REPORT: Growing pessimism from teams pursuing Looney that he'll leave the Warriors

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+19  120
37 replies  @gear

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '04        #1
1519 page views
57 comments

!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 137520 137 K  Slaps total: 19622 19 K
REPORT: Growing pessimism from teams pursuing Looney that he'll leave the Warriors

@#JewLife @06roll @29 26 @Airtight @Andrefrbk @AlBooBoo @AlmightySae @BallDontLie @big leo 415 @bi0 @CALL AGAIN @Capimp @CarlozRossi @chirpflare @Conley Island @CurryDaGoat @Dice City @Dunknown24 @eliwood @ElQueHablaSucio @EMER1TUS @fcm415 @Figueroa @franchise @frenchalexander @Funeral Barb @goodhustlekid @HeckDaMonsta @HiShinUnit @Infamous1 @KeyserSoze @KingKPTII @Lil Shrek @MichaelVickStan @MomsDigMe @Mr Malia Obama @NateRight @nodayzoffatl @onlyonesmoke @PhilthyRich @Pilscy @Pretty Tone @prettyklever @randomguy @Samich Eater @Sickstrumentals @SoulOnIce02 @Still Numskull @Suave Mente @The Bearded One @The Scenario @Tranquilo @trb_5 @VerbalAssassin @WoodPipe @Zirov

Hopefully he stays and we can also bring back GP2. image
+17   

best
worst
57 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 90039 90 K  Slaps total: 9781 9 K
Kings will attempt to overpay for him.
+5   

2 months ago '21        #3
War Stories  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x84
Props total: 46362 46 K  Slaps total: 39600 39 K
Knicks always get bum centers watch

2 months ago '05        #4
ElQueHablaSucio 
Props total: 21319 21 K  Slaps total: 5332 5 K
I wouldn't be mad. Looney deserves to get paid. His screens/offensive rebounds mindset was key during the postseason. Wiggins/Poole looking to re-up aswell. Not every can't get pay. I wouldn't mind if we lose a couple of guys. Like iggy/opj/chiosa/lee/Bjelica/jta I want to see the young core in action (wiseman,moody,kuminga,gp2,poole)
+13   

2 months ago '18        #5
Infamous1 
Props total: 21037 21 K  Slaps total: 5119 5 K
My stance hasn't changed about him he's serviceable but would much rather prefer to have someone like Javale McGee
+6   

2 months ago '04        #6
!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17 OP
 ElQueHablaSucio said
I wouldn't be mad. Looney deserves to get paid. His screens/offensive rebounds mindset was key during the postseason. Wiggins/Poole looking to re-up aswell. Not every can't get pay. I wouldn't mind if we lose a couple of guys. Like iggy/opj/chiosa/lee/Bjelica/jta I want to see the young core in action (wiseman,moody,kuminga,gp2,poole)
Would be nice to dump OPJ, Beli, Lee and JTA for better players. It sounds like they want to bring back OPJ and Beli.

Lee and JTA are the most vulnerable.

Baldwin is gonna take up a roster spot as a 1st round pick.

Iggy likely retiring.

They might leave the 15th roster spot open to save tax money or incase they find someone they really like as was the case last season with GP2.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #7
 soso24 said
Kings will attempt to overpay for him.
That's been the rumor before this one came out especially since Mike Brown's the coach now.

2 months ago '22        #8
SeanDon122 
Props total: 12433 12 K  Slaps total: 858 858
Mike Brown not rolling with Sabonis as his starting center next year.. Looney in that black and purple

2 months ago '04        #9
 Infamous1 said
My stance hasn't changed about him he's serviceable but would much rather prefer to have someone like Javale McGee
Looney's biggest a*set is being able to guard perimeter players. I dunno if we can find someone else who can do that who will also be ok with a limited role.
+3   

2 months ago '16        #10
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 138078 138 K  Slaps total: 15012 15 K
He need to snap out of it.

2 months ago '14        #11
MomsDigMe 
Props total: 13464 13 K  Slaps total: 3745 3 K
His size and mobility is really rare. The way he can switch onto guards is also not going to be easily replaced. Kuminga is going to improve pretty quickly though and I can see him fitting into this role pretty nicely, with more offensive consistency too
+4   

2 months ago '04        #12
 MomsDigMe said
His size and mobility is really rare. The way he can switch onto guards is also not going to be easily replaced. Kuminga is going to improve pretty quickly though and I can see him fitting into this role pretty nicely, with more offensive consistency too
He used to be much more agile and athletic before his hip injuries. They called him "Baby KD" in high school after he went throw a crazy growth spurt. He used to have guard skills.
+7   

2 months ago '11        #13
The Bearded One 
Props total: 9229 9 K  Slaps total: 1005 1 K
 !!! said
Would be nice to dump OPJ, Beli, Lee and JTA for better players. It sounds like they want to bring back OPJ and Beli.

Lee and JTA are the most vulnerable.

Baldwin is gonna take up a roster spot as a 1st round pick.

Iggy likely retiring.

They might leave the 15th roster spot open to save tax money or incase they find someone they really like as was the case last season with GP2.
I could do with out JTA and Lee. I like OPJ. Was a good defender and fit in well with the offense. I think they bring Beli back to have a big who could space the floor if need be. They need to bring back GP2 though
+3   

2 months ago '09        #14
NLSP42  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 29884 29 K  Slaps total: 4880 4 K
Hes getting paid

He dgaf he's gone
+2   

2 months ago '04        #15
 The Bearded One said
I could do with out JTA and Lee. I like OPJ. Was a good defender and fit in well with the offense. I think they bring Beli back to have a big who could space the floor if need be. They need to bring back GP2 though
Wouldn't mind replacing OPJ with Ibaka or Blake Griffin and replacing Beli with Joe Ingles (depending on how his ACL recovery is going)

If those guys don't want come then I'd bring back OPJ and Beli.

EDIT: Hold up... OPJ is only 29?

Feels like he's 35.

Last edited by !!!; 06-27-2022 at 05:50 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '09        #16
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22021 22 K  Slaps total: 3148 3 K
I mean Wiseman “should” take his minutes. He’d be resigning knowing he was injury insurance

2 months ago '21        #17
sideline  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 8217 8 K  Slaps total: 2148 2 K
 kuul said
He need to snap out of it.
Snap out of what?

2 months ago '05        #18
Sickstrumentals 
Props total: 9335 9 K  Slaps total: 1980 1 K
what a copycat league?

“sure Looney will play championship defense in your team’s system.”

i wonder if teams just want to weaken the champs.
+7   

2 months ago '16        #19
KingKPTII 
Props total: 6661 6 K  Slaps total: 658 658
Myers throw out a fair offer and he’ll be back
+4   

2 months ago '20        #20
NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 23783 23 K  Slaps total: 6938 6 K
 ElQueHablaSucio said
GP2 older than Wiggins n*gga. Get to know your staff
+1   

2 months ago '21        #21
Drill  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8344 8 K  Slaps total: 705 705
 MomsDigMe said
The way he can switch onto guards is also not going to be easily replaced.
the most underrated aspect to looney right there.

in multiple series...teams had a gameplan that was based on getting him switched on the high pick and roll and letting a guard beat him on iso.

but dude has such good fundamental footwork and is too disciplined to bite on ball/shot fakes that it never really worked and the other team abandoned that gameplan. statistically he was the best defender on luka/mavs.

it was real lowkey a few year ago...but i remember houston tried to get him on the switch and iso with james harden. and they never really got the looks they wanted off him as a defender back then. he has only gotten better as a defender since then.
+3   

2 months ago '16        #22
ImChillin2Hard 
Props total: 12888 12 K  Slaps total: 919 919
Rings already secured. Might as well go secure the big bag now.
+5   

2 months ago '11        #23
The Bearded One 
Props total: 9229 9 K  Slaps total: 1005 1 K
 !!! said
Wouldn't mind replacing OPJ with Ibaka or Blake Griffin and replacing Beli with Joe Ingles (depending on how his ACL recovery is going)

If those guys don't want come then I'd bring back OPJ and Beli.

EDIT: Hold up... OPJ is only 29?

Feels like he's 35.
yea man, opj still pretty young. definitely dont want Blake (its still fu*k him and the clippers). Not sure what Ibaka has left in the tank. Dude couldnt even get on the court with the bucks.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #24
hugeneious 
Props total: 93 93  Slaps total: 19 19
overpaying a role player after a great playoff run is always fool's gold. some players just have a team's number.

also warriors can always bring back Avery Bradley if they lose GP2, not a huge drop off imo

2 months ago '13        #25
Facts B  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41143 41 K  Slaps total: 4454 4 K
He better not ask for anything over $11 million per

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+133online now  27
PPP Loan Update (You've Been Warned)
387 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+41online now  18
"Day Shift" starring Jamie Foxx, Snoop and Megan Good is a nice little movie t..
102 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-21online now  10
Video inside Got The Vaccine? Invest Into A Blue Light...
150 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+19online now  10
Guy I did time with is back in for murder
78 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy