1980 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship Celebration (ft. Jerry Buss, Paul Westhead, Pat R

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '04        #1
1010 page views
27 comments

nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 28997 28 K  Slaps total: 3124 3 K
1980 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship Celebration (ft. Jerry Buss, Paul Westhead, Pat R

1980 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship Celebration (ft. Jerry Buss, Paul Westhead, Pat Riley)
+17   

best
worst
27 comments

1 month ago '12        #2
NSOperator23 
Props total: 180 180  Slaps total: 39 39
Winning Time nailed it. Casting on point down to championship press conference scene
+22   

1 month ago '05        #3
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 119363 119 K  Slaps total: 31291 31 K
winning time is a great show i hope they go into the other eras of the lakers with vlade and nick and eddie and then shaq kobe phil

and then the kobe era...

this show could be on for a minute
+16   

1 month ago '17        #4
tu calmas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31744 31 K  Slaps total: 4811 4 K
Lol all these guys tried to downplay Winning Time

sh*t looks on point af tho
+14   

1 month ago '14        #5
eazyebo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6527 6 K  Slaps total: 725 725
They did an excellent job casting
+6   

1 month ago '22        #6
csx2077 
Props total: 388 388  Slaps total: 96 96
All I see is wealthy slave masters and rich slaves.

1 month ago '16        #7
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 47931 47 K  Slaps total: 8509 8 K
this came up on my feed too, watched it just to compare to the show

looks legit

i was mad at the show cuz the jerry west sh*t but the more u watch they give it to errrrybody

they had jeanie buss walk up to her dad when he was getting dome or figer banging i forgot but once i seen that im like they showing errrybody dirt so u cant be mad

dont think he getting that apology
+1   

1 month ago '17        #8
dubsax  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 61755 61 K  Slaps total: 5059 5 K
 BMC1000 said
this came up on my feed too, watched it just to compare to the show

looks legit

i was mad at the show cuz the jerry west sh*t but the more u watch they give it to errrrybody

they had jeanie buss walk up to her dad when he was getting dome or figer banging i forgot but once i seen that im like they showing errrybody dirt so u cant be mad

dont think he getting that apology
the lakers are my team but the part that rubbed me wrong was about everyone complaining was that no one said sh*t about how they depicted Chick.

It was like well since he and all of his close family is dead ....fu*k him

That told me that much of it must have been true.

Everybody's complaints were self serving and no one cared one bit to stick up for the ones who couldnt
+1   

1 month ago '15        #9
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34416 34 K  Slaps total: 10222 10 K
 dubsax said
the lakers are my team but the part that rubbed me wrong was about everyone complaining was that no one said sh*t about how they depicted Chick.

Everybody's complaints were self serving and no one cared one bit to stick up for the ones who couldnt
I heard Chick said that racist sh*t forreal
+3   

1 month ago '04        #10
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
Props total: 28997 28 K  Slaps total: 3124 3 K
 Dun Language said
winning time is a great show i hope they go into the other eras of the lakers with vlade and nick and eddie and then shaq kobe phil

and then the kobe era...

I am down for that for sure but I also want to see a Pistons Bad Boy series. I think only Chuck daily is not alive but the rest of the squad is
+4   

1 month ago '04        #11
absolut 
Props total: 5797 5 K  Slaps total: 671 671
 NSOperator23 said
Winning Time nailed it. Casting on point down to championship press conference scene
This …casting is on point as well …of course everything is not gonna be true or dramatized but it’s great show ..hopefully they don’t drop the ball on season 2

1 month ago '05        #12
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 119363 119 K  Slaps total: 31291 31 K
 nwking said
I am down for that for sure but I also want to see a Pistons Bad Boy series. I think only Chuck daily is not alive but the rest of the squad is
sh*t i want a bulls one too and heat

this could be the new hard knocks but better
+3   

1 month ago '04        #13
dat_boi_tj 
Props total: 5295 5 K  Slaps total: 302 302
I'm Telling you...Had that part about Jerry looking like a bi*ch in those 1st episodes, alot of people would be rocking with the show. It was little over the top. That part seemed to turned alot of ppl off. That show is GOOD

1 month ago '04        #14
Marccoogs19 
Props total: 15867 15 K  Slaps total: 499 499
Saw this entire scene in Winning Time. Brent Musburger really been around for forever.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #15
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 47931 47 K  Slaps total: 8509 8 K
 dubsax said

im only up to ep 4 but they barley showed him

but they portrayed him as like a hollywood anchor type ron burgundy type

i didnt notice any slander yet

and chick my favorite play by play man ever best color is stu lantz, snapper jones right next to him

1 month ago '21        #16
The Chosen One 
Props total: 10370 10 K  Slaps total: 4223 4 K
 Dun Language said
sh*t i want a bulls one too and heat

this could be the new hard knocks but better
Rookie Michael Jordan and the traveling cocaine circus Bulls.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #17
LABoy83 
Props total: 5618 5 K  Slaps total: 192 192
This was executed very well in the series. I can understand some people’s frustration with how they’re depicted, but this appeared to be on point

1 month ago '12        #18
TRILL SH1T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 28483 28 K  Slaps total: 4370 4 K
 Dun Language said

and then the kobe era...

There’s a book from the same author about the the Kobe-Shaq Lakers, if they make that the next season then I’m 100% positive there’s gonna be huge backlash… I read that book and Kobe was an absolute a**hole behind the scenes, I mean this dude might of been the worst teammate in basketball history during the Kobe/Shaq era. If they depict him in the show how he is in the book Kobe fans are gonna riot lol

1 month ago '19        #19
lordinfamouz 
Props total: 1690 1 K  Slaps total: 334 334
This was the season of the rookies..they got it done!!

1. Magic Johnson
2. Jerry Buss
3. Coach West head
4. Coach Riley
5. Winning Time Season 1.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #20
BxCastro 
Props total: 33233 33 K  Slaps total: 4164 4 K
 dubsax said

Chick was who he was and how he ran the broadcast was spot on. Nobody really got a word in.

As for the show it was spot on I know Jerry West salty but you were who you were. When the 3 ring circus ear starts I can't wait to see how Shaq reacts to the dirt they put out there. Im sure hes going to throw money at stopping that production due to having to answer to some of the sh*t. Winning time should show us the losing seasons as well can't wait till Worthy comes into play and AC green

Last edited by BxCastro; 05-24-2022 at 11:59 AM..

1 month ago '17        #21
 AmillionMo said
I heard Chick said that racist sh*t forreal
it wasnt overtly racist it was something about hanging on the rim like a monkey during a game.
given the context of how the metaphor has been used sure, but doing something like a monkey and implying someone physically looks like a monkey are a bit different.

1 month ago '18        #22
Slic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3113 3 K  Slaps total: 124 124
 nwking said

1980 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship Celebration (ft. Jerry Buss, Paul Westhead, Pat Riley)
Yo Rick Barry really sounded like a commercial legal disclaimer here @ 3:13 lol...not a breath wasted
+1   

1 month ago '17        #23
 BxCastro said
Chick was who he was and how he ran the broadcast was spot on. Nobody really got a word in.

As for the show it was spot on I know Jerry West salty but you were who you were. When the 3 ring circus ear starts I can't wait to see how Shaq reacts to the dirt they put out there. Im sure hes going to throw money at stopping that production due to having to answer to some of the sh*t. Winning time should show us the losing seasons as well can't wait till Worthy comes into play and AC green

As a kid when we went to laker games, people would bring radio's to the game to listen to the game play by play also
how he ran the broadcast was much of the issue. I would think people would have a problem with the drinking, misogyny, homophobic remarks etc.

Does it seem out of line with the era no, but neither does anything else on the show.

My issue is what people were complaining about pales in comparison to Chick and not one person said sh*t.

So for me if that was fine and they feel that it was accurate enough not to stand for someone who is dead then everything must be pretty accurate .

We know who Buss was. No hiding that one of his last news worthy headlines was getting a DUI with a 24 year old woman

1 month ago '16        #24
BxCastro 
Props total: 33233 33 K  Slaps total: 4164 4 K
 dubsax said
As a kid when we went to laker games, people would bring radio's to the game to listen to the game play by play also
how he ran the broadcast was much of the issue. I would think people would have a problem with the drinking, misogyny, homophobic remarks etc.

Does it seem out of line with the era no, but neither does anything else on the show.

My issue is what people were complaining about pales in comparison to Chick and not one person said sh*t.

So for me if that was fine and they feel that it was accurate enough not to stand for someone who is dead then everything must be pretty accurate .

We know who Buss was. No hiding that one of his last news worthy headlines was getting a DUI with a 24 year old woman
I dont think they hid much of it unless there's something I'm missing about Buss. Was he on some pedo sh*t? I know he was good friends with Hugh Hefner so his womanizing is well documented and as for digging into his past gotta remember the show is only showing us what happened from 79-80. The guy that wrote the book got first hand accounts of some of these events which is why its tough to refute it. That 3 ring circus book on the big screen is going to have us looking at that dynasty crazy

1 month ago '22        #25
marc spector 
Props total: 229 229  Slaps total: 29 29
 Dun Language said

and then the kobe era...

hbo bought the rights to the kobe/shaq book the author wrote

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  13
Youtube channel recommendations?
73 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+26online now  5
Rookie challenges LeBron "He’s going to have to show me he’s better than m..
79 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside Jun 25 - NYC's speed cameras will now operate 24/7
116 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+48online now  2
Video inside Charleston White Wants To Start A Youth Snitching Program...Teaching Ki..
91 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy