May 23 - Shell consultant quits, says company causes ‘extreme harm’ to planet

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '11        #1
563 page views
19 comments

SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21590 21 K  Slaps total: 3231 3 K
May 23 - Shell consultant quits, says company causes ‘extreme harm’ to planet

Oil giant’s expansion plan prompted resignation email accusing firm of dismissing climate risks.

A Shell consultant resigned Monday with a searing email accusing the oil giant of “failing on a massive planetary scale” to limit climate risks.

Caroline Dennett, who has been a U.K.-based safety consultant for Shell for 11 years, said she could no longer work for the company given its plans to expand fossil fuel extraction.

In an email sent to the executive committee and more than 1,000 employees, she wrote that as “continued oil & gas extraction is causing extreme harm” to the planet, Shell was “failing on a massive planetary scale” to deliver on its pledge to cause “no harm” with its operations.

“Shell is operating beyond the design limits of our planetary systems. Shell is not implementing steps to mitigate the known risks. Shell is not putting environmental safety before production,” Dennett wrote in her email, seen by POLITICO.

She cited the International Energy Agency’s findings that no new gas or oil fields should be developed to reach net-zero emissions by the middle of the century and stay within relatively safe levels of global warming.

Shell last year put forward a net-zero strategy but still plans to explore new fossil fuel projects until 2025, and recently started campaigning for the U.K. government to let the company develop a new North Sea gas field.

“It pains me to end this working relationship which I have greatly valued, but I can no longer work for a company that ignores all the alarms and dismisses the risks of climate change and ecological collapse,” Dennett wrote.

She called on the company’s management “to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they really believe their vision for more oil & gas extraction secures a safe future for humanity” and asked employees who can do so to “please walk away and towards a more sustainable career.”

Asked for comment, a Shell spokesperson said that the company was "determined to deliver on our global strategy to be a net-zero company by 2050" and that it had "every intention of hitting" its targets.

They added: "We're already investing billions of dollars in low-carbon energy, although the world will still need oil and gas for decades to come in sectors that can't be easily decarbonized."

visit this link https://www.politico.eu/a .. ls-extraction/
+4   

best
worst
19 comments

1 month ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 111333 111 K  Slaps total: 23364 23 K
Nuclear would have been the short-term solution between coal-fire/oil and full renewable generation.

But coal and oil created one of the most effective propaganda efforts in the history of the world and convinced everybody that no matter what you do to protect against it, nuclear power WILL murder your entire family.

smh damn shame man
+9   

1 month ago '16        #3
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 81430 81 K  Slaps total: 9723 9 K
 Skateboard T said
Nuclear would have been the short-term solution between coal-fire/oil and full renewable generation.

But coal and oil created one of the most effective propaganda efforts in the history of the world and convinced everybody that no matter what you do to protect against it, nuclear power WILL murder your entire family.

smh damn shame man
Yeah we really got finesssed on that one

Masterclass propaganda
+4   

1 month ago '21        #4
Angelo Saxton  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 8213 8 K  Slaps total: 8916 8 K
Imagine getting paid millions to "consult " with your brain and you give it up because you were born into a wealthy white family
+1   

1 month ago '21        #5
Angelo Saxton  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 8213 8 K  Slaps total: 8916 8 K
 Skateboard T said

smh damn shame man
Imagine a street n*gga , hells angels , or sons of anarchy with the brain power to fu*k with nuclear products. That's a nooo

1 month ago '06        #6
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 111333 111 K  Slaps total: 23364 23 K
 Goat Milk said
Imagine a street n*gga , hells angels , or sons of anarchy with the brain power to fu*k with nuclear products. That's a nooo
I mean...it's easier to hijack spent nuclear fuel now that it ever would have been if we had adopted nuclear at the scale we were supposed to back in the late 80's when the Yucca mountain repository was being proposed and built.

Had we gone through as planned, spent fuel would be stored deep DEEP underground in the desert with no living thing around for miles and miles and miles and guarded by area 51 type security.

right now, spent fuel is kept on-site, and guarded by significant security but I promise you it's nowhere near as secure as it would be in yucca mountain.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 05-23-2022 at 03:46 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '18        #7
Armstrong 102 
Props total: 10350 10 K  Slaps total: 3831 3 K
The sky is blue. You need to be retarded to believe these major corporation and Fortune 500 companies like a complete idiot to believe and follow those evil doers
+3   

1 month ago '06        #8
presto 
Props total: 3403 3 K  Slaps total: 208 208
its a fu*kin oil company. they show as hell aren't out there planting trees and conserving water.
+7   

1 month ago '17        #9
Skratch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12792 12 K  Slaps total: 4471 4 K
i just knew it was a women before i read it, i just wanted to confirm it
+1   

1 month ago '15        #10
PineappleOG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 48598 48 K  Slaps total: 9285 9 K

+3   

1 month ago '22        #11
usafveteran  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 3706 3 K  Slaps total: 275 275
Should’ve let Tesla’s free energy towers get mass produced! This new space race ain’t for fun they know times running up and fortunately there’s nowhere inhabitable to escape to so down with the ship they go!

1 month ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 69943 69 K  Slaps total: 4760 4 K
She worked there for a decade. did she hit the Ayahuasca and get brand new? Her email was news huh...
+1   

1 month ago '16        #13
J0011 
Props total: 3717 3 K  Slaps total: 476 476
Dude probably at retirement age with a bag.

1 month ago '22        #14
Joe Buttons 
Props total: 1369 1 K  Slaps total: 39 39
RIP Caroline

1 month ago '15        #15
Lockwind 
Props total: 10455 10 K  Slaps total: 7777 7 K
And yet working there for 11 years

It took this stupid btch 11 years to realize unleaded gas isn’t environmentally friendly smh
+1   

1 month ago '16        #16
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 57090 57 K  Slaps total: 5626 5 K

1 month ago '16        #17
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 57090 57 K  Slaps total: 5626 5 K
 Skratch said
i just knew it was a women before i read it, i just wanted to confirm it
Sounds like some dumb sh*t a white bi*ch would say.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #18
Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10116 10 K  Slaps total: 1529 1 K
Sounds like virtue signaling on da way out da door...

1 month ago '06        #19
TreZ 
Props total: 7935 7 K  Slaps total: 2085 2 K
 Skateboard T said
I mean...it's easier to hijack spent nuclear fuel now that it ever would have been if we had adopted nuclear at the scale we were supposed to back in the late 80's when the Yucca mountain repository was being proposed and built.

Had we gone through as planned, spent fuel would be stored deep DEEP underground in the desert with no living thing around for miles and miles and miles and guarded by area 51 type security.

right now, spent fuel is kept on-site, and guarded by significant security but I promise you it's nowhere near as secure as it would be in yucca mountain.
Back in the early 80s in my town rocketdyne had broken fuel rods that leaked all over the place and now people that live near that area have been getting cancer. It's fu*ked.

1 month ago '15        #20
PineappleOG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 48598 48 K  Slaps total: 9285 9 K
Boycott shell, they sill their sh*t at Circle K so avoid that sh*t too. Jiffy Lube, Pennzoil and Quaker State brands are all shell. Nigerians I know already boycott all their products
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  18
Youtube channel recommendations?
73 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+38online now  6
Robert Downey Jr pulled off one of the greatest entertainment career comebacks..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+26online now  5
Rookie challenges LeBron "He’s going to have to show me he’s better than m..
78 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+212online now  4
Video inside Scenes Of Martin Breaking Character
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy