So I Just Watched The Big Short

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+156  125
180 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 days ago '16        #1
1955 page views
40 comments

Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 51845 51 K  Slaps total: 12350 12 K
So I Just Watched The Big Short

This sh*t was hilarious. Over the years I've becoming quite a misanthrope as I realise through my everyday life just how fu*king stupid human beings are.

When bro says... this isn't what I expected it to look like and bro asks him what did he expect... his reply was, "I expected to see grown ups."

I can't tell you how much I relate to that scene over the past few years especially since this pandemic started.

When Jared tells them even though they present themselves as cynical people they still somehow have hope that sh*t hit bruh. Because every waking day of my life is further realising about how truly fu*ked we are as a society with the biggest danger of climate change about to hit us like a brick wall by 2040 (and tbh it's probably gonna happen in the 2030s).

This film while entertaining and educational (even more than when South Park did an episode about the crisis) was just another stark reminder about why I've slowly become a misanthrope. It's nice that some people still have hope out there. But when you really dig into it like Mark Baum did when he went to Vegas in this movie... man it's depressing as fu*k.

What's even sadder is that we're gonna have another crash pretty soon too

This phrase has been hitting different for me the last 3 years now man. Sometimes I just wish I didn't know these things
+15   

best
worst
40 comments

3 days ago '16        #2
Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25 OP

+5   

3 days ago '20        #3
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 36304 36 K  Slaps total: 9154 9 K
Well damn. I'm glad I wasn't planning to watch this sh*t because you done told the movie.

It sounds good, though. Hadn't even heard of it before this thread.
+7   

3 days ago '05        #4
ReppinDaBurghh 
Props total: 12325 12 K  Slaps total: 4500 4 K
 Forza Nocta said
When bro says... this isn't what I expected it to look like and bro asks him what did he expect... his reply was, "I expected to see grown ups."
I been feeling this hardcore lately

The older I get the more I realize literally nobody knows jack sh*t and we are all winging it. My bosses at work don't know sh*t. My coworkers don't know sh*t. I don't know sh*t. My friends don't know sh*t.

Had to go to the doctor a few weeks ago to get something checked out and I walked out of there thinking to myself "damn, this dude really doesn't know sh*t either. He just said a bunch of bullsh*t and said check back in in a couple months. Literally didn't do anything."

No such thing as a "grown up". Whole world is just filled with older kids winging this sh*t and every now and again out of the billions of us a person or a group of people collectively come up with an amazing idea to advance civilization. But for the most part, don't nobody know sh*t

It's a fu*ked up realization to come to. But like I said the older I get the more obvious it is.
+41   

3 days ago '16        #5
Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25 OP
 ReppinDaBurghh said

The older I get the more I realize literally nobody knows jack sh*t and we are all winging it. My bosses at work don't know sh*t. My coworkers don't know sh*t. I don't know sh*t. My friends don't know sh*t.

Had to go to the doctor a few weeks ago to get something checked out and I walked out of there thinking to myself "damn, this dude really doesn't know sh*t either. He just said a bunch of bullsh*t and said check back in in a couple months. Literally didn't do anything."

No such thing as a "grown up". Whole world is just filled with older kids winging this sh*t and every now and again out of the billions of us a person or a group of people collectively come up with an amazing idea to advance civilization. But for the most part, don't nobody know sh*t

It's a fu*ked up realization to come to. But like I said the older I get the more obvious it is.
Spot on bro. Spot fu*king on. Couldn't say it better myself if I wanted to
+8   

3 days ago '05        #6
ReppinDaBurghh 
Props total: 12325 12 K  Slaps total: 4500 4 K
 MrDarkCloud said
Well damn. I'm glad I wasn't planning to watch this sh*t because you done told the movie.

He barely said anything about the actual plot of the movie so he didn't ruin anything.

Also not sure how you didn't hear of it it was only 2015 that it came out and won a bunch of awards, made a bunch of money and has a stacked cast of A-Listers.

Very good movie. Worth a watch forsure.
+14   

3 days ago '16        #7
Soo Special OG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44781 44 K  Slaps total: 8195 8 K
 ReppinDaBurghh said

lol i was talking to my co-worker who just got a new kia sorento, 1100 miles and the sh*t misfiring and some more sh*t. he's telling me the dealer said they dont know what's wrong, they're asking KIA. Meanwhile he coming up with what might be wrong. and i'm like yooo you diagnosing your own damn car that's their job lol
+7   

3 days ago '20        #8
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 36304 36 K  Slaps total: 9154 9 K
 ReppinDaBurghh said
He barely said anything about the actual plot of the movie so he didn't ruin anything.

Also not sure how you didn't hear of it it was only 2015 that it came out and won a bunch of awards, made a bunch of money and has a stacked cast of A-Listers.

Appreciate the response.

I'll check it out.
+4   

3 days ago '13        #9
TheWAVEment 
Props total: 10241 10 K  Slaps total: 1911 1 K
Whitest thread on bx currently

3 days ago '14        #10
Christian238 
Props total: 9781 9 K  Slaps total: 945 945
 ReppinDaBurghh said

This post could be stickied to the top the BX news and Guap section...

DON'T NOBODY KNOW sh*t....

We all in this bish moving one day at a time being human as fu*k...
+11   

3 days ago '22        #11
JimmyCrackCorn 
Props total: 39 39  Slaps total: 8 8
 MrDarkCloud said

ReppinDaBurghh said

Bruh said he told him the movie, like the spoilers didn't happen in real time in 2008.

+13   

2 days ago '19        #12
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 39155 39 K  Slaps total: 26450 26 K
OP sounds like he's one bad day away from turning suicidal, homicidal, or both.
+1   

2 days ago '04        #13
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 49006 49 K  Slaps total: 2136 2 K
 Forza Nocta said

What's even sadder is that we're gonna have another crash pretty soon too

It's wayyy different this time. There will be a housing market adjustment but it is not because of a subprime mortgage crisis. And plus they were rules added to offset the mortgage-backed securities and collateralized debt obligations. That is really what brought sh!t down. People had funds based on the housing market and when the housing market went down, all those funds and the economy came with it.
+2   

2 days ago '18        #14
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 71503 71 K  Slaps total: 14965 14 K
I liked this, Don't Look Up, Anchorman, Step Brothers, and The Other Guys, so i'll try out a trailer for Vice.
+1   

2 days ago '20        #15
CopyCat 
Props total: 14721 14 K  Slaps total: 1307 1 K

The whole system is rigged for the average person to lose.
The the government bails out big banks when they fail and The Ukraine but poor people have to fend for themselves like dogs.

And the people at the top don't know what the fu*k their doing at all.
The people at the top act like they know everything but when you need answers for a problem they don't know a gotdamn thing.

And to be totally honest, I think I America is bankrupt; we just don't know it yet or we're too stupid to realize it.

Last edited by CopyCat; 06-23-2022 at 06:52 AM..
+7   

2 days ago '07        #16
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
Props total: 114137 114 K  Slaps total: 15695 15 K
 ReppinDaBurghh said
and parents don't know sh*t

ReppinDaBurghh said
Had to go to the doctor a few weeks ago to get something checked out and I walked out of there thinking to myself "damn, this dude really doesn't know sh*t either. He just said a bunch of bullsh*t and said check back in in a couple months. Literally didn't do anything.
doctors are some of the biggest finessers and frauds out there

the overwhelming percentage of doctors are just privileged people in it for the money, prestige and significance

you ever notice how we have to give doctors and hospitals all kinds of personal information, but we literally have no information, background or measure of efficacy on the people we pay?

most people don't know, but the 2nd leading cause of death is medical accidents by doctors which is people dying in medical care for reasons unrelated to admission
+3   

2 days ago '17        #17
Skrr 
Props total: 6542 6 K  Slaps total: 1192 1 K
All those bankers who extended those sh*tty deals got bailed out and made 100 cents on the dollar of their "investment" back. That's the real funny part of the movie
+5   

2 days ago '04        #18
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 76649 76 K  Slaps total: 18220 18 K
everyone who continues to work a 9-5, shop at one of 5 grocery stores, remains addicted to the internet and thinks that that's what life is about continues to support these little kids in wall street.

they bet on the ignorance of the sheep
+3   

2 days ago '07        #19
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
Props total: 114137 114 K  Slaps total: 15695 15 K
another good movie to check out is Margin Call, especially after you have the information, background and context from the Big Short

this is the opposite vibe and perspective

+3   

2 days ago '21        #20
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26777 26 K  Slaps total: 7226 7 K
Heeeeeeeey

I know some sh*t.

2 days ago '04        #21
jake_starrz 
Props total: 2836 2 K  Slaps total: 557 557
 yola said

the overwhelming percentage of doctors are just privileged people in it for the money, prestige and significance

you ever notice how we have to give doctors and hospitals all kinds of personal information, but we literally have no information, background or measure of efficacy on the people we pay?

most people don't know, but the 2nd leading cause of death is medical accidents by doctors which is people dying in medical care for reasons unrelated to admission
Source?

Edit:

Not quite

Last edited by jake_starrz; 06-23-2022 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: Added

2 days ago '18        #22
Armstrong 102 
Props total: 10343 10 K  Slaps total: 3823 3 K
Michael(Christian bake character) in 2020 in an interview predicted hyperinflation for the 2020's, he said all the money printing was going to be accounted for in this decade and they would raise interest rates to cool down inflation but it won't work. He was predicting $20 for a loaf of bread type of inflation. Said to secure yourself a water source that water and inflation will be the 2 biggest events in the 2020s.
I'm working on securing a water source, land with water,
Water from a spring fed lake or something or I'll move to an island,
My parents currently retired in azores Sao miguel the islands of Portugal
+3   

2 days ago '18        #23
Armstrong 102 
Props total: 10343 10 K  Slaps total: 3823 3 K
 yola said

Ya and colleges got caught with their scam of accepting rich kids with no merit just parents with money. These kids then pay the Asians(Chinese n Indian) kids to take their exams and sh*t and then they get certified as doctors or professionals without really knowing anything . Looks t this last pandemic, how many doctors are there talking about treating and prevention??? Somehow 2 years later we still have nothing from the masses it's because you're theory is right, 90% of pros in anything don't know sh*t. Real doctors out there advocating for prevention and treatments but those guys are called crazy!! See how backwards it all is
+2   

2 days ago '05        #24
Schavez98 
Props total: 9405 9 K  Slaps total: 1615 1 K
 ReppinDaBurghh said

There are those with vision who become strong leaders. But vision might be the most over-looked attribute a person can have, because leading people to your vision is one of the most challenging things to do and most don’t understand what you’re doing while you do it.
+4   

2 days ago '04        #25
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 49006 49 K  Slaps total: 2136 2 K
 yola said

There is some truth here.

I have two homies that are doctors. One is a general surgeon and the other one is an anesthesiologists. Both of them got into it because of the money and security but I can tell they do like the prestige. We'll be out at the cigar lounge or something and people will walk up to them on some, yo Dr. so and so, how are you type sh!t. But doctors are not all created equal - they are just like any other job. You have good doctors that are very knowledgeable and then you also have doctors that don't know sh!t.

Also, the 2nd leading cause of death is not medical accidents. It's like heart disease then cancer, and then accidents in general. Medical Accidents are a small part of the 3rd category.
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+31online now  77
Jun 24 - Clarence Thomas: Birth Control, Gay Marriage Is Next
301 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-102online now  50
Video inside Amber Rose is now a Rapper and just Debuted her First Rap single #DikG..
157 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  49
Jun 24 - Blue states vs red states - death by guns
65 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  33
We Need to Talk About Herogasm