Coach Prime Responds To Saban

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
-20  93
52 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '07        #1
3653 page views
93 comments

strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 44299 44 K  Slaps total: 9994 9 K
Coach Prime Responds To Saban

+37   

best
worst
93 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 42591 42 K  Slaps total: 6687 6 K
No cap...I get on my kids for the same thing...get that bullsh*t from they mom
+39   

1 month ago '07        #3
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 82837 82 K  Slaps total: 8420 8 K
Saban a hater dog
+35   

1 month ago '07        #4
timdog  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 56808 56 K  Slaps total: 7174 7 K
Saban got his house paid for and he talking
+31   

1 month ago '11        #5
Hooper4eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5061 5 K  Slaps total: 190 190

CANTON, Texas — Alabama coach Nick Saban’s comments that Jackson State paid a recruit $1 million to play football at the historically Black college and university echoed far and wide Wednesday night. By Thursday morning, a source said, Saban reached out to Sanders’ representatives to chat.

Sanders isn’t interested in a private conversation.

“I haven’t talked to Coach Saban. I’m sure he’s tried to call. We need to talk publicly — not privately. What you said was public. That doesn’t require a conversation. Let’s talk publicly and let everybody hear the conversation,” Sanders told Andscape on Thursday.

“You can’t do that publicly and call privately. No, no, no. I still love him. I admire him. I respect him. He’s the magna c*m laude of college football and that’s what it’s going to be because he’s earned that.

“But he took a left when he should’ve stayed right. I’m sure he’ll get back on course. I ain’t tripping.”

Sanders, who has done several Aflac insurance commercials with Saban, also issued a warning. As a former NFL star who has relationships with dozens of players he met either when he covered the draft for 14 years as an employee of NFL Network or as a head coach at the Under Armour All-America Game, Sanders said coaches don’t want him talking about what he knows when it comes to paying players.

“I don’t even wear a watch and I know what time it is. They forget I know who’s been bringing the bag and dropping it off,” Sanders said. “I know this stuff. I’m not the one you want to play with when it comes to all of this stuff.”

Saban, speaking Wednesday night to local business leaders in Birmingham, Alabama, to promote the World Games, spoke for several minutes about paying players, name, image and likeness (NIL) deals and their effect on college football.

Saban didn’t name the player, but Travis Hunter, ranked No. 2 on the ESPN 300 recruiting list, flipped from Florida State to Jackson State in December.

RELATED STORY
Jackson State’s Travis Hunter and Deion Sanders bonded over a mutual interest
Read now
“Jackson State paid a guy $1 million last year that was a really good Division I player to come to school,” Saban said. “It was in the paper. They bragged about it. Nobody did anything about it.”

The Southeastern Conference publicly reprimanded Saban on Thursday for his comments.

Sanders dismissed the notion of Hunter earning anywhere close to $1 million.

“I don’t make a million. Travis ain’t built like that. Travis ain’t chasing a dollar. Travis is chasing greatness. Travis and his family don’t get down like that,” Sanders said. “They never came to us in search of the bag. They’re not built like that. This kid wants to be great.

“He wants my hands on him. He wants me to mold him. He wants me to be his navigational system through life. He wants to be that dude.”

Hunter, the first five-star player to sign with an FCS school, idolized Sanders as a kid. Hunter’s father rooted for the San Francisco 49ers, which is how Hunter became such a Sanders fan. Jackson State also signed receiver Kevin Coleman, the seventh-ranked wideout in the ESPN 300.

“Once upon a time the bag was just a bag. Now, there’s equality among the big boys. We don’t have those types of bags. We don’t have the boosters and donors and givers,” Sanders said. “Leave me out of that mess y’all got going on.

“What about Kevin Coleman? Who’s he? He spoke on [his counterpart’s] behalf because you don’t want that to happen again. You don’t want that to happen next year that we get another big-time player or two or three or four. Now, that’s flipping the game. I understand the game. I get it. I’m not mad.”

A source said Hunter has two current NIL deals and two pending. The deals are worth less than $250,000.

Saban also said Texas A&M paid all of its recruits to sign with the Aggies. Sanders said he didn’t think Saban was taking personal shots at him or Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher.

“Coach Saban wasn’t talking to me. Coach Saban wasn’t talking to Jimbo Fisher. He was talking to his boosters. He was talking to his alumni. He was talking to his givers. He was trying to get money,” Sanders said. “That was what he was doing. He was just using us to get to where he was trying to get to.”
+32   

1 month ago '09        #6
ahmadou1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 90957 90 K  Slaps total: 6250 6 K
The best part of eating wings is when you double back at the end and scrape that extra meat you didn't see the first time
+43   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '04        #7
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 62638 62 K  Slaps total: 15627 15 K
fu*k Nick Saban clown a*s..His QB from Cali, so he skipped over all the schools because Alabama a cool state lol Alabama paid foh
+27   

1 month ago '05        #8
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 136696 136 K  Slaps total: 42775 42 K
How is there a shortage on chicken wings but hella thighs are available
+28   

1 month ago '05        #9
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 136696 136 K  Slaps total: 42775 42 K
Also why isn’t rooster edible?
+1   

1 month ago '08        #10
moneybucket 
Props total: 4858 4 K  Slaps total: 967 967
How you pronounce that n*ggas name?

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '22        #11
Deeebo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9367 9 K  Slaps total: 3985 3 K
Wtf is a Shedeur
+5   

1 month ago '09        #12
WiLL 
Props total: 5586 5 K  Slaps total: 142 142
Some mango habanero wings sound fire right now
+7   

1 month ago '06        #13
riga89 
Props total: 1181 1 K  Slaps total: 103 103
I can't wait until Shannon Sharpe goes in on Saban tomorrow. We all know Nick is a snake and can't coach up players without elite talent. He ran off from Miami after he found out EVERYBODY was A level talent in the NFL and he actually had work to do. He quit on the Dolphins like he will quit on an injured player he has no use for anymore. It is what it is. Smart people already knew who Nick Saban was. Now he done fu*ked up because he is exposing himself and the Jumbo Fisher's and Deion Sander's of the world aren't afraid to speak on his bullsh*t.

Nick Saban should be known as a "recruiter" because he damn sure isn't a "coach". Go ask Brian Flores on about Nick Saban. He'll tell you the damn truth.
+8   

1 month ago '16        #14
ChefCurry  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2569 2 K  Slaps total: 446 446
 moneybucket said
How you pronounce that n*ggas name?
Shuh-door
+5   

1 month ago '17        #15
Berr 
Props total: 1433 1 K  Slaps total: 200 200
 Tha Boss said
underrated post

1 month ago '04        #16
YngSwift 
Props total: 1798 1 K  Slaps total: 205 205
Didn't Saban and Prime just have a insurance commercial together not long ago now Saban taking shots smh
+8   

1 month ago '04        #17
zone3cp 
Props total: 181655 181 K  Slaps total: 18369 18 K
I knew some old heads who was salty about you not eating the chicken wing flat or gristle. Then they’ll proceed to take it off your plate and eat it. It’ll be plenty of chicken left but they live by principles. “That’s the best part young n*gga.”
+6   

1 month ago '04        #18
tdm2000 
Props total: 2774 2 K  Slaps total: 330 330
 YngSwift said
Didn't Saban and Prime just have a insurance commercial together not long ago now Saban taking shots smh
Yeah, that's the crazy part about this situation. Prime has always gave Saban props.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #19
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 21915 21 K  Slaps total: 7362 7 K
“I haven’t talked to Coach Saban. I’m sure he’s tried to call. We need to talk publicly — not privately. What you said was public. That doesn’t require a conversation. Let’s talk publicly and let everybody hear the conversation,”
+8   

1 month ago '16        #20
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 131212 131 K  Slaps total: 14188 14 K
$3 million for alabama team???? Nick saban runnin a temp service program.
+5   

1 month ago '18        #21
baddie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 62220 62 K  Slaps total: 24132 24 K
I hope him and his f*g**t a*s daddy sh*t the bed at Jackson

Nick ain’t say nothing wrong but they tryna spin it as some race vs race bs rhetoric

Any n*gga in or around Alabama program know that man a real one and bout what he talking about. fu*k prime …

1 month ago '13        #22
sinatraytn 
Props total: 4784 4 K  Slaps total: 607 607
 baddie said
I hope him and his f*g**t a*s daddy sh*t the bed at Jackson

Nick ain’t say nothing wrong but they tryna spin it as some race vs race bs rhetoric

Any n*gga in or around Alabama program know that man a real one and bout what he talking about. fu*k prime …
Your name is baddie

Baddie = Batty
+13   

1 month ago '07        #23
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x148
Props total: 296738 296 K  Slaps total: 26398 26 K
 Tha Boss said
+7   

1 month ago '16        #24
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 99635 99 K  Slaps total: 14453 14 K
 Tha Boss said
Are you serious?

Because chicken WINGS are very popular and each bird only has two. Four if we're talking drumettes and flats but there is much, much, much more demand for chicken wings than thighs. And that's it. How many restaurants do you know that sell thighs? The demand for all parts of the birds isn't equal. Wings are much more popular now than they were a decade or two ago. Wings used to be very very a*sociated with sports and sports bars and that has changed

But for real isn't it obvious that wings are more popular than thighs?

+2   

1 month ago '07        #25
Rico23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 65569 65 K  Slaps total: 6974 6 K
 riga89 said
I can't wait until Shannon Sharpe goes in on Saban tomorrow. We all know Nick is a snake and can't coach up players without elite talent. He ran off from Miami after he found out EVERYBODY was A level talent in the NFL and he actually had work to do. He quit on the Dolphins like he will quit on an injured player he has no use for anymore. It is what it is. Smart people already knew who Nick Saban was. Now he done fu*ked up because he is exposing himself and the Jumbo Fisher's and Deion Sander's of the world aren't afraid to speak on his bullsh*t.

Nick Saban should be known as a "recruiter" because he damn sure isn't a "coach". Go ask Brian Flores on about Nick Saban. He'll tell you the damn truth.
Skip and Shannon talked about it already... Shannon basically called Nick a dirty mackin/dry snitchin hater
+7   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+182online now  57
Article inside Lil TJay Update: 6/24 7:30pm EST
211 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+217online now  43
Video inside Boxden do u believe why she says “Most men are single”?
102 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+48online now  32
Video inside Lion's dog friends came thru for a visit
25 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  29
We Need to Talk About Herogasm