Breezy speaks on rappers with ghostwriters

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+41  78
55 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '20        #1
5746 page views
191 comments

NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 24121 24 K  Slaps total: 7084 7 K
Breezy speaks on rappers with ghostwriters

IG

+48   

best
worst
191 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
ohyouwilin 
Props total: 1989 1 K  Slaps total: 738 738
As if he ever wrote a verse worthy of bringing up a ghostwriter
+144   

2 months ago '11        #3
shellz386  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 23862 23 K  Slaps total: 3175 3 K
 ohyouwilin said
As if he ever wrote a verse worthy of bringing up a ghostwriter
Touche
+23   

2 months ago '20        #4
Slymm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 27435 27 K  Slaps total: 1180 1 K
Breezy was super zooted
+68   

2 months ago '06        #5
jccd5. 
Props total: 6761 6 K  Slaps total: 681 681
 Slymm said
Breezy was super zooted
Super

He ain't wrong though
+34   

2 months ago '07        #6
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 86589 86 K  Slaps total: 8695 8 K
Breezy the goat bruh
+15   

2 months ago '13        #7
King2aGod 
Props total: 27834 27 K  Slaps total: 5048 5 K
He got so many druggie twitches
+71   

2 months ago '19        #8
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44253 44 K  Slaps total: 6240 6 K
Is the a*sumption that he's talking about Drake lowkey?

Personally, I think it disqualifies a rap artist (specifically) from top 10 in the genre if you don't write at least 95% of your sh*t. Other genres, the music isn't mainly about telling your story, so it's OK and even encouraged to get sh*t written for u. MJ's goat with only being decent with the pen and had excellent pop writers around him. But with stuff like Hip Hop and Reggae, it's supposed to be about u, so when someone else doing it, it's just disingenuous at the core...I get that sh*t is changing, but that's a perspective that I'll never get down with for this thing of ours...

Last edited by Bklynzfinest; 06-27-2022 at 04:26 AM..
+57   

2 months ago '17        #9
SupremeBeing5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25277 25 K  Slaps total: 7316 7 K
 Bklynzfinest said

Personally, I think it disqualifies a rap artist (specifically) from top 10 in the genre if you don't write at least 95% of your sh*t. Other genres, the music isn't mainly about telling your story, so it's OK and even encouraged to get sh*t written for u. MJ's goat with only being decent with the pen and had excellent pop writers around him. But with stuff like Hip Hop and Reggae, it's supposed to be about u, so when someone else doing it, it's just disingenuous at the core...I get that sh*t is changing, but that's a perspective that I'll never get down with for this thing of ours...
Drake needs ghostwriters because heís a powerhouse. Chris Brown has writers for his records. He said only his rap verses which is like 1% of his catalog.

Drake been dropping for like 12-13 years straight.

But a n*gga like J Cole, you better be writing yo own sh*t. Especially since heís not on that commercial/radio side like Drake.

2 months ago '17        #10
Not gonna lie though, fu*ked me up growing up and realizing 99% of R&B artists didn’t write those hits.
+46   

2 months ago '16        #11
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 109750 109 K  Slaps total: 7078 7 K
 jccd5. said
Super

He ain't wrong though
He is not, and even if his bars were mid, they were HIS. Can't knock that hustle
+22   

2 months ago '16        #12
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 40310 40 K  Slaps total: 7397 7 K
 SupremeBeing5 said
Drake needs ghostwriters because heís a powerhouse. Chris Brown has writers for his records. He said only his rap verses which is like 1% of his catalog.

But a n*gga like J Cole, you better be writing yo own sh*t. Especially since heís not on that commercial/radio side like Drake.
While this is true, it's also the reason why Drake is considered pop r&b and should never be considered a rapper.

Dre, Puff, etc. are respected, but they're not considered pure rappers. They're producers that rap.

Drake is a singer that raps
+9   

2 months ago '17        #13
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 133756 133 K  Slaps total: 5368 5 K
 Bklynzfinest said

Inside the mind of Mike's genius. It's long but gives you his perspective on writing music.
+7   

2 months ago '19        #14
 SupremeBeing5 said

I'm not comparing Chris Brown...he's not a rap artist...

I don't think subject matter matters...rappers like Jigga could go on their whole career doing commercial/radio hits until age appropriateness catches up to u...and he wrote 95%+ his own sh*t (and for others)...

to me that's an excuse...hip hop has powerhouses who write/wrote their own sh*t...Drake needs ghostwriters because while he's pretty talented, the writing part clearly ain't his bag and that's why someone gets helped. And since when folks judge top 10, it's about your skillset...we can talk about product...but when ur competing against other powerhouses who used their skillset to write their own sh*t, another rapper who doesn't is gonna pale in comparison...

he be talking about relationship stuff, inner feelings, etc...if that's another person writing that for u, it hits different...at least to me. Idk the process tho...like does he tell the team how he's feeling and what bi*ch(es) he's talking about and they put something together and come back to him with it? Just seems...w/e, not even gonna categorize it...i personally just don't like it...for rap.

Rap has been pop now for the last decade to 15 years, so I guess...that's why I say compared to the other powerhouses...I like Drake and been a supporter since comeback season...last 3 projects were misses, but hopefully he does better next time. He's still in my top 20...used to be in my top 15...

2 months ago '05        #15
KDE21K 
Props total: 1084 1 K  Slaps total: 123 123
My barber is sober af and acts just like him, same mannerism, same cadence when he’s trying to prove a point, same twitches

I always thought it was ADD?
+19   

2 months ago '16        #16
Toast2the  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 62337 62 K  Slaps total: 9293 9 K
 SupremeBeing5 said

Drake too busy to write his own raps? Thatís the excuse we using now?
+10   

2 months ago '17        #17
 Bklynzfinest said
I'm not comparing Chris Brown...he's not a rap artist...

I don't think subject matter matters...rappers like Jigga could go on their whole career doing commercial/radio hits until age appropriateness catches up to u...and he wrote 95%+ his own sh*t (and for others)...

to me that's an excuse...hip hop has powerhouses who write/wrote their own sh*t...Drake needs ghostwriters because while he's pretty talented, the writing part clearly ain't his bag and that's why someone gets helped. And since when folks judge top 10, it's about your skillset...we can talk about product...but when ur competing against other powerhouses who used their skillset to write their own sh*t, another rapper who doesn't is gonna pale in comparison...

he be talking about relationship stuff, inner feelings, etc...if that's another person writing that for u, it hits different...at least to me. Idk the process tho...like does he tell the team how he's feeling and what bi*ch(es) he's talking about and they put something together and come back to him with it? Just seems...w/e, not even gonna categorize it...i personally just don't like it...for rap.

Rap has been pop now for the last decade to 15 years, so I guess...that's why I say compared to the other powerhouses...I like Drake and been a supporter since comeback season...last 3 projects were misses, but hopefully he does better next time. He's still in my top 20...used to be in my top 15...
Ok he needs ghostwriters because heís a powerhouse. Doesnít matter who writes it. Jay is talented at performing it and writing it. Drake isnít. Whatís the point here? Nobody mentions Drake when it comes to greatest rappers ever, only ďmost hits.Ē

Itís not like heís not doing any work. Iím sure heís writing as well.

Itís all for money and power. Doubt he gives a fu*k anymore.

2 months ago '17        #18
 Toast2the said
Drake too busy to write his own raps? Thatís the excuse we using now?
Idk or care. Just saying what goes on in the music industry. They rather Drake do the song, then a Jack Harlow or w/e.

Itís business at the end of the day.

Idc for Drake. Donít listen to him.

2 months ago '19        #19
 DaQCKing said

Inside the mind of Mike's genius. It's long but gives you his perspective on writing music.
Damn son, over 3 hours! LOL... I listened for a few mins about 'the girl is mine' and it sounds like a dope listen tho. Hilarious hearing the interviewer ask "who's Quincy" lol...I mean sh*t, it's 1993, but Quincy Jones was known...who tf is this interviewer...Mike started working with him at like 9 years old he said tho...sh*t is crazy to see how early this dude was into show biz. He and Stevie are the prototypical child prodigies who not only maintained their greatness but surpassed it in adulthood...
+4   

2 months ago '17        #20
If I wrote a crazy song that is a hit, but have no following, and can’t perform the song that well, I would sell the song to the labels and sign some NDA forms and let them give it to Drake. Good investment. I get royalties or specific amount. sh*t will do better than if I recorded it.

sh*t happens like that all the time. That’s the music industry for you.

Lot of your favorite rappers have songs created by nobodies.
+16   

2 months ago '19        #21
 SupremeBeing5 said
Ok he needs ghostwriters because heís a powerhouse. Doesnít matter who writes it. Jay is talented at performing it and writing it. Drake isnít. Whatís the point here? Nobody mentions Drake when it comes to greatest rappers ever, only ďmost hits.Ē

Itís not like heís not doing any work. Iím sure heís writing as well.

Itís all for money and power. Doubt he gives a fu*k anymore.
But that's where you're wrong though lol...have you not seen these claims from his fans? I even see it on BX...The point is that he is compared to the GOATS...and to me, he shouldn't be...at least with the 15 or 20 other greatest...

I still give him credit because he does put in writing work--just hard to tell how much. I put him over a dude like Canibus overall, and to me, Bis in his prime was something to behold...but all things considered, Drake is 'greater' rap artist...song-making is a key skill too...so is appeal.
+3   

2 months ago '08        #22
WarviewVA 
Props total: 6962 6 K  Slaps total: 760 760
Thread full of weirdos…..I hate these new hip hop “fans”
+12   

2 months ago '19        #23
 SupremeBeing5 said
If I wrote a crazy song that is a hit, but have no following, and can’t perform the song that well, I would sell the song to the labels and sign some NDA forms and let them give it to Drake. Good investment. I get royalties or specific amount. sh*t will do better than if I recorded it.

sh*t happens like that all the time. That’s the music industry for you.

Lot of your favorite rappers have songs created by nobodies.
Most real artists ain't doing that though...a person thinking like that is someone with ghostwriting aspirations, especially if they know they're just not good at performing. Great writers with stage fright do it all the time...

but if it's just a following that an artist lacks, I think there's no way they're giving up something that "is a hit" because that's what's gonna gain them their following.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #24
Richy 
Props total: 2555 2 K  Slaps total: 455 455
Shoutout Griselda for bringing the essence back
+7   

2 months ago '16        #25
MrNobody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20094 20 K  Slaps total: 6213 6 K
Drake is one of the greatest songwriters ever. People who say Drake not one of the best rappers ever don’t know how the industry work.

Only rap artists who don’t got hits like that insult Drake’s pen.

Never hear Hov or Nas disrespect Drake pen, and we all kno what’s been said about both those legends when it comes to Jay Elec and others.

With ghostwriters, Drake and Ye are top 5 rap artists.

U can’t even put Ye and Drake’s ghostwriters ahead of them as rappers.

Rap is a product. If a guy like Kendrick wants to hop on Sidewalks with Weeknd and NMPILA with Ye and get washed by their team of writers, that’s cool. I’m not putting him above those guys because he rapping on the honor system. fu*k that. I want a great product.

And when it comes to delivering top quality rap products, Drake, Ye, Future, and Weeknd when he wants to the rap are the best in the game.

And y’all saying rap isn’t subjected to the same budget and system of other genres is naive. Songs get shopped in every genre. Like they gon give Taylor Swift and Rihanna a team of writers, but not Hov and Wayne.

This is an industry, not the block.

Funny y’all got all these rules when it comes to a genre that just so happens to be dominated by black men. And I’m talking to black men also who make up these rules as to why their brothers making money ain’t real.

Bron and Ye are billionaires but they didn’t do it right because this that and the other, man shut up. In a country founded on the work and culture of their ancestors, these n*ggas is the most honorable and legit billionaires this country has ever seen.

Y’all love for n*ggas to do double the work and get half the pay.

Last edited by MrNobody; 06-27-2022 at 05:34 AM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+55online now  27
Image(s) inside Atlanta Rapper Arrested For Threats Against Charleston White
331 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+281online now  18
Image(s) inside Aug 15 - Haitian teen finds a baby in the garbage in Haiti & decides t..
105 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-64online now  11
Video inside 15 Signs of a Low Value Man
126 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+38online now  8
Aug 16 - The Kompromat Thread