May 26 - Ted Cruz Storms Out When Asked Why School Shootings Only Happen in America

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '18        #1
4013 page views
152 comments

DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 83920 83 K  Slaps total: 8436 8 K
May 26 - Ted Cruz Storms Out When Asked Why School Shootings Only Happen in America

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) abruptly walked off from a British journalist’s questions about gun violence in America two days after an elementary school massacre in his state left 19 children and two adults dead.

Cruz, who is due to appear at a National Rifle a*sociation convention this weekend, became incensed when pressed on gun laws and why mass shootings “only happen in America.”

Cruz was attending a vigil for the victims of the Robb Elementary School shooting when he was grilled by Sky News reporter Mark Stone about overhauling gun laws in the U.S. The senator began by dismissing calls for reform by saying “It’s easy to go to politics.” He added: “The proposals the Democrats have? None of them would have stopped this.” (Cruz had earlier called to “harden schools” by fitting in new bulletproof glass and only having “one door into and out of the school” during a Fox News interview.)

But when Stone asked why there was an “American exceptionalism” when it comes to mass shootings, Cruz decided to wrap things up in a hurry. “I’m sorry you think American exceptionalism is awful,” he said, patting the reporter on the chest, adding: “You know what? You’ve got your political agenda, God love you,” before walking away from the TV crew.

Stone went after Cruz, saying he “can’t answer” why mass shootings are a uniquely American problem. Visibly angry, Cruz replied: “Why is it that people come from all over the world to America? ‘Cause it’s the freest, most prosperous, safest country on earth. Stop being a propagandist,” before heading for the exit once again.

Cruz was at the vigil alongside Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who is also still set to appear at the NRA’s annual meeting in Houston this week. The pair have faced calls to withdraw from the event—which will also host former President Donald Trump—including from Abbott’s gubernatorial Democratic election rival Beto O’Rourke. O’Rourke was thrown out of a press conference Wednesday after he heckled Abbott and Cruz for “doing nothing” to prevent school shootings. “Somebody needs to stand up for the children of this state or they will continue to be k*lled just like they were k*lled in Uvalde yesterday,” O’Rourke was heard saying before his ejection. Daniel Defense, the manufacturer of one of the weapons used in the Texas mass k*lling, has withdrawn from the NRA convention.

The massacre at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde on Tuesday is the worst school shooting in the U.S. since the massacre at Sandy Hook in Connecticut in 2012. Just days after his 18th birthday, the Uvalde gunman had legally bought two AR-15-style rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition a week before the slaughter.

visit this link https://www.thedailybeast .. ticles&via=rss

Ted Cruz is the biggest piece of sh*t on the senate.
+52   

best
worst
152 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x84
Props total: 176672 176 K  Slaps total: 22253 22 K
Wow the f*g**t tried to deflect and wouldn't answer the question sincerely, what a real piece of sh*t

I can't imagine being one of those parents of the victims
+46   

1 month ago '17        #3
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 228250 228 K  Slaps total: 18330 18 K
That a*shat really had the nerve to say America is the safest place. Ask the family members and friends of people who've died in mass shootings how safe this country is. I just need one 5 minute round with him. Just one.

+53   

1 month ago '17        #4
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 107511 107 K  Slaps total: 35960 35 K
He can't upset his donors. Corporate money over people, it's the American way.
+45   

1 month ago '12        #5
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 205088 205 K  Slaps total: 11883 11 K
Howcome he didn't detail his proposals?

And he couldn't answer the question cause he knows as long as he wants to stay paid the most important thing that needs to happen is what's already been happening. This is simply the best the country can offer it's people in it's current state, it's wired and built for murder

I always wonder how republicans in the 90s handled the conservative Supreme Court Justice Burger used to call the 2nd Amendment fraud, and for the profit of special interest groups:

He k*lled it in less than a minute:

Conservative Justice Stephens used to as well, both are in the clip above

For those of you who hate gays Justice Burger hated gays and wanted them outlawed, but he also thought the 2A was manipulated for the gain of for profit organizations.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 05-26-2022 at 11:39 AM..
+14   

1 month ago '20        #6
I Know  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 9979 9 K  Slaps total: 13917 13 K
The homicide rate of and by school aged children is far worse in many other countries.

As far as why USA schools are an opportunistic location for shootings is primarily influenced by gangs and individual disputes that escalate.

Random school mass shooting are the nationwide headliners but the actual rarity of school shootings.

The USA school drop out rate is nothing to boast about but nothing like these countries with higher youth homicides.

What kinda answer was that reporter fishing for?

School shootings are higher in the USA because youth have more “fluid” access to guns legally or illegally than other countries?

If so numbers like this don’t fit that narrative well.

The violent crime offending rate has declined 66%from 17 crimes per 1,000 juveniles ages 12–17 in 2005 to 6 crimes per 1,000 in 2019.

Last edited by I Know; 05-26-2022 at 12:27 PM..

1 month ago '10        #7
Blue  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9833 9 K  Slaps total: 665 665
 Naga Sadow said
That a*shat really had the nerve to say America is the safest place. Ask the family members and friends of people who've died in mass shootings how safe this country is. I just need one 5 minute round with him. Just one.

the safest place? wtf

with this mental health crisis going on in america he must be talking about the 10% that don't have to engage with common folk.

1 month ago '04        #8
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 41601 41 K  Slaps total: 9030 9 K
 I Know said
The homicide rate of and by school aged children is far worse in many other countries.

As far as why USA schools are an opportunistic location for shootings is primarily influenced by gangs and individual disputes that escalate.

Random school mass shooting are the nationwide headliners but the actual rarity of school shootings.

The USA school drop out rate is nothing to boast about but nothing like these countries with higher youth homicides.

School shootings are higher in the USA because youth have more “fluid” access to guns legally or illegally than other countries?

The violent crime offending rate has declined 66%from 17 crimes per 1,000 juveniles ages 12–17 in 2005 to 6 crimes per 1,000 in 2019.

I mean if you want to compare the US to Guatemala or Honduras or El Salvador then

But not if you compare it to Australia, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Russia, China, Japan, S. Korea, or any of the Nordic regions, etc.

Fluid access to guns can be curbed through many reasonable efforts:
A) prohibit anyone under 21 from buying a gun
B) standardize gun regulations nationwide
C) require tax stamps for a*sault style weapons with more than 5rd capacity
D) prohibit buying guns for anyone with mental history just like domestic violence
E) Implement red flag laws nationwide

As a responsible gun owner myself, there is a plethora of things that can be done to curb this epidemic

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 05-26-2022 at 01:16 PM..
+32   

1 month ago '11        #9
Ant O 
Props total: 31443 31 K  Slaps total: 2765 2 K
As a gun owner......it's way past time for comprehensive gun laws.
+30   

1 month ago '16        #10
Toast2the  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 60455 60 K  Slaps total: 8932 8 K
 I Know said

Who are you? 99% of the time you speak/type like you didn’t make it past 4th grade or English is a 2nd language

But in this post you’re speaking more eloquently than god dam Morgan Freeman

Very weird very weird

1 month ago '17        #11
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 29007 29 K  Slaps total: 15789 15 K
 I Know said

checkmate

1 month ago '05        #12
projectd06 
Props total: 38373 38 K  Slaps total: 8851 8 K
It's anti-american to acknowledge issues with the country to some people.
+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #13
BLACK FIST 
Props total: 62960 62 K  Slaps total: 9664 9 K
fu*k ted cruz!!!!
+31   

1 month ago '05        #14
fatrenzo 
Props total: 7275 7 K  Slaps total: 388 388
To play off a quote from Ice Cube....

The Senate as a whole is 'one big sh*t'.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #15
projectd06 
Props total: 38373 38 K  Slaps total: 8851 8 K
 I Know said

Whole bunch of stupid here lol
+15   

1 month ago '17        #16
Mperfection 
Props total: 16132 16 K  Slaps total: 1557 1 K
I know senators get six year terms and the memory of the public is short, but Texas needs to explain why this fu*king worm is a senator. Like seriously, I see why people hate politics. It's not the best or brightest it's the slimeball who kissed the most a*s and has the most dirt on people that gets elected.

Texas politics have been in the dirt since the time they joined the union. This isn't an exaggeration at all. Just research some of those old elections like Lyndon B Johnson winning his senator seat by 82 votes... a foul place, deeply set in its ways.
+10   

1 month ago '20        #17
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
I mean if you want to compare the US to Guatemala or Honduras or El Salvador then

But not if you compare it to Australia, UK, France, Spain, any of the Nordic regions, etc.

Fluid access to guns can be curbed through many reasonable efforts:
A) prohibit anyone under 21 from buying a gun
B) standardize gun regulations nationwide
C) require tax stamps for a*sault style weapons with more than 5rd capacity
D) prohibit buying guns for anyone with mental history just like domestic violence
E) Implement red flag laws nationwide

As a responsible gun owner myself, there is a plethora of things that can be done to curb this epidemic

Moving the age up to 21 is a lil tricky because at the age of 18 you can “legally” live on your own.

Maybe age of 21 for semi automatic and fully automatic guns. But still a lil tricky but a lil more manageable.

Don’t really support these mandatory minimums for simple possession.

Understood people have fu*ked up and it’s a means of a deterrent but that doesn’t make they life less in danger with self defense or home protection with a firearm not an option than others.

