Is Gracie family bunch of frauds? UFC BJJ conspiracy

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '21        #1
3416 page views
78 comments

Clippers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 6799 6 K  Slaps total: 2045 2 K
Is Gracie family bunch of frauds? UFC BJJ conspiracy

+4   

best
worst
78 comments

1 month ago '21        #2
Clippers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP

1 month ago '04        #3
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 56932 56 K  Slaps total: 3908 3 K
Ask that dude who got his belt last year and made The thread of the year
+82   

1 month ago '16        #4
Dino87 
Props total: 5262 5 K  Slaps total: 1925 1 K
it's an legit adaptation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Why ppl are hating on his they chose to commercialize that martial art
+8   

1 month ago '08        #5
Skilly713 
Props total: 34224 34 K  Slaps total: 2357 2 K
Gotta ask a Black Belt @
+37   

1 month ago '12        #6
TheConnect  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 18027 18 K  Slaps total: 1486 1 K
There are some bullsh*t martial arts that honestly don't translate to real combat. Judo and Taekwondo are perfect examples. In a real f*ght there are weekend warriors on BX that could beat the dog sh*t outta Judo "Masters". I remember watching a Judo Olympic Gold Medal match...might have been one of the most f*g**t f*ghts I've ever seen. Just two grown men trying to grab each other's Gi for about 20 minutes. Shouldn't even be an Olympic sport in my opinion.

1 month ago '17        #7
bossflossy 
Props total: 7222 7 K  Slaps total: 579 579
 TheConnect said
There are some bullsh*t martial arts that honestly don't translate to real combat. Judo and Taekwondo are perfect examples. In a real f*ght there are weekend warriors on BX that could beat the dog sh*t outta Judo "Masters". I remember watching a Judo Olympic Gold Medal match...might have been one of the most f*g**t f*ghts I've ever seen. Just two grown men trying to grab each other's Gi for about 20 minutes. Shouldn't even be an Olympic sport in my opinion.
an olympic or even national level judo guy would plant 98% of men on earth on their skulls in a real f*ght with very little effort. and the average black belt in judo isn't in any danger in a f*ght with the average man in the streets
+46   

1 month ago '20        #8
Detr0it 
Props total: 6110 6 K  Slaps total: 230 230
 bossflossy said
an olympic or even national level judo guy would plant 98% of men on earth on their skulls in a real f*ght with very little effort. and the average black belt in judo isn't in any danger in a f*ght with the average man in the streets
Hell yeah

+3   

1 month ago '04        #9
ddash 
Props total: 76554 76 K  Slaps total: 5873 5 K
 Skilly713 said
Gotta ask a Black Belt @

Nope Im not doing this today BX

Nope ahahahah
+17   

1 month ago '06        #10
Loco Poe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6845 6 K  Slaps total: 1089 1 K
 Skilly713 said
Gotta ask a Black Belt @
+4   

1 month ago '06        #11
 TheConnect said
Tae kwon do and Karate I agree with to a certain extent doesn't translate as well at all. I can only think of literally 2 f*ghters in UFC history who had great success with it (Machida and Thompson) but there are real masters in both martial arts. A lot of these TKD or Karate spots you see around your city are from fugazzi black belts though, they just want to make a quick buck, and that sh*t doesn't do sh*t for your kids except give them false hope in "learning how to f*ght and defend themselves".

I'd rather put my kid in Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, and BJJ above any other martial arts. At least 1 striking and 1 grappling. On the contrary, Judo does translate into MMA, but it is a far less effective martial arts than Wrestling and BJJ, and essentially gets negated by both drastically. There's fake black belts in all martial arts though, my n*gga @ knows

Last edited by Loco Poe; 05-22-2022 at 11:28 PM..
+10   

1 month ago '22        #12
Jeffrey in 813 
Props total: 1758 1 K  Slaps total: 617 617
 Loco Poe said
Tae kwon do and Karate I agree with to a certain extent doesn't translate as well at all. I can only think of literally 2 f*ghters in UFC history who had great success with it (Machida and Thompson)
Slapped the fu*k outta this casual bullsh*t

+1   

1 month ago '10        #13
KJHARDY 
Props total: 32518 32 K  Slaps total: 4290 4 K
Royce is a cool dude. Got to have dinner with him on multiple occasions.
+5   

1 month ago '06        #14
 Jeffrey in 813 said
Slapped the fu*k outta this casual bullsh*t

When I’m mentioning these f*ghters I’m talking about ones who have that as their main style/stance. I didn’t mention GSP because I’m talking about PURE TKD or Karate style or as close as you can get to it, and GSP became a all around f*ghter and was essentially great in all arts he practiced, and he wouldn’t have been able to wrestle as good or go for take downs if that wasn’t the case, His stance wasn’t really a Pure Karate stance at all, even though he incorporated his strikes from his kyokushin background.

One person I forgot to shout out is McGregor, he was another one who had great success, winning the title from Aldo with his Karate stance until he got exposed later on in his career, and switched to a boxing stance which he's had minimal success with. But when I think of Karate and TKD I think of Machida and Thompson.

Silva had more of a Muay Thai stance/style as his main but he did incorporate strikes from both, especially TKD.

You definitely must have trained in one of these arts to be catching feelings like that. Since we are talking about striking, Pure Muay Thai > Pure Karate and Pure TKD more times than not. You won't see f*ghters training with a Karate or TKD master when they get to the UFC level, because it doesn't translate as well. There's a reason why most of them go to train in Thailand. FOH trying to call me a casual

Last edited by Loco Poe; 05-23-2022 at 12:32 AM..
+6   

1 month ago '07        #15
j_k1dd 
Props total: 3716 3 K  Slaps total: 262 262
 TheConnect said
I get what you saying, but to say Judo and Taekwondo don’t translate to real combat is a reach and exaggeratation. Kids - Adults learning TKD and Judo techniques can become equipped with enough basic self defence needed to get themselves through a f*ght. But if we strictly talking about competitive mma matches, then of course having an arsenal of different disciplines will always have a greater chance of out performing even a master in a single discipline. Every art-form got its blearing weaknesses and strengths.

Also not everyone gets into martial arts for competition or to go looking for f*ghts to happen. Theres traditional history and culture behind every artform that people also respect and want to learn about, as a true dedicated student of martial arts.

Edit: You wouldn’t be seeing these flashy front kick KO’s, spinning back kicks, inside leg sweeps, trips against the cages and hip throws if f*ghters weren’t training judo/tkd teachings and techniques.

Last edited by j_k1dd; 05-23-2022 at 12:16 AM..
+4   

1 month ago '22        #16
JrFeau 
Props total: 2850 2 K  Slaps total: 383 383
 TheConnect said
Judo is grappling and effective as part of your arsenal like wrestling or jiu jitsu. Taekwondo isn't effective in MMA by itself just like boxing isn't effective in MMA by itself.

Edit: Judo Black Belts: Khabib, Ronda, Vitor, Fedor, Korean Zombie, Werdum, Nog Bros, s*xyama, and Lombard. A bunch more but those are names most won't even recognize let alone respect because they didn't watch MMA back then.

Also Anderson Silva has a Black Belt in both Judo and Taekwondo.

I kinda don't even like talking about MMA on here because of threads like this.

Last edited by JrFeau; 05-23-2022 at 06:04 AM..
+8   

1 month ago '22        #17
Jeffrey in 813 
 Loco Poe said
When I’m mentioning these f*ghters I’m talking about ones who have that as their main style/stance.
Stopped right here.

I knew you were going to come back with "i MeAnT aS ThEiR mAiN..."

GSP has said that his takedowns come from karate, not wrestling.

Discussion over.

You just don't know d*ck about MMA.
+2   

1 month ago '15        #18
Hellmatic 
Props total: 57902 57 K  Slaps total: 5200 5 K
 TheConnect said
A combination of boxing and wrestling, sambo or judo would wash most people. Roussey won her f*ghts with basically just judo and some submissions, but once some k*ller strikers came in she folded. But that's ufc in real life people won't be able to f*ght well since they amateurs. Just gotta avoid a Haymarker or two. If they wanna grab its over

Last edited by Hellmatic; 05-23-2022 at 12:42 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '06        #19
 Jeffrey in 813 said
Stopped right here.

I knew you were going to come back with "i MeAnT aS ThEiR mAiN..."

GSP has said that his takedowns come from karate, not wrestling.

Discussion over.

You just don't know d*ck about MMA.
Go read what I was saying, that was the context I was talking about you weirdo.
You definitely must have trained in Karate posting this bs article and catching feelings like this.

That bs article you posted, he just credits his takedowns from the way he gets in and out from his Karate days, that doesn't mean it's from Karate though, he's just not a traditional wrestler. GSP is prob the greatest pure athlete in MMA history, he out grappled and out wrestled the top wrestlers in his division with ease during his time, without having any credentials in wrestling like these other f*ghters. That same article still says his stance isn't a traditional karate stance like I was talking about.

I don't know sh*t about MMA lmao... Please show yourself into the MMA threads , Mr. Karate Kid, I never even heard of your weirdo a*s. fu*k your Karate and/or TKD, whatever art you trained in. Like I said overall, Muay Thai would eat both with ease.

+5   

1 month ago '15        #20
Kdub31 
Props total: 23096 23 K  Slaps total: 2230 2 K
The rules of UFC are skewed more for grapplers but BJJ is a effective art.

Its still weak if you don’t train striking. The gracies were smart the way they promoted their style and brand but just because they’re good at marketing doesnt make it bullsh*t.

Also a lot of Karate styles are trash and the ones that are better took a lot from western boxing and kick boxing to make it more fluid. They started doing that in the 60s

Last edited by Kdub31; 05-23-2022 at 01:01 AM..

1 month ago '22        #21
Jeffrey in 813 
 Loco Poe said
Go read what I was saying, that was the context I was talking about you weirdo.
You definitely must have trained in Karate posting this bs article and catching feelings like this.

That bs article you posted, he just credits his takedowns from the way he gets in and out from his Karate days, that doesn't mean it's from Karate though, he's just not a traditional wrestler. GSP is prob the greatest pure athlete in MMA history, he out grappled and out wrestled the top wrestlers in his division with ease during his time, without having any credentials in wrestling like these other f*ghters. That same article still says his stance isn't a traditional karate stance like I was talking about.

I don't know sh*t about MMA lmao... Please show yourself into the MMA threads , Mr. Karate Kid, I never even heard of your weirdo a*s. fu*k your Karate and/or TKD, whatever art you trained in. Like I said overall, Muay Thai would eat both with ease.

didnt read

1 month ago '21        #22
Clippers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
Silva was juicing

1 month ago '16        #23
BraveSoleXIII 
Props total: 9243 9 K  Slaps total: 1289 1 K
 bossflossy said
Lol people donít seem to understand this. I can f*ght. Iíve boxed off and on for years. I used to wrestle in middle school (I know.. itís middle school). I was messing around with my boy who has been doing BJJ for 5 years. When I tell you average people just donít have the right instincts vs someone who was taught the right instincts, bro.. youíre going to be choked out with no problem. My boy got me around the waist so my instincts were to try to disengage his hands. As soon as I put my hands down to pry them apart, I had an arm around my neck chocking me unconscious without even realizing what was happening.
+9   

1 month ago '13        #24
iamruben11 
Props total: 2084 2 K  Slaps total: 726 726
Bjj is the real deal but they don’t deserve to be worshiped like all these nerds in Cali do
+2   

1 month ago '17        #25
LazyLeg 
Props total: 13001 13 K  Slaps total: 515 515
They definitely aren't frauds but I thought it was common knowledge or maybe I just think that because that's what I happened to see that the 1st couple UFC events were heavily slanted for their benefit. I mean it's still a f*ght so someone could get lucky and askren them when they were coming in but outside that once they got you down it was basically a wrap
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  15
Got a Tesla to match my Tesla
72 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  12
AEWxNJPW Forbidden Door 6/26/22