Lets talk about Boxing (Lightweight to Light Middle) Who you got?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '16        #1
587 page views
24 comments

Digital 
Props total: 272 272  Slaps total: 21 21
Lets talk about Boxing (Lightweight to Light Middle) Who you got?

So I'm sitting on the deck drinking some Dusse and blazing some Sativa watching the Davis v Rolly weigh-in and thinking yo who I got from 130 - 154 as the man alltime. Here is where im at with it....

135 - This is tough Duran jumps out at me quickly, but Pernell and Floyd styles at that weight probably the only to beat this dude. Id have to go arguably with Duran @135. This sh*t sound cliche for 135 but damn I cannot take anything away from this guy...

140 - Floyd Mayweather probably unbeatable at this weight, but he doesn't outclass Pernell.....

147 - Leonard is the guy at 147, but not by a wide margin at all.... Robinson is right there. I might be a bit biased by the Hype growing up, but Leonard was wit the sh*ts at 147...

154 - Hagler owns this, but damn he let a natural 135/140lb guy Duran take him the distance.

Id love to see:

Leonard v Mayweather @147
Duran v Mayweather @135

Those f*ghts would be epic Jawnz.....
+11   

best
worst
24 comments

1 month ago '21        #2
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27450 27 K  Slaps total: 7304 7 K
Good list.

Chavez vs Duran at 135 would have been a banger.
+7   

1 month ago '16        #3
Digital  OP
 Tlatoani said
Good list.

Chavez vs Duran at 135 would have been a banger.
Stretcher f*ght, someone leaving on that. CTE written allover that f*ght....
+6   

1 month ago '14        #4
iDisrespectHoez 
Props total: 13707 13 K  Slaps total: 752 752
Lightweight - Duran

Jr. Welterweight - Aaron Pryor

Welterweight - Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, and Mayweather

Jr. Middleweight - Mayweather, Tommy Hearns, and Mike McCallum

Hagler was a middleweight

It's hard for me to just choose one
+3   

1 month ago '16        #5
Digital  OP
 iDisrespectHoez said
Lightweight - Duran

Jr. Welterweight - Aaron Pryor

Welterweight - Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, and Mayweather

Jr. Middleweight - Mayweather, Tommy Hearns, and Mike McCallum

Hagler was a middleweight

It's hard for me to just choose one
Pryor at 140 interesting....Your right about Hagler, I wanted to go 160 with him, but I still cannot think of anyone at 154 since he could drain without a problem and k*ll the smaller guys...
+2   

1 month ago '10        #6
olook up  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11819 11 K  Slaps total: 4312 4 K
Errol Spence

1 month ago '05        #7
Tha TC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37273 37 K  Slaps total: 1820 1 K
Not going to get all into this but am I the only one who feels prime Floyd was 135?
+7   

1 month ago '16        #8
Digital  OP
 olook up said
Errol Spence
Hopefully we will see, at this time, I don't think he would beat a prime Paul Williams or even Vernon Forrest. I'm not being disrespectful or a hatin a*s old head, just need to see him completely separate from Crawford and vice versa..
+2   

1 month ago '14        #9
iDisrespectHoez 
Props total: 13707 13 K  Slaps total: 752 752
 Tha TC said
Not going to get all into this but am I the only one who feels prime Floyd was 135?
I was thinking that when I saw the op Duran/Mayweather dream f*ght. 135 and below was when he was throwing his hands go more often.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #10
Digital  OP
 iDisrespectHoez said
I was thinking that when I saw the op Duran/Mayweather dream f*ght. 135 and below was when he was throwing his hands go more often.
Yea you both dead on, he didn't hurt his hands at that time. I'm just thinking at 140 he finally mastered everything. He couldn't drop that straight right hand and hook to finish regularly, but his defense got waaaay better at 140... He stopped getting hit at 140+
+2   

1 month ago '22        #11
Jimmy Serrano 
Props total: 5375 5 K  Slaps total: 1560 1 K
Floyd and Pernell were similar in some ways. But Pernell wasnt quite as disciplined, he made mistakes sometimes by being off balance and by being too "cute" as the commentators used to describe it

Floyd made less mistakes then any other boxer i have ever seen. And he trained hard for every f*ght, he didnt cheat the sport

No disrespect to Pernell, him and Floyd are two of my top 5 favs but Floyd was better
+4   

1 month ago '16        #12
Digital  OP
 Jimmy Serrano said
Floyd and Pernell were similar in some ways. But Pernell wasnt quite as disciplined, he made mistakes sometimes by being off balance and by being too "cute" as the commentators used to describe it

Floyd made less mistakes then any other boxer i have ever seen. And he trained hard for every f*ght, he didnt cheat the sport

No disrespect to Pernell, him and Floyd are two of my top 5 favs but Floyd was better
You think Floyd seals the deal with prime Trinidad or De La Hoya without the robbery?

