May 18 - Euro could slide below dollar parity for first time in 20 years

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+68  130
186 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '20        #1
397 page views
10 comments

BX Politican 
Props total: 2570 2 K  Slaps total: 296 296
May 18 - Euro could slide below dollar parity for first time in 20 years

The euro is on the verge of U.S. dollar parity for the first time in two decades.

Europe’s common currency has already slumped to a five-year low near $1.03, buckling from a rush into the greenback as a haven from market turmoil and on the war in Ukraine. That’s led the likes of HSBC Holdings Plc and RBC Capital Markets to predict the two will hit parity in 2022.

Hedge funds are already betting on it. They’ve piled on $7 billion in notional value into options wagers on parity in the past month alone, making it the most popular trade among those looking for a further drop in the common currency.

“The euro itself is not an attractive currency at the moment,” said Francesco Pesole, a currency strategist at ING Groep NV. While the Dutch bank is keeping its official euro forecast for the next six months at $1.05, Pesole admits the dollar’s strength and market volatility means parity is likely.

To a large extent the euro’s plight is a function of dollar strength, which has been supercharged as the Federal Reserve presses on with bigger interest-rate hikes than its peers. A fresh bout of global risk aversion that has taken the wind out of equity and credit markets is only adding momentum to the move into haven currencies.

There’s also a darkening outlook for the European economy. A continuing standoff with Moscow over the supply of natural gas to the continent has raised the prospect of a pronounced slowdown. The International Monetary Fund has slashed its 2022 growth forecast for the currency bloc to 2.8%.

That’s left the European Central Bank walking a tightrope. It has to balance the need for tighter policy to tame record inflation against the prospect of the economic damage that could cause -- especially in some of the region’s most indebted member states such as Italy. While officials may raise rates above zero before the end of the year, there are doubts over further hikes beyond that.
visit this link https://www.bloomberg.com .. me-in-20-years
+3   

best
worst
10 comments

2 months ago '13        #2
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21700 21 K  Slaps total: 2129 2 K
The mighty mighty $dollar bill.. Russia and Chinas plan to wean the world into something new is backfiring.
+4   

2 months ago '18        #3
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 84327 84 K  Slaps total: 8503 8 K
The sad sh*t if we werent so fu*king divided this country could literally be a utopia.
+8   

2 months ago '07        #4
iswerve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21467 21 K  Slaps total: 2868 2 K
 DUCEDUCE said
The sad sh*t if we werent so fu*king divided this country could literally be a utopia.
we legit hate ourselves, never seen a country so divided, and never look at the big picture.....we deserve whatever tf we get....cuz idiots too fkn stupid
+4   

2 months ago '18        #5
Ryo857 
Props total: 7038 7 K  Slaps total: 785 785
 boobalo1 said
The mighty mighty $dollar bill.. Russia and Chinas plan to wean the world into something new is backfiring.
That part!
+2   

2 months ago '20        #6
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 63517 63 K  Slaps total: 11663 11 K
Isn't that what Washington wants

2 months ago '06        #7
authenic 
Props total: 6017 6 K  Slaps total: 1486 1 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Hope u aint talking about that that partly cloudly soggy a*s place called Seattle...I mean the UK

1 month ago '17        #8
Jdog168  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 16964 16 K  Slaps total: 397 397
Might be time to take that trip to Europe
+3   

1 month ago '08        #9
FlyboyCaz 
Props total: 8936 8 K  Slaps total: 842 842
 Jdog168 said
Word!
+1   

1 month ago '08        #10
el bundy 
Props total: 5809 5 K  Slaps total: 275 275
I'm going to Europe for my honeymoon at the end of June so this is perfect
+3   

1 month ago '06        #11
nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 8811 8 K  Slaps total: 339 339
 Jdog168 said
i was in Finland last week and that sh*t caught me off guard when i was buying sh*t and the sh*t was almost identical, because last time i went out there, my wallet was getting merked
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+193online now  23
Image(s) inside My new Day 2 Day bucket
258 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside GET THE fu-k OFF EXCHANGES Voyager Digital suspends withdrawals
37 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-37online now  16
Image(s) inside Glamorous heiress, 45, charged with having s*x with 14-year-old boy fo..
264 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Mya back in her prime VS Halle Berry back in her prime
58 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy