Another six figure (gov) job opening

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+155  123
175 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

4 days ago '17        #1
3844 page views
94 comments

Jjsmoothbigtime 
Props total: 1515 1 K  Slaps total: 66 66
Another six figure (gov) job opening

I know a few of you jumped on it last time I posted but just wanted to give another heads up they are going to do another round of hiring. If you’ve seen the news about airline delays and stuff, it’s also partially due to Air traffic controller staffing. We need to a lot of controllers just to fill the upcoming retirements. Check out my last thread which has a lot of answers to the typical questions or just let me know.

Just a few highlights:
Have to be 30 or younger to get hired unless you have military experience.

No air traffic control experience required, they will teach you everything from the ground up and pay you to train and go to school

The application process takes forever and you might not get picked up on the first try

Applications are accepted June 24-27

If you are interested, get your application in as soon as it’s open, don’t wait. It’s been almost 3 years since the last bid.

visit this link https://www.faa.gov/be-atc

The job opening

visit this link https://www.usajobs.gov/job/661814800

visit this link https://boxden.com/showth .. .php?t=2834657

I’m not a recruiter, just passing on info so maybe I can get some co workers I like.

Last edited by Jjsmoothbigtime; 06-23-2022 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: Job link
+98   

best
worst
94 comments

4 days ago '06        #2
gettin_doe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 8868 8 K  Slaps total: 966 966
Good lookin OP…..how much can I make starting off
+2   

3 days ago '17        #3
Jjsmoothbigtime  OP
 gettin_doe said
Good lookin OPÖ..how much can I make starting off
At the academy is minimal but they pay for your housing and food expenses. Once you graduate at least $50k until you progress through training. Your salary ultimately will depend on the facility level, locality, CIP, etc. For example a newly certified person at a big facility in Atlanta will make $145k vs a newly certified person in San Fran making $170k. From day 1 academy to fully certified controller takes average about 2-3 years.

Itís worth it, youíll never be worried about money again and most people I work with own vacation homes, boats, pay for their kids college in full. Itís a good money and a stable career with a pension.
+33   

3 days ago '06        #4
gettin_doe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 8868 8 K  Slaps total: 966 966
 Jjsmoothbigtime said
At the academy is minimal but they pay for your housing and food expenses. Once you graduate at least $50k until you progress through training. Your salary ultimately will depend on the facility level, locality, CIP, etc. For example a newly certified person at a big facility in Atlanta will make $145k vs a newly certified person in San Fran making $170k. From day 1 academy to fully certified controller takes average about 2-3 years.

Itís worth it, youíll never be worried about money again and most people I work with own vacation homes, boats, pay for their kids college in full. Itís a good money and a stable career with a pension.
it says 30 and younger can apply....so I take it that its a wrap for me since im 36
+22   

3 days ago '17        #5
Jjsmoothbigtime  OP
 gettin_doe said
it says 30 and younger can apply....so I take it that its a wrap for me since im 36
Yeah unfortunately, unless you have military atc experience. Lots of other government positions without age cutoffs though. Federal government is one of the last still paying pensions and you can get one I think after only 5 years of fed time.
+7   

3 days ago '22        #6
reggiejaraad22 
Props total: 66 66  Slaps total: 0 0
I’ve been an Air Traffic Controller in Miami almost 6 years now. Best job ever made about 175k last year. Airplanes will always fly so job security is high. Best kept secret in federal government. You get to retire at 50 with a full pension and it’s not really stressful like the media makes it out to be. I work about 3-4 hours a day. The rest of the time I’m on break playing xbox at work and lurking on boxden.
+65   

3 days ago '17        #7
Jjsmoothbigtime  OP
 reggiejaraad22 said
Iíve been an Air Traffic Controller in Miami almost 6 years now. Best job ever made about 175k last year. Airplanes will always fly so job security is high. Best kept secret in federal government. You get to retire at 50 with a full pension and itís not really stressful like the media makes it out to be. I work about 3-4 hours a day. The rest of the time Iím on break playing xbox at work and lurking on boxden.
Center or approach?
+2   

3 days ago '15        #8
tsav  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 496 496  Slaps total: 63 63
 reggiejaraad22 said
Iíve been an Air Traffic Controller in Miami almost 6 years now. Best job ever made about 175k last year. Airplanes will always fly so job security is high. Best kept secret in federal government. You get to retire at 50 with a full pension and itís not really stressful like the media makes it out to be. I work about 3-4 hours a day. The rest of the time Iím on break playing xbox at work and lurking on boxden.
Can you have tats?
+2   

3 days ago '15        #9
Can you have tats? Are they located all over? Do they allow wife & kids to come to training to?
+1   

3 days ago '17        #10
Jjsmoothbigtime  OP
 tsav said
Can you have tats? Are they located all over? Do they allow wife & kids to come to training to?
You can have a face tattoo if you want as long as they arenít racist or offensive they can be displayed. Wear whatever you want to workÖwithin reason too. And you can bring a wife and kids but most people usually stay at an extended stay apartment or hotel. They donít pay extra if you bring family. Training is about 2-5ish months depending on your speciality.
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 days ago '22        #11
2packs Nosering  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2286 2 K  Slaps total: 558 558
OP 4got to mention outside of Doctors & Attorneys it’s the 3rd most stressful job out there & u must also excel at doing 4 things at once and have a high tolerance for anxiety and challenges and maintain ur cool all at a high & consistent pace
+8   

3 days ago '22        #12
Blackberries 
Props total: 12000 12 K  Slaps total: 856 856
 2packs Nosering said
OP 4got to mention outside of Doctors & Attorneys it’s the 3rd most stressful job out there & u must also excel at doing 4 things at once and have a high tolerance for anxiety and challenges and maintain ur cool all at a high & consistent pace
*Read the small print

+11   

3 days ago '17        #13
Jjsmoothbigtime  OP
 2packs Nosering said
OP 4got to mention outside of Doctors & Attorneys itís the 3rd most stressful job out there & u must also excel at doing 4 things at once and have a high tolerance for anxiety and challenges and maintain ur cool all at a high & consistent pace
I donít know anyone that is stressed out in this job. I work my planes take breaks, chill, watch tv and workout all while getting paid. When I put in my 8 hours Iím done. I donít take work home, I donít even think about air traffic. For me this is the least amount of stress Iíve ever had in a job. Iím financially set, I donít have to worry about a layoff, I get paid vacations. I think the stress thing is relative. Maybe some people just naturally stress out at work in general but I canít speak to that, I can only speak on person experiences.
+22   

3 days ago '20        #14
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12650 12 K  Slaps total: 1712 1 K
Seen thr Rep from Florida posted this I sent this stright to my bro and cuzin
+1   

3 days ago '12        #15
Mr Untouchable  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10093 10 K  Slaps total: 832 832
 gettin_doe said
I'm USAF retired now I'm a GS-9. These youngin's better take a good look at this lol...

Good look on posting this for them though.

+12   

3 days ago '19        #16
fohbuddy 
Props total: 7677 7 K  Slaps total: 393 393
my mom who’s in korea doing civilian work sent me this yesterday, bx is very resourceful
+14   

3 days ago '11        #17
bd2eazy 
Props total: 3268 3 K  Slaps total: 277 277
just turned 35.

Damn.

Gotta make my way in IT, but props to OP nonetheless

+15   

3 days ago '14        #18
Soaring Seagull  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 30130 30 K  Slaps total: 2410 2 K
"have to be 30 years old"

"Or younger"
+17   

3 days ago '12        #19
Mr Untouchable  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10093 10 K  Slaps total: 832 832
 Jjsmoothbigtime said
I donít know anyone that is stressed out in this job. I work my planes take breaks, chill, watch tv and workout all while getting paid. When I put in my 8 hours Iím done. I donít take work home, I donít even think about air traffic. For me this is the least amount of stress Iíve ever had in a job. Iím financially set, I donít have to worry about a layoff, I get paid vacations. I think the stress thing is relative. Maybe some people just naturally stress out at work in general but I canít speak to that, I can only speak on person experiences.
Same with my job.

Before I retired from the USAF last year as a 'MSgt/E-7' I was stressed the fu*k out, long a*s hours and a lot more Bs to deal with in general lol.

Now with this GS-9 position doing the "office" part of what I did before. I leave when my day is over, no calls or texts while i'm home, no stress, the people in my office are cool as fu*k most of them are retired too.

Not to mention my retirement bread and more bread with this job. My wife has an accounting job she makes good money also. We have a young son.

And I'm not even going to go into the materialistic sh*t because that can all be gone tomorrow. But we definitley live comfortable but we stay humble most importantly.

I love this sh*t lol...

+11   

3 days ago '05        #20
Mrniceguy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 5384 5 K  Slaps total: 1291 1 K
im too old :(
+5   

3 days ago '15        #21
richmoneycash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29374 29 K  Slaps total: 1975 1 K
I dunno what it is but that sh*t must be stressful. I worked on the base in Pensacola where they went to school and all them students was stressed, depressed and suicidal. They had the highest suicide rate in the Navy at the time.
+4   

3 days ago '17        #22
Jjsmoothbigtime  OP
 Mr Untouchable said
Same with my job.

Before I retired from the USAF last year as a 'MSgt/E-7' I was stressed the fu*k out, long a*s hours and a lot more Bs to deal with in general lol.

Now with this GS-9 position doing the "office" part of what I did before. I leave when my day is over, no calls or texts while i'm home, no stress, the people in my office are cool as fu*k most of them are retired too.

Not to mention my retirement bread and more bread with this job. My wife has an accounting job she makes good money also. We have a young son.

And I'm not even going to go into the materialistic sh*t because that can all be gone tomorrow. But we definitley live comfortable but we stay humble most importantly.

I love this sh*t lol...

Yeah thatís the way to do it. The federal government is a great way to make money. Private sector companies will make you take work home require you to work 60 hours a week and show you no loyalty. Pension doesnít exist in most of the private sector. Congrats on the retirement though, thatís a lot of bread to have coming in.
+2   

3 days ago '20        #23
GunRack 
Props total: 13266 13 K  Slaps total: 1049 1 K
We need a jobs subforum or something. Easy to get a good thread lost in the sea of crypto/penny stock sh*t.
+20   

3 days ago '17        #24
Youngboss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 11045 11 K  Slaps total: 11715 11 K
 GunRack said
We need a jobs subforum or something. Easy to get a good thread lost in the sea of crypto/penny stock sh*t.
facts i want to see everybody on bx eat
+7   

3 days ago '15        #25
 Jjsmoothbigtime said
You can have a face tattoo if you want as long as they arenít racist or offensive they can be displayed. Wear whatever you want to workÖwithin reason too. And you can bring a wife and kids but most people usually stay at an extended stay apartment or hotel. They donít pay extra if you bring family. Training is about 2-5ish months depending on your speciality.
Thatís whatís up Iíve had my zodiac sign on my face since I was like 15 but Iíve also never had a problem getting a job. What you mean speciality? & after training they just tell u a location in the u.s to report to? Can u transfer?
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  77
Jun 24 - Clarence Thomas: Birth Control, Gay Marriage Is Next
297 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  44
Jun 24 - Blue states vs red states - death by guns
62 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-101online now  41
Video inside Amber Rose is now a Rapper and just Debuted her First Rap single #DikG..
154 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  27
We Need to Talk About Herogasm
83 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy