May 17 - postmaster general goon louis dejoy.....im slapping price hikes on mail services

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
31 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '09        #1
516 page views
19 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x85
Props total: 268909 268 K  Slaps total: 28934 28 K
May 17 - postmaster general goon louis dejoy.....im slapping price hikes on mail services

visit this link https://federalnewsnetwor .. fortable-rate/

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy expects the Postal Service will need to keep raising prices on its monopoly mail products for the foreseeable future, as part of a 10-year reform plan to improve its long-term financial health.

DeJoy said Thursday said the mailing industry needs to be prepared for USPS to raise prices on its market-dominant products “at an uncomfortable rate,” until it reaches a point where the agency is on track to be self-sustaining in the long term.

“While our pricing decisions are ultimately made under the authority of the Board of Governors, in the near term, I will most likely be advocating for these increases,” DeJoy said during a meeting of the USPS Board of Governors. “I believe we have been severely damaged by at least 10 years of a defective pricing model, which cannot be satisfied by one or two annual price increases, especially in this inflationary environment.”

DeJoy said USPS is also within “striking distance” of achieving its 95% on-time delivery goal for market-dominant mail, and that on average, it currently takes the agency takes 2.7 days to deliver market-dominant mail.

“This means the speed to deliver is on average as fast as it was pre-pandemic, pre-first class standard changes — and pre-Louis DeJoy,” DeJoy said.

This quarter, USPS delivered 87.9% of first-class mail on time, compared to delivering 78.1% of mail on time for the same period last year.

USPS last month, on the same day President Joe Biden signed a major postal reform bill into law, announced it would raise market-dominant mail prices by about 6.5% on July 10.

Under these new prices, the price of a first-class stamp will go up from 58 cents to 60 cents.

The Postal Regulatory Commission implemented a new rate-setting system for USPS in 2020, giving the agency flexibility to set prices higher than the rate of inflation.

The Alliance of Nonprofit Mailers and a*sociation for Postal Commerce filed a petition with the commission last month urging the regulator to reconsider its rate system for USPS, given that Congress has passed the Postal Service Reform Act.

The a*sociations led mailers in a lawsuit challenging the rate-setting system last year, but the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled against them, arguing that the PRC has firm control over the regulation of USPS pricing
+1   

best
worst
19 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 21915 21 K  Slaps total: 7362 7 K
The Postal Regulatory Commission implemented a new rate-setting system for USPS in 2020, giving the agency flexibility to set prices higher than the rate of inflation.

1 month ago '16        #3
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 99636 99 K  Slaps total: 14453 14 K
DeJoy wants to k*ll USPS. He is deeply invested in private shipping companies. He hates that USPS doesn't have to be profitable because it makes it more difficult for private shipping companies to capture market share.

The idea that USPS should be self-sufficient is absolutely bonkers and anti-democratic. We need mail services in this country. No one should be priced out of them. Government services are paid for via taxes, they don't need to pay for themselves. We aren't billed by the police or by firemen when we use those services - though conservatives would probably prefer a world where you had to pay for essential services as well.

This guy is a fu*king criminal. Why isn't it illegal to try and sabotage a government service from within?
+19   

1 month ago '18        #4
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 83839 83 K  Slaps total: 8402 8 K
They are deadset on handing over the business to fed ex and ups and its working. I use USPS less and less.
+5   

1 month ago '21        #5
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26794 26 K  Slaps total: 7230 7 K
Break it and then say it doesn't work so private business is needed

Dude literally said they were going to raise prices until it was uncomfortable
+12   

1 month ago '17        #6
yousabitch 
Props total: 25352 25 K  Slaps total: 7535 7 K
 Tlatoani said
Break it and then say it doesn't work so private business is needed

Dude literally said they were going to raise prices until it was uncomfortable
i buy bootleg first class mail stamps online......i just received 1000 of them they work just fine for about 19 cents a stamp
+6   

1 month ago '21        #7
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26794 26 K  Slaps total: 7230 7 K
 yousabi*ch said
i buy bootleg first class mail stamps online......i just received 1000 of them they work just fine for about 19 cents a stamp
I get my roll of $100 through FB groups for $35-39.

Heard about the bootleg ones but I don't do enough volume to really justify the fraud
+1   

1 month ago '17        #8
yousabitch 
Props total: 25352 25 K  Slaps total: 7535 7 K
 Tlatoani said
I get my roll of $100 through FB groups for $35-39.

Heard about the bootleg ones but I don't do enough volume to really justify the fraud
im sure those are bootleg as well...a sh*t ton of people use them i use to grab my stamps from the post office until about a year ago..they ve raised the prices of stamps twice recently so fu*k the usps
+2   

1 month ago '10        #9
t from the 617 
Props total: 29020 29 K  Slaps total: 919 919
 Boogersugar said
DeJoy wants to k*ll USPS. He is deeply invested in private shipping companies. He hates that USPS doesn't have to be profitable because it makes it more difficult for private shipping companies to capture market share.

The idea that USPS should be self-sufficient is absolutely bonkers and anti-democratic. We need mail services in this country. No one should be priced out of them. Government services are paid for via taxes, they don't need to pay for themselves. We aren't billed by the police or by firemen when we use those services - though conservatives would probably prefer a world where you had to pay for essential services as well.

This guy is a fu*king criminal. Why isn't it illegal to try and sabotage a government service from within?
fu*kin facts. nobody has ever in history worried about whether the fire department turned a profit, why the fu*k does it matter for the mail?

how is dejoy still in this position?
+9   

1 month ago '17        #10
Jdog168  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 16903 16 K  Slaps total: 397 397
 t from the 617 said
fu*kin facts. nobody has ever in history worried about whether the fire department turned a profit, why the fu*k does it matter for the mail?

how is dejoy still in this position?
Because it's difficult to remove that position for what ever reason. "President Joe Biden does not have the legal authority to fire the postmaster general"

+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '04        #11
zone3cp 
Props total: 181695 181 K  Slaps total: 18370 18 K
I know too many minorities who work at the post office. I try to fu*k with USPS as much as I can.
+8   

1 month ago '12        #12
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 204951 204 K  Slaps total: 11879 11 K
 DUCEDUCE said
They are deadset on handing over the business to fed ex and ups and its working. I use USPS less and less.
Nah if it ever got to that point Bezos would swoop in and throw all of his money at it. Been talks of his hopes to privatize mail services and own it for years now.
+2   

1 month ago '10        #13
lltreyll 
Props total: 9141 9 K  Slaps total: 2657 2 K
It isn't just usps that's fu*ked up. My family in another state was promised and gaurenteed that if they paid to have things sent to me on a certain day it would be. First UPS told them that, and it didn't get delivered until the day after. Then other family members tried Fed Ex instead, and they were also promised and gaurenteed what they were sending would be delivered on Monday. It
didn't either. It actually got delivered today....

So from USPS, to UPS and FedEx, paying extra to get things delivered "faster" is pointless right now..

I gotta say though, I've been ordering all kinds of things through Amazon Prime and had it so I could pick it up at a local business that is an "Amazon Hub Counter". Just about every other day I'd go there to pick up what I ordered, and I say that to emphasize just how often Ive used Amazon. Unlike all the others, every estimated delivery date was on point. Sometimes things would even come earlier than expected.

All the while paying usps, ups, and fedex extra to try and get things delivered as soon as possible has been a complete waste of money. Them fu*kpuddles lied to my family with promises and gaurentees too. But the locker and Hub Counter option through Amazon Prime has been amazing and 100% reliable..

If I had to guess why it's so different than other couriers has something to do with Prime deliveries set to be picked up at a locker or Hub Counter involves shipping insurance of some kind. Otherwise it's a complete mystery to me, because a ups driver is who ultimately delivers what I order from Amazon to the business near me. And it gets delivered fast. Meanwhile when I ordered car parts that the supplier shipped to my address through ups, it took longer and didn't get delivered within the expected delivery date.

So there is definitely an advantage of using Amazon Prime and either having it shipped to be picked up from a locker or hub counter.
+2   

1 month ago '08        #14
MotorBoat Jones 
Props total: 7087 7 K  Slaps total: 630 630
Me even knowing who this clown is...
... is reason #786 of why Trump is wild annoying.

Last edited by MotorBoat Jones; 05-17-2022 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Clown felt more appropriate
+6   

1 month ago '20        #15
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 62722 62 K  Slaps total: 11483 11 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Amazon will win that bid dude

1 month ago '04        #16
TaeTae 
Props total: 3854 3 K  Slaps total: 693 693
Dejoy about to lose De Job.... they just confirmed 2 postal service board members he's out of there
+5   

1 month ago '20        #17
DigitalxMoney 
Props total: 141 141  Slaps total: 18 18
This bum and his wife have between 30-75 million dollars in private shipping companies that are directly in competition with usps. How the fu*k he’s allowed to be postmaster is some definite trump-related bullsh*t. Like most sh*t trump did, appointing him PM general was a disgraceful move. As the above poster said how in the world is he still in his position is beyond me.
+5   

1 month ago '21        #18
Drill 
Props total: 4856 4 K  Slaps total: 456 456
 TaeTae said
Dejoy about to lose De Job.... they just confirmed 2 postal service board members he's out of there
the problem is that dems dont appoint shameless partisans who have no problem pushing an agenda and doing the party/donors bidding regardless of how unpopular it is or the backlash from media.

republicans do. they just set a goal and go do that sh*t. fu*k everybody and everything else.

dems be worried about norms, optics, pissing off republicans, etc.

so theres no guarantee that the biden appointees...who are technically the majority now...are all on board with firing dejoy. and even if they were...you know how these dem appointees be. they gotta methodically go through all of the proper steps and gather stats and confer with other agencies and so and so on. sh*t be like 3 years later when they finally pull the trigger.

+1   

1 month ago '18        #19
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 131587 131 K  Slaps total: 14798 14 K
fu*k usps

1 month ago '16        #20
popogogo 
Props total: 27758 27 K  Slaps total: 1207 1 K
Another move to cripple the middle class even more.

My father retired from the Post Office.
He raised a family, put 2 kids through private school and college.

We went on 2 vacations a year and had a nice home in a middle class neighborhood with a dog and 2 cars. Had great health insurance and an emergency fund set aside in case of emergency.

He's got a nice pension and was protected by a strong union.

These Rethuglicans are intent on making the P.O. look incompetent so they can justify giving it to private companies.

By by union protections and full benefits package.

+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  18
We Need to Talk About Herogasm
105 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Wait: Lord Brownlee is doing car reviews too!!! (F150 Lightning)
27 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+188online now  14
Article inside Lil TJay Update: 6/24 7:30pm EST
220 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Amazon Announces Alexa Can Mimic the Voice of Deceased Relatives
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy