Mike Tomlin On AB Suiting Up For Steelers Again: 'Y'all Know That Ain't Happening"

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+150  117
168 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

3 days ago '12        #1
920 page views
18 comments

Mr Untouchable  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10093 10 K  Slaps total: 832 832
Mike Tomlin On AB Suiting Up For Steelers Again: 'Y'all Know That Ain't Happening"

Antonio Brown burned every bridge in sight during his exit from the Pittsburgh Steelers, but could a return to the team be feasible for one of the NFL's most mercurial players?

Mike Tomlin is not holding his breath.

The Pittsburgh Steelers discussed his former wide receiver and much more during an appearance on The Pivot Podcast. When asked about the possibility of Brown coming back to Pittsburgh, Tomlin was blunt:

"Y’all know that ain’t happening."
Tomlin appeared to concede that Brown could sign a one-day contract to retire a Steeler, but shot down any ideas about him suiting up in black and yellow again:

"In terms of putting a helmet on and running out of the tunnel and playing ball and stuff like that, man, he’s moved on, we’ve moved on.

We can sit around and chop that up and pretend like that’s a realistic conversation, but we all know that’s not realistic, man.

“What I’ll say about AB is this, man. We had nine great years. I appreciate that dude in ways that I can’t explain to y’all.

That I won’t even bother to attempt to explain to y’all because it sounds like I’m defending him in some way, and to me, from that standpoint, the nature of our relationship and what we all did together requires no defense.

You could digest it however you want to digest it. [Tomlin blows a kiss.] You know what I mean?"
Brown infamously left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 17 last season and hasn't exactly conducted himself like a person who plans to play in the NFL again.

He said he would not undergo a necessary ankle surgery until a team signs him in March and outright stated fans shouldn't expect to see him playing football this upcoming season in May.

He did indicate he wanted to retire with the Steelers, however.

Would the Steelers organization be amenable to that? It remains to be seen, though Tomlin went out of his way to praise Brown as a player, while acknowledging things weren't handled well on the personal front. Notably, he used nothing but past tense:

"I don’t think enough gets said about the will of that dude. About the work ethic of that dude. About the fearlessness in which he played the game.

Is fear ever a factor in his play? ... I've never seen him blink on the football field I've never seen him shy away from anything that was uncomfortable on the football field.

I've only seen him run into burning buildings on the football field. We talk about all this other stuff, man, but we don't talk about that. Unbelievable will. Unbelievable work ethic.

Unbelievable belief in himself. That's what I think about when I think about the nine years I spent with that dude.

"With success comes a lot of things. Some we deal with well, some we don't. Some he dealt with well, some of it he didn't.

Some of it changed him in ways that were not as attractive. Someways he grew and grew in a big way ... Success is a slippery red carpet."
If this is really it for Brown, he'll retire with 928 career receptions, 12,291 receiving yards and 83 touchdowns, with seven Pro Bowl nods, a Super Bowl ring and a spot on the NFL's 2010s All-Decades Team.

Pretty good for a 5-foot-10 sixth-rounder out of Central Michigan.

Brown's peak in Pittsburgh was one of the highest the sport of football has seen from a wide receiver, but even his most successful coaches are going to concede there are things he could have handled better.

Source:
visit this link https://www.yahoo.com/spo .. 043533487.html
+11   

best
worst
18 comments

3 days ago '22        #2
Blackberries 
Props total: 11997 11 K  Slaps total: 856 856

+12   

3 days ago '18        #3
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39934 39 K  Slaps total: 2906 2 K

+9   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 days ago '14        #4
Lurker 
Props total: 127651 127 K  Slaps total: 14682 14 K

;t=lsaNnMuw4tkWXy1s-7ZziA
+6   

3 days ago '22        #5
Pushin P 
Props total: 1888 1 K  Slaps total: 944 944
Tomlin is a real 1 guys gotta love playing for him
+18   

3 days ago '07        #6
Bkjj11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x130
Props total: 195324 195 K  Slaps total: 32985 32 K
 Pushin P said
Tomlin is a real 1 guys gotta love playing for him
Sounds like u on his d*ck Jesus christ

3 days ago '22        #7
Pushin P 
Props total: 1888 1 K  Slaps total: 944 944
 Bkjj11 said
Sounds like u on his d*ck Jesus christ
Great coach great human. What's the issue?
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 days ago '14        #8
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x39
Props total: 254475 254 K  Slaps total: 29736 29 K
Pit not the Palace

+4   

2 days ago '21        #9
BigChiefLA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8983 8 K  Slaps total: 1868 1 K
That first pic of AB is when bro was just nasty wit it. Bro was Unguardable. Still is at 34. Bro still got so much left in the tank.
+1   

2 days ago '05        #10
Mrniceguy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 5384 5 K  Slaps total: 1290 1 K
 BigChiefLA said
That first pic of AB is when bro was just nasty wit it. Bro was Unguardable. Still is at 34. Bro still got so much left in the tank.
he can still play but will he have a mental breakdown or meltdown eventually... teams don't think its worth it!

he's not a tyreek hill... he can still win a superbowl without AB. NO TEAM feels like they need him.
+1   

2 days ago '14        #11
PolarBear  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21917 21 K  Slaps total: 7450 7 K
Duh

2 days ago '16        #12
aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 19956 19 K  Slaps total: 2045 2 K
Mike Tomlin is a man's man & the epitome of a football coach on any level...from mighty mights to middle school to high school on up.

He's the type you'll do damn near anything for because of how genuine, authentic & blunt of a person that he is. He's not going sugarcoat anything nor feed you lies...he's going be straight up & down with you. As a human being, that's appreciated in itself.

It use to p*ss me off seeing how AB & Leveon Bell use to take advantage of how cool he is with their fu*kery & not showing appreciation by being timely & professional while on the premises. I was cool with it as a Ravens supporter but that sh*t use to irk me like let's switch coaches ASAP!!!!

Wish he was Baltimore's coach cause Haurbaugh a pushover & passive. He don't fit the Baltimore culture at all..nice guy but we need a gritty coach with character who's going lead & stand steadfast on his foundation.

Last edited by aquisite04; 06-22-2022 at 11:42 PM..
+9   

2 days ago '17        #13
LeG.O.A.T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 68588 68 K  Slaps total: 43915 43 K
 Lurker said

Exactly. Pure click bait.
+1   

2 days ago '17        #14
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 20937 20 K  Slaps total: 2105 2 K
If you guys haven't seen it, the whole interview is flames and kind of a mini course on leadership. I feel really fortunate that he's my teams coach.

+9   

2 days ago '16        #15
ghoti 
Props total: 3860 3 K  Slaps total: 265 265
AB, negro please. Ain't happening

+1   

2 days ago '05        #16
youngvito18 
Props total: 30324 30 K  Slaps total: 5396 5 K
I said it when TB signed AB

anyone who signs him gets whatever fukery that comes

Dude is a basket case and will act up randomly and rff things up
+1   

2 days ago '18        #17
HoopLife88 
Props total: 55331 55 K  Slaps total: 7125 7 K
AB did it to himself

2 days ago '19        #18
dmboat990 
Props total: 7034 7 K  Slaps total: 558 558
 aquisite04 said
Mike Tomlin is a man's man & the epitome of a football coach on any level...from mighty mights to middle school to high school on up.

He's the type you'll do damn near anything for because of how genuine, authentic & blunt of a person that he is. He's not going sugarcoat anything nor feed you lies...he's going be straight up & down with you. As a human being, that's appreciated in itself.

It use to p*ss me off seeing how AB & Leveon Bell use to take advantage of how cool he is with their fu*kery & not showing appreciation by being timely & professional while on the premises. I was cool with it as a Ravens supporter but that sh*t use to irk me like let's switch coaches ASAP!!!!

Wish he was Baltimore's coach cause Haurbaugh a pushover & passive. He don't fit the Baltimore culture at all..nice guy but we need a gritty coach with character who's going lead & stand steadfast on his foundation.

Facts I’m sick of Harbaugh and his BS should’ve been gone. He a special teams guy he can’t make adjustments on defense or offense if need be. If Harbaugh was black his a*s would’ve been fired.
+1   

2 days ago '04        #19
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 62603 62 K  Slaps total: 15523 15 K
Its a reason he's one of the best coaches in the NFL....
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  47
Jun 24 - Clarence Thomas: Birth Control, Gay Marriage Is Next
292 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  38
Jun 24 - Blue states vs red states - death by guns
58 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-98online now  36
Video inside Amber Rose is now a Rapper and just Debuted her First Rap single #DikG..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  26
We Need to Talk About Herogasm
80 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy