After Years Of Hype, The Xbox Game Pass Burnout Is Here👀

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+68  145
185 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '12        #1
1655 page views
53 comments

Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 42861 42 K  Slaps total: 12381 12 K
After Years Of Hype, The Xbox Game Pass Burnout Is Here👀

Typically, when Game Pass starts trending, it’s either because it scored a k*ller game or*some influencers concocted a viral “joke”*that ultimately does nothing other than hand a $2 trillion corporation two days of free marketing. Over the past few days, however, Microsoft’s games-on-demand program started trending for another reason: Players say they’re unsubscribing. For now.

The burnout largely comes down to subscribers saying that Game Pass isn’t delivering on its value proposition. For a monthly fee,*Game Pass*grants you access to a Netflix-style library of games that you can download to your Xbox or PC (or, in some cases, stream to a compatible device). But the big selling point is this: Every first-party Microsoft game hits the library at launch, meaning subscribers get access at no extra cost to Microsoft’s prestigious first-party releases, like*Halo Infinite*or*Forza Horizon 5.

Earlier this month, Bethesda—officially now one of Xbox’s first-party studios, following an industry-shaking acquisition in 2021—delayed its two biggest forthcoming games: space-RPG*Starfield*and vampire shooter*Redfall*(developed by Bethesda subsidiary Arkane). Both were expected to launch day-one on Game Pass this year. Now, they won’t come out until the first half of 2023, leaving Microsoft’s first-party portfolio*looking much drier*than it did a month ago.

The service is great but there aren’t any AAA exclusives to compel me to stay,”*Tom’s Guide*writer Tony Polanco*said*in a tweet. “I’ll be back when the titles start dropping.”*Washington Post*reporter Gene Park*shared*a similar sentiment, pointing out that, over the past few months, the only game from the service he’s availed himself of is*Trek to Yomi, a side-scrolling samurai action game. (Trek to Yomi*costs $20. Also side note: It rules.) Other prominent members of the gaming cognoscenti*lamented*paying up front for months if not years of Game Pass, while others*compared it unfavorably*against*the upcoming revamp of PS Plus, Sony’s competing subscription service. (Sony’s generally vaunted first-party games*won’t launch on PS Plus.)

On the flip side,*there’s no shortage of people*calling this whole thing a “clout war” or saying that “no one cares.”

It’s unclear whether the extended convo has had a tangible impact on Game Pass subscription numbers. Microsoft does not make such figures public, and representatives for the company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A dip in interest was, to a certain extent, inevitable. For the past few years, Xbox has coasted on a tidal wave of goodwill generated by Game Pass, which has continually made some of the biggest AAA games—not just exclusives but also multiplatform hits like*Guardians of the Galaxy—available on its service. Those come alongside a regular flow of smaller titles that benefit from the marketing boost of appearing on Game Pass. Part of the joy of subscribing is that you never know what you’re gonna get; you might try out an under-the-radar indie and bounce off it in minutes, or it could quickly become one of your favorites of the year. (Everyone,*say hi to*Tunic.)

Cue the slaps image

best
worst
53 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
Krazie 
Props total: 51619 51 K  Slaps total: 8466 8 K
Four more day one releases this week alone for any of the actual gamers
+11   

1 month ago '05        #3
dblockallday 
Props total: 4650 4 K  Slaps total: 738 738
value is still great to me - especially if you're paying like 3-4 bucks a month from a conversion deal. My kids use it mainly so I'll probably never unsubscribe.
+9   

1 month ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 228783 228 K  Slaps total: 18410 18 K
I have Sniper Elite 5 coming soo and a whole slew of games I'm running through. Then again OP hates Xbox and doesn't have Gamepass so I'm co fused as to why he would care.

+13   

1 month ago '15        #5
He Hate Me 
Props total: 56279 56 K  Slaps total: 5073 5 K
I swear ppl who don’t own a x box are more concerned with game pass than actual ppl who have it lol

Is really not that serious. It is like 5 dollars more to have a collection of games a month. Don’t like it…you don’t have to get it. It’s really not that deep.

And if you don’t even have to begin with. Why do you even fu*king care?
+22   

1 month ago '21        #6
Waddup Doe 
Props total: 2294 2 K  Slaps total: 387 387
 Naga Sadow said
I have Sniper Elite 5 coming soo and a whole slew of games I'm running through. Then again OP hates Xbox and doesn't have Gamepass so I'm co fused as to why he would care.

Yep already got sniper elite 5 downloaded just waiting for the 25th to play.

I love GP but I understand why a lot of people are losing faith in it and unsubbing
+2   

1 month ago '12        #7
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11 OP
I see Xbox is just as salty as their fanboys here... Sony never reply to any of these mfs

1 month ago '20        #8
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x199
Props total: 106649 106 K  Slaps total: 21786 21 K

;t=6TkDMVsiPGO5kNUHltakWQ

Edit: More Xbox threads OP sheesh smh
+2   

1 month ago '17        #9
 Pleasure Boy said
I see Xbox is just as salty as their fanboys here... Sony never reply to any of these mfs

Why do you care so much if you hate everything Xbox?

+2   

1 month ago '12        #10
 Naga Sadow said
Why do you care so much if you hate everything Xbox?

Seeing you n*ggas miserable makes me happy
+3   

1 month ago '17        #11
BXSPAGHETT 
Props total: 7002 7 K  Slaps total: 5646 5 K
Get off xbox's c*ck, game pass is great. You probably don't even own an Xbox.
+4   

1 month ago '06        #12
ehizzy3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22321 22 K  Slaps total: 1922 1 K
 Pleasure Boy said
This lame doesn’t realize how pathetic that sounds

+6   

1 month ago '17        #13
Bradydidit1109 
Props total: 2224 2 K  Slaps total: 377 377
 Krazie said
Four more day one releases this week alone for any of the actual gamers
What’s coming out this week.

1 month ago '05        #14
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 123206 123 K  Slaps total: 14227 14 K
 He Hate Me said
I swear ppl who don’t own a x box are more concerned with game pass than actual ppl who have it lol

Is really not that serious. It is like 5 dollars more to have a collection of games a month. Don’t like it…you don’t have to get it. It’s really not that deep.

And if you don’t even have to begin with. Why do you even fu*king care?
Logic alludes this section as it pertains to fanboysim, it's no point trying to reason
+3   

1 month ago '17        #15
 Pleasure Boy said
That's a pretty sad existence. Only miserable people like to see others miserable. It's the only way they can feel better about themselves.

I feel sorry for you.

+3   

1 month ago '17        #16
 ehizzy3 said
This lame doesn’t realize how pathetic that sounds

Old saying is that misery loves company and it seems like he's lonely.
+2   

1 month ago '15        #17
EnigmaticPigeon 
Props total: 69773 69 K  Slaps total: 2756 2 K
Gamepass has saved me so much fu*kin money its criminal
+6   

1 month ago '18        #18
Dehone 
Props total: 78297 78 K  Slaps total: 3842 3 K
If you beat two games in one months, you've gotten the vie paid back on it several times over

+1   

1 month ago '14        #19
K Robinson 
Props total: 10296 10 K  Slaps total: 2565 2 K
bi*ch Boy is the ring leader in the PS circle jerk. Some of you boys really need to wipe your lips off after talking about PlayStation on here.

PS+ and Gamepass both services give you mediocre sh*t you don't really wanna play

1 month ago '12        #20
Its amazing how I p*ss off a bunch of strangers on the internet by just posting sh*t they dont wanna see

1 month ago '21        #21
Ltg 
Props total: 1125 1 K  Slaps total: 70 70
What I’ve found about game pass is that it has a lot of mainstream sleepers and low key good a*s indie games that no one will ever know about or give the time of day because either the cover art sucks, the screenshots suck or the trailer is a*s. Burnout is impossible if more people were open minded to playing games outside of their comfort zone
+6   

1 month ago '18        #22
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14884 14 K  Slaps total: 2793 2 K
 Ltg said
What I’ve found about game pass is that it has a lot of mainstream sleepers and low key good a*s indie games that no one will ever know about or give the time of day because either the cover art sucks, the screenshots suck or the trailer is a*s. Burnout is impossible if more people were open minded to playing games outside of their comfort zone
Got any examples on gamepass? Thats def one of my methods

1 month ago '05        #23
GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9182 9 K  Slaps total: 2087 2 K
Oh they are big mad...

1 month ago '17        #24
 Pleasure Boy said
Its amazing how I p*ss off a bunch of strangers on the internet by just posting sh*t they dont wanna see
So what are you playing right now? I finished Trek To Yomi and it's a damn good game. You should play it.

1 month ago '12        #25
 Naga Sadow said
So what are you playing right now? I finished Trek To Yomi and it's a damn good game. You should play it.
I'm playing you for a fool

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+193online now  31
Image(s) inside My new Day 2 Day bucket
258 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
-37online now  19
Image(s) inside Glamorous heiress, 45, charged with having s*x with 14-year-old boy fo..
264 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside GET THE fu-k OFF EXCHANGES Voyager Digital suspends withdrawals
37 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside Mya back in her prime VS Halle Berry back in her prime