The Time They Tried To Literally* K!ll Floyd Mayweather ! [+Full Story]

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '22        #1
1557 page views
11 comments

Roxicodone30MG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 424 424  Slaps total: 89 89
The Time They Tried To Literally* K!ll Floyd Mayweather ! [+Full Story]

FLOYD MAYWEATHER's bodyguard was shot protecting the retired boxing star from a "targeted" drive-by shooting that left him with a horrific wound.
Greg La Rosa, 39, recounted how he took a bullet to the leg while traveling in a convoy to a hotel in Atlanta, Georgia with Mayweather on April 9, 2018.

The Money Team (TMT) security member said he was driving one of three vehicles in a convoy carrying the boxer and his entourage back to their hotel after an appearance at the Medusa nightclub. "I guess Floyd had put the event on his Instagram page," La Rosa said. "It was a pre-planned party appearance."

La Rosa said there were "no issues" inside the club and described the evening as a "great night". Mayweather stayed inside the club for a little over an hour before leaving to head back to the InterContinental Hotel.
The "ambush" happened as the convoy made a left turn towards the hotel's valet, La Rosa said.

"All I heard was a big bang on the side of the car," he recounted. "It almost sounded like a car accident, or as if someone had grabbed a baseball bat and hit the side of the car as hard as they could."

La Rosa said he didn't realize that shots were being fired initially. After a few seconds, however, he dropped down in his seat and clamored for cover.

"It was an absolute ambush," he said. "You don’t know where it’s coming from. And as I was going down between the seats, I felt one go into my leg on the inside of my left leg.

"Honestly it didn’t hurt, but in my head, I knew I was shot. I said, 'Guys, I’m hit.'"

In total, police say 12 shots were fired at Mayweather's convoy. In a press release at the time, Atlanta PD said the shooting was "not random" and appeared to be targeted. La Rosa was the only one injured. He was rushed to the hospital by other members of the TMT security team.

The bodyguard said he was in shock when he arrived in hospital, taking the situation "lightly" as they rushed him into a room on a gurney and placed a heart monitor on him. As time went on, La Rosa said the wound started to hurt.

"I felt as if my leg was in a meat grinder," he said.

"The bullet was deep in my leg but had come out. I think the way it came out is that the bullet mushroomed as it hit the metal to go through the door and it hit my leg and went into my leg with my pant leg and my sock there.

"So as I pulled it up to look, I think I pulled it out," he continued. "I had a big hole there."

'IT WAS TARGETED'
La Rosa, who describes his relationship with Mayweather as "brotherly" and "close", said the 15-time world title winner called him immediately when he heard that he'd been shot.

"He told me, 'Greg, they told me you got hit. Are you OK?' He was obviously scared and nervous. I said, 'I'm good. Just get your stuff and get out of here.'"

La Rosa said Mayweather was insistent that he wanted to come to the hospital and see him.

"I said, 'Do this for me and don't come right now,'" La Rosa said. "I didn’t want him there because that would mean that he was exposed, and I didn’t know who else was there."

La Rosa said he'd "put money" on the shooting being targeted.

"We’re a peaceful bunch. With the exception of when Floyd does his f*ghts, it’s promotional," he said. "That’s not street stuff, that’s promotional business.

"It’s just sad to see that people are willing to take people’s lives over stuff like that." La Rosa recovered from his injuries without any lasting effects but still has a large scar.

Police released a video of the shooting back in 2018, showing a red Dodge Durango pulling up alongside Mayweather's convoy at an intersection and opening fire. The vehicle sped away from the scene after firing 12 rounds. No arrests were made.

La Rosa said he's been working as part of Mayweather's security detail for the last eight years.

Describing the role as a "365 day a year, seven days a week, 24 hours a day type job", his work as part of the TMT entourage has taken him all across the US and beyond, including the Maldives and the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.