Know it’s not going to change for the better just making it worse ain’t a solution either. Cali is a prime example of that. Or even New York.

No doubt there are solutions/compromises. Figuring out the actual dialogue / compromise instead of demanding to enforce over the top sh*t is the dilemma.

Those “safe” places you named ain’t perfect either.

There’s solutions without gettin like them with how they handle guns

1 month ago '06        #18
jj01 
Props total: 35204 35 K  Slaps total: 10822 10 K
This state is an abomination and morons dont care or only want their guns. That's why his base wins bc ppl arent registered to vote or only want their guns. fu*k him and hoteheels for life.
+5   

1 month ago '20        #19
 projectd06 said
Whole bunch of stupid here lol
How are people / families able to migrate here but y’all be acting like y’all the ones stuck here

1 month ago '19        #20
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 22322 22 K  Slaps total: 5056 5 K
School shootings don't only happen in America

1 month ago '04        #21
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 41601 41 K  Slaps total: 9030 9 K
 I Know said
Moving the age up to 21 is a lil tricky because at the age of 18 you can “legally” live on your own.

Maybe age of 21 for semi automatic and fully automatic guns. But still a lil tricky but a lil more manageable.

Don’t really support these mandatory minimums for simple possession.

Understood people have fu*ked up and it’s a means of a deterrent but that doesn’t make they life less in danger with self defense or home protection with a firearm not an option than others.

Know it’s not going to change for the better just making it worse ain’t a solution either. Cali is a prime example of that. Or even New York.

No doubt there are solutions/compromises. Figuring out the actual dialogue / compromise instead of demanding to enforce over the top sh*t is the dilemma.

Those “safe” places you named ain’t perfect either.

There’s solutions without gettin like them with how they handle guns
I struggled with the age thing too because you can go to war at 18

But still, you can't buy beer until 21. So I don't think it's that big of deal to make it that age for firearms too. Even more so because most of these emotional bi*ches that shoot up schools are young and dumb. The idea is that mmmmaybe by 21 they're mature enough to get over their sh*t. Not saying it's the end all be all but would have stopped this particular event.

I think standardization is key. You can look at this map

And see how all over the board we are. I live in CO so I'm preconceived to our laws and I think they're actually pretty good.

Interesting to see IL which has some of the strictest laws have situations like the south side of Chicago and the murder rate there. Which highlights that laws by themselves don't stop gun violence. But enforcement does. If we standardized all states and actually had harsher penalties for gun related crimes that actually stuck, I think we'd affect the amount of gun violence we see in this country.

Notably that the majority of gun violence isn't with these mass school shootings. But a normal weekend night during the summer with primarily handguns
+2   

1 month ago '05        #22
bklyn 
Props total: 6172 6 K  Slaps total: 3235 3 K
As a gun owner, I dont see why I need to get rid of my guns because someone went crazy with one. Drugs are banned and yet in every state you can buy any of the banned drugs. USA has a war on drugs, but the government cant stop them from coming in. Why would anyone believe that same government could stop guns from being smuggled and sold.

Crimminals will have guns when they break into your home, and then a law abiding citizen like me wouldn't have the guns in my home because of the silly proposal. Government can't protect me and my family.

1 month ago '05        #23
ceo-of-hucworld 
Props total: 22525 22 K  Slaps total: 1754 1 K
Ted Cruz, Marjorie Taylor Green, Herschel Walker, Mitch McConnell, Nikki Haley, Candice Owens are some of the worst humans to ever grace my TV.
+5   

1 month ago '10        #24
ElevateOne 
Props total: 5244 5 K  Slaps total: 513 513
 I Know said
the right does not want to compromise, sh*t Texas has gone the other way and made it easier to get guns

if they don't compromise they gonna lose more in the end...

the next generation is growing up with mass shooter drills, experiencing mass shooter tragedies

when they get to power, they gonna be like y'all ain't do sh*t, we taking all the guns away

"no guns for you"

+2   

1 month ago '05        #25
That Dude 
Props total: 15965 15 K  Slaps total: 1838 1 K
 Naga Sadow said

What a piece of sh*t. I would relish a 5 min round with him. American "journalists" can learn a lesson or two from this British reporter.

Ted Cruz is a bought puppet paid for and bought by the NRA and the rest of his donors. A soulless human being.

Some one should go to his daughters private school and do the same. Then we'll see how laws change
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  12
Got a Tesla to match my Tesla
72 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  10
AEWxNJPW Forbidden Door 6/26/22
931 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  7
Youtube channel recommendations?
92 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+41online now  3
OT USA sprinter, Noah Lyles, clowns heavily favored, Erri..
77 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy