Why is diddy's son still strugglin' to break through...

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

1 month ago '21        #1
7772 page views
169 comments

HornOfAfrica  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 9968 9 K  Slaps total: 1622 1 K
Why is diddy's son still strugglin' to break through...

n*gga industry plant, his daddy is backin him etc. Puff been tryin' to put him on, the last few years, but nothin' big came out of it. People wit less powerful connections has surpassed the lil n*gga.

And this is an era where you dont even have to be original to have a name in this rap game. Puff cant buy him few good beats, and some writers?

Last edited by HornOfAfrica; 05-16-2022 at 04:49 PM..
+39   

best
worst
169 comments

1 month ago '11        #2
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 36908 36 K  Slaps total: 1858 1 K
diddy did not want mase to mentor mase jr
that was a dumb move you ask me
+59   

1 month ago '18        #3
MC Gusto  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18217 18 K  Slaps total: 2086 2 K
The n*gga is dookie on the mic

Stick to being a trust fund baby
+102   

1 month ago '19        #4
alwaysworking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5730 5 K  Slaps total: 1092 1 K
because hes trash
+42   

1 month ago '21        #5
HornOfAfrica  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18 OP
 alwaysworking said
because hes trash
To be honest, who is not trash in this era? I mean damn.

Last edited by HornOfAfrica; 05-20-2022 at 08:20 AM..
+52   

1 month ago '16        #6
90sVibe 
Props total: 9006 9 K  Slaps total: 1364 1 K
 kevin boogz said
/Thread
+13   

1 month ago '21        #7
 kevin boogz said
Bringin' that shiny suits era back wit the whole glossy outfits, choreography n sh*t. That mightve worked for this lil n*gga lool

Last edited by HornOfAfrica; 05-16-2022 at 06:59 PM..
+20   

1 month ago '12        #8
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 205137 205 K  Slaps total: 11887 11 K
Threads kind of funny cause you present the argument of him being an industry plant, then destroy the narrative of the industry plant in the next two sentences.

Perhaps...maybe just perhaps....'planting' something in the industry isn't as easy as y'all think if in the end the people just don't fu*k with it like that...I'm only using your own thought path here for reference

Lets dig deeper though than the modern low hanging fruit though:

=

Berry Gordy's son, Michael Jackson dubbing most of his vocals for him(Yes literally singing the songs for him), Mike/Janet/Diana Ross's writers + Smokey Robinson trying to throw alley oops on writing(And even Stevie Wonder lol) and the best producers money could buy at his disposal...the label tried to put him next to Mike as much as possible too.

If ever there was the definition of what an "industry plant" was..It was Rockwell...At every level...they tried to make him look like the lost Jackson 5 member with everything from his clothes, to his hair, to just everything.

But

Still didn't work cause beyond the hit single and a few smaller ones afterwards the people saw through it.

The industry "planting" a star or creating a star isn't really something new, nor is it uncommon...I mean we've watched and enjoyed movies/docs an such on how some of your favorite groups had no idea who each other were and a person with industry connections put them together, gave em an angle, and put them out. If it can happen with groups...It can happen with solo acts

None of it means sh*t if we the people don't fu*k with it, ask Berry Gordys son lol ....Nearly every artist whose made any meaningful 'waves' in the entertainment industry, regardless of genre 'knew' somebody or had 'somebody that could open a door for them. Some end up in the vicinity of the key needed to open a door while others don't. sh*t its a manager of a Popeyes hiring somebody off the strength of knowing their work ethic at another job/restaurant they might have both worked at before lol.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 05-16-2022 at 05:04 PM..
+142   

1 month ago '07        #9
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x148
Props total: 296738 296 K  Slaps total: 26398 26 K
 OldBusiness said
Threads kind of funny cause you present the argument of him being an industry plant, then destroy the narrative of the industry plant in the next two sentences.

Perhaps...maybe just perhaps....'planting' something in the industry isn't as easy as y'all think if in the end the people just don't fu*k with it like that...I'm only using your own thought path here for reference

=

Berry Gordy's son, Michael Jackson dubbing most of his vocals for him(Yes literally singing the songs for him), Mike/Janet/Diana Ross's writers + Smokey Robinson trying to throw alley oops on writing(And even Stevie Wonder lol) and the best producers money could buy at his disposal...the label tried to put him next to Mike as much as possible too.

If ever there was the definition of what an "industry plant" was..It was Rockwell...At every level...they tried to make him look like the lost Jackson 5 member with everything from his clothes, to his hair, to just everything.

But

Still didn't work cause beyond the hit single and a few smaller ones afterwards the people saw through it.

The industry "planting" a star or creating a star isn't really something new, nor is it uncommon...I mean we've watched and enjoyed movies/docs an such on how some of your favorite groups had no idea who each other were and a person with industry connections put them together, gave em an angle, and put them out. If it can happen with groups...It can happen with solo acts

None of it means sh*t if we the people don't fu*k with it
I never knew any of this bro, wtf...

But, I read the Youtube comments and I seen this one

Magnus Malo
1 year ago

Fun Fact: Michael denied his involvement in this song for YEARS since he was at the peak of his career and didn't want to hog all the limelight from Rockwell.

That's why he doesn't appear in the music video or have his name mentioned in ANY of the song's titles or credits.

He wanted it kept secret so Rockwell's career could take off. This song became a hit of Rockwell's and MJ didn't take a single ounce of credit for it. Absolute respect for MJ
+65   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '13        #10
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 146292 146 K  Slaps total: 58594 58 K
King combs dropped a mixtape in like 2017 where he was rappin over 90s classic

sh*t was dope

+20   

1 month ago '19        #11
hip  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 31931 31 K  Slaps total: 6015 6 K
I was browsing through some of his stuff on YT and he's corny. His names King Combs? Like why not just call himself "Diddy's Baby Boy?"

+9   

1 month ago '14        #12
Sphynx 
Props total: 114781 114 K  Slaps total: 28860 28 K
 OldBusiness said

Whole "hE's aN InDusTrY PlaNt" sh*t is retarded

Whenever these n*ggas jealous of a new rapper who they old a*ses don't think "deserves" to be hot or popular the retreat to this dumb sh*t. It explains why their rap careers aint take off but 6ix9ine, Da Baby, Jack Harlow, Logic and them got on

At he end of the day the PEOPLE gotta like, the music, buy it and stream it

When you ask "what makes this person a plant?" the answer you essentially get from these n*ggas is always "Because I'm 40 and out of the loop and I don't understand why the kids like this sh*t"

Or its a way for these weirdos to feel "superior" as if they can "see through the music industry algorithm/politics" but the average "sheep" canf.. sh*t corny
+19   

1 month ago '12        #13
 Avon_Barksdale said
I never knew any of this bro, wtf...

But, I read the Youtube comments and I seen this one

Mike also denied his involvement cause he was in a feud with some of the people at Motown..I think at the point this record came out he hadn't officially recorded anything new with them for like 8 years...Here

I read this book:

Read that page, 297 and 298, Berrys second wife wrote it...if you can find the full book it continues on and details how Berry pretty much ignored when his kids wanted to do music, and had thrown Rockwell(Kennedy) out the house and dude was homeless and they couldn't get Mike to sing on anything for 8 years, but Rockwell convinced him to do this record and Berry got behind it. First time they let Berry hear it he said "Thats a familiar voice, whose that"...and they threw the kitchen sink at giving this dude a career but folks just didnt fu*k with it

I wish I kept the book, it goes for good bread nowadays:

They keep making all these tv shows and specials...man we could get like 50 diff series out of the history of motown and the back door fu*kery going on there.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 05-16-2022 at 05:19 PM..
+22   

1 month ago '15        #14
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38637 38 K  Slaps total: 10258 10 K
 Sphynx said

Whenever these n*ggas jealous of a new rapper who they old a*ses don't think "deserves" to be hot or popular the retreat to this dumb sh*t. It explains why their rap careers aint take off but 6ix9ine, Da Baby, Jack Harlow, Logic and them got on

When you ask "what makes this person a plant?" the answer you essentially get from these n*ggas is always "Because I'm 40 and out of the loop and I don't understand why the kids like this sh*t"

Or its a way for these weirdos to feel "superior" as if they can "see through the music industry algorithm/politics" but the average "sheep" canf.. sh*t corny
or look how n*ggas think. in their mind, some who has a clean cut image and positive is looked at as an industry plant. Their minds are so polluted to love negativity, that they will never think someone like young boy is an industry plant
+8   

1 month ago '10        #15
Account001 
Props total: 4540 4 K  Slaps total: 1022 1 K
 OldBusiness said

=

But

None of it means sh*t if we the people don't fu*k with it, ask Berry Gordys son lol ....Nearly every artist whose made any meaningful 'waves' in the entertainment industry, regardless of genre 'knew' somebody or had 'somebody that could open a door for them. Some end up in the vicinity of the key needed to open a door while others don't. sh*t its a manager of a Popeyes hiring somebody off the strength of knowing their work ethic at another job/restaurant they might have both worked at before lol.
Bump for the quality of the post.

Bx used to be discussions like this but the internet and media have cultivated yall Youngs to want to make "one line zingers"

No judgment... just a window into the past
+29   

1 month ago '12        #16
 Sphynx said

Yup...if the people don't fu*k with it....we just don't fu*k with it.

Heres another one who had all the connections someone could ask for lol:

Omarion and them other brother...they tried to gift this guy a career but it just didn't pan out...n*ggas baby moms is even Jhene Aiko lol

She might have fu*ked with him...but the people didn't
+17   

1 month ago '21        #17
 Sphynx said

This not the early 90's where the local DJ's at the block parties dictatin whats hot or not.... Hip Hop is bigger, and powerful people invested in this sh*t. You can go ahead n deny it all you want tho.

Last edited by HornOfAfrica; 05-16-2022 at 05:30 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '12        #18
 Account001 said
Bump for the quality of the post.

Bx used to be discussions like this but the internet and media have cultivated yall Youngs to want to make "one line zingers"

No judgment... just a window into the past
Thats what made me jump in like that..I like discussions like this..much better than most of the bullsh*t we see on here nowadays.
+11   

1 month ago '14        #19
Pilscy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29664 29 K  Slaps total: 4319 4 K
because he's Diddy son

1. He never had any real motivation to make it in the music industry

2. Diddy knows he didnt have any movtivation so when youre already rich

3. 70% of hip hop is Trap/drill. Diddy son cant rap about the trap lol. the next 30% he dont fit in.

4. We live in a microwave era with music. if its hot now, its gon cool down quick so you have to keep putting out music to stay relevant. he missed that bus years ago.

5. Did I mention the fact that he's already rich? most artist usually come in the game with a drive of getting rich and gaining fame. In his case he already has both so hes just not interested in pursuing music like that.

6. Even if you rich and the sh*t is wack... its fu*king wack and people aint gonna buy into it just cause Diddy is his daddy.
+17   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #20
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 48228 48 K  Slaps total: 8645 8 K
he got a dumb name and people hate on rich kids
+5   

1 month ago '12        #21
 HornOfAfrica said
This not early the early 90's where the local DJ's at the block parties dictatin whats hot or not.... Hip Hop is bigger, and powerful people invested in this sh*t. You can go ahead n deny it all you want tho.
"Powerful people" have always been invested in popular music though, thats why I used the Rockwell and O'Ryan examples. It don't matter what genre it is family...if the people don't fu*k with you, then hey the people just don't fu*k with you.

Why Tommy Hilfiger son ain't doin Drake numbers? Tom Hanks son wanted to be a rapper but went viral cause he imitates Jamaican people..and he sucks at it. I just showed someone on here the other day how the Little Caesars creator/original owner had a son he wanted to pass his business empire to and the kid was a dumbass and everyone in the corporate circles they were in told em dude was a dumbass...so he went and made corny low budget horror movie and wanted to be a rockstar lol:

If the people don't fu*k with you, regardless of the arena...its a wrap
+11   

1 month ago '21        #22
 OldBusiness said

=

But

Good lookin' out on Berry Gordy's son example. I stand corrected on that one.
+5   

1 month ago '15        #23
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38637 38 K  Slaps total: 10258 10 K
 BMC1000 said
he got a dumb name and people hate on rich kids
no they dont... People hate on positivity. Lil Wayne got adopted at age 12 by Birdman. But he rapped like he was from the gutter his whole life and ppl love him.

Positivity is looked at as corny where as ignorance is looked at as cool. Think about that

look at Michael B Jordan. n*ggas loved him when he was in the Wire. Selling drugs and being a stereotype.

but now that hes clean cut and doing clean cut roles. Oh now hes corny, and n*ggas stay cracking jokes.

Last edited by gemini8686; 05-16-2022 at 05:34 PM..
+5   

1 month ago '12        #24
 Pilscy said

6. Even if you rich and the sh*t is wack... its fu*king wack and people aint gonna buy into it just cause Diddy is his daddy.
+2   

1 month ago '12        #25
 HornOfAfrica said
Good lookin' out on Berry Gordy's son example. I stand corrected on that one.
Dope a*s thread in my opinion
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+182online now  35
Video inside Kevin Samuels - He accepted the harsh truth 🤷🏾*♂&..
169 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+26online now  22
Video inside Woman exposes her son's Father for only feeding his son
345 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+76online now  17
Video inside "i never wanted it!!!" rockwilder breaks into tears over the effects fa..
113 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  17
Video inside The Euphrates River is Drying Up, is the Prophecy True?
73 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy