Just finished The Northman....

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
77 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+34  86
66 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '17        #1
2784 page views
56 comments

Bscot1 
Props total: 6310 6 K  Slaps total: 371 371
Just finished The Northman....

This sh*t was fire. The visuals were amazing, the attention to detail was flawless

If you like brutal slow burn revenge movies, I suggest watching this

sh*t was wild back then, no guns....just blunt objects, swords and axes...

10 out of 10 in my book
+40   

best
worst
56 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
Marccoogs19 
Props total: 15869 15 K  Slaps total: 499 499
Yeah it was pretty good. I didn't even know that this was the story that was the original inspiration for Hamlet.
+14   

1 month ago '16        #3
seatownslayer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 6711 6 K  Slaps total: 1908 1 K
This is the reason I never trust boxdens opinion on entertainment.. sh*t was garbage.. felt like an episodes of some show..story was thin as fu*k... i don't know one person who enjoyed it .everyone I know said it was a waist of their time to quote them... my dad and 3 if my friends all said the same sh*t.. boxden the only one hyping up these trash movies...

A movie needs more then cool scenes back story is a huge part of making a story good along with the growth of the characters... this sh*t had non of that. Is showed people saying sh*t and tried to make some cool looking scenes. sh*t was a solid 4 outta 10.. your better off watching vikings the show... it literally feels like the same thing with less to it... alot less.
+18   

1 month ago '05        #4
ReppinDaBurghh 
Props total: 12332 12 K  Slaps total: 4502 4 K
I only watched the first half so far but wasn't really feeling it much at all. Some straight up weirdo sh*t. Dudes crawling around burping and farting acting like dogs

I hear the second half is better though I'll prob watch it this weekend at some point.
+4   

1 month ago '22        #5
Daemonova 
Props total: 388 388  Slaps total: 55 55
The movie pretty but boring. Especially the first half.

1 month ago '20        #6
Imsofxckincool 
Props total: 1551 1 K  Slaps total: 702 702
That sh*t is overated af. I'd give it a 6.
+2   

1 month ago '11        #7
bkamagnum 
Props total: 2443 2 K  Slaps total: 441 441
The movie was ok. 7/10. It was boring at parts like they were trying to force part of the story that no one cared about. Cinematically they delivered though.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #8
lamarowns 
Props total: 9599 9 K  Slaps total: 2223 2 K
 seatownslayer said
This is the reason I never trust boxdens opinion on entertainment.. sh*t was garbage.. felt like an episodes of some show..story was thin as fu*k... i don't know one person who enjoyed it .everyone I know said it was a waist of their time to quote them... my dad and 3 if my friends all said the same sh*t.. boxden the only one hyping up these trash movies...

A movie needs more then cool scenes back story is a huge part of making a story good along with the growth of the characters... this sh*t had non of that. Is showed people saying sh*t and tried to make some cool looking scenes. sh*t was a solid 4 outta 10.. your better off watching vikings the show... it literally feels like the same thing with less to it... alot less.
listen man... errbody got diffrent taste, if i was anal, honestly i would have still liked it... yall gotta stop expecting so much from these movies, I swear you'll enjoy sh*t more.... just saw Morbius.... I liked it lmao hahahahahahaha errbody likes diffrent things, but if you lower your expectations, sh*t will be better
+1   

1 month ago '16        #9
seatownslayer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 6711 6 K  Slaps total: 1908 1 K
 lamarowns said
listen man... errbody got diffrent taste, if i was anal, honestly i would have still liked it... yall gotta stop expecting so much from these movies, I swear you'll enjoy sh*t more.... just saw Morbius.... I liked it lmao hahahahahahaha errbody likes diffrent things, but if you lower your expectations, sh*t will be better
Lol how you gonna start with every got different taste then tell me I should lower my expectations... no my n*gga I grew up before the 80s and90s and have seen the best of the best films you dont just stop remembering the films that were ground breaking and made the way for the clones that youe watch and think it is the first time done.. its clear there is two different taste. 90s and kids and later born after that are the" project x" type kids that enjoy a movie like project x and videos that would and could have been easily uploaded on s yourbe video instead of a movie. You guys enjoy things thag get likes. You live your life by wins and losses...You guys enjoy flashes scenes and dont care if the story is good.. I've come from a gen who enjoys the story more or maybe just as much as the flash and pazaz scenes...the best movies have a great combo of both and maybe more... but y gen sure can't watch with just flash and pazaz.. like a movies like project x...becuase they don't hold a candle to thr classic I grew up on..(American pie how high half baked road trip or any coming of age 90s flick). no I will not lower my standards I enjoy being informed and having a huge data base of movie seen and under my belt to base my options off the movies I continue to see... imo social media made you guys enjoy a lesser and more simpleton form of entertainment and should only be on social media..but since it your way of life it draws right into thr way your films are made.... in the end its a cheap version of hats has been done watered down and doesn't compare at all to movies made for over 100 years now... slme new movies break the new mold and add a little spice to thr old way and make it pop like never before but most dull down to youtbe status type quilty..if you enjoyed it hey good for you but like I said no one I know my age and older enjoyed it one bit.l and thats our clear opinion on thr matter..They felt like a waste of time watching the movie..not one liked it.. the best thing I can say about it is it was better then the green knight... by a little bit.. had a little more action but the same sh*t type film... the story was a*s.. if you don't have a good strong you dont have a good.movie to start...

This movie had a couple flashy f*ght scenes.. thats it.. the story was thinner then a hair...jumping from time to time and sh*t happening so fast characters never got to build... movie was a*s and I cleaey said why. You just crying I didn't like your film and you camt even explain what you liked about it and would rather a*sume I should change my tastes.. well explain towhag I missed in the movie please to change my.mind...
+1   

1 month ago '10        #10
beast mode  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11295 11 K  Slaps total: 4950 4 K
i cut it off 4 minutes into the movie because the acting we so bad. they were doing their lines with no emotion as if it was an off-broadway play. online it has pretty damn good reviews but it was so bad (for 4 minutes) which is weird because i like the actors in it.

i possibly need to give it another chance

1 month ago '05        #11
lamarowns 
Props total: 9599 9 K  Slaps total: 2223 2 K
 seatownslayer said
Lol how you gonna start with every got different taste then tell me I should lower my expectations... no my n*gga I grew up before the 80s and90s and have seen the best of the best films you dont just stop remembering the films that were ground breaking and made the way for the clones that youe watch and think it is the first time done.. its clear there is two different taste. 90s and kids and later born after that are the" project x" type kids that enjoy a movie like project x and videos that would and could have been easily uploaded on s yourbe video instead of a movie. You guys enjoy things thag get likes. You live your life by wins and losses...You guys enjoy flashes scenes and dont care if the story is good.. I've come from a gen who enjoys the story more or maybe just as much as the flash and pazaz scenes...the best movies have a great combo of both and maybe more... but y gen sure can't watch with just flash and pazaz.. like a movies like project x...becuase they don't hold a candle to thr classic I grew up on..(American pie how high half baked road trip or any coming of age 90s flick). no I will not lower my standards I enjoy being informed and having a huge data base of movie seen and under my belt to base my options off the movies I continue to see... imo social media made you guys enjoy a lesser and more simpleton form of entertainment and should only be on social media..but since it your way of life it draws right into thr way your films are made.... in the end its a cheap version of hats has been done watered down and doesn't compare at all to movies made for over 100 years now... slme new movies break the new mold and add a little spice to thr old way and make it pop like never before but most dull down to youtbe status type quilty..if you enjoyed it hey good for you but like I said no one I know my age and older enjoyed it one bit.l and thats our clear opinion on thr matter..They felt like a waste of time watching the movie..not one liked it.. the best thing I can say about it is it was better then the green knight... by a little bit.. had a little more action but the same sh*t type film... the story was a*s.. if you don't have a good strong you dont have a good.movie to start...

This movie had a couple flashy f*ght scenes.. thats it.. the story was thinner then a hair...jumping from time to time and sh*t happening so fast characters never got to build... movie was a*s and I cleaey said why. You just crying I didn't like your film and you camt even explain what you liked about it and would rather a*sume I should change my tastes.. well explain towhag I missed in the movie please to change my.mind...

lol aww man you been saving that rant... for your information, I was born in 1990.... I've literally seen all the classics, all the older movies and yeah... movies were better back then, they have been falling off... i agree... but i'm not about to go picket in hollywood to get them to make better movies ... you right, I have lowered my expectations when it comes to movies, because i swear you will enjoy them more, I'm not crying.... honestly I was just trying to help you enjoy movies more because i can picture you in your seatle supersonics hat hating on Marvel movies

1 month ago '09        #12
Baynut 
Props total: 5339 5 K  Slaps total: 468 468
Solid 8/10. I liked it a lot but I wish the f*ght scenes were a little better.
+3   

1 month ago '13        #13
Kay Kuttah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 41605 41 K  Slaps total: 2488 2 K
Some of the reviews in here

I’ll check it out, simply cause it looks like Vikings, which was a fire show

1 month ago '22        #14
FAKE TEKASHI 
Props total: 358 358  Slaps total: 323 323
 seatownslayer said

i wouldnt say it was garbage but the story was underwhelming. If they would just stayed with with the berserker/wolf storyline that sh*t would of been WAY better
+1   

1 month ago '08        #15
Imagin3 
Props total: 15110 15 K  Slaps total: 2060 2 K
Damn just watched last night and thought it was trash

Different strokes for different folks

I would give it 5.5 maybe 6/10

1 month ago '17        #16
Bscot1  OP
Props total: 6310 6 K  Slaps total: 371 371
 seatownslayer said

n*gga what?

"A movie needs more then cool scenes back story is a huge part of making a story good along with the growth of the characters..."

The movie literally STARTS with him as a kid
The movie shows you what happened leading up to the end
Paying attention pays off because each character had a motive for why they did what they did.

Safe to say you probably applaud the writing on Power

+4   

1 month ago '17        #17
KINGMFCOLD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9821 9 K  Slaps total: 1132 1 K
 Bscot1 said
n*gga what?

"A movie needs more then cool scenes back story is a huge part of making a story good along with the growth of the characters..."

The movie literally STARTS with him as a kid
The movie shows you what happened leading up to the end
Paying attention pays off because each character had a motive for why they did what they did.

Safe to say you probably applaud the writing on Power

Nah this movie wasnt that good. Power on the other hand is enjoyable.

1 month ago '05        #18
edote 
Props total: 2611 2 K  Slaps total: 197 197
Was pretty good.

1 month ago '05        #19
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 80096 80 K  Slaps total: 11682 11 K
good movie overrated tho
+1   

1 month ago '16        #20
Beamin23 
Props total: 5622 5 K  Slaps total: 717 717
Movie was trash, battle scenes started off dope as hell but as soon as he got on the boat went all down hill.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #21
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 27223 27 K  Slaps total: 3274 3 K
Nice to see I am not the only one that thought it was overhyped but good. I preferred the Green Knight and The Last Duel to it but glad to see this genre is seemingly here to stay murky narrative driven parables based on fantastic nigh forgotten lore of an age so foreign and lost on the world today.

I heard it bombed at the box office which is disappointing because I want more of these movies over all the hollow cgi spectacles we see all too much these days.

Also after I watched this I went to olay Hellblade again and damn I love that game can’t wait for part two

1 month ago '17        #22
LarrySub810 
Props total: 3384 3 K  Slaps total: 257 257
sh*t was garbricio… 3-4/10. Story line coulda been good, but they fu*ked it up. First 15-20 were good, then just all downhill once he branded himself a slave. Just wasn’t good personally. To each his own tho.

1 month ago '22        #23
K Durants Brush 
Props total: 2197 2 K  Slaps total: 87 87
Yah, this sh*t was dope.

I fux wid it.

Apparently this is the story that Shakespeare got Hamlet from.

Spoiler alert...

[spoiler - click to view]

+7   

1 month ago '18        #24
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 65742 65 K  Slaps total: 3522 3 K
 K Durants Brush said
Yah, this sh*t was dope.

I fux wid it.

Apparently this is the story that Shakespeare got Hamlet from.

Spoiler alert...

[spoiler - click to view]

fu*ked up but he had a choice to make it.
+4   

1 month ago '15        #25
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 83247 83 K  Slaps total: 4702 4 K
Damn let me find out BX full of weirdos that be liking whack movies
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  70
So the NBA stands for National Beige a*sociation now
45 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  57
Video inside Jun 26 - Orange County Deputy Suspended over Tik Tok Videos!
75 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+48online now  28
Stephanie Tanner from Full House gets manhandled by LAPD at Pro Choice protest..
158 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  19
Article inside Christian Bale Says His Thor 4 Prosthetics 'Affected My Brain'
62 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy