seth green.......bored ape nft collection was stolen

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+39  107
89 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
69 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '09        #1
2347 page views
56 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x85
Props total: 269360 269 K  Slaps total: 28970 28 K
seth green.......bored ape nft collection was stolen

visit this link https://www.ign.com/artic .. oredape-stolen

A user named DarkWing84 now owns the NFT.

Seth Green’s new animated series is apparently in jeopardy after several of his NFTs were stolen.

The upcoming project, White Horse Tavern, based on a BoredApe NFT named Fred Simian, has been in the works for some time, but – per a report from BuzzFeed – it has since been halted as Green technically no longer owns the rights to the character after a phishing scam.

“I bought that ape in July 2021, and have spent the last several months developing and exploiting the IP to make it into the star of this show,” said Green during the Web3 conference, VeeCon. “Then days before — his name is Fred by the way — days before he’s set to make his world debut, he’s literally kidnapped.”

Green’s NFT collection was compromised earlier this month after the actor fell foul of a scam. On May 8, an anonymous scammer managed to nab four of Green’s NFTs, using a phishing scam to trick the actor into parting with his collection. The a*sets lost include his BoredApe, two MutantApes, and a Doodle.

One of the MutantApes was almost instantly traded for around $42,000 while his BoredApe was purchased by a user named DarkWing84 for a staggering $200,000. Green’s animated NFT show is based on a simple concept: “What if your friendly neighborhood bartender was Bored Ape Yacht Club #8398?” It looks as though the answer to that extremely specific question will have to wait.

After losing the NFT, the likeness and usage rights to #8398, or Fred Simian, belong to someone else. That means that Green’s show, at the moment, would violate the copyright of the current holder. Whether or not Green will see the return of his BoredApe remains to be seen, but the actor has already begun publicly pleading with DarkWing84 for the return of his NFT.

“DarkWing84 looks like you bought my stolen ape,” he said via Twitter. “hit me up so we can fix it”

Green has also since commented on the legality of the current owner’s purchase, and what this means for his upcoming show.

“The art was stolen,” he said via Twitter. “A buyer who purchased stolen art with real money and refuses to return it is not legally entitled to exploitation usage of the underlying IP. It’ll go to court, but I’d prefer to meet @DarkWing84 before that. Seems we’d have lots in common.”

Elsewhere, GameStop has officially entered crypto and NFT after creating its own wallet. Meanwhile, several developers have signed an anti-NFT pledge due to the environmental impact of the tech
+4   

best
worst
56 comments

1 month ago '10        #2
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 24072 24 K  Slaps total: 4002 4 K
+21   

1 month ago '04        #3
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33219 33 K  Slaps total: 1568 1 K
oh no!

+13   

1 month ago '18        #4
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 71738 71 K  Slaps total: 15118 15 K
I'm not too informed on NFTs, but I thought the whole point was for sh*t like this to be impossible.
+26   

1 month ago '21        #5
Goongonnaate 
Props total: 199 199  Slaps total: 13 13
 Pastor Ra said
I'm not too informed on NFTs, but I thought the whole point was for sh*t like this to be impossible.
If you literally give someone access to your sh*t there isn’t much you can do. Having someone type in their access code into a form that looks similar to the one they use is undefeated lol
+18   

1 month ago '17        #6
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 154733 154 K  Slaps total: 8813 8 K
 Pastor Ra said

+52   

1 month ago '04        #7
JoeyAvalanche 
Props total: 1474 1 K  Slaps total: 298 298
Damn maybe it was his father Dr Evil?
+13   

1 month ago '05        #8
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 137046 137 K  Slaps total: 42804 42 K
But but ownership

- Bx nft warriors 5 months ago
+12   

1 month ago '16        #9
Harlem2TheBronx 
Props total: 2468 2 K  Slaps total: 169 169
That KG gif always hits.

+15   

1 month ago '20        #10
Chern 
Props total: 803 803  Slaps total: 58 58
Pray for his jpgs
+25   

1 month ago '10        #11
Blue  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10237 10 K  Slaps total: 671 671
 Chern said
Pray for his jpgs
+8   

1 month ago '17        #12
JacobWatch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58265 58 K  Slaps total: 3853 3 K
Lmao

$200k.

n*ggas crazy.

Seth even crazier if he pays him anything near that instead of just creating a new character.
+8   

1 month ago '11        #13
Aces Up 
Props total: 5345 5 K  Slaps total: 171 171
Damn Lyle can't catch a break! First they stole Napster from him while he was napping and now his NFT.

Last edited by Aces Up; 05-25-2022 at 05:08 PM..
+13   

1 month ago '19        #14
mkooner 
Props total: 1172 1 K  Slaps total: 296 296
Lololol he ain't gonna get nothing fixed. No laws or regulations enforce NFTs, he wants it back he's gonna have to pay full price for it.
+7   

1 month ago '07        #15
killahkazi 
Props total: 8179 8 K  Slaps total: 606 606
 CJ Schwarz said

+6   

1 month ago '15        #16
mwtx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 37573 37 K  Slaps total: 5883 5 K
This nft sh*t gets dumber every time I look at it, people really paying 35k for stupid a*s Avis they could just create themself with like a day or less worth of effort in paint.

How is there a future in this? I’m genuinely curious.
+22   

1 month ago '17        #17
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 48556 48 K  Slaps total: 14786 14 K
Imagine falling for a phishing scam in 2022

Even worse. Imagine being technologically proficient enough to own and hold an NFT but still falling for a phishing scam
+15   

1 month ago '18        #18
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 70329 70 K  Slaps total: 4766 4 K
days before he’s set to make his world debut, he’s literally kidnapped.
+4   

1 month ago '19        #19
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 22326 22 K  Slaps total: 5058 5 K
 Pastor Ra said
If it's in a computer it can be hacked
+3   

1 month ago '04        #20
GetEmDaddy902 
Props total: 7898 7 K  Slaps total: 1588 1 K
 Pastor Ra said
no that not the point of NFT's

A non-fungible token (NFT) is a financial security consisting of digital data stored in a blockchain, a form of distributed ledger. The ownership of an NFT is recorded in the blockchain, and can be transferred by the owner, allowing NFTs to be sold and traded

so with this it can be tracked and seen who has it currently who stole it who bought it.

if somebody has access or keys to your NFTs or crypto its basically like having a password or your pin code they can access everything protected by these codes. Its all displayed on a ledger which everyone can see
+2   

1 month ago '21        #21
JT21 
Props total: 8217 8 K  Slaps total: 216 216
Where is @

+5   

1 month ago '04        #22
GetEmDaddy902 
Props total: 7898 7 K  Slaps total: 1588 1 K
 mwtx said
This nft sh*t gets dumber every time I look at it, people really paying 35k for stupid a*s Avis they could just create themself with like a day or less worth of effort in paint.

How is there a future in this? I’m genuinely curious.
you can buy a replica of the mona lisa, but is worth what the real one is ???

you have to test wine, sneakers, clothes, watches, bags, art, collection cards fu*k they even check your 100 dollar bill diamonds and gold to make sure they are legit

now we have blockchain tech and new solutions to solve this .

I agree some of these are trash and I wouldn't pay that for them but people spend money on sh*t they like or feel worth it some people would pay for a jordan rookie card while somebody else would say not my thing but spend crazy money on a watch, next person thinks both ain't sh*t but spends money on high end wine.

with this tech these people can be verify that all are legit and can be traced to the origin of said product. people wont have to verify because the transaction.

So you can save a picture of any of them and use it his price goes up the more its shared and used. but only one person can sell it/trade it. they are buying ownership imagine things like being the first to mint a jordan cryface back in the day or even BX smiles. i know it sounds stupid with alot of these images like you said but the real use case in real life are dope

1 month ago '17        #23
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 48556 48 K  Slaps total: 14786 14 K
 JT21 said
Where is @

He’s under NDA. He’s no longer allowed to legally discuss his insider secrets on the crypto industry
+4   

1 month ago '20        #24
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 29595 29 K  Slaps total: 2128 2 K
 BrooklynDamien said
days before he’s set to make his world debut, he’s literally kidnapped.
Yeah...Sounds Sus...
+2   

1 month ago '12        #25
njrp77 
Props total: 400 400  Slaps total: 83 83
 GetEmDaddy902 said
\I agree some of these are trash and I wouldn't pay that for them but people spend money on sh*t they like or feel worth it some people would pay for a jordan rookie card while somebody else would say not my thing but spend crazy money on a watch, next person thinks both ain't sh*t but spends money on high end wine.
jordan rookie card, watches, and wine are all physical items.. this NFT stuff is stupid they just want everything digital so it is easier to steal from people

is it easier to steal a "NFT" jordan card from someone or an actual physical jordan card?
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  88
Real life Multiverse may be opened on July 5th…
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside NFL 2k update
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  12
[Health] Kevin Samuels a broke guy needs to be working 60 hours a week