Nearly $100K stolen in burglary at Atlanta home of former NBA player Vince Carter

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+155  119
175 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 days ago '21        #1
2127 page views
63 comments

brolickid  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
Props total: 44931 44 K  Slaps total: 38264 38 K
Nearly $100K stolen in burglary at Atlanta home of former NBA player Vince Carter

early $100K stolen in burglary at Atlanta home of former NBA player Vince Carter, police say
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Email
6:48 PM ET
Associated Press
ATLANTA -- Nearly $100,000 in cash was taken in a weekend burglary at the Atlanta home of former NBA player Vince Carter, according to an incident report released Wednesday by Atlanta Police.

Two guns and more than $16,000 was recovered later outside the 10,000-square-foot home in Atlanta's affluent Buckhead neighborhood. Carter told police the recovered money was a small portion of $100,000 in cash he kept in a bag in a closet, the report said.

According to the report, Carter's wife, Sondi Carter, was in bed with her two sons when she heard loud noises around 11:50 p.m. Sunday. They hid in a closet and she called 911, then texted her neighborhood patrol. A neighborhood patrol officer, who was the first law enforcement to arrive, saw a man fleeing in a black SUV but was unable to catch him, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Neither Sondi Carter, nor her children, were hurt, but police said a front window on the main house had been smashed. Outside, officers found "a large amount of $100 bills spilled on the ground," along with a gold Desert Eagle pistol and a black Glock 26 pistol with an extended magazine, the report said. The Desert Eagle belonged to Carter, but investigators believe the Glock was carried by the suspect, the incident report said.

While in the closet, Carter later told police, she could hear someone rummaging through different rooms upstairs. According to the report, multiple rooms were in disarray and a gate at the top of the stairs had been broken off its hinges.

Fulton County property records show the home, built in 2016, is owned by Vince Carter, who played 22 seasons in the NBA before retiring with the Hawks in 2020. Carter bought the home, which sits on nearly an acre and a half of land, for nearly $7 million in August 2020, property records show.

A real estate listing described the property as a "family compound" with "state of the art home security" that includes 16 closed-circuit security cameras. A fence also appears to encircle the home, including an electronic gate across the driveway.

Police have not publicly identified a suspect, but the incident report said a fingerprint from the suspect was collected from the scene.

Carter, who now works as an NBA analyst for ESPN, has not responded to requests for comment from the newspaper.

best
worst
63 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 days ago '21        #2
brolickid  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81 OP
Sound like Carter set it up for insurance

3 days ago '17        #3
baku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15218 15 K  Slaps total: 1119 1 K
fu*ked up

Last edited by baku; 06-23-2022 at 07:39 AM..

3 days ago '22        #4
Black Lanterns 
Props total: 222 222  Slaps total: 20 20
Somebody lock got picked

3 days ago '04        #5
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 26418 26 K  Slaps total: 4693 4 K
less u doing dirt no reason to keep that kinda cash around where you sleep

3 days ago '19        #6
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 39155 39 K  Slaps total: 26450 26 K
Wait, help me out:

Wait ... what?

- My a*sumption is he has an alarm system, but his wife had to call 911?

- Is VC living in a neighborhood where anybody can pull up in there? Gated neighborhoods mean nothing if there is no one to man the gate.

- Why would they feel comfortable smashing the windows in? That's begging someone to have the cops on your helmet. You don't have time to take sh*t, because the pigs are coming with sirens blaring.

This was not a random act of robbery. For me to believe it was, I have to believe some randoms were able to get into VC's neighborhood, and felt comfortable enough SMASHING a window, thinking they wouldn't wake anybody up. That math don't work.

But, who knows.
+28   

3 days ago '16        #7
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 115649 115 K  Slaps total: 15167 15 K
VC need to be concerned about who been in that bedroom to know there was money in the closet

They took nothing else but that.
+68   

3 days ago '19        #8
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 39155 39 K  Slaps total: 26450 26 K
 MHP Trotty said
VC need to be concerned about who been in that bedroom to know there was money in the closet

They took nothing else but that.
That sh*t ain't making sense, bro'.

You smash the window in a mansion, and a*sume nobody is in there, or that there is no alarm to alert the cops?

I don't know about that, bruh.
+8   

3 days ago '16        #9
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 47917 47 K  Slaps total: 8505 8 K
damn look like a inside job

ya gotta have all your windows set up on the alarm

and if ya wife home alone she should set it when she go to sleep
+9   

3 days ago '04        #10
torious 
Props total: 29558 29 K  Slaps total: 2098 2 K
Sounds like an inside job
+9   

3 days ago '08        #11
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 46246 46 K  Slaps total: 6814 6 K
 baku said
Keeping a 100k cash in a bag in your house where your family stays is just silly... You can opt to have cash available but there's so many better ways than to put it in a bag in your closet.

VC put his fam at risk with this dumbass move
wait so let me get this straight

Because he kept $100K in the crib in the closest of his own home that noone knows about....he put his family in danger? cmon fam you being Monday Morning QB

A thief broke into a crib and came up nothing more nothing less but what we not gonna do is victim blame. Hell I keep racks in the crib imma barber...I got all types of stash spots in my crib, wifey don't even know just my younger brother
+20   

3 days ago '15        #12
Hellmatic 
Props total: 57829 57 K  Slaps total: 5194 5 K
 brolickid said
Sound like Carter set it up for insurance
Vince ain't broke. He don't need to set up insurance for a measly 100k
+12   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 days ago '21        #13
 torious said
Sounds like an inside job
Facts

3 days ago '11        #14
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 87649 87 K  Slaps total: 15160 15 K
dude look like he rob the place and got scared and drop everything when he seen the neighborhood cop coming cause they caught him he could play it off

all you guys talk sh*t quit it just be happy it didn't turn out bad but VC got the strap with the dezzy

but this sh*t sound weird
+4   

3 days ago '05        #15
ChickzNKickz 
Props total: 33861 33 K  Slaps total: 2217 2 K
VInce need to holla At Da Baby
+5   

3 days ago '07        #16
timdog  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 56808 56 K  Slaps total: 7174 7 K
Friend of a friend iykyk
+5   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 days ago '21        #17
Smh

2 days ago '08        #18
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15457 15 K  Slaps total: 2479 2 K
This is horrible, regardless if its an inside job or not, to be robbed with your fammo in the crib is something super traumatic. If I was Visual Concepts, I would look at moving for sure.
+1   

2 days ago '07        #19
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 82827 82 K  Slaps total: 8418 8 K

+1   

2 days ago '06        #20
kip99 
Props total: 11987 11 K  Slaps total: 1279 1 K
With that type of paper, you need two trained German Shepards or something. When I lived in the hood nobody was coming to my crib without my pits barking with the aggression of a young Mike Tyson.
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 days ago '21        #21
Smh

2 days ago '21        #22
RJ Watkins 
Props total: 2422 2 K  Slaps total: 746 746
 SuperPawgHunter said
Wait, help me out:

Wait ... what?

- Is VC living in a neighborhood where anybody can pull up in there? Gated neighborhoods mean nothing if there is no one to man the gate.

- Why would they feel comfortable smashing the windows in? That's begging someone to have the cops on your helmet. You don't have time to take sh*t, because the pigs are coming with sirens blaring.

This was not a random act of robbery. For me to believe it was, I have to believe some randoms were able to get into VC's neighborhood, and felt comfortable enough SMASHING a window, thinking they wouldn't wake anybody up. That math don't work.

But, who knows.
It was definitely someone who knew what to look for. Probably someone who did some work in the home before. There's no way they are going through a house that big just to find a bag of money with enough time to get away unless they already knew what to look for.

they probably smashed that particular window because they already knew the layout of the security system. Wouldn't be surpised if these thieves have the ADT/Ackerman inside man connected. Spilling money and dropping guns seems like super amateur sh*t though. Maybe it's a friend of one of his kids or something or maybe a couins/family member that has been in the house before.

This is some crackhead auntie/uncle sh*t.
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 days ago '13        #23
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 145199 145 K  Slaps total: 58301 58 K
Story is wild

+3   

2 days ago '18        #24
Orndorf2 
Props total: 5857 5 K  Slaps total: 641 641
 SuperPawgHunter said
Wait, help me out:

Wait ... what?

But, who knows.
You’re mostly right but….an unmanned gate actually does ward off unprofessional robbers. The guys that just decide to rob a place one weekend might be deterred.

I too think this is fishy. I’m guessing that they don’t turn the alarm system on every night??? Some people get comfortable and stop using it. However, for the robbers to break a window is big time amateur hour.

In a house that big…10k sq feet. How do you know where to look for the bag of money??? (Inside job)

Did he really have $100k in cash? Or did he have $30k and inflated the claim?

2 days ago '22        #25
NolaAtl 
Props total: 971 971  Slaps total: 208 208
He shouldn’t even be in Buckhead. Anything super close to Atlanta is horrible nowadays. Crime has skyrocketed in Buckhead in particular. You gotta go Atleast 40 minutes from Atlanta and live on the outskirts to live in peace. You don’t hear about this kinda stuff much in Snellville,Loganville,Buford,etc
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+31online now  76
Jun 24 - Clarence Thomas: Birth Control, Gay Marriage Is Next
301 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  49
Jun 24 - Blue states vs red states - death by guns
65 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-102online now  48
Video inside Amber Rose is now a Rapper and just Debuted her First Rap single #DikG..
157 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  35
We Need to Talk About Herogasm
86 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy