Crown [King Me]
25 comments
22 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+21online now  25
Video inside Aug 12 - Jenna Bush in hot water after being touchy with guest