He first encountered Floyd after being employed to work for him for a BET event in Miami in 2013. La Rosa said he was one of seven or eight other bodyguards drafted in for the gig. But after his work was done, La Rosa said Floyd approached him with a stack of cash and said, "I need you to stay with me."

"The other guys, none of them stayed. So I guess I did something impressive," he mused. In the near-decade since, La Rosa said he and Floyd have forged a "super close" relationship. "We're like brothers," he said. "More like a family relationship than a boss and employee."

Working for Floyd varies on a day-to-day basis, La Rosa says, but he described the decorated and undefeated boxer as a kind and humble person, in contrast to the flashy and larger-than-life persona he often projects in the media.

"Floyd likes to experience regular stuff," he said. "He doesn’t like high-class restaurants. We go to – he calls them hole in the walls. He loves that kind of stuff.

"We just go to normal restaurants and sit at normal tables. They’re like, 'do you want the back room?' He says 'No. We’ll sit right there.'"

La Rosa continued: "He likes to feel as normal as possible. Now that I’ve known him for so long, he’s nothing else but a regular guy. …He’s not high maintenance at all.

"Floyd’s is very different than other celebrities. I’m not saying all other celebrities are, but there are many that are.

He also lets us - we went to Bora Bora, Maldives, stuff like that, he doesn’t get us rooms off to the side. We have the rooms that are on the water which cost six or seven thousand dollars a night sometimes those rooms.image

"So we’re experiencing what like an NBA star or something would experience."

La Rosa said he wishes others could experience what it's like to be a bodyguard for a major star, but insisted it's not all fun, games, and expensive dinners - as the shooting in April 2018 demonstrated.

+19   

best
worst
11 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
nyctoneworleans  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 29546 29 K  Slaps total: 2715 2 K

+11   

1 month ago '15        #3
Mtyjoejnblkblnd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57144 57 K  Slaps total: 6937 6 K
Too much hate out here. Imagine trying to take a life?
+6   

1 month ago '21        #4
The Chosen One 
Props total: 10411 10 K  Slaps total: 4226 4 K
 Roxicodone30MG said
FLOYD MAYWEATHER's bodyguard was shot protecting the retired boxing star from a "targeted" drive-by shooting that left him with a horrific wound.
Greg La Rosa, 39, recounted how he took a bullet to the leg while traveling in a convoy to a hotel in Atlanta, Georgia with Mayweather on April 9, 2018.

The Money Team (TMT) security member said he was driving one of three vehicles in a convoy carrying the boxer and his entourage back to their hotel after an appearance at the Medusa nightclub. "I guess Floyd had put the event on his Instagram page," La Rosa said. "It was a pre-planned party appearance."

La Rosa said there were "no issues" inside the club and described the evening as a "great night". Mayweather stayed inside the club for a little over an hour before leaving to head back to the InterContinental Hotel.
The "ambush" happened as the convoy made a left turn towards the hotel's valet, La Rosa said.

"All I heard was a big bang on the side of the car," he recounted. "It almost sounded like a car accident, or as if someone had grabbed a baseball bat and hit the side of the car as hard as they could."

La Rosa said he didn't realize that shots were being fired initially. After a few seconds, however, he dropped down in his seat and clamored for cover.

"It was an absolute ambush," he said. "You don’t know where it’s coming from. And as I was going down between the seats, I felt one go into my leg on the inside of my left leg.

"Honestly it didn’t hurt, but in my head, I knew I was shot. I said, 'Guys, I’m hit.'"

In total, police say 12 shots were fired at Mayweather's convoy. In a press release at the time, Atlanta PD said the shooting was "not random" and appeared to be targeted. La Rosa was the only one injured. He was rushed to the hospital by other members of the TMT security team.

The bodyguard said he was in shock when he arrived in hospital, taking the situation "lightly" as they rushed him into a room on a gurney and placed a heart monitor on him. As time went on, La Rosa said the wound started to hurt.

"I felt as if my leg was in a meat grinder," he said.

"The bullet was deep in my leg but had come out. I think the way it came out is that the bullet mushroomed as it hit the metal to go through the door and it hit my leg and went into my leg with my pant leg and my sock there.

"So as I pulled it up to look, I think I pulled it out," he continued. "I had a big hole there."

'IT WAS TARGETED'
La Rosa, who describes his relationship with Mayweather as "brotherly" and "close", said the 15-time world title winner called him immediately when he heard that he'd been shot.

"He told me, 'Greg, they told me you got hit. Are you OK?' He was obviously scared and nervous. I said, 'I'm good. Just get your stuff and get out of here.'"

La Rosa said Mayweather was insistent that he wanted to come to the hospital and see him.

"I said, 'Do this for me and don't come right now,'" La Rosa said. "I didn’t want him there because that would mean that he was exposed, and I didn’t know who else was there."

La Rosa said he'd "put money" on the shooting being targeted.

"We’re a peaceful bunch. With the exception of when Floyd does his f*ghts, it’s promotional," he said. "That’s not street stuff, that’s promotional business.

"It’s just sad to see that people are willing to take people’s lives over stuff like that." La Rosa recovered from his injuries without any lasting effects but still has a large scar.

Police released a video of the shooting back in 2018, showing a red Dodge Durango pulling up alongside Mayweather's convoy at an intersection and opening fire. The vehicle sped away from the scene after firing 12 rounds. No arrests were made.

La Rosa said he's been working as part of Mayweather's security detail for the last eight years.

Describing the role as a "365 day a year, seven days a week, 24 hours a day type job", his work as part of the TMT entourage has taken him all across the US and beyond, including the Maldives and the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.

He first encountered Floyd after being employed to work for him for a BET event in Miami in 2013. La Rosa said he was one of seven or eight other bodyguards drafted in for the gig. But after his work was done, La Rosa said Floyd approached him with a stack of cash and said, "I need you to stay with me."

"The other guys, none of them stayed. So I guess I did something impressive," he mused. In the near-decade since, La Rosa said he and Floyd have forged a "super close" relationship. "We're like brothers," he said. "More like a family relationship than a boss and employee."

Working for Floyd varies on a day-to-day basis, La Rosa says, but he described the decorated and undefeated boxer as a kind and humble person, in contrast to the flashy and larger-than-life persona he often projects in the media.

"Floyd likes to experience regular stuff," he said. "He doesn’t like high-class restaurants. We go to – he calls them hole in the walls. He loves that kind of stuff.

"We just go to normal restaurants and sit at normal tables. They’re like, 'do you want the back room?' He says 'No. We’ll sit right there.'"

La Rosa continued: "He likes to feel as normal as possible. Now that I’ve known him for so long, he’s nothing else but a regular guy. …He’s not high maintenance at all.

"Floyd’s is very different than other celebrities. I’m not saying all other celebrities are, but there are many that are.

He also lets us - we went to Bora Bora, Maldives, stuff like that, he doesn’t get us rooms off to the side. We have the rooms that are on the water which cost six or seven thousand dollars a night sometimes those rooms.

"So we’re experiencing what like an NBA star or something would experience."

La Rosa said he wishes others could experience what it's like to be a bodyguard for a major star, but insisted it's not all fun, games, and expensive dinners - as the shooting in April 2018 demonstrated.

The suspects were obviously envious and jealous hating a*s C@@ns that can't stand to see another black man doing better than them.
+8   

1 month ago '15        #5
EnigmaticPigeon 
Props total: 69557 69 K  Slaps total: 2746 2 K

+3   

1 month ago '22        #6
usafveteran  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 3706 3 K  Slaps total: 275 275
I wonder if he still works with him. I can only imagine what Floyd spends on security yearly.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #7
riga89 
Props total: 1181 1 K  Slaps total: 103 103
It comes with the territory. Floyd is a superstar and a black superstar and is therefore even more of a target. It really seems like the city of Atlanta is always on some bullsh*t. Ray Lewis was attacked and had to fend for his life and Floyd was a target. For what? Jealously? People don't want to work and want to take a shortcut while these guys work relentlessly and sacrificed so much for their craft?

Man, listen. That's why when people talk politics with me I barely pay attention. I vote my way and move on. No time for bullsh*t that I can't make money off or improve my lifestyle.

I have yet to meet Floyd but hope to one day. The dude deserves nothing but awe when it comes to his career. Boxers ARE NOT choir boys. Understand that! It takes a certain savage to get in between those ropes and perform like a skilled surgeon operating at the highest ability while someone is trying to take your head off.

Hats off Floyd, the real fans like myself love and respect you.
+5   

1 month ago '18        #8
monstar 
Props total: 1467 1 K  Slaps total: 205 205
The hotel thing makes a lot sense because lot of big superstars get the fancy suites when traveling why put your staff on the other side of the resort or floors below you when you need them you want them as close as possible in the next room or whatever even if it means it’ll cost more money

I remember one of Floyd’s security bi*ching about the pay when I met him he said Floyd was generous and cheap at the same time depending on his mood at the time there was no set salary but sometimes they would get random stacks of cash or when Floyd was shopping they’d get clothes, watches, jewelery too so sometimes if they didn’t get paid in a while they would Bring it up and he would either give them some money or he would say didn’t I just get you a Rolex the other week depending on how he was feeling
So there was a high turnover rate

He also had a large entourage one guy just for carrying a duffel bag of cash another guy who’s job was to carry Floyd’s personal silverware for eating

Floyd a cool dude though but he is really short like Kevin hart size
+1   

1 month ago '22        #9
Roxicodone30MG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 The Chosen One said
The suspects were obviously envious and jealous hating a*s C@@ns that can't stand to see another black man doing better than them.
" I feel u but Floyd shows off too much. fu*k him he gotta go. " -Haters Across America a*sociation

Last edited by Roxicodone30MG; 05-28-2022 at 04:08 AM..
+3   

1 month ago '22        #10
Roxicodone30MG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 riga89 said
It comes with the territory. Floyd is a superstar and a black superstar and is therefore even more of a target. It really seems like the city of Atlanta is always on some bullsh*t. Ray Lewis was attacked and had to fend for his life and Floyd was a target. For what? Jealously? People don't want to work and want to take a shortcut while these guys work relentlessly and sacrificed so much for their craft?

Man, listen. That's why when people talk politics with me I barely pay attention. I vote my way and move on. No time for bullsh*t that I can't make money off or improve my lifestyle.

I have yet to meet Floyd but hope to one day. The dude deserves nothing but awe when it comes to his career. Boxers ARE NOT choir boys. Understand that! It takes a certain savage to get in between those ropes and perform like a skilled surgeon operating at the highest ability while someone is trying to take your head off.

Hats off Floyd, the real fans like myself love and respect you.
I aint gon lie beloved i like how Floyd can spot SNAKES IN THE GRASS unlike say...a Mike Tyson who never knew his true worth. I aint gon lie to u i stopped watchin boxing when Roy Jones got knocked out lol. I really like that dude too.
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #11
TheKastOne 
Props total: 1912 1 K  Slaps total: 164 164
This actually made me see Floyd a little differently. I couldn't really stand him but his security seems like an honest dude.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #12
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 31880 31 K  Slaps total: 4569 4 K
 The Chosen One said
Really? That's what you got from that. No one saw the shooter. Coulda been a cartel, asian gang or some European wanting to take him out so another boxer could prosper.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+183online now  30
Video inside Kevin Samuels - He accepted the harsh truth 🤷🏾*♂&..
170 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+26online now  22
Video inside Woman exposes her son's Father for only feeding his son
345 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+36online now  19
Video inside The Euphrates River is Drying Up, is the Prophecy True?
73 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+77online now  17
Video inside "i never wanted it!!!" rockwilder breaks into tears over the effects fa..
113 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy