Giancarlo Esposito on Future Gus Fring Stories: 'Vince Gilligan Said to Me It Is Not Over

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
1067 page views
42 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x158
Props total: 193839 193 K  Slaps total: 7386 7 K
Giancarlo Esposito on Future Gus Fring Stories: 'Vince Gilligan Said to Me It Is Not Over

"With just six episodes remaining in the final season of AMC’s Better Caul Saul, Giancarlo Esposito, who plays Gus Fring in the Breaking Bad universe, teased a possible spin-off centered around his character during a recent appearance on the Late Show With James Corden.

“It’s over. It’s going to be over,” Esposito said at the 5:05 mark of the above clip, before revealing that series creator Vince Gilligan might be ready to explore his character’s origin story in a potential spin-off.

“Vince Gilligan said to me, ‘It is not over until it’s over,” he added. “Is that a clue? For me, I think it may be a clue because as an actor I take that [to mean] ‘There could be something else.’”

Esposito added, “In my brain, there is another show...called ‘The Rise of Gus.’”

It isn’t the first time Esposito has discussed a potential spin-off. Back in April, the actor hinted at the possibility in an interview with Insider from earlier this year.

“The last days [on set of Better Call Saul], I’m tearing up and looking over my shoulder and I hear Vince say, ‘You never know,’” Esposito said of the possibility of Fring headlining his own spin-off series. “And so, I’ve always wanted, and felt like, there’s room for material for the rise of Gus. I feel like it’d be interesting to know where he came from.”

Although Breaking Bad did somewhat explore Fring’s origin story, Esposito thinks there’s room to dig even deeper into the character. “I feel like he came from a really wealthy family, had the opportunity to run, not only the family, but government in another country,” he told Insider. “He had that kind of brain, that charisma, that stature, and he traded it in because he wanted to be his own man. There’s something fascinating to me about that.”

Check out Giancarlo Esposito’s Late Show With James Corden interview up top."

visit this link https://www.complex.com/p .. tter-call-saul
+12   

best
worst
42 comments

2 months ago '10        #2
t from the 617 
Props total: 29058 29 K  Slaps total: 919 919
love the character but giancarlo esposito is kinda getting up there. but with technology it might work.

i got the chance to see giancarlo esposito speak at a college once, dude is charasimatic and eloquent af. definitely a superb actor to be that way in person then turn into esteban from fresh
+13   

2 months ago '07        #3
dnycem 
Props total: 6218 6 K  Slaps total: 918 918
A Mike spin-off would be dope as well
+2   

2 months ago '16        #4
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 137817 137 K  Slaps total: 14945 14 K
These guys are gonna be old as hell playing 40 year olds.
+5   

2 months ago '10        #5
quan3106  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 57409 57 K  Slaps total: 5776 5 K
Y’all gonna be mad when it’s confirmed Gus is gay even tho they been screaming it in a whisper since Breaking Bad
+4   

2 months ago '05        #6
rashcobar 
Props total: 18521 18 K  Slaps total: 2870 2 K
Need to do it soon cos my man ain't getting any younger.

2 months ago '06        #7
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 116432 116 K  Slaps total: 24761 24 K
They could have him play Fring's father handing off the business to a young Gus maybe...

otherwise I'm not sure how well it would work.

2 months ago '05        #8
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 81938 81 K  Slaps total: 11876 11 K
make it happen I dont give a fu*k

+9   

2 months ago '04        #9
Dash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 101678 101 K  Slaps total: 7065 7 K
Mans came a long way from sals pizza
+10   

2 months ago '07        #10
tacuna 320 
Props total: 13713 13 K  Slaps total: 2223 2 K
I want to see a different actor play young Gus and show him working up the ranks under Don Eladio and the Salamancas.

Other than that, I'm not sure what stories they can tell after the Saul is done unless
[spoiler - click to view]

or
[spoiler - click to view]

+3   

2 months ago '05        #11
I_REP_VA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8449 8 K  Slaps total: 646 646
Gus Fring was my favorite character in Breaking Bad.

One of the most underrated crime bosses in television history.
+18   

2 months ago '06        #12
Jax Daniel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12540 12 K  Slaps total: 292 292
I've been wanting them to explore Gus past since Breaking Bad was airing lol

I vaguely remember them mentioning him being from Chile and Hank talked about how he was "like a ghost" and there being no record of him.

Exploring that would be dope - to see earlier years beginning in Chile and then however he got to be under Don Eladio, etc.
+3   

2 months ago '10        #13
quan3106  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 57409 57 K  Slaps total: 5776 5 K
 Jax Daniel said
I've been wanting them to explore Gus past since Breaking Bad was airing lol

I vaguely remember them mentioning him being from Chile and Hank talked about how he was "like a ghost" and there being no record of him.

Exploring that would be dope - to see earlier years beginning in Chile and then however he got to be under Don Eladio, etc.

+1   

2 months ago '05        #14
tokinjohn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 128549 128 K  Slaps total: 15279 15 K

+10   

2 months ago '08        #15
904Nole 
Props total: 13658 13 K  Slaps total: 1432 1 K
I'd rather see a Breaking Bad/ Better Call Saul sequel rather than a prequel.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #16
ReppinDaBurghh 
Props total: 12733 12 K  Slaps total: 4576 4 K
Please leave the universe alone.

They are two of the greatest shows ever made. Move on and make something new and original after BCS, though.

2 months ago '10        #17
#JewLife 
Props total: 23771 23 K  Slaps total: 5715 5 K
better call saul actually worth it? i tried it a few years back but gave up around episode 2-3

2 months ago '13        #18
Ta388 
Props total: 15464 15 K  Slaps total: 1451 1 K
One of the best characters in the history of tv
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '05        #19
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 142580 142 K  Slaps total: 43472 43 K
 #JewLife said
better call saul actually worth it? i tried it a few years back but gave up around episode 2-3
Yes
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '05        #20
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 142580 142 K  Slaps total: 43472 43 K
Bring it
+1   

2 months ago '06        #21
Jax Daniel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12540 12 K  Slaps total: 292 292
 quan3106 said

That's a dope video - I had forgotten some of that, as I've only watched each BCS episode once and had forgotten some about the convo with Hector while he was in a coma - and I definitely forgot about the conversation with Schuler.

I think there is enough there to make it work, but they would need to have certain flashbacks (or just maybe an opening couple of episodes) with a different actor playing a lot younger version of Fring and then use technology to make him look younger obviously.

But the video also makes a good point in stating that sometimes the mystery is more intriguing than having the answers. And the point that "BCS" itself has also served as a Fring prequel in certain ways.

I don't know if Vince will do it - but I believe he could pull it off. It would be a different type of show early on - then pull in the familiar characters (Don Eladio, Max, etc.) tying things in similar to how BCS was done.

Would make for a dope 3rd series to finish off the universe in my opinion.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #22
Fantastic 
Props total: 16248 16 K  Slaps total: 6089 6 K
 ReppinDaBurghh said
Please leave the universe alone.

They are two of the greatest shows ever made. Move on and make something new and original after BCS, though.
Bruh if u 2/2 in this environment you go 3/3 hands down.

Most people agree most spin offs/sequels trash , vince is a master.
+4   

2 months ago '09        #23
thegoldenhero 
Props total: 45822 45 K  Slaps total: 3741 3 K
 quan3106 said
Y’all gonna be mad when it’s confirmed Gus is gay even tho they been screaming it in a whisper since Breaking Bad
It's kinda obvious to me that Gus friend who was k*lled by the cartel was actually his lover...I always felt that was the case.
+3   

2 months ago '05        #24
ReppinDaBurghh 
Props total: 12733 12 K  Slaps total: 4576 4 K
 Fantastic said
Bruh if u 2/2 in this environment you go 3/3 hands down.

Most people agree most spin offs/sequels trash , vince is a master.
Yeah I agree he’s a master, BB and BCS are both in my top ten all time. I’m saying I want to see him do something different. I’m a massive fan. We don’t need a fu*king Gus or Mike spin-off they’ve already been main characters in 10+ seasons worth of shows. I like them both a ton as characters but I will be supremely disappointed if Vince spends another 5-10 years of his life making another show set in the same universe.

Do something original and make it on the same level as those. Everybody so fu*king obsessed with “universes”. Cinematic universes. Tv show universes. Just tell a completely new story. So over this trend.

2 months ago '15        #25
Fantastic 
Props total: 16248 16 K  Slaps total: 6089 6 K
 ReppinDaBurghh said
Yeah I agree he’s a master, BB and BCS are both in my top ten all time. I’m saying I want to see him do something different. I’m a massive fan. We don’t need a fu*king Gus or Mike spin-off they’ve already been main characters in 10+ seasons worth of shows. I like them both a ton as characters but I will be supremely disappointed if Vince spends another 5-10 years of his life making another show set in the same universe.

Do something original and make it on the same level as those. Everybody so fu*king obsessed with “universes”. Cinematic universes. Tv show universes. Just tell a completely new story. So over this trend.
Honestly if it was anyone else id agree. But breaking bad/ better call saul , really is too good to let go.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-17online now  35
Video inside Video goes viral for taking the top off a big mac
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+68online now  29
50 CENT’S ORIGINAL REFERENCE TRACK for “THE GAME - HIGHER” HAS LEAKED 🤯
256 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+38online now  27
Image(s) inside Aug 10 - An INFORMANT told the FBI what docs Trump was hiding...and wh..
161 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  26
Image(s) inside Aug 10 - Elon Musk Admits Hyperloop was a Scam
44 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy