Nipsey Hussle’s Friend Refuses To Testify; Judge Issues $500,000 Bench Warrant

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+43  58
103 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '18        #1
6505 page views
177 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x158
Props total: 194344 194 K  Slaps total: 7394 7 K
Nipsey Hussle’s Friend Refuses To Testify; Judge Issues $500,000 Bench Warrant

"Getting a conviction of the man who fatally shot Nipsey Hussle will be more challenging than one might hope.

Sure, there is a video of Eric Holder shooting the famous rap star on March 31st, 2019, but that is not enough for the prosecution to get a slam dunk in the case.

One reason — which ironically is the same reason he was shot — is the concept of snitching.

Many witnesses are not cooperating on the stand when giving their testimony, and some have not shown up.

According to Local 10, the presiding judge, H. Clay Jacke II, had to issue a bench warrant with a $500,000 bail on Thursday, June 23rd, for an eyewitness who was a no-show at the ongoing trial for Holder, the person charged with Nipsey Hussle’s murder.

The person is Evan “Rimpau” MacKenzie, a man who served as a pallbearer at the “Victory Lap” artist’s funeral. He apparently doesn’t want to testify for the prosecution, who is f*ghting to get legal justice for his friend.

MacKenzie, who was also standing next to Nipsey Hussle when he was shot, has continuously ignored subpoenas to come to court for this case, and authorities believe he doesn’t want to be viewed as a rat by his colleagues in the street.

Eric Holder’s attorney Aaron Jansen asked if MacKenzie had a “reluctancy to testify.” Los Angeles police Detective Cedric Washington, who did testify, said he believed that to be true.

Another person who is reluctant to testify is Kerry Lathan, who was wounded in the shooting. Lathan, who took the stand last week, refused to even identify himself and Holder (as the shooter) on the surveillance footage played in court for jurors.

Lathan said, “I don’t know nothing, don’t see nothing.” Deputy District Attorney John McKinney asked, “You don’t want to testify about what happened?”

“That’s right,” Lathan answered.

Jansen asked the detective, “Typically, in gang cases, is there a reluctance to testify?”

“I wouldn’t limit it to gang cases,” Washington continued.

Jansen said, “I’m asking about gang cases.”

“I do believe it is common, yes,” Washington said.

Jansen continued, “Several witnesses, in this case, have said they did not want to come to court, and they felt that their families would be in danger, right?”

The detective did not blame everyone’s hesitation in testifying on gang activity.

“I’ve investigated many cases that are outside of the scope of gang cases. I’ve found that a majority of people are reluctant to come to court or talk to law enforcement,” said Washington. “Everybody seems to think that from coming to court, they are going to be subject to retaliation.”

The case is developing, but everyone is anxious to see who from the hood will testify."

visit this link https://allhiphop.com/new .. bench-warrant/
+9   

best
worst
177 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '19        #2
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 125826 125 K  Slaps total: 31924 31 K
Nobody wanna be called a snitch

Thats black culture for ya
+142   

2 months ago '15        #3
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
Props total: 88656 88 K  Slaps total: 31241 31 K
Get it in blood free sh*tty

2 months ago '19        #4
Mental Illness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 48875 48 K  Slaps total: 31206 31 K
 FrivolousSports said

it isn't Black culture, it's criminal culture.. most Black people aren't criminals

but yeah, criminals and gang members are losers, this guy gonna be found not guilty all because lame a*s gang members don't wanna testify
+116   

2 months ago '17        #5
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 66689 66 K  Slaps total: 15039 15 K
The 2nd dude could go back to prison if he admitted that he knew that he was hanging around known documented felons. So I can't blame him too much for not wanting to get caught up.

+116   

2 months ago '11        #6
greedy87 
Props total: 23347 23 K  Slaps total: 7162 7 K
 Willy Boban said
The 2nd dude could go back to prison if he admitted that he knew that he was hanging around known documented felons. So I can't blame him too much for not wanting to get caught up.

Finally someone with some sense.
+84   

2 months ago '18        #7
Ruga's Rib Shack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 24748 24 K  Slaps total: 4574 4 K
 Mental Illness said
it isn't Black culture, it's criminal culture.. most Black people aren't criminals

but yeah, criminals and gang members are losers, this guy gonna be found not guilty all because lame a*s gang members don't wanna testify
No, you're reading it wrong
I don't think he's saying the culture is that BECAUSE it's black people
Cuz that would just be racist

But I think the street code is different between black Americans and Italian American mobsters

Like I know it's just a TV show, but I'm sure it's applicable to real life

In The Sopranos universe, you're not a rat if you give law enforcement info that takes down ANOTHER criminal ring

You're only that if you give info that fu*ks over your own people

2 months ago '16        #8
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 118023 118 K  Slaps total: 15425 15 K
 Mental Illness said

Criminal culture like that, they don’t want to see Holder in prison getting free meals, working out, resting, etc for 25 years. They want him out in the street so they can reach him. We not dealing with a big money n*gga or a n*gga known for k*lling, he is the definition of food if they take them handcuffs off.
+14   

2 months ago '19        #9
 Ruga's Rib Shack said
No, you're reading it wrong
I don't think he's saying the culture is that BECAUSE it's black people
Cuz that would just be racist

But I think the street code is different between black Americans and Italian American mobsters

Like I know it's just a TV show, but I'm sure it's applicable to real life

In The Sopranos universe, you're not a rat if you give law enforcement info that takes down ANOTHER criminal ring

You're only that if you give info that fu*ks over your own people

you interpreted his post wrong

and Black criminals don't go by the same rules as criminals of other races

the mafia was known to k*ll people who they thought would snitch, Goodfellas is about that

Black criminals wait for paperwork before they decide to take any action against people.. they wait to get snitched on and then wanna do something

2 months ago '18        #10
 Mental Illness said
and Black criminals don't go by the same rules as criminals of other races
You're agreeing with me lol
It's a different street code

2 months ago '19        #11
 MHP Trotty said
Criminal culture like that, they don’t want to see Holder in prison getting free meals, working out, resting, etc for 25 years. They want him out in the street so they can reach him. We not dealing with a big money n*gga or a n*gga known for k*lling, he is the definition of food if they take them handcuffs off.
they won't do nothing to him if he's found not guilty, that was a hit on nip, they all were in on it, unless a deranged fan gets revenge for nip nothing is gonna happen to holder

2 months ago '19        #12
 Ruga's Rib Shack said
You're agreeing with me lol
It's a different street code
the streets dont have a code, thats manipulation to get people not to tell on them, it's every man for themselves when they get to court

if the streets had a code there wouldn't be so many of them in prison saying they were told on by someone who they was down with
+21   

2 months ago '15        #13
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 68658 68 K  Slaps total: 9900 9 K
They want him free for payback, it’s not just because they don’t want the snitch label on em. It’s the life they chose..

I’m not gonna judge. That’s their rules and they are playing by them. Who am I to judge ?
+12   

2 months ago '16        #14
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 118023 118 K  Slaps total: 15425 15 K
 Mental Illness said
they won't do nothing to him if he's found not guilty, that was a hit on nip, they all were in on it, unless a deranged fan gets revenge for nip nothing is gonna happen to holder
I don’t think that was a hit.

I know black people love to come up with conspiracy theories to explain why someone “famous” got murdered, but these n*ggas specifically ain’t on that timing.
+5   

2 months ago '18        #15
 Mental Illness said
the streets dont have a code, thats manipulation to get people not to tell on them, it's every man for themselves when they get to court

if the streets had a code there wouldn't be so many of them in prison saying they were told on by someone who they was down with
Just because people have no integrity and don't abide by it doesn't mean the code doesn't exist lol
+7   

2 months ago '19        #16
 Ruga's Rib Shack said
Just because people have no integrity and don't abide by it doesn't mean the code doesn't exist lol
We aren't going to change each other's minds so we can stop this engagement, have a blessed weekend

2 months ago '19        #17
 MHP Trotty said
I don’t think that was a hit.

I know black people love to come up with conspiracy theories to explain why someone “famous” got murdered, but these n*ggas specifically ain’t on that timing.
You are free to believe what you want, I believe it was a hit by his gang leader

You are free to believe what you want
+2   

2 months ago '16        #18
NatBurner 
Props total: 39522 39 K  Slaps total: 3064 3 K
I def would’ve took the stand fu*k public opinion

How do you face his family after this
+2   

2 months ago '12        #19
Mr Untouchable  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 21250 21 K  Slaps total: 1752 1 K
 Mental Illness said

I don’t even know why people reply to that guy he’s ONE of the biggest attention seekers in Boxden.

+1   

2 months ago '19        #20
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 92955 92 K  Slaps total: 10448 10 K
I don't get it. I understand the reasoning behind it but it doesn't make sense. If acquitted someone is still going to go to prison for retaliation against Shxtty and refusing to testify can bring jail time. Just go testify you didn't see anything at least.

2 months ago '07        #21
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 49661 49 K  Slaps total: 10439 10 K
 Mental Illness said

Calling them lame would mean Nipsey was lame as well because he condoned and indulged in the culture himself. And if he was ever in their situation I’m positive he would conduct himself the same way. Also not snitching isn’t criminal culture because most criminals are snitches as well lol. I agree it’s not Black culture either. Some people snitch and some don’t. Can’t really place a tag on it.
+5   

2 months ago '18        #22
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 64941 64 K  Slaps total: 12138 12 K
Eric not beating this sh*t eitherway - his getaway driver already flipped
+15   

2 months ago '17        #23
LeG.O.A.T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 70535 70 K  Slaps total: 44464 44 K
 Eclectic said

"Getting a conviction of the man who fatally shot Nipsey Hussle will be more challenging than one might hope.

Sure, there is a video of Eric Holder shooting the famous rap star on March 31st, 2019, but that is not enough for the prosecution to get a slam dunk in the case.

One reason — which ironically is the same reason he was shot — is the concept of snitching.

Many witnesses are not cooperating on the stand when giving their testimony, and some have not shown up.

According to Local 10, the presiding judge, H. Clay Jacke II, had to issue a bench warrant with a $500,000 bail on Thursday, June 23rd, for an eyewitness who was a no-show at the ongoing trial for Holder, the person charged with Nipsey Hussle’s murder.

The person is Evan “Rimpau” MacKenzie, a man who served as a pallbearer at the “Victory Lap” artist’s funeral. He apparently doesn’t want to testify for the prosecution, who is f*ghting to get legal justice for his friend.

MacKenzie, who was also standing next to Nipsey Hussle when he was shot, has continuously ignored subpoenas to come to court for this case, and authorities believe he doesn’t want to be viewed as a rat by his colleagues in the street.

Eric Holder’s attorney Aaron Jansen asked if MacKenzie had a “reluctancy to testify.” Los Angeles police Detective Cedric Washington, who did testify, said he believed that to be true.

Another person who is reluctant to testify is Kerry Lathan, who was wounded in the shooting. Lathan, who took the stand last week, refused to even identify himself and Holder (as the shooter) on the surveillance footage played in court for jurors.

Lathan said, “I don’t know nothing, don’t see nothing.” Deputy District Attorney John McKinney asked, “You don’t want to testify about what happened?”

“That’s right,” Lathan answered.

Jansen asked the detective, “Typically, in gang cases, is there a reluctance to testify?”

“I wouldn’t limit it to gang cases,” Washington continued.

Jansen said, “I’m asking about gang cases.”

“I do believe it is common, yes,” Washington said.

Jansen continued, “Several witnesses, in this case, have said they did not want to come to court, and they felt that their families would be in danger, right?”

The detective did not blame everyone’s hesitation in testifying on gang activity.

“I’ve investigated many cases that are outside of the scope of gang cases. I’ve found that a majority of people are reluctant to come to court or talk to law enforcement,” said Washington. “Everybody seems to think that from coming to court, they are going to be subject to retaliation.”

The case is developing, but everyone is anxious to see who from the hood will testify."

The n*gga ran like Usain Bolt when Nipsey got smoked. n*gga never even looked back his own homies already don't rock with em might as well say what you saw.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #24
 Mental Illness said
We aren't going to change each other's minds so we can stop this engagement, have a blessed weekend
What is there to change? You're arguing that people will fold the second it starts getting shaky
I didn't disagree
I'm just saying that the principle is obviously there, people just don't be following it

It's like jaywalking
That's actually against the law
But do people care enough to follow it?
Is it enforced? No lol
+2   

2 months ago '16        #25
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 109727 109 K  Slaps total: 7076 7 K
 FrivolousSports said

You mean gang culture

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+83online now  56
LeEmotional
49 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+44online now  55
IM SORRY JUWANNA MAN IS HOW OLD?!? Miguel Nunez Reveals His Age: I Am 63ԅ..
92 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  25
Video inside 2023 Toyota Crown [King Me]
25 comments
22 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  23
Article inside JAY-Z Blames Ambition And Ego For Failed Supergroup With DMX & Ja Rule
57 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy