May 13 - luna coin sinks to $0.......founders wife under emergency protection

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 weeks ago '09        #1
5231 page views
97 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
Props total: 266011 266 K  Slaps total: 28605 28 K
May 13 - luna coin sinks to $0.......founders wife under emergency protection

visit this link https://fortune.com/2022/ .. -crypto-crash/

As TerraUST founder Do Kwon fought to salvage the failing stablecoin, his wife reportedly sought police protection in the latest blow to a cryptocurrency some fear may trigger a Lehman moment for the market.

On Friday, South Korean media outlet MoneyToday wrote an unidentified person broke into her apartment building, rang the doorbell to ask if Kwon was home, before leaving the premises after she said he wasnt.

Kwons wife has now been provided with security after she requested emergency protection, police in Seouls Seongdong-gu district told Forkast.

The developments come amid a wipeout in the value of Luna, a coin that served to prop up and maintain TerraUSTs dollar peg.

Some investors who had owned Luna posted on Reddit that people were suicidal after losing everything

Kwon, who developed a reputation for belittling and attacking critics of his project, has now been likened to Elizabeth Holmes, found guilty of fraud for her Theranos deception.

TerraUST was designed to trade at a one-to-one ratio to the greenback, but without some form of actual collateral that should underpin its value, as is the case with Tether.

Instead it employed an algorithmic process of creating and then destroying its very own supply of Luna coin, which served as a kind of shock absorber

image When the peg started to fail, the protocol was designed to stabilize the value through the minting of more Lunaonly the sustained attack meant it was suddenly being created at an exponential rate.

Latest indications suggest the supply of Luna coins in circulation went from a few hundred million to now 6.9 trillion, with the token trading at levels virtually near zero after hitting an all-time high of $119 just last month

With the supply of Luna ballooning into Zimbabwe levels of hyperinflation, major global crypto exchange Binance delisted Luna on Friday in what some are now calling the Luna Brothers moment in a reference to the 2008 collapse of the Wall Street investment bank Lehman Brothers.

The move sparked speculation that BlackRock and Citadel could be behind it, and prompted crypto exchange Gemini to deny speculation it had played any role in an attack on the peg.

A spokesperson for Citadel later contacted Fortune to deny the allegations: "Citadel was not involved in this situation and does not trade stablecoins, including Terra UST."

Ran Neuner, a South Africabased crypto YouTuber, told Bitcoin influencer Layah Heilpern he was dealing with the consequences of being absolutely irresponsibly long in Luna.

He argued the collapse of a tier 1 coin on par with an Ether or Ripple XRPvalued at $20 billion and supporting a broader $60 billion ecosystem built on topwas unprecedented and would drag out the bear market in digital a*sets for much longer.

There has never been an event in crypto where $80 billion was wiped out of the market, never, he told her in a webcast. A lot of people lost a lot of money on Lunaand these are crypto believers.

Following a plan laid out by Kwon on Wednesday, his Terraform Labs company has tried to resume normal function on the blockchain network on Thursday, only to later abort the attempt after just 4,089 new blocks were added to its chain

+5   

best
worst
97 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 93919 93 K  Slaps total: 12323 12 K

[spoiler - click to view]

+21   

2 weeks ago '22        #3
BReNDon 
Props total: 7581 7 K  Slaps total: 1535 1 K
Bx Bitcoin millionaires gonna commit that
+36   

2 weeks ago '05        #4
youngvito18 
Props total: 29919 29 K  Slaps total: 5286 5 K
All these slt coins made by foreigners

Theres a reason why the dollar is the strongest its been in 20 years even with global inflation

Because people been trading real money for fake money and eveytime that fake money looks suspect the dollar looks better

But hey.. people hate regulation, well here yoi go, dont call the govt for help, this is what u want
+56   

2 weeks ago '14        #5
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 167988 167 K  Slaps total: 37205 37 K
 BReNDon said
A sophisticated attack is being played out against crypto right now

All of the major banks are in on it

2 weeks ago '09        #6
ShadyVsEminem 
Props total: 18104 18 K  Slaps total: 3469 3 K

Ryanair are a sh*tty budget airline us common folk use to get around Europe and even their troll game is on point

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 05-14-2022 at 02:52 PM..
+14   

2 weeks ago '11        #7
TheWatcher  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5975 5 K  Slaps total: 209 209

+52   

2 weeks ago '11        #8
TheWatcher  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5975 5 K  Slaps total: 209 209
From my very limited understanding, once that Tether stablecoin eventually crumbles its pretty much a wrap. Someone with more knowledge can feel free to chime in though
+10   

2 weeks ago '17        #9
yousabitch 
Props total: 24813 24 K  Slaps total: 7380 7 K
[QUOTE=TheWatcher;60160069]
[/QUOTE]
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #10
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 64757 64 K  Slaps total: 4536 4 K
I see there's ppl that don't know and that's fine bc they are saying they don't. I had somebody arguing w/ me a few months ago that eth and bitcoin were stable coins... at least you guys KNOW that you don't know. If you're interested

It's not the first time or the last time a stable coin will fail. This isn't new to the ppl in the space. It happens as you see. Just like a peloton stock can lose 90% or the ruble can lose 90% a crypto coin can too

Last edited by BrooklynDamien; 05-14-2022 at 10:59 AM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 19582 19 K  Slaps total: 6900 6 K
Corny sh*t

2 weeks ago '14        #12
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 35714 35 K  Slaps total: 10005 10 K
He said event in crypto. Man there’s pretty much never been in an event in history where 80 billion has been wiped lmao. Do Kwon should be in jail, this was way worse than Madoff
+17   

2 weeks ago '18        #13
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 47143 47 K  Slaps total: 4659 4 K
I still hold significant positions in a few coins but I don’t know what’s next.

The big banks are taking control of crypto. It took them some years to figure things out and it was good making money for a while without the elite manipulating every move but that era is over. When crypto recovers, it’ll be with the big banks and their proxies as the whales holding the big positions. That’s game over for the little guy who was in crypto to escape that.

If I’m wrong somebody correct me…
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
dubsax 
Props total: 60535 60 K  Slaps total: 4976 4 K
 BrooklynDamien said
It's not the first time or the last time a stable coin will fail. This isn't new to the ppl in the space. It happens as you see. Just like a peloton stock can lose 90% or the ruble can lose 90% a crypto coin can too
I dont think that is the issue

crypto at its essence is a series of mathematical redundancies
It exists because it checks for itself, Its the digital equivalent of the saying "I think therefore I am"

a circular math problem is the simplest analogy

When small sections of that redundancy start to fail its not too big of a deal because that circle is very large. the problem either gets corrected or you substitute a different link in the chain.

If you are constantly replacing links then the integrity and confidence of the chain wavers. That is what you need above all.

Now while Peloton can lose 90% that wont effect the price of huffy or Schwinn

Once the 1st institutional sized margin call that happens in crypto, 85% of the coins/tokens will vanish. As they should in my opinion
+12   

2 weeks ago '14        #15
 youngvito18 said

Theres a reason why the dollar is the strongest its been in 20 years even with global inflation

Because people been trading real money for fake money and eveytime that fake money looks suspect the dollar looks better

But hey.. people hate regulation, well here yoi go, dont call the govt for help, this is what u want
People cap about hating regulation. When stuff hits the fan, they call for reg as always. Crypto heads completely changed tune. People were saying the space could self regulate now we have people saying reg is necessary.
+6   

2 weeks ago '15        #16
KingKris14 
Props total: 2332 2 K  Slaps total: 419 419
This project is dead if it did hard fork only a fool would trust that idiot founder. I would move on I dumped the stable coin and been watching the show.

Last edited by KingKris14; 05-14-2022 at 02:25 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '21        #17
SHAMPOOO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6308 6 K  Slaps total: 3040 3 K
Haaa...I was cussed out, Called a F@gg!t, an Incel, a Bum, a Slave, Threatened, and even Reported for stating that Sh!t-Coins a Big ol Scam to trick Fools out of their money...Now Look!

Even had some F@gg!t on here tell me "Cause yuu not Edumacatted on Blockchain Technology"...Lol...Now look!
+18   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
R Dot 
Props total: 6163 6 K  Slaps total: 1942 1 K
 youngvito18 said

Thats not it at all

2 weeks ago '14        #19
breezeus313 
Props total: 14415 14 K  Slaps total: 865 865
the results of fomo
+1   

2 weeks ago '21        #20
Aztec King 
Props total: 18139 18 K  Slaps total: 5293 5 K
 BReNDon said

+9   

2 weeks ago '17        #21
Pretty Tone 
Props total: 57797 57 K  Slaps total: 4554 4 K
I was talking about this yesterday some guy told me he lost 5k at the Kentucky derby. I said you'll bounce back them Luna n*ggas is the real ones hurting
+13   

2 weeks ago '22        #22
usafveteran  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2990 2 K  Slaps total: 205 205

+14   

2 weeks ago '17        #23
Its 
Props total: 37463 37 K  Slaps total: 2854 2 K
For perspective

+13   

2 weeks ago '14        #24
 shooter said
I still hold significant positions in a few coins but I dont know whats next.

The big banks are taking control of crypto. It took them some years to figure things out and it was good making money for a while without the elite manipulating every move but that era is over. When crypto recovers, itll be with the big banks and their proxies as the whales holding the big positions. Thats game over for the little guy who was in crypto to escape that.

If Im wrong somebody correct me
Crypto Hedge funds are in control. Not big banks, big banks want to get involved but reg prevents a lot. Firms like alameda and galaxy dictate the market

2 weeks ago '21        #25
Swisha2k11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 4297 4 K  Slaps total: 1691 1 K
 shooter said
I still hold significant positions in a few coins but I dont know whats next.

The big banks are taking control of crypto. It took them some years to figure things out and it was good making money for a while without the elite manipulating every move but that era is over. When crypto recovers, itll be with the big banks and their proxies as the whales holding the big positions. Thats game over for the little guy who was in crypto to escape that.

If Im wrong somebody correct me
Crypto is 13 years old.

This is still the start of the 1st quarter
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-20online now  16
Image(s) inside