1 month ago '16        #13
Digital  OP
Boxden never fail... Got me rethinking my list watching Pryor v Arguello I .... #onelove
+3   

1 month ago '22        #14
Jimmy Serrano 
Props total: 5375 5 K  Slaps total: 1560 1 K
 Digital said
You think Floyd seals the deal with prime Trinidad or De La Hoya without the robbery?
In my opinion yes. De La Hoya vs Pernell was extremely close and Pernell had Oscar looking dumb at times swinging at air. I also think Pernell was a little past his prime in 97

De La Hoya was also in close f*ghts with Mosley. I considered Mosley to be an elite athlete with good boxing skills but never in Floyds class in my opinion. Floyd was an elite athlete and had elite skills

Trinidad was very good but not great. BHop noticed that Felix had to set his feet to throw a punch and took advantage of that. While Hopkins was a lot bigger, with that f*ght being at middleweight, he also had a significant boxing iq advantage and i think Floyd was an even smarter boxer then Hopkins was. He would have had Felix missing and getting countered all might
+5   

1 month ago '19        #15
Playboi23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8225 8 K  Slaps total: 782 782
135- Duran
140- Aaron Pryor
147- Floyd
154- Terry Norris

Btw Hagler fought at 160 his entire career, never fought at 154
+4   

1 month ago '16        #16
ghoti 
Props total: 3924 3 K  Slaps total: 268 268
Man we missed out on Pryor Vs Leonard. Drugs and Leonard running from Hawk time.

Duran Lightweight

Pryor Light welterweight
+3   

1 month ago '14        #17
SHOWnPROVE 
Props total: 1126 1 K  Slaps total: 279 279
Sugar Ray Robinson
+2   

1 month ago '17        #18
bossflossy 
Props total: 7237 7 K  Slaps total: 580 580
135- whitaker
140- mayweather
147-leonard
154- hearns
+2   

1 month ago '22        #19
japapow639 
Props total: 164 164  Slaps total: 15 15
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

Last edited by japapow639; 05-28-2022 at 08:33 AM..

1 month ago '08        #20
RustyLorcin 
Props total: 3168 3 K  Slaps total: 2174 2 K
135 Duran. (most impressive run ever at the weight and moved up 2 weight classes and beat the 147 champ in his prime)

140 Kostya Tszu/Pryor/Chavez/Whitaker. (No real strong hold here. It depends on your biases)

147 Sugar Ray Robinson. (Resume speaks for himself)

154 Tommy Hearns. (Hard to beat at this weight)

160 Monzon. ( Hard to beat at this weight. The argument against Hagler was he fought small f*ghters who came up in weight. Hagler should've been a 154lb f*ghter and I would take Monzon to whoop him at 160)
+3   

1 month ago '08        #21
RustyLorcin 
Props total: 3168 3 K  Slaps total: 2174 2 K
 Jimmy Serrano said
In my opinion yes. De La Hoya vs Pernell was extremely close and Pernell had Oscar looking dumb at times swinging at air. I also think Pernell was a little past his prime in 97

De La Hoya was also in close f*ghts with Mosley. I considered Mosley to be an elite athlete with good boxing skills but never in Floyds class in my opinion. Floyd was an elite athlete and had elite skills

Trinidad was very good but not great. BHop noticed that Felix had to set his feet to throw a punch and took advantage of that. While Hopkins was a lot bigger, with that f*ght being at middleweight, he also had a significant boxing iq advantage and i think Floyd was an even smarter boxer then Hopkins was. He would have had Felix missing and getting countered all might

Making someone swing and miss, but you don't hit him back is not effective.

Oscar is a weirdo, but he won that f*ght. You gotta remember that making someone miss, but you don't hit him back in the process counts as zero.

In fact if you f*ght someone and you're constantly throwing and the offense makes it where the other dude can't punch you back, and you're cutting off the ring on him. You're likely winning even if he's moving around evading you.

It's prize f*ghting.

1 month ago '13        #22
Slickster90 
Props total: 2502 2 K  Slaps total: 254 254
135- Duran...ferocious and he could "box" ask Leonard and Hagler...wasn't just some brawler...idk if Floyd/Sweet Pea could handle that for 15 rounds...

140- Aaron Pryor...Floyd didn't stay at 140 for that long so can't rank him very high here. Same as Whitaker...Pryor's work rate would definitely give them fits. I do recall an old Floyd interview where he said if he could f*ght anyone from the past it would be Pryor. Thought that was interesting.

147- I'm going with Ray Charles Leonard because I didn't see Robinson. Lot of Robinson's 147 career isn't on film if I remember correctly. Floyd certainly could beat Leonard but idk if his workrate would be high enough to win on points...he could give Ray a lotta trouble for sure though. But Leonard would be just as fast and could punch. But most boxing historians will go with the original Sugar.

154 -Hitman Hearns

160- Marvelous...didn't see Monzon. Fan of Bernard Hopkins but during his reign the Middleweights weren't very good. Not his fault but it is what it is. Best wins at 160 are blown up welterweights. Bernard could present problems for Hagler but could also see Marvin wearing him down, and if not at least being busier. I like BHop's toughness, dirtiness, and defensive game but he sure could make some f*ghts ugly and boring at times lol.
+2   

1 month ago '21        #23
MollyINmylean 
Props total: 1423 1 K  Slaps total: 359 359
Floyd over everyone at 130 - 147, except SRR
Duran is the man also though
160 - 168 Hagler and Roy Jones Jr

1 month ago '06        #24
louielou 
Props total: 6149 6 K  Slaps total: 479 479

+1   

1 month ago '11        #25
MACADEMICS 
Props total: 13678 13 K  Slaps total: 1140 1 K
 Tha TC said
I always thoughts Floyd was perfect at 140. Still quick and strong at the weight.

Big fan of Marlon Starling at 147.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  34
Real life Multiverse may be opened on July 5th…
110 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Jun 29 - couple buys house in seattle......comcast wanted to charge $27000 for..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+24online now  16
Video inside This the new wave with jewelry…
106 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+54online now  8
Video inside Rare: 50 cent freestyle before the shooting
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy