I had no idea Dave Chappelle had a failed sitcom in 1996 called “Buddies”

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

5 days ago '05        #1
1738 page views
41 comments

Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 27332 27 K  Slaps total: 2639 2 K
I had no idea Dave Chappelle had a failed sitcom in 1996 called “Buddies”

I always remembered the Home Improvement episode he was on, but I didn’t know those characters were actually turned into a sitcom.

+15   

best
worst
41 comments

5 days ago '04        #2
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 26483 26 K  Slaps total: 4706 4 K
if u never fail, it means u aint never tried

if anything this is a plus in my book
+49   

4 days ago '15        #3
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38556 38 K  Slaps total: 10248 10 K
The fact that you’re trying to shine light on him failing just shows how much of a psychopath you are. Are you tired of seeing him being praised? Does this make you feel better?

It’s like you’re trying to set up a path to people to talk bad about I’m so you can feel better

4 days ago '05        #4
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 125105 125 K  Slaps total: 13342 13 K
I watched the season earlier this year...it actually wasn't that bad
+1   

4 days ago '05        #5
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
 gemini8686 said
The fact that you’re trying to shine light on him failing just shows how much of a psychopath you are. Are you tired of seeing him being praised? Does this make you feel better?

It’s like you’re trying to set up a path to people to talk bad about I’m so you can feel better
calm the fu*k down with all that extra sh*t.

Nobody is hating.

You’re weird, like automatically talking about a show that failed that I a*sume many never knew about, is hating. How about it’s showing that even though it didn’t work out, he kept grinding and made it with his next movie Half-Baked which was big for him. Talking about failure in life isn’t always a negative conversation you dumb piece of sh*t. fu*k you and you’re unbelievably wrong a*sumptions.
+26   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 days ago '20        #6
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 36366 36 K  Slaps total: 9258 9 K
 gemini8686 said

+5   

4 days ago '05        #7
 MrDarkCloud said
That guy needs therapy. A lot of projecting in that post.
+8   

4 days ago '10        #8
Account001 
Props total: 4523 4 K  Slaps total: 1022 1 K
The 1st 2 post in this thread gonna make it do numbers....

Yall weird haha
+1   

4 days ago '04        #9
Sir_Burn_Alot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 33163 33 K  Slaps total: 1923 1 K
It happens to the best of them....most people don't know about Steve Harvey's show Me and the Boys either.

+12   

4 days ago '10        #10
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 45406 45 K  Slaps total: 6667 6 K
Kevin Hart had a show with Faizon Love and Candyman as his uncle.

It is interesting to think how some of these people's careers would be different if their earlier work was more successful.
+12   

4 days ago '15        #11
 MrDarkCloud said
Nah I had to call him out on the dumb sh*t. Then he changes up his tone about it and act like I’m coming out of left field. Plus, look at the YouTube title. “The video Dave Chapelle doesn’t want you to see.”

He has Kevin samuels in his avi like he’s some kind of hero as well. They think I’m coming off crazy or weird but I see through the bullsh*t

4 days ago '15        #12
He Hate Me 
Props total: 56177 56 K  Slaps total: 5065 5 K
 gemini8686 said

Fam just ask did anybody know he had a show?

Who’s gonna feel better about themselves for someone super successful now failing in the 90s?

Dumbest sh*t I’ve heard this all week.
+7   

4 days ago '15        #13
 He Hate Me said
Fam just ask did anybody know he had a show?

Who’s gonna feel better about themselves for someone super successful now failing in the 90s?

Dumbest sh*t I’ve heard this all week.
So that doesn’t happen? You don’t see people on here getting upset that someone is getting too much love so they make threads to hate on them. Ok I’ll point it out to you

4 days ago '09        #14
Ricky Towel 
Props total: 868 868  Slaps total: 96 96
This thread quickly took a turn for the stupid.
+10   

4 days ago '06        #15
bud10 
Props total: 4304 4 K  Slaps total: 250 250
 Bandito said
Kevin Hart had a show with Faizon Love and Candyman as his uncle.

It is interesting to think how some of these people's careers would be different if their earlier work was more successful.
Kev hart show was just trash lol. Steve harveys was just ok. Never seen the chappelle one but I do remember him talking about it on a chappelle show episode. When he has the show called "zapped". That skit was hilarious
+1   

4 days ago '05        #16
 gemini8686 said
Nah I had to call him out on the dumb sh*t. Then he changes up his tone about it and act like I’m coming out of left field. Plus, look at the YouTube title. “The video Dave Chapelle doesn’t want you to see.”

He has Kevin samuels in his avi like he’s some kind of hero as well. They think I’m coming off crazy or weird but I see through the bullsh*t
And you’re dumb a*s is still wrong with you’re idiotic a*sumptions. Doubling down on being wrong instead of saying “my bad”. Not everyone is like you.

“He changes up his tone” Please, tell me what in the OP gave off a hating tone?
+4   

4 days ago '07        #17
tacuna 320 
Props total: 13127 13 K  Slaps total: 2069 2 K
n*ggas get so emotional out of nowhere like 2 comments deep and be like "nah b-b-but he was trying to say some other sh*t!"

Proof BX is full of sensitive haters ready to pounce at any second
+5   

4 days ago '08        #18
d3athb4dishonor 
Props total: 8452 8 K  Slaps total: 730 730
I only know about it because I feel like Chappelle brought it up in his stand up or TV show. Never watched it tho.
+3   

4 days ago '07        #19
FeedTheBeast 
Props total: 16877 16 K  Slaps total: 1685 1 K
 gemini8686 said

So OP created the video and decided on that title too huh?? Just say you a*sumed wrong kid....mfs be so afraid to admit they wrong on the internet. Its like it hurts their soul
+4   

4 days ago '22        #20
GOLDUST  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 835 835  Slaps total: 315 315
Show looked supertrash

4 days ago '04        #21
MegaTON 
Props total: 18512 18 K  Slaps total: 3525 3 K
 FeedTheBeast said
So OP created the video and decided on that title too huh?? Just say you a*sumed wrong kid....mfs be so afraid to admit they wrong on the internet. Its like it hurts their soul
That celebrity worship is a mf
+1   

4 days ago '08        #22
SlickJ101 
Props total: 18154 18 K  Slaps total: 4172 4 K
 gemini8686 said

Sit down karen
+3   

4 days ago '14        #23
El Caballero  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 56467 56 K  Slaps total: 4261 4 K
 gemini8686 said

Bruh it's not that deep
He never heard of the show and the show wasn't a success

There's no hating there
+2   

4 days ago '19        #24
drnarcisse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9826 9 K  Slaps total: 1217 1 K
 gemini8686 said

man u buggin
+1   

4 days ago '06        #25
SKDontPlay 
Props total: 5027 5 K  Slaps total: 340 340
I remember the Home Improvement episode, but def not the series or the fact Shaft was in it.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  22
Youtube channel recommendations?
73 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+212online now  5
Video inside Scenes Of Martin Breaking Character
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-18online now  4
So everybody going to tank for the best prospect since LeBron next season?
92 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+26online now  4
Rookie challenges LeBron "He’s going to have to show me he’s better than m..
78 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy