Obi-Wan Kenobi Official Thread

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+31  106
67 replies  @wild'ish

section  x2   |  1 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '04        #1
8917 page views
354 comments

Explicit 
Props total: 4678 4 K  Slaps total: 364 364
Obi-Wan Kenobi Official Thread

------------------

Six episode series with the first two episodes coming out this Friday the 27th
+5   

best
worst
354 comments

1 month ago '13        #2
Phenom354 
Props total: 53835 53 K  Slaps total: 3587 3 K
In.

Last edited by Phenom354; 05-25-2022 at 12:30 PM..
+11   

1 month ago '12        #3
ezduzit 
Props total: 61300 61 K  Slaps total: 5802 5 K
You know Vader probably showing up at the end of the 2nd episode
+6   

1 month ago '04        #4
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 58215 58 K  Slaps total: 4220 4 K
I hope they don't fuq this up
+7   

1 month ago '12        #5
OskarDaHippie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 9422 9 K  Slaps total: 1953 1 K

+1   

1 month ago '05        #6
HiRolliN 
Props total: 8029 8 K  Slaps total: 428 428
Ahhh yeah this will be out Friday 12am,

1 month ago '16        #7
aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20548 20 K  Slaps total: 2108 2 K
Star wars always been corny if not for darth Vader..to me

1 month ago '18        #8
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 71733 71 K  Slaps total: 15112 15 K
Chow is directing every episode. She's directed for 3 CW series that i've never watched and Snowfall.

For what I have watched, Mr. Robot, some of the Marvel Netflix series, BCS, and 2 Mandalorian season 1 episodes.

Showrunner - Joby - helped with screenplay for Edge of Tomorrow, wrote Transformers and The Flash that will both drop next year, Army of the Dead from last year.

1 month ago '17        #9
dubsax  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 61845 61 K  Slaps total: 5064 5 K
going to watch clone wars and rebels again.
from what I've read they've relied on both theme wise and both are at the top of the star wars shows/movies

only thing I dont like is age ratings
the mandalorian is 14+
the book of boba fett 12+
this is 9+

Last edited by dubsax; 05-25-2022 at 06:43 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '04        #10
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 49071 49 K  Slaps total: 2136 2 K
In for this - . This should pick up during the Purge. Many of the Jedi that survived order 66 were hunted down later. Some of them even got turned to the dark side so it's gonna be interesting to see how they show that.

I also hope they go back and do some flashbacks.

Yoda trained Dooku trained Qui Gon trained Obi Wan trained Vader.

While the movies focused on Qui Gon as the believer of the prophecies, Qui Gon got this originally from Dooku. Obi Wan and Qui Gon didn't mesh until later on when Qui Gon turned down the Jedi council invitation to keep training Obi Wan and some of the other prohecies that Qui Gon preached about actually started coming true.

Other than the promise made to Qui Gon, The Chosen One Prophecy is the realization of Luke Skywalker.
+7   

1 month ago '17        #11
 eazyvaboy said
In for this - . This should pick up during the Purge. Many of the Jedi that survived order 66 were hunted down later. Some of them even got turned to the dark side so it's gonna be interesting to see how they show that.

While the movies focused on Qui Gon as the believer of the prophecies, Qui Gon got this originally from Dooku. Obi Wan and Qui Gon didn't mesh until later on when Qui Gon turned down the Jedi council invitation to keep training Obi Wan and some of the other prohecies that Qui Gon preached about actually started coming true.

Other than the promise made to Qui Gon, The Chosen One Prophecy is the realization of Luke Skywalker.
Dooku also trained Ventress, who I think would make a great series.

a lot of order 66 and the fall out gets handled in clone wars and bad batch
+4   

1 month ago '04        #12
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 49071 49 K  Slaps total: 2136 2 K
 dubsax said
Dooku also trained Ventress, who I think would make a great series.

a lot of order 66 and the fall out gets handled in clone wars and bad batch
Yeah, that would be a good series. But there were some order 66 fall out that slipped through the cracks of Clone Wars and Bad Batch.

Kirak Infil'a was hunted down by Vadar for his lightsaber kyber crystal.

Then there was the Cal Kestis attempt to bring the order back.

From the looks of the trailers, it looks like this will be mainly the inquisitors hunting down the rest so I hope they at least take a look at how they started the inquisitor program and training.
+2   

1 month ago '22        #13
Jeffrey in 813 
Props total: 1761 1 K  Slaps total: 618 618
 eazyvaboy said

my man
+2   

1 month ago '18        #14
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x154
Props total: 184707 184 K  Slaps total: 7117 7 K
I'm ready!!!

+2   

1 month ago '18        #15
Obi-Wan Kenobi returns to our screens this week. Here's where he left off

"(CNN)After a whopping 17 years away from the "Star Wars" universe, Ewan McGregor returns this week as our beloved bearded Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi. "Patience, you must have," INDEED.

But what was Master Kenobi up to when we saw him last? Does one need to watch several animated series to know what's going on? And what breadcrumbs has Disney dropped about the plot of "Obi-Wan Kenobi"?
If you're as lost as C-3PO and R2-D2 were on sandy Tatooine, fear not. Here's everything you need to know before "Obi-Wan Kenobi" premieres on Friday.

Yay, Obi-Wan's back! But where are we in the timeline?

"Obi-Wan Kenobi" is sandwiched between the prequels and original trilogy. Disney+ says that the series takes place about 10 years after "Episode III: Revenge of the Sith," which saw Obi-Wan go into hiding.

This means Luke and Leia are around 10 years old at this point in the "Star Wars" timeline, and Anakin is just a decade into being Darth Vader. Obi-Wan is keeping tabs on Luke from afar, well on his way to becoming "Old Ben." (Though, to be fair to McGregor, his Obi-Wan is more of a "Middle-Aged and Aging Gracefully Ben.")

Uh, I forgot -- what happened in the movies before this show?
Don't have time to spend six-plus hours watching the prequels? Here's a crash course on what Obi-Wan was up to in "Episodes I-III."

"Episode I": Obi-Wan, then Padawan to Qui-Gon Jin, meets a young, sprightly Anakin Skywalker on Tatooine, where "Ani" and his mother are enslaved. Qui-Gon, certain that Anakin is the "chosen one" based on his midichlorian count (don't ask), is k*lled by Darth Maul, but tasks Obi-Wan with training young Anakin.

"Episode II": Obi-Wan, now Master to a moodier, sand-averse Anakin, checks out what's happening on Kamino, where a Clone army has been secretly commissioned, and wars with Jango Fett. Anakin and Obi-Wan are close, though Anakin eschews Obi-Wan's logical ways to follow his impulses.

"Episode III": Anakin embraces the Dark Side and duels Obi-Wan on Mustafar, where Anakin becomes Vader. Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious commands the Clone army to execute Order 66 (aka, k*ll all Jedi). They mostly succeed, though they fail to k*ll two of the most important Jedi -- Yoda and Obi-Wan, the latter of whom is distraught by the loss of his "brother."

Do I need to have watched prior TV series to know what's happening?

Probably not, unless you're into homework and good TV. Several "Obi-Wan Kenobi" characters are introduced in the animated series "Star Wars Rebels," which is streaming on Disney+. (More on those shady characters below.) "Rebels" takes place after "Episode III," like this show, and Obi-Wan makes a memorable appearance in the third season.

Who's the bad guy(s) in this series?

In this series, we'll meet the "Inquisitors," a society of trained hunters who are steeped in the Dark Side.

First introduced in "Rebels," their leader is the Grand Inquisitor, played now by Rupert Friend. Inquisitors, oddly, use lightsabers in battle (just wait until Moses Ingram, who plays Inquisitor Reva, wields her double-edged, spinning red saber -- Darth Maul is quaking). Yep, lightsabers aren't reserved for Jedi and Sith anymore -- and not every Force wielder belongs to one of those two orders.

Speaking of Sith, the Inquisitors work for one -- Darth Vader, who wants them to track down one Jedi Knight in particular.

What's up with Vader?

The father of all Skywalkers is BACK and badder than ever. "Obi-Wan Kenobi" marks the return of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader, a role he fully embodied for only a few minutes at the close of "Episode III."

So what's Vader up to after he lost his wife, believed his children died and cut ties with Obi-Wan (who in turn cut off several of his limbs)? The trailer skimps on specifics, but we can a*sume that he's still a loud mouth-breather focused on quashing the growing Rebel Alliance and finding our titular Jedi. Prepare the tissues for their inevitable reunion.

Is that a young Luke I see?

In the trailer, we see Obi-Wan watching a boy in pod-racing goggles pretending to pilot a ship. We can presume this kid is a young Luke Skywalker, who appears to be around the same age as his father was when Qui-Gon found him.

Young Luke lives with Owen Lars, the son of Cliegg Lars, who married Anakin's mother, Shmi. Owen and his wife, Beru, raise Luke on their humble moisture farm and keep the truth of his parentage from him, but Obi-Wan knows he's destined for more.

Joel Edgerton and Bonnie Piesse will reprise their roles from the prequels as Owen and Beru, though hopefully they'll get a bit more screen time to flesh out the characters before they meet their very violent end in "Episode IV."

Aren't there other celebs in this?

There sure are! Joining OGs McGregor and Christensen are comedian Kumail Nanjiani, "Straight Outta Compton's" O'Shea Jackson Jr. and "Uncut Gems" co-director Benny Safdie, among others.

We haven't seen footage of any of them except for Nanjiani, who's in the trailer for a split second, looking distressed. Otherwise, we don't know who the stars are playing -- a fun surprise as the series rolls out."

+2   

1 month ago '17        #16
Timberwolves  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 34052 34 K  Slaps total: 3804 3 K

+7   

1 month ago '17        #17
 eazyvaboy said
Yeah, that would be a good series. But there were some order 66 fall out that slipped through the cracks of Clone Wars and Bad Batch.

Kirak Infil'a was hunted down by Vadar for his lightsaber kyber crystal.

Then there was the Cal Kestis attempt to bring the order back.

From the looks of the trailers, it looks like this will be mainly the inquisitors hunting down the rest so I hope they at least take a look at how they started the inquisitor program and training.
I think it all gets stretched over all the new series
its pretty much the over lying theme
and they all take place in the same time period
Asoka, Andor and Skeleton crew and the next season of Bad Batch will all deal with order 66 in some way
+1   

1 month ago '04        #18
Explicit  OP
Both episodes are out now
+2   

1 month ago '04        #19
Explicit  OP
That first episode was crazy. So was the second episode, some parts have me a bit confused timeline wise after the second episode though. Series is movie quality filming. Disney went all in with it
+3   

1 month ago '12        #20
Kwestluv91 
Props total: 14293 14 K  Slaps total: 3690 3 K
First two episodes were absolute fire.

The end of episode 2
+13   

1 month ago '14        #21
echion911  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 19262 19 K  Slaps total: 36744 36 K
Damn this sh*t as good as Mandalorian so far. Different feel but I dig it.
+5   

1 month ago '04        #22
Explicit  OP
Since the ending confused me, this is a theory someone has mentioned and it's purely a theory...
[spoiler - click to view]

Who knows if this ends up being true, but that part definitely confused me timeline wise.
+3   

1 month ago '04        #23
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38690 38 K  Slaps total: 5750 5 K
 ezduzit said
You know Vader probably showing up at the end of the 2nd episode

Nah they are saving that for the finale..

1 month ago '18        #24

+1   

1 month ago '12        #25
Kwestluv91 
Props total: 14293 14 K  Slaps total: 3690 3 K
 Explicit said
Since the ending confused me, this is a theory someone has mentioned and it's purely a theory...
[spoiler - click to view]

Who knows if this ends up being true, but that part definitely confused me timeline wise.
Grand inquisitor is a rank not a name. Could easily just be another inquisitor who is a Pau an
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  50
Real life Multiverse may be opened on July 5th…
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  18
[Health] Kevin Samuels a broke guy needs to be working 60 hours a week
120 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+129online now  8
What’s Your FAVORITE Boxden Memory? 🤔