Netflix tells employees to quit if they’re offended by new culture memo

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
82 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '19        #1
2459 page views
38 comments

blackstreet11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 5230 5 K  Slaps total: 1677 1 K
Netflix tells employees to quit if they’re offended by new culture memo

Netflix is putting their feet down finally a company going against the populist

visit this link https://www.fox5ny.com/ne .. eLlUr3iMdo2ts4

Streaming giant Netflix has told its employees to leave the company if they’re offended by the content the company is producing.

The directive is found in a memo, first reported by Variety, titled "Netflix Culture – Seeking Excellence."

"As employees we support the principle that Netflix offers a diversity of stories, even if we find some titles counter to our own personal values," the memo states.

"Depending on your role, you may need to work on titles you perceive to be harmful," the memo continued. "If you’d find it hard to support our content breadth, Netflix may not be the best place for you."

NETFLIX COULD ADD COMMERCIALS BY END OF THE YEAR: REPORT

The memo comes shortly after employees staged a walkout after Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos continued to air Dave Chappelle's special despite its jabs at the transgender community.

In the memo, Netflix acknowledged that some programs might be problematic for some viewers, but the streaming service is choosing not to silence artists.

"Not everyone will like — or agree with — everything on our service," the memo said.

"While every title is different, we approach them based on the same set of principles: We support the artistic expression of the creators we choose to work with; we program for a diversity of audiences and tastes; and we let viewers decide what’s appropriate for them, versus having Netflix censor specific artists or voices," it added.

The memo surfaced after Netflix suffered its first subscriber loss in more than a decade. The company's customer base fell by 200,000 subscribers during the January-March period, according to its quarterly earnings report.

The company blamed password sharing among its members and increasing competition in the streaming space for creating what it called "revenue growth headwinds." Netflix estimated that, besides its nearly 222 million paying households, the service is being shared with an additional 100 million homes, including 30 million in the U.S. and Canada.
+23   

best
worst
38 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 71615 71 K  Slaps total: 14967 14 K
Netflix putting their foot down on a lot of sh*t from passwords to pricing and even the Chappelle sh*t. They getting even more of a spotlight cuz the streaming war.

They definitely feel the pressure.

1 month ago '04        #3
patt24 
Props total: 16195 16 K  Slaps total: 1638 1 K
We support the artistic expression of the creators we choose to work with; we program for a diversity of audiences and tastes; and we let viewers decide what’s appropriate for them, versus having Netflix censor specific artists or voices," it added.
all that needed to be said... same goes for their consumers but they would never say that...

+20   

1 month ago '21        #4
2Pac Cares  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 8294 8 K  Slaps total: 7634 7 K
The transgendered community putting their foot down doesn't sound like much when you consider they put their c*cks down
+12   

1 month ago '16        #5
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22774 22 K  Slaps total: 2081 2 K
 Pastor Ra said
Netflix putting their foot down on a lot of sh*t from passwords to pricing and even the Chappelle sh*t. They getting even more of a spotlight cuz the streaming war.

They definitely feel the pressure.
They’re laying off employees too:
+2   

1 month ago '04        #6
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 57906 57 K  Slaps total: 4141 4 K
Interesting paradox or actually common sense...

Look how about this it's a private business... So.....
+3   

1 month ago '04        #7
Jae_Hood_354 
Props total: 10457 10 K  Slaps total: 1021 1 K
Btw that ad in between the article is weird about commercials just means they are adding a ad supported tier before December that’s all.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #8
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 71615 71 K  Slaps total: 14967 14 K
 Ravishing said
They’re laying off employees too:
More pressure than I thought

1 month ago '17        #9
HH080 
Props total: 12097 12 K  Slaps total: 1027 1 K
 2Pac Cares said
The transgendered community putting their foot down doesn't sound like much when you consider they put their c*cks down
Why would a straight man consider that?
+6   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '16        #10
aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20458 20 K  Slaps total: 2101 2 K
One thing i agree with them on...you don't like my product then stop working here and go elsewhere. I guess fairness & equality only matter when it's one sided to the lbgt community and feminists..

Should've kept walking y'all a*s out like y'all DJ unk if y'all felt so tight about it..

Still fu*k netflix but i agree with them here
+10   

1 month ago '17        #11
one il matt 56  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 27564 27 K  Slaps total: 4290 4 K
 2Pac Cares said
Swing and miss, big fella.
+15   

1 month ago '20        #12
Jimmy2times 
Props total: 28578 28 K  Slaps total: 2489 2 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Interesting paradox or actually common sense...

Look how about this it's a private business... So.....
Lol it's one of the largest publicly traded companies so it's not a private business. But I get what you're trying to say.
+4   

1 month ago '18        #13
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 69955 69 K  Slaps total: 4760 4 K
They talking about that cuties bull sh*t they had on there too for clarity... They just really setting the stage though and trying to get/keep customer support. They gonna be laying off a lot of ppl just like every other company is. Gotta get their market share up too... Convenient excuses
+3   

1 month ago '21        #14
sideline  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 7088 7 K  Slaps total: 1819 1 K
Netflix is going out bad. From supporting Dave Chappelle over the LGBT community to losing so many subscribers to attacking password sharing to adding ads and constantly poppin off at the mouth against their users. That rise and fall documentary will have plenty plenty of ammo. It's strange how company that's been around so long, doesn't know how to restrain from saying sh*t that will p*ss people off. It's like they have no public skills whatsoever.

Last edited by sideline; 05-17-2022 at 07:00 PM..

1 month ago '05        #15
projectd06 
Props total: 38352 38 K  Slaps total: 8848 8 K
 sideline said
Netflix is going out bad. From supporting Dave Chappelle over the LGBT community to losing so many subscribers to attacking password sharing to adding ads and constantly poppin off at the mouth against their users. That rise and fall documentary will have plenty plenty of ammo. It's strange how company that's been around so long, doesn't know how to restrain from saying sh*t that will p*ss people off. It's like they have no public skills whatsoever.
My guy you mad at a company trying to prevent theft? Yall cats mad about this password sharing crackdown are all crazy.
+11   

1 month ago '19        #16
614kj 
Props total: 1832 1 K  Slaps total: 226 226
Trying to make people quit so they don't have to pay unemployment lol...

1 month ago '21        #17
 projectd06 said
My guy you mad at a company trying to prevent theft? Yall cats mad about this password sharing crackdown are all crazy.
I'm not mad about anything. I don't use even Netflix. The point is that it's a dumb business move for them to make public statements about stopping it. Stop it quietly.

1 month ago '05        #18
projectd06 
 aquisite04 said
One thing i agree with them on...you don't like my product then stop working here and go elsewhere. I guess fairness & equality only matter when it's one sided to the lbgt community and feminists..

Should've kept walking y'all a*s out like y'all DJ unk if y'all felt so tight about it..

Still fu*k netflix but i agree with them here
I agree to a point but at the same time, man they got a movie on there about kids dancing s*xually and they trying to act high and mighty about their "culture".
+1   

1 month ago '20        #19
Ball Man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11785 11 K  Slaps total: 1538 1 K
Wish Netflix had those cash money films from the 90's
+5   

1 month ago '18        #20
ANONThuMz 
Props total: 15165 15 K  Slaps total: 916 916
 sideline said
I'm not mad about anything. I don't use even Netflix. The point is that it's a dumb business move for them to make public statements about stopping it. Stop it quietly.
You don’t use it so why do you have an opinion on it?

1 month ago '05        #21
projectd06 
 sideline said
Why? People who aren't stealing it don't give a sh*t, the only people who are going to get mad are the people stealing it, and I'm pretty sure they are going to figure it out anyway and still get mad.

So who do they need to keep it quiet for? The stock holders? The only reasonable answer, and it was still going to come out eventually.
+3   

1 month ago '21        #22
 BlaqThum said
You don’t use it so why do you have an opinion on it?
Bcuz I have a free mind. What are you go do about it?

1 month ago '18        #23
ANONThuMz 
Props total: 15165 15 K  Slaps total: 916 916
 sideline said
Bcuz I have a free mind. What are you go do about it?
The same thing you doing …nothing lol live yo truth doh teggaf

1 month ago '21        #24
 projectd06 said
Why? People who aren't stealing it don't give a sh*t, the only people who are going to get mad are the people stealing it, and I'm pretty sure they are going to figure it out anyway and still get mad.

So who do they need to keep it quiet for? The stock holders? The only reasonable answer, and it was still going to come out eventually.
Never said that they had to do anything. Simply said that it was a dumb move.

1 month ago '22        #25
usafveteran  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 3706 3 K  Slaps total: 275 275
 Ball Man said
Wish Netflix had those cash money films from the 90's
With the pr0nos at the end?
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  123
So the NBA stands for National Beige a*sociation now
63 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+50online now  55
Stephanie Tanner from Full House gets manhandled by LAPD at Pro Choice protest..
162 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  31
Video inside Jun 26 - Orange County Deputy Suspended over Tik Tok Videos!
79 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+75online now  29
Got a Tesla to match my Tesla
47 comments
20 hours ago
@rides
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy