Goat Menu music NBA Live 98

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '17        #1
1922 page views
57 comments

Shotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 13943 13 K  Slaps total: 5994 5 K
Goat Menu music NBA Live 98

I Remember browsing through rosters looking at how good players were. Trying to see who i can trade for in my franchise. Creating a player to try to dethrone mike. Looking at dunk ratings and what colleges players went too. How many years said player had been in the league. Who were the top 5 pgs/sg/ect in the league since you have to look it up yourself back then. Nothing but nostalgia music playing that i didnt know was seeping into my brain.

ahhhh 90s video game sountracks imageimageimage:dunc ansuccess:image

Nowadays, I guess yall would be browsing the markert place on mut/myteam/ whatever its called looking to improve your team but instead of nostalgia producing music u have sh*tty songs from kuttem reese or crazy story by king von that has nothing to do with basketball.....those were just the days i guess....but hey u have online play so.....u ill admit u won....or should i say we? cause ha im still putting boots to a*ses gaming
+34   

best
worst
57 comments

1 month ago '15        #2
lil thou wow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24067 24 K  Slaps total: 3508 3 K
Came into say just blaze gave EA the vibes
+13   

1 month ago '13        #3
Codeine86 
Props total: 399 399  Slaps total: 15 15
just had a flash back to the creator menu.
+8   

1 month ago '14        #4
Donnie 
Props total: 1465 1 K  Slaps total: 198 198
I like when 2k had that we’re playing basketball song
+9   

1 month ago '07        #5
young mad 
Props total: 29484 29 K  Slaps total: 1560 1 K
Wowww..took it back
+3   

1 month ago '15        #6
Hellmatic 
Props total: 58067 58 K  Slaps total: 5211 5 K
Jordan was in this?
+6   

1 month ago '05        #7
Peter Griffin 
Props total: 1704 1 K  Slaps total: 99 99
Damn this brought me back.
+3   

1 month ago '12        #8
NYCBravado 
Props total: 7584 7 K  Slaps total: 800 800
NBA Streets vol 2 and live 2004 had some great music. Man I couldn’t get enough.
+7   

1 month ago '17        #9
Shotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Props total: 13943 13 K  Slaps total: 5994 5 K
 Hellmatic said
Jordan was in this?
Don’t remember but I doubt it. Around that time jordan always had a generic white bald 6’’6 player in his place on the bulls with the name player or shooting guard under his feet when you clicked on him in game lol. He was a 99 overall though and always the best player in the game. I think jordan owned his own license so he was always missing in games from the 90s or a created player with a random name and looked nothing like him
+11   

1 month ago '20        #10
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 56788 56 K  Slaps total: 3888 3 K
 lil thou wow said
Came into say just blaze gave EA the vibes
I remember this soundtrack well, especially that first song OP posted.

Just Blaze did the soundtrack for Live '98?
+1   

1 month ago '15        #11
Hellmatic 
 Shotty said
Don’t remember but I doubt it. Around that time jordan always had a generic white bald 6’’6 player in his place on the bulls with the name player or shooting guard under his feet when you clicked on him in game lol. He was a 99 overall though and always the best player in the game. I think jordan owned his own license so he was always missing in games from the 90s or a created player with a random name and looked nothing like him
Yea just looked it up and he wasn't in it. He wasn't in most games, I have the n64 nba live 2000 I think. The one with Tim Duncan on the cover and he's only there as a one on one player. I wonder what prompted the change to him letting them include him in nba street and 2k11-16. Guess he said fu*k it, yall can't afford me but yall can put me in there
+5   

1 month ago '20        #12
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 56788 56 K  Slaps total: 3888 3 K
 Hellmatic said
Jordan was in this?
I think he may have been. He even made an appearance in Live 2000 as well and he wasn't playing at that time too.

I'ma check though.

edit: Ok I see you broke it down in a post above, props.

Last edited by LordGimmeASign; 05-25-2022 at 01:31 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '15        #13
Hellmatic 
 LordGimmeASign said
I think he may have been. He even made an appearance in Live 2000 as well and he wasn't playing at that time too.

I'ma check though.

edit: Ok I see the poster above me broke it down, props.
Yea he wasn't in it

In a way this was another way of jordan saying "fu*k them kids" and being arrogant/greedy. Dude was rich as hell and kids looked up to him, but he wouldn't budge on them video game appearances

It's his likeness but still. The money he could make off appearing in them games and taxing the companies was pennies in comparison to what he was making elsewhere

Last edited by Hellmatic; 05-25-2022 at 01:34 PM..
+5   

1 month ago '15        #14
A NON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4512 4 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
 Shotty said
I Remember browsing through rosters looking at how good players were. Trying to see who i can trade for in my franchise. Creating a player to try to dethrone mike. Looking at dunk ratings and what colleges players went too. How many years said player had been in the league. Who were the top 5 pgs/sg/ect in the league since you have to look it up yourself back then. Nothing but nostalgia music playing that i didnt know was seeping into my brain.

ahhhh 90s video game sountracks :dunc ansuccess:

Nowadays, I guess yall would be browsing the markert place on mut/myteam/ whatever its called looking to improve your team but instead of nostalgia producing music u have sh*tty songs from kuttem reese or crazy story by king von that has nothing to do with basketball.....those were just the days i guess....but hey u have online play so.....u ill admit u won....or should i say we? cause ha im still putting boots to a*ses gaming
Mike wasn't in NBA Live 98

He joined the player's union in Live 2002 when he came back from his second retirement

He had an exclusive game

Last edited by A NON; 05-25-2022 at 01:40 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '22        #15
SeanDon122 
Props total: 9017 9 K  Slaps total: 642 642
 Hellmatic said
Jordan was in this?
Player 99/Player 23 is all I remember from his appearances... May have been one more but I can't remember.. but nah never Jordan until Live 02 if I recall
+4   

1 month ago '12        #16
videoshirt  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 18678 18 K  Slaps total: 4160 4 K

+5   

1 month ago '07        #17
tacuna 320 
Props total: 13133 13 K  Slaps total: 2070 2 K
 videoshirt said

this was probably the only thing you would hear out my tv back in 99-2000

fu*king loved Tony Hawk up until the Underground games, after that it's straight up trash. American Wasteland was the start of the end, I can't front tho Project 8 was fun on the OG Xbox.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #18
videoshirt  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 18678 18 K  Slaps total: 4160 4 K
 tacuna 320 said
this was probably the only thing you would hear out my tv back in 99-2000

fu*king loved Tony Hawk up until the Underground games, after that it's straight up trash. American Wasteland was the start of the end, I can't front tho Project 8 was fun on the OG Xbox.
tony hawk takin ova for the 99 and 2000

1 month ago '06        #19
grunsthis 
Props total: 572 572  Slaps total: 96 96
I saw that screen thumbnail and said that’s not Player 99!

1 month ago '13        #20
Ta388 
Props total: 14930 14 K  Slaps total: 1420 1 K
Game music back then >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> now
+2   

1 month ago '11        #21
RileyEsco 
Props total: 77491 77 K  Slaps total: 593 593
 Hellmatic said
Yea just looked it up and he wasn't in it. He wasn't in most games, I have the n64 nba live 2000 I think. The one with Tim Duncan on the cover and he's only there as a one on one player. I wonder what prompted the change to him letting them include him in nba street and 2k11-16. Guess he said fu*k it, yall can't afford me but yall can put me in there

You could unlock him and use him on the Bulls roster, and I think like created team rosters, after you beat him 1on1. Had to do it on the hardest difficulty.

I had to cheese him with Tim Duncan, and post his a*s up; cause that n*gga would not miss middies for sh*t.
+2   

1 month ago '11        #22
conrap 
Props total: 271 271  Slaps total: 42 42
NBA Street tho

+10   

1 month ago '21        #23
The Chosen One 
Props total: 10416 10 K  Slaps total: 4226 4 K
 Shotty said
Jordan owned his own license so he was always missing in games from the 90s or a created player with a random name and looked nothing like him
sh*t grinning smiling POS Isiah Thomas tried to sabotage Jordan financially.

Jordan's Licensing Move Knocked By Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson

Michael Jordan's decision to bar the NBA from using his likeness to do individual deals, that takes away from the group effect," said Thomas, admittedly not one of Jordan's friends. "It's almost like, 'Hey, I'm going to look out for myself and everybody else fishes for themselves. But traditionally, what has made this league so on any of its apparel has drawn strong is that guys like Oscar fire from friends and foes alike. Robertson and Tommy Heinsohn were willing to sacrifice so we can all make the t of money we do. if we're not willing to do the same for the next generation, then we're not doing our job."

Jordan agreed to a multimillion dollar deal with Nike that gives the athletic shoe giant exclusive right to use his likeness on ap- parel, restricting the NBA to using his name and number. Jordan was reportedly dissatisfied with his take on the reported $45-$50 million the league rakes in from apparel sales.

Johnson said Jordan's decision "is about a lot of money, but it's also about power. That's the biggest thing. The union does not have the power anymore. It used to. to be Michael, Magic, Larry (Bird), Isiah. We were together, and we accomplished things. Now you know other guys are going to follow Michael, and I think it's go "When individual players start to break up the union."

But Isiah Thomas, president of the NBA Players' a*sociation, criticized the move, and was joined by friend Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

Isiah Thomas wanted Jordan to sacrifice tens of millions for the greater good of bums in the NBA and Jordan told him fu*k you!
+3   

1 month ago '18        #24
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 69029 69 K  Slaps total: 23192 23 K
Mike was on the cover of live 98??
+4   

1 month ago '16        #25
aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20556 20 K  Slaps total: 2108 2 K
Live was the greatest basketball game ubtil 2k came & SNATCHED the crown.

For a few years in the early 2000s they were f*ghting for the title then 2k shut em down after 2003
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  43
Real life Multiverse may be opened on July 5th…
110 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Jun 29 - couple buys house in seattle......comcast wanted to charge $27000 for..
149 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+24online now  18
Video inside This the new wave with jewelry…
106 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside The Most GENTRIFIED Cities in America
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy