Ps4 & ps5 saved sony

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '21        #1
578 page views
22 comments

Henri  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 10866 10 K  Slaps total: 4161 4 K
Ps4 & ps5 saved sony

Made them profitable
+7   

best
worst
22 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31459 31 K  Slaps total: 9337 9 K
+1   

1 month ago '12        #3
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70803 70 K  Slaps total: 12329 12 K
The Ps4 did. The Ps5 just continuing the excellence. The PS4 has arguablly greatest game catalogue for a system in gaming history. Horizon Dawn, God Of War, LOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Days gone, Spiderman, Bloodborne, FF7 remake, Uncharted, Persona 5, Street f*ghter, Detroit, Grand Turismo and those are just exclusives.

Last edited by TrillSwag; 05-25-2022 at 09:23 PM..
+11   

1 month ago '21        #4
Henri  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20 OP
 TrillSwag said
The Ps4 did. The Ps5 just continuing the excellence. The PS4 has arguablly greatest game catalogue for a system in gaming history. Horizon Dawn, God Of War, LOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Days gone, Spiderman, Bloodborne, Uncharted, Persona 5, Street f*ghter, Detroit, Grand Turismo and those are just exclusives.
It rivals the ps2 but ps2 still the goat in great games
+7   

1 month ago '12        #5
 Henri said
It rivals the ps2 but ps2 still the goat in great games
I personally feel like nostalgia and doing it first gives the catalogue a biased view. Compare the top 20 exclusives and top 20 non exclusives and the comparison isnt close imo. But without PS2 laying the groundwork the ps4 era wouldnt be as strong so its a hard to make any fair comparison
+3   

1 month ago '17        #6
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 228250 228 K  Slaps total: 18330 18 K
The PS3 lost Sony around $5B as a whole. Between their failed investment into the Cell architecture, tanking electronics business, and their arrogance, Sony was in deep trouble. Their share were ranked as junk status and they had to sell off a bunch of properties to keep the doors open.
+1   

1 month ago '21        #7
Henri  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20 OP
 Naga Sadow said
The PS3 lost Sony around $5B as a whole. Between their failed investment into the Cell architecture, tanking electronics business, and their arrogance, Sony was in deep trouble. Their share were ranked as junk status and they had to sell off a bunch of properties to keep the doors open.
Yeah the ps3 era was terrible for them
+5   

1 month ago '12        #8
 Naga Sadow said
Yeah the Ps3 was a major disappointment especially after arguably the goat system ps2. I think they just got too complacent. Because they came right back super GOAT level on the 4.
+2   

1 month ago '22        #9
Alaric  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 5246 5 K  Slaps total: 1500 1 K
Forreal ps4 saved them
+2   

1 month ago '16        #10
aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20492 20 K  Slaps total: 2106 2 K

+1   

1 month ago '04        #11
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10671 10 K  Slaps total: 4183 4 K
 Naga Sadow said
glad they were able to keep a roof over their heads.

let that be a lesson to you pony's dont live beyond your means, forced to sell your selves to avoid homelessness

Last edited by cuzjuan; 05-26-2022 at 08:24 AM..

1 month ago '17        #12
YeahSo 
Props total: 2148 2 K  Slaps total: 322 322
 Naga Sadow said
PS3 was very much ahead of its time. Free online play, 80GBs of storage, and two full generations of backwards compatibility - not to mention the introduction of Blu-Ray - in 2006??

It was far and away the most technologically advanced console of that time. The price tag is what really set them back, but Blu-Ray taking over physical media was probably worth it in the long-run.

Last edited by YeahSo; 05-26-2022 at 11:16 AM..
+4   

1 month ago '16        #13
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 93855 93 K  Slaps total: 10368 10 K
PS4 I’m so glad I transitioned from the 360 to

1 month ago '06        #14
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 111553 111 K  Slaps total: 23427 23 K
 Naga Sadow said
highlights how impressive the PS4/5 eras are
+1   

1 month ago '17        #15
 Skateboard T said
highlights how impressive the PS4/5 eras are
The PS4's greatest win was Microsoft's failure with the unveiling and promotion of the Xbox One. That time they consulted devs about how to design the console to make it easy for them and built a more powerful, easier to program for, and less expensive console than Microsoft did. This vid was the nail in the coffin.

+1   

1 month ago '14        #16
rashadd 
Props total: 31512 31 K  Slaps total: 1969 1 K
 TrillSwag said
I personally feel like nostalgia and doing it first gives the catalogue a biased view. Compare the top 20 exclusives and top 20 non exclusives and the comparison isnt close imo. But without PS2 laying the groundwork the ps4 era wouldnt be as strong so its a hard to make any fair comparison
What am I missing about you saying it’s not even close? Because I’m sitting here thinking that it’s not just nostalgia. What are you basing the comparisons off of b/c I’m skimming through a list of ps2 games and it’s a lot of great games.

1 month ago '12        #17
 rashadd said
What am I missing about you saying its not even close? Because Im sitting here thinking that its not just nostalgia. What are you basing the comparisons off of b/c Im skimming through a list of ps2 games and its a lot of great games.

list your top 5 ps2 games

1 month ago '14        #18
rashadd 
 TrillSwag said
list your top 5 ps2 games
The thing would be my top 5 ps2 games might not be the most successful or overall considered the best of that era. So again I ask what is your reasoning to say the ps4 era was better than the ps2's ... sales or saying that ps4 had better games b/c again I'm looking at the ps2 list and alot of good games were dropped during that era. And I don't think it's just nostalgia

1 month ago '11        #19
Gamemusic 
Props total: 13126 13 K  Slaps total: 1075 1 K
 Naga Sadow said
The PS4's greatest win was Microsoft's failure with the unveiling and promotion of the Xbox One. That time they consulted devs about how to design the console to make it easy for them and built a more powerful, easier to program for, and less expensive console than Microsoft did. This vid was the nail in the coffin.

Exactly. M$ got super arrogant and basically handed Sony a dub on a silver platter with two fine bi*ches to serve it. I have a 360 and it's prob in my top 5 systems I've owned, but when they announced the X1 and said you always had to have internet, I think have the kinect always on watching and other sh*t, I was like hell no. Then the Ps4 ended up being cheaper too and though M$ tried to fix what they announced, for alot of people the damage was done.
+2   

1 month ago '12        #20
 rashadd said
The thing would be my top 5 ps2 games might not be the most successful or overall considered the best of that era. So again I ask what is your reasoning to say the ps4 era was better than the ps2's ... sales or saying that ps4 had better games b/c again I'm looking at the ps2 list and alot of good games were dropped during that era. And I don't think it's just nostalgia

What games from the ps2 era can compete with God Of War,Horizon Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima, RDR2, Spiderman, Last Of Us 2, ff7 remake,Days gone, Re7, Detroit, Persona 5? The top games on ps4 sh*t all over the top games on p2 imo

1 month ago '17        #21
 Gamemusic said
Exactly. M$ got super arrogant and basically handed Sony a dub on a silver platter with two fine bi*ches to serve it. I have a 360 and it's prob in my top 5 systems I've owned, but when they announced the X1 and said you always had to have internet, I think have the kinect always on watching and other sh*t, I was like hell no. Then the Ps4 ended up being cheaper too and though M$ tried to fix what they announced, for alot of people the damage was done.
Microsoft earned getting dusted last console generation. They had no one to blame but themselves.
+1   

1 month ago '14        #22
rashadd 
 TrillSwag said
What games from the ps2 era can compete with God Of War,Horizon Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima, RDR2, Spiderman, Last Of Us 2, ff7 remake,Days gone, Re7, Detroit, Persona 5? The top games on ps4 sh*t all over the top games on p2 imo
Ah okay. Definitely alot of great games I enjoyed on the ps4 but I just feel that ps2 era was different and will probably be something that you can't recreate... and that's no disrespect to what the ps4 has given us.

But to name a couple of my favorites, Gta 3, Gta Vice City, Bully, NBA Streets Vol 2, God of War, God of War 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Gran Turismo 3, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Manhunt, Jak 3, Rachel and Clank (the arsenal one)

And of course the biggest one San Andreas. Although I know it wasn't just ps2. Also I was looking through a few list and didn't even name alot of what some would consider their favorites.

Here's an example to give a sort of reminder

Last edited by rashadd; 05-26-2022 at 03:32 PM..

1 month ago '12        #23
 rashadd said
Ah okay. Definitely alot of great games I enjoyed on the ps4 but I just feel that ps2 era was different and will probably be something that you can't recreate... and that's no disrespect to what the ps4 has given us.

But to name a couple of my favorites, Gta 3, Gta Vice City, Bully, NBA Streets Vol 2, God of War, God of War 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Gran Turismo 3, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Manhunt, Jak 3, Rachel and Clank (the arsenal one)

And of course the biggest one San Andreas. Although I know it wasn't just ps2. Also I was looking through a few list and didn't even name alot of what some would consider their favorites.

Here's an example to give a sort of reminder

All those games are fire. Looking forward to the Max Payne remakes those games were godly. I get what you mean by it being different because it was groundbreaking what it did. While ps4 is just emulating what they saw works
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  19
AEWxNJPW Forbidden Door 6/26/22
931 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+85online now  18
Got a Tesla to match my Tesla
73 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+41online now  7
OT USA sprinter, Noah Lyles, clowns heavily favored, Erri..
77 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+22online now  4
Youtube channel recommendations?
92 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy