May 14 - California’s minimum wage will rise to $15.50, triggered by soaring inflation

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+117  43
136 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

New replies show every 20 seconds
 1 month ago '18        #26
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 65569 65 K  Slaps total: 3464 3 K
They call it minimum wage for a reason.
+3   

1 month ago '10        #27
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 45399 45 K  Slaps total: 6667 6 K
 usafveteran said
This is crazy because with inflation it’ll just put them back where they were with their previous wage only it’ll look like progress was made!
Yeah. That is mentioned several times in the article. The governor's rep even mentioned this is to keep wages in line with inflation. Nobody is claiming this is raising wages for any reason besides that.

This is interesting though

The 2016 law was a compromise agreed to by state lawmakers after liberal activists qualified a ballot measure that called for an immediate increase to $15 an hour. The group agreed to withdraw its effort in favor of the law signed by Brown.
I don't think you should be able to take your initiative off the ballot once you have enough signatures for it to qualify. I don't think you can do that here in Oregon. I can remember there being ballot measures where the people that originally supported it changed their mind and campaigned against it.
+1   

1 month ago '22        #28
usafveteran  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 3706 3 K  Slaps total: 275 275
 Bandito said
Yeah. That is mentioned several times in the article. The governor's rep even mentioned this is to keep wages in line with inflation. Nobody is claiming this is raising wages for any reason besides that.

This is interesting though

I don't think you should be able to take your initiative off the ballot once you have enough signatures for it to qualify. I don't think you can do that here in Oregon. I can remember there being ballot measures where the people that originally supported it changed their mind and campaigned against it.
That’s trippy man, I’m in the DMV and DC hit $15 a few years back, MD is $12-$15 in certain counties, VA is $11 with a path to $15 but now they’re trying to change that too. No disrespect to anyone that can’t do more but shooting for the bare minimum isn’t going to be livable much longer for them unless they get a few jobs.

1 month ago '19        #29
Jp07 
Props total: 1158 1 K  Slaps total: 256 256
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Good for them
Not really raising the minimum wage doesn't do anything. It might for a very short time but no company is gonna lose money by paying people more so the prices of everything just go up and then you're quickly back in the same situation you were in yeah you make 15 but now everything costs more
+1   

1 month ago '07        #30
Daville502 
Props total: 10391 10 K  Slaps total: 632 632
 Ldogg310v2 said
And companies will just add more money on top of their already inflated prices to offset.
This is a absolute fact. These companies are not going to eat any wage increase they are going to raise the prices of whatever product they push.
I've notices the prices especially on food I get regularly has gone up atleast a dollar.
So in end the end you still lose.

1 month ago '22        #31
Bxlegend 
Props total: 115 115  Slaps total: 22 22
 largon said
$15.50 sounds so pathetic. how much can you do with that check every week? i mean just think about how much you can do in 1 hour and all you're getting is $15.50 for that hour. This sh*t is modern slavery, the rich just wants to keep us working forever for peanuts, grow old and die and continue the cycle. We need to find a way be our own boss f*ck all of these businesses and organizations. Hourly rates should be no less than $30-40 dollars an hour at least, to keep up with this insane inflation. Trust me they have more than enough to pay it they just choose not to..
Always say this. Hour a long a*s time to not even get a 20 dollar bill

1 month ago '12        #32
CaLis LEGACY 
Props total: 6746 6 K  Slaps total: 909 909
 projectd06 said
No they aren't, stop repeating that.
Never

1 month ago '16        #33
aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 19926 19 K  Slaps total: 2043 2 K
$15.50? States with big metropolitan areas should have $25 minimum wage & the country shoupd have $17 minimum wage..

America has billions to give these Asian and European countries yet f*ght to give the poor fair and justifiable libing wages

1 month ago '04        #34
nicoled985  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13323 13 K  Slaps total: 1112 1 K
 CaLis LEGACY said
It's all a cycle ...yall that own homes better prepare them banks coming for yall houses
how would they do that unless you fail to pay?

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+83online now  18
Denise and her daughter go back to back with the 0nlyfans accounts.
143 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+57online now  7
audio inside Lupe Fiasco - DRILL MUSIC IN ZION (Anticipation/Discussion) June 24
229 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+72online now  6
Omarion got washed. What does it mean for his legacy?
243 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside "House prices will go up every year for the next 5 years."
133 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy