Kendrickís New Album is not trash

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
28 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
86 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '15        #1
2670 page views
102 comments

gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38615 38 K  Slaps total: 10253 10 K
Kendrickís New Album is not trash

I was kind of hard on it at first listen but it did grow on me. Die Hard is my favorite song that I canít stop playing at the moment.

The album isnít ground breaking like some people are claiming but itís good. Just wanted to give it its own thread without hate or forced praise.

About to start Halo Infinite back up and play the whole album all the way through to see if more songs will catch on.
+30   

best
worst
102 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 131622 131 K  Slaps total: 14800 14 K
Agreed

It grew on me too. I like the album and I appreciate Kendrick for being who he is and giving us some positive uplifting vibes. With that said it’s not a classic , it’s not better than GKMC and it’s nowhere near as good as TPAB. n*ggas calling this new sh*t a classic are just stanning. It’s a good album for sure , it’s more like a piece of art as opposed to being a hard a*s rap album.
+33   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '14        #3
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x39
Props total: 254902 254 K  Slaps total: 29825 29 K
 gemini8686 said
I was kind of hard on it at first listen but it did grow on me. Die Hard is my favorite song that I canít stop playing at the moment.

The album isnít ground breaking like some people are claiming but itís good. Just wanted to give it its own thread without hate or forced praise.

About to start Halo Infinite back up and play the whole album all the way through to see if more songs will catch on.
 S-Class said
Agreed

It grew on me too. I like the album and I appreciate Kendrick for being who he is and giving us some positive uplifting vibes. With that said itís not a classic , itís not better than GKMC and itís nowhere near as good as TPAB. n*ggas calling this new sh*t a classic are just stanning. Itís a good album for sure , itís more like a piece of art as opposed to being a hard a*s rap album.
Itís a good album, very creative piece of work. Very honest, insightful and vulnerable along with being aggressive lyrically and thought provoking. My only issue is that itís many songs that sound like they could be Kanye or Drake songs done in an unconventional and unorthodox Kendrick way. Regardless I appreciated the album but I donít like it more than GKMC, S80 or TPAB. Iím on the fence on if itís better than DAMN, DAMN was more cohesive and compact of course cause it wasnít a double album but I need to vibe out to the album more. I gotta be in a certain mood to listen to this album because itís so much going on. I wouldnít be surprised if this album racks up a bunch of Grammys.
+7   

1 month ago '08        #4
Solitary Genius 
Props total: 17591 17 K  Slaps total: 3089 3 K
It's a classic, I'm prob a number of listens ahead of you guys though....

No misses really except for possibly Crown which I even think serves its place but I can see why ppl would want to do without it.

Glad it's growin on you guys, I predict it will do the same for most ppl who listen with an unbiased ear. At minimum it's def better than DAMN.
+7   

1 month ago '15        #5
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 38615 38 K  Slaps total: 10253 10 K
We Cry Together gave me Black Eminem Vibes lol. I can hear the Kim influence. Taylor did her thing on this though.
+14   

1 month ago '20        #6
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 119667 119 K  Slaps total: 5728 5 K
Albums something you gotta give a few rotations fully through to absorb it.

Was on my 5th listen in the whip today and still finding little sh*t and catching things I missed in the 4 previous play throughs.

He touching on some topics. If you are not listening or too busy complaining about “his alien voice” you are not gonna catch it or just think he’s rambling,

Album pushes an envelope but not so far that it loses you.
Said it after the first listen and still say THIS ALBUM HAS A LOT OF LAYERS.

Not my favorite Kendrick but it’s Top 3

Last edited by Gen Anti Fruit; 05-16-2022 at 07:49 PM..
+8   

1 month ago '14        #7
Sphynx 
Props total: 114651 114 K  Slaps total: 28850 28 K
It's cool

But whenever Stans make the "You gotta listen to it 25 time to really get it" argument I'm always like

You can have it. Plenty of classic records that are recognizable as classics out the gate. Don't got time to listen to some sh*t 25 times to convince myself it's above average
+25   

1 month ago '20        #8
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12658 12 K  Slaps total: 1712 1 K
Replay value is kinda low on this one!
+2   

1 month ago '08        #9
Solitary Genius 
Props total: 17591 17 K  Slaps total: 3089 3 K
 Sphynx said
It's cool

But whenever Stans make the "You gotta listen to it 25 time to really get it" argument I'm always like

You can have it. Plenty of classic records that are recognizable as classics out the gate. Don't got time to listen to some sh*t 25 times to convince myself it's above average
That's fine but it actually applies with Kendrick projects like this because he has a lot going on and his objective is to challenge the listener.

No way you're gonna hear Worldwide Steppers first listen and get it in 1 go. Your first reaction is gonna be "this beat is harsh and he's off beat"

After a couple listens it's like "oh sh*t he actually is on beat and he's saying some wild sh*t"

Of course there's classics you get in 1 listen. They're still safe though. Kendricks catering to an advanced palate, not a formula if I do this and give them what they want they will call it a classic.

fu*k that sh*t it's wack.
+5   

1 month ago '20        #10
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 119667 119 K  Slaps total: 5728 5 K
 Sphynx said
It's cool

I agree with you on this.

Music shouldnít be a science project to listen to.

But occasionally itís nice being itís pretty imbalanced now a days.
+9   

1 month ago '17        #11
sjuelz 
Props total: 3625 3 K  Slaps total: 695 695
Sorry the new kendrick album is not for dust heads or n*ggas that play song for broads....go listen to 69
+7   

1 month ago '05        #12
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 30483 30 K  Slaps total: 11116 11 K
It's not trash, it's mid.

Too many piano solos.

1 month ago '18        #13
HoopLife88 
Props total: 55410 55 K  Slaps total: 7131 7 K
Crown made me and talk to my mama about the issues I had with her when I was younger but I understand now. Album is dope from start to finish
+5   

1 month ago '13        #14
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 64936 64 K  Slaps total: 11499 11 K
im only on track 4 ... this sh*t is FIRE so far. wow
+3   

1 month ago '18        #15
HoopLife88 
Props total: 55410 55 K  Slaps total: 7131 7 K
 Gen Anti Fruit said
I agree with you on this.

Music shouldnít be a science project to listen to.

But occasionally itís nice being itís pretty imbalanced now a days.
None of that shyt was scientific. That's Pharoah munch and jay electronic type shyt. Kendrick was speaking relatable talk
+4   

1 month ago '18        #16
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 131622 131 K  Slaps total: 14800 14 K
 LearnFU said
It's not classic but it's a piece of art? I'm confused because I always see art from past centuries in museums which means it's timeless.

Get these n*ggas out here, Parlae.
You think Curren$y new stuff is better than his classics so I already know you donít know sh*t

Be gone

1 month ago '15        #17
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 83252 83 K  Slaps total: 4703 4 K

1 month ago '10        #18
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 45406 45 K  Slaps total: 6667 6 K
 Sphynx said
It's cool

What have you considered a classic on first listen?

1 month ago '14        #19
Sphynx 
Props total: 114651 114 K  Slaps total: 28850 28 K
 Bandito said
What have you considered a classic on first listen?
First time I heard GKMC I knew that was a classic

First time I heard MBDTF I knew that was a classic. Same as College Dropout

First time I heard The Blueprint I knew that was a classic.

Maybe I put too much of am emphasis on production. Kendrick always got lyrics, but you can definitely find yourself daydreaming or dozing off during some of his projects on full listen-throughs
+8   

1 month ago '04        #20
ddash 
Props total: 76425 76 K  Slaps total: 5871 5 K
lol Its ok to say an album is trash/mid or you dont like it.Music hits everyone different.

We dont know or owe none of these n*ggas to be bias/unbias or stans of them.The internet makes sh*t so weird now.

I can picture the album growing on alot of people and also not having replay to alot of folks.
+5   

1 month ago '16        #21
YungSplash 
Props total: 1711 1 K  Slaps total: 249 249
It's near where near as good as TPAB but already it's better than DAMN, I hate DAMN outside of DUCKWORTH and ELEMENT. Baby Keem gonna be a monster

1 month ago '18        #22
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 55795 55 K  Slaps total: 8327 8 K
 gemini8686 said

As a Gemini you should know better

We make the best Music

+2   

1 month ago '11        #23
yogi11 
Props total: 13454 13 K  Slaps total: 2031 2 K
Like someone said earlier you have to be in the mood to listen to this album but I like it Kendrick is spiritually inclined on this one shows a lot of growth
+1   

1 month ago '05        #24
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 80097 80 K  Slaps total: 11682 11 K
Album is … pretty great

Been on repeat all day

Mirror one of the better songs I’ve heard Al year
+2   

1 month ago '05        #25
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 80097 80 K  Slaps total: 11682 11 K
 Bighempin said
Replay value is kinda low on this one!
I feel the opposite . It takes some bit to sink in
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+25online now  128
So the NBA stands for National Beige a*sociation now
82 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+52online now  39
Stephanie Tanner from Full House gets manhandled by LAPD at Pro Choice protest..
167 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  37
Video inside Jun 26 - Orange County Deputy Suspended over Tik Tok Videos!
81 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+27online now  22
Jun 26 - RUDY GIULIANI SLAPPED INSIDE STATEN ISLAND SUPERMARKET
104 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy