Pusha T Claims Rap's "Forefathers" Didn't "Stand The Test Of Time"

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '18        #1
4850 page views
153 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x154
Props total: 184838 184 K  Slaps total: 7119 7 K
Pusha T Claims Rap's "Forefathers" Didn't "Stand The Test Of Time"

"It's Almost Dry is yet another celebratory milestone for Pusha T as his album has earned itself No. 1 applause. The Virginia rapper has been a mainstay in Hip Hop throughout his career, and Push is determined to not only maintain longevity but respect, as well. “When it’s innovative, when it’s honest, when it’s true, when it’s impactful, you’re gonna come under scrutiny,” he told NME in a recent interview. “I’m cool with that. I can deal with the scrutiny, but you got to admit the greatness.”

“A lot of our forefathers, the greats, they didn’t stand the test of time,” Push said. “As great as they were, I don’t know how much they are [still] appreciated. [I want] to show that rap doesn’t have to age out. When people look at me, they need to understand that I can do this forever.”

When it comes to being compared to his peers, Pusha T stands firm that all anyone needs to do is listen to his catalog to see that, according to him, he's well above.

“I feel like people are definitely seeing what the differences are between me and them,” he explained. “There’s maybe confusion and comparisons when I’m quiet, but when I’m not quiet, you actually see, ‘Oh – they’re not even close’. This [album] is exposing the difference, the creativity, the taste level.”

"I want people to look at this street rap narration that I’m painting and understand that this is all I want to make. Don’t ask me for anything else. I’m not entertaining you. I’ve been a realist. I’ve shown you everything. I’ve won the wars. I went through label dramas. I withstood everything. Now is the best time for me to be more creative and fully uplift the genre.”

visit this link https://www.hotnewhiphop. .. ws.152332.html
+24   

best
worst
153 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
HOH4ever 
Props total: 1059 1 K  Slaps total: 200 200
I didn’t know anybody could out wale wale..
+58   

1 month ago '18        #3
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x154 OP
 HOH4ever said
I didn’t know anybody could out wale wale..
+13   

1 month ago '18        #4
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 132060 132 K  Slaps total: 14896 14 K
It’s true
+24   

1 month ago '07        #5
Righteous Path  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 48738 48 K  Slaps total: 10947 10 K

I love music. Go get that Push album. He’s going to have more streams than Big one day.
+4   

1 month ago '21        #6
MISTERCYNICAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 29935 29 K  Slaps total: 3485 3 K
I'm sorry but I don't want to hear men over the age of 45 rap about Cocaine

So much other sh*t you could convey in your raps
+40   

1 month ago '12        #7
5E8FW 
Props total: 11566 11 K  Slaps total: 2139 2 K
I wouldn’t say that. You have to factor in resources. People copying their sh*t. Not compromising. And people wanting to move and do something different: family. I support his vision with longevity. And a key, while in your artistic prime is to make classic sh*t. The Message is still around.
+13   

1 month ago '05        #8
legacy313 
Props total: 12927 12 K  Slaps total: 1991 1 K
I took that as disrespect. The rap Forefathers paved the way for everybody to eat and they made some of the greatest rap albums of all time. I don’t see any timeless albums on Pusha T’s resume like Rakim, Kane, Run-DMC and Public Enemy have. Pusha T is a 1 trick pony, he has great coke bars. But I woulden’t put him on the level of Big, Hov, Rae or Ghost, because they can paint pictures. You gotta do more than just brag about how much coke you sold. He’s basically Kiss without the commercial appeal.

Last edited by legacy313; 05-21-2022 at 05:57 AM..
+60   

1 month ago '16        #9
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 81754 81 K  Slaps total: 9796 9 K
 legacy313 said
I took that at as disrespect. The rap Forefathers paved the way for everybody to eat and they made some of the greatest rap albums of all time. I don’t see any timeless albums on Pusha T’s resume like Rakim, Kane, Run-DMC and Public Enemy have. Pusha T is a 1 trick pony, he has great coke bars. But I woulden’t put him on the level of Big, Hov, Rae or Ghost, because they can paint pictures. You gotta do more than just brag about how much coke you sold. He’s basically Kiss without the commercial appeal.

Bro read the whole thread before responding
+27   

1 month ago '05        #10
legacy313 
 postemupndunkit said
Bro read the whole thread before responding
I read the whole thing, I just don’t agree with what he said.
+13   

1 month ago '22        #11
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 18742 18 K  Slaps total: 4503 4 K
He's right. As a hip-hop fan, 80s rap is damn near unlistenable aside from a select few songs... Meanwhile there are many 90s joints that are still fresh and relevant.
+30   

1 month ago '04        #12
young_fletch 
Props total: 4571 4 K  Slaps total: 780 780
It's true which why the only rapper I see from 80s still touring is Kane. Alot of dude from 90s is still ateing.
+14   

1 month ago '15        #13
JimmyDa3rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33373 33 K  Slaps total: 3804 3 K
He’s right, but they was great for their time and evolution happened.
+18   

1 month ago '18        #14
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x154 OP
It might sound like a dis ,but really he's just being a realist.
+20   

1 month ago '18        #15
 legacy313 said
I took that as disrespect. The rap Forefathers paved the way for everybody to eat and they made some of the greatest rap albums of all time. I don’t see any timeless albums on Pusha T’s resume like Rakim, Kane, Run-DMC and Public Enemy have. Pusha T is a 1 trick pony, he has great coke bars. But I woulden’t put him on the level of Big, Hov, Rae or Ghost, because they can paint pictures. You gotta do more than just brag about how much coke you sold. He’s basically Kiss without the commercial appeal.
n*gga stop. What he said was true. Push is 40 something but the n*gga don’t sound washed. n*ggas wasn’t tryna hear no new Kurtis Blow albums after the 80s

+24   

1 month ago '06        #16
Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 149401 149 K  Slaps total: 2270 2 K
Yea he spoke on this in his Drink Champs interview.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #17
Nas spoke on this on Hip Hop Is Dead as well

1 month ago '05        #18
legacy313 
 S-Class said
n*gga stop. What he said was true. Push is 40 something but the n*gga don’t sound washed. n*ggas wasn’t tryna hear no new Kurtis Blow albums after the 80s

I didin’t say he was washed, I said he wasen’t a legend
+1   

1 month ago '16        #19
144  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31877 31 K  Slaps total: 43761 43 K
It's not like Pusha T is just necessarily going to fare better.

People like their own era more usually I think. But it's wild to make this sort of statement, as if you already have yourself.
+5   

1 month ago '05        #20
Rockstar718 
Props total: 42767 42 K  Slaps total: 3588 3 K
[/EGG]
 legacy313 said

“A lot of our forefathers, the greats, they didn’t stand the test of time,” Push said. “As great as they were, I don’t know how much they are [still] appreciated. [I want] to show that rap doesn’t have to age out

How is this disrespect? Acknowledging their greatness? Acknowledging they aren't appreciated?

Read the article not just eye catching headlines
+20   

1 month ago '16        #21
 Rockstar718 said
[/EGG]

“A lot of our forefathers, the greats, they didn’t stand the test of time,” Push said. “As great as they were, I don’t know how much they are [still] appreciated. [I want] to show that rap doesn’t have to age out

How is this disrespect? Acknowledging their greatness? Acknowledging they aren't appreciated?

Read the article not just eye catching headlines
In the following sentence which you didn't bold, he is saying that he is intending to prove that you can make hip hop that stands up, whereas his predecessors didn't do so.

I'm sorry but that's a dis. He is just trying to word it slick.

Last edited by 144; 05-21-2022 at 09:27 AM..
+8   

1 month ago '05        #22
legacy313 
 144 said
In the following sentence which you didn't highlight, he is saying that he is intending to prove that you can make hip hop that stands up, whereas his predecessors didn't do so.

Exactly my point
+7   

1 month ago '11        #23
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 87884 87 K  Slaps total: 15171 15 K
let me say this the audience jump on what it wants to hear and faded out legends. yes some of us respect legends but hip hop kept staying young and they didn't want to hear no lyrical miracle spiritual they want to move and dance then trap and shine now they smoking ops on demon time and doing any thing for clout and paper and its sad to watch but i say we still have music for every one its just that you have to look for it

Pusha T is a real good artist and he has a lane but he gonna have to branch out
+2   

1 month ago '07        #24
tacuna 320 
Props total: 13133 13 K  Slaps total: 2070 2 K
 144 said
In the following sentence which you didn't highlight, he is saying that he is intending to prove that you can make hip hop that stands up, whereas his predecessors didn't do so.

Yeah its a real diss to say you wanna make music different and more successful than those who preceded you.

Doesn't every new rapper strive to make the same sounding songs for middling success? Oh they don't? Who would've thought.....

1 month ago '16        #25
 tacuna 320 said
Yeah its a real diss to say you wanna make music different and more successful than those who preceded you.

Doesn't every new rapper strive to make the same sounding songs for middling success? Oh they don't? Who would've thought.....
He is saying that his music is "better."

That's why it's a dis.
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  38
Real life Multiverse may be opened on July 5th…
110 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+24online now  19
Video inside This the new wave with jewelry…
106 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  16
Jun 29 - couple buys house in seattle......comcast wanted to charge $27000 for..
148 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
AEW Dynamite 6/29/22: Blood & Guts
388 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy