Jun 28 - The Leading Causes Of Death In Men Should Be A Wakeup Call To Everyone

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '06        #1
12215 page views
154 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x84
Props total: 71341 71 K  Slaps total: 10015 10 K
Jun 28 - The Leading Causes Of death In Men Should Be A Wakeup Call To Everyone

Men in the U.S. live shorter lives than both American women and men in other wealthy nations.

In general, being an American male is hazardous to your health. Men in the United States die an average of five years before women do. That’s coupled with the fact that the country is already an outlier when it comes to life expectancy. In other rich countries, such as Iceland, Norway, Japan, and Australia, men live on average eight years longer than they do in the U.S., even though Americans spend more on health care than people in any other country in the world.

Over the past few years, life expectancy of men in the United States has only dipped further. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the life expectancy for men was 75.1 years in the first half of 2020, down 1.2 years from the year before.

So why is being a man in the richest country on Earth so bad for your health, and is there anything we can do about it?

Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S., k*lling nearly one in three men, often prematurely. A number of factors are at play, but the high death toll of heart disease is due in large part to poor diet, smoking, obesity, excessive alcohol, stress, lack of exercise, and underlying conditions such as diabetes and kidney problems.

Although a family history can also play a role, lifestyle often eats up the largest portion of the heart problem pie, increasing risk factors such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol, which can cause blood clots. These clots block blood flow to the heart, in the case of a heart attack, or blood flow to the brain, in the case of a stroke.

After heart disease, cancer is the second leading cause of death, causing 22.5% of male deaths in the country. Prostate cancer is the biggest k*ller, with African American and those of Caribbean and African ancestry carrying the largest risk burden. Studies have shown that prostate cancer in these groups tends to be more aggressive and harder to treat, and these men also have less access to care and haven’t been studied as often. Men with a family history are also at increased risk. Depending on your personal risk factors, men should start getting screened by age 50 or earlier using a blood test and a rectal exam. Regular screening for prostate cancer can reduce mortality by 21%.

Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer among men. Like heart disease, lifestyle plays a huge role in your risk. Eating a diet high in red meat and processed meat, along with obesity, drinking too much, and not getting enough exercise all increase your risk. The American Cancer Society says that men with an average risk for colorectal cancer should start screening by age 45; regular screening can reduce your risk of dying by 15% to 33%.

Lung and skin cancers present the next greatest risk to men. Lung cancer is largely (though not entirely) preventable by avoiding smoking. Generally, men tend to use tobacco products about 2% more than women, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

Skin cancer, however, is much more common in men than women because men are less likely to wear enough sun protection and to get their moles checked regularly. Non-Hispanic white men are more than twice as likely to die from skin cancer compared to women of the same age and race. By age 65, these men are twice as likely to develop melanoma. Luckily, there’s a lot you can do to reduce your risk, including scheduling annual skin checks with your dermatologist, applying broad spectrum SPF sun protection before going out in the sun, and wearing a wide-brimmed hat and SPF clothing.

Besides disease, accidents also claim the lives of many American men. Unintentional injury is the third leading cause of death for men in the United States and the leading cause of death for men under age 44, according to the CDC. These accident-related deaths are mostly caused by poisoning (for example, opioid and alcohol overdoses), car wrecks, falls, and drownings.

Some research has shown that masculine gender stereotypes cause men to be bigger risk-takers than women, leading to more accidental deaths. Men are also 10 times more likely than women to sustain an accidental injury at work, largely because they are more likely to have the types of jobs — in the military, policing, construction, mining, and offshore fishing — that inherently come with a greater risk of accidents.

Additionally, unintentional death often starts with intoxication, and men are much more likely to engage in substance abuse. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, of the 91,799 drug-involved overdose deaths reported in the United States in 2020, 69% of those cases occurred among males. In all, 7% of men have an alcohol use disorder, nearly double the percentage of women with the condition. Drugs and alcohol not only contribute to early mortality, but they also cause all sorts of unintended consequences such as — you guessed it — car accidents, drownings, and falls.

Then there’s suicide. suicide is caused by a host of issues, including mental health problems, drug and alcohol abuse, and life stressors. And it’s way more common in men.

The suicide rate is 3.7 times higher in men compared to women. Although researchers aren’t completely sure why, a number of factors likely play a role. For example, the pressure of masculinity often makes men unwilling to open up to mental health professionals or even loved ones about how they’re feeling. Men are also less likely to have a general primary doctor whom they can turn to for help. And they’re more likely to abuse alcohol and drugs, which both increase the risk of dying by suicide.

In the end, being male in America isn’t the best combination for life expectancy. But there’s a lot you can do to increase your odds of living a long and healthy life — eating a balanced diet, drinking in moderation (two drinks or less a day), exercising daily, moderating stress, going to your doctor regularly, and being honest and vulnerable if you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, or any other mental health issues.

We’re all going to die one day — that’s a given — but being a man doesn’t have to be a death sentence.

visit this link https://www.fatherly.com/ .. =organicsocial
+20   

best
worst
154 comments

1 month ago '06        #2
servesurite 
Props total: 6538 6 K  Slaps total: 712 712
TLDR: Heart disease, cancer, accidents, unintended death (intoxication), suicide

which is basically everything that can k*ll you.

Slapped for this stupid alarmist a*s title and thread

+323   

1 month ago '07        #3
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x82
Props total: 117351 117 K  Slaps total: 16281 16 K
Non-Hispanic white men are more than twice as likely to die from skin cancer compared to women of the same age and race. By age 65, these men are twice as likely to develop melanoma.
this is what's gunna get me

i'm addicted to the sun

i be outside and i get dark

tan lines never really go away

but i never, ever burn
+16   

1 month ago '04        #4
Chokeabiish 
Props total: 11794 11 K  Slaps total: 989 989
I believe it. Most dudes I know don't eat right, don't care of their mental health and really don't love their body by excercising it. Get right with your body before it's too late.
+97   

1 month ago '05        #5
DatKidDex 
Props total: 2004 2 K  Slaps total: 366 366
What about these shootings though ? Where is that data on American males ?
+15   

1 month ago '05        #6
projectd06 
Props total: 39749 39 K  Slaps total: 9064 9 K
Cliff Notes: Men eat like sh*t so they die sooner.
+52   

1 month ago '05        #7
projectd06 
 DatKidDex said
You got google.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #8
Jdog168  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 17094 17 K  Slaps total: 416 416
I believe it. One of my best friends passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack about a month ago at 32.
+45   

1 month ago '18        #9
OLITO 
Props total: 11421 11 K  Slaps total: 3825 3 K
 Jdog168 said
I believe it. One of my best friends passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack about a month ago at 32.
Same best friend passed at 31 from heart attack…was in shape and physically fit…
Just cuz your metabolism is high and you don’t put on excess weight your heart can still take a beating…
+33   

1 month ago '22        #10
SUPER GOD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 4452 4 K  Slaps total: 603 603

amp;s=19

Last edited by SUPER GOD; 06-28-2022 at 04:22 PM..
+8   

1 month ago '08        #11
AC_89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 91055 91 K  Slaps total: 4083 4 K
 Jdog168 said
Same thing happened to my best friend late last year his heart just stopped beating was 32 years old too
+15   

1 month ago '10        #12
GBREEZE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27957 27 K  Slaps total: 3105 3 K
Also in American culture everything is put on the man. To provide, to secure, and protect. And these dumb a*s feminist wonder why the pay is not equal. bi*chh there's a fu*king surcharge for the bulllsh*t we gotta do foh...
+27   

1 month ago '18        #13
KdenIII 
Props total: 36289 36 K  Slaps total: 5454 5 K
gym for an hour at 6am this morning, just played an hour and a half of tennis after work, gonna go for a lil 5k jog later tonight

maybe some of those other things will get me but def not heart disease

+48   

1 month ago '05        #14
BigBoo44 
Props total: 1197 1 K  Slaps total: 82 82
 DatKidDex said
Blame that on stupidity
+1   

1 month ago '17        #15
Tupacpatel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7217 7 K  Slaps total: 2057 2 K
 Chokeabiish said
I believe it. Most dudes I know don't eat right, don't care of their mental health and really don't love their body by excercising it. Get right with your body before it's too late.

+20   

1 month ago '15        #16
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 20017 20 K  Slaps total: 1542 1 K
Add fiber, reduce red meat, and at least walk more
+38   

1 month ago '14        #17
Sphynx 
Props total: 117427 117 K  Slaps total: 29226 29 K
Fun fact:

Too many dudes think "I'm just gonna eat like sh*t, and drink/smoke all I want until I hit [insert age here], or have my first health related incident, then I'll start being healthy and live into my old age"

Grim reaper like

Human body is like a car. Once that first major part goes due to negligence, better believe the rest are right behind it.

But hey, "This is AMERICA!", the land of bloody steaks and cold beers, and zero moderation
+50   

1 month ago '05        #18
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21518 21 K  Slaps total: 5731 5 K
basically if u feel like sh*t physically it’s steering ur body in the direction of cancers and illness and can play a benefiting factor in getting these diseases or cancer. exercise, don’t overeat or binge junk. don’t do drugs, smoke if u smoke weed smoke in mediation and don’t drink unless it’s socially. i stopped drinking by choice after having the need to feel to drink just by being out with a friend in my 20s and i feel better and the hangover headaches weren’t worth it the whole next day was a wash
+26   

1 month ago '04        #19
ddash 
Props total: 82003 82 K  Slaps total: 6182 6 K
 Prad Bitt said
Add fiber, reduce red meat, and at least walk more
The first and last alone can make a crazy difference.Fasting too
+11   

1 month ago '16        #20
Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 55261 55 K  Slaps total: 13312 13 K
 KdenIII said
gym for an hour at 6am this morning, just played an hour and a half of tennis after work, gonna go for a lil 5k jog later tonight

Salute brother. May you live long and fu*k all the IG hoes you want

+7   

1 month ago '19        #21
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 125600 125 K  Slaps total: 31724 31 K
People don’t drink enough water

The purest way to cleanse your body
+46   

1 month ago '05        #22
projectd06 
 KdenIII said

Thought my daily trip to gym was good.

Show off lmao
+4   

1 month ago '08        #23
MotorBoat Jones 
Props total: 7352 7 K  Slaps total: 634 634
I think young men aren't interested in their personal health until something serious happens ... and usually serious shyt starts to happen around 40 +. Until then .. these f*cker are "invincible".

I noticed this a lot during all the Covid Vaccine chatter on this site. Young men think they have it all figured out and would rather avoid the hospital at all cost.

Being proactive about their health for some, just means going to the gym from time to time and drinking Alkaline water. Who needs blood work done...

Last edited by MotorBoat Jones; 06-28-2022 at 04:35 PM..
+16   

1 month ago '20        #24
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 71118 71 K  Slaps total: 23003 23 K
Prostate cancer is avoidable guys, get checked at 40....black men are at a higher risk...

If nothing else makes you get checked, understand this sh*t will ruin your d*ck
+21   

1 month ago '15        #25
lil titty slurp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7499 7 K  Slaps total: 806 806
 Sphynx said
Fun fact:

Too many dudes think "I'm just gonna eat like sh*t, and drink/smoke all I want until I hit [insert age here], or have my first health related incident, then I'll start being healthy and live into my old age"

Grim reaper like

Human body is like a car. Once that first major part goes due to negligence, better believe the rest are right behind it.

But hey, "This is AMERICA!", the land of bloody steaks and cold beers, and zero moderation
What age would you say it’s a wrap lol
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-16online now  29
Video inside Video goes viral for taking the top off a big mac
66 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+65online now  29
Article inside Original Predator Actor Responds To Prey On Hulu
147 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+188online now  20
When You're Trying to Avoid a RICO Charge....
82 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+68online now  20
50 CENT’S ORIGINAL REFERENCE TRACK for “THE GAME - HIGHER” HAS LEAKED 🤯
253 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy