Chris Evans Says He Can't Return as Captain America: 'The Role Is Anthony Mackie's'

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
3727 page views
97 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x159
Props total: 195255 195 K  Slaps total: 7408 7 K
Chris Evans Says He Can't Return as Captain America: 'The Role Is Anthony Mackie's'

"Don't count on seeing Chris Evans back in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Chris Rogers. In a series of Captain America movies and the Avengers films, Evans had shined as the patriotic superhero, but his story seemed to come to an end with the conclusion of Endgame. The follow-up series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier has since established Anthony Mackie's Sam Wilson as the new Captain America, wielder of the shield.

But some fans have not given up on seeing more from Evans in that role. There have been rumors that he will be coming back for another Captain America movie, though Evans has denied this to be the case. In a new interview for Disney's D23 podcast (via ComicBook.com), Evans says this is virtually impossible as the Captain America role is not even his anymore. The actor admits that the possibility of bringing back Steve Rogers is still there, but he wouldn't be interested unless things were near perfect, and he doesn't really see that happening.

"No, I don't think so. I mean it was a really unbelievable ride and the character's just so dear to me and I'm just so precious with it. To return to the role, I mean the truth is, the role isn't even mine anymore. The role is Anthony Mackie's. So, you know, even if there was a different incarnation, not as Captain America, but you know for Steve Rogers, even that would feel… I'd be very cautious, just because I love that chapter of my life professionally, personally. I love what those movies accomplished and to revisit it and potentially have some weird extension to that legacy would be upsetting if it didn't land. So it would require a near-perfect recipe and it may just not be in the cards."

Anthony Mackie is the New Captain America

Captain America 4 will bring something new to the movie series with Anthony Mackie as the lead star. Previously, Marvel producer Nate Moore compared the story of the film to Rocky, as Sam Wilson comes into this role as an underdog who doesn't have superpowers in the way other superheroes do. Per ComicBook.com:

"I think, he's not Steve Rogers and I think that's a good thing. Because to me, this new Cap is Rocky. He's going to be the underdog in any situation. He's not a Super Soldier. He's not a hundred years old. He doesn't have the Avengers. What happens with this guy who announces publicly kind of, without the support, 'I'm the new Captain America.' What happens next? I think is fascinating because he's a guy. He's a guy with wings and a shield, but he is a guy."

Moore also teased that Sam Wilson will have to earn the Captain America moniker in the new movie.

"So, we're going to put him through the wringer and make him earn it, and see what happens when he is outweighed, outclassed, out-everything. What makes somebody Captain America? I'm going to argue it's not being a Super Soldier. And I think we're going to prove that with Mackie and Sam Wilson."

visit this link https://movieweb.com/chri .. -role-not-his/
+15   

best
worst
97 comments

2 months ago '12        #2
ezduzit 
Props total: 65358 65 K  Slaps total: 6269 6 K
Damn Sam gotta jump through alotta hoops just to be considered captain america
+69   

2 months ago '20        #3
GarykingOftheD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 15623 15 K  Slaps total: 763 763
You don't say...

+16   

2 months ago '08        #4
SlickJ101 
Props total: 18549 18 K  Slaps total: 4270 4 K
Anthony Mackie is not a good actor.
+40   

2 months ago '17        #5
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 59113 59 K  Slaps total: 12816 12 K
:/

That n*gga has the charisma of dried dog sh*t.

He is so mothafu*kin boring
+42   

2 months ago '11        #6
darealvelle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24490 24 K  Slaps total: 1058 1 K
 SlickJ101 said
I give him a pass on the bad acting in the marvel films. The dialogue in those films are very wooden star wars like.
+22   

2 months ago '06        #7
damn_ryght 
Props total: 30705 30 K  Slaps total: 3866 3 K
Meaning he’ll come back as Human Torch
+14   

2 months ago '05        #8
rashcobar 
Props total: 18540 18 K  Slaps total: 2870 2 K
Something about captain America not having superpowers bothers me for some reason.
+33   

2 months ago '08        #9
SlickJ101 
Props total: 18549 18 K  Slaps total: 4270 4 K
 darealvelle said
I give him a pass on the bad acting in the marvel films. The dialogue in those films are very wooden star wars like.
The writing in those is def trash for the most part.

That being said I've seen him in a lot of other things and his acting really isn't much better.
+12   

2 months ago '07        #10
-ThE~DoN~LoN-  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10011 10 K  Slaps total: 2450 2 K
Anthony Mackie ain't my Captain America.
+6   

2 months ago '12        #11
Superstarbrown7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24285 24 K  Slaps total: 2215 2 K
Mackie is cool but evans was better
+9   

2 months ago '21        #12
NUF  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 5892 5 K  Slaps total: 749 749
Crackers in shambles rn

+36   

2 months ago '14        #13
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 173823 173 K  Slaps total: 38520 38 K
 QdobaCasanova said
:/

That n*gga has the charisma of dried dog sh*t.

He is so mothafu*kin boring
The representation is so important though ...
+6   

2 months ago '12        #14
ezduzit 
Y’all hating on Mackie but I think he’ll come thru in this movie and surprise ppl
+18   

2 months ago '04        #15
x Tha Arkitek x  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 23639 23 K  Slaps total: 3207 3 K
 SlickJ101 said
I haven't seen many of his films, but I really enjoyed his performance in The Banker.
+9   

2 months ago '21        #16
Aztec King 
Props total: 23330 23 K  Slaps total: 8215 8 K
Soldier Boy done took over, marvel is done

2 months ago '12        #17
ezduzit 
 Aztec King said
Soldier Boy done took over, marvel is done
Lol marvel doesn’t need to compete with the boys. And I love the boys
+6   

2 months ago '21        #18
Aztec King 
Props total: 23330 23 K  Slaps total: 8215 8 K
 ezduzit said
Lol marvel doesn’t need to compete with the boys. And I love the boys
Not competing
Just a new era
Like with music

2 months ago '05        #19
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 33192 33 K  Slaps total: 3427 3 K
 x Tha Arkitek x said
I haven't seen many of his films, but I really enjoyed his performance in The Banker.
Can’t forget Black Mirror.

+11   

2 months ago '15        #20
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 115550 115 K  Slaps total: 13241 13 K
Ya'll do know this actually happen in the comic, right?
+21   

2 months ago '15        #21
L33 
Props total: 620 620  Slaps total: 110 110
Lets give the brother a chance. I liked the Falcon & Winter Soldier series, but that just scratched the surface. We're just getting started. Homie better be a leader of the Avengers along with Doctor Strange.
+6   

2 months ago '07        #22
CelticPride242 
Props total: 984 984  Slaps total: 511 511
 NUF said
Crackers in shambles rn

Wow, this is allowed in here? This is ignorance at its finest.

2 months ago '13        #23
Godric 
Props total: 5447 5 K  Slaps total: 1118 1 K
 rashcobar said
Something about captain America not having superpowers bothers me for some reason.
Because he should get washed in any and all f*ghts against any mid tier villains. So dumb I'm sure this Captain America could last 2 seconds against a Thanos with no powers whatsoever.
+6   

2 months ago '13        #24
iamruben11 
Props total: 2420 2 K  Slaps total: 796 796
White people going all out for brothas just to cover up their privilege or rid their guilt. fu*king whites man just be you dog don’t give no brotha any charity just be normal

2 months ago '18        #25
mistersims 
Props total: 2504 2 K  Slaps total: 165 165
I'm torn on Anthony Mackie being Captain America. I mean, it's dope in the sense that Disney even allowed a black man to be Captain America, and seeing haters response to that... but also, FALCON was one of the first black comic book heroes and now he don't even go by that name or uphold that legacy anymore. They should have just made Falcon be a dope character on his own, by giving him a dope story and writing, kind of like how they did for Luke Cage. Nobody really cared or talked about Luke Cage but when they gave him a show, that sh*t was fire and now everyone fu*k wit Luke Cage. Same sh*t with Black Panther. That character is legendary now. With Falcon changing his name to Captain America, its almost like why the black man gotta take on white characteristics to be dope? I actually liked the Disney plus series once it got started (after the first two slow episodes) and especially in the last episodes cuz he was doin ill sh*t with the shield and the suit was fire and comic accurate, but yeah... yall know what im saying.
+7   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+279online now  16
Image(s) inside Aug 15 - Haitian teen finds a baby in the garbage in Haiti & decides t..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-64online now  10
Video inside 15 Signs of a Low Value Man
126 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside the agenda is real
327 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+59online now  7
Video inside Desus Formerly Of 'Desus & Mero' Is Getting Another Bag Already...
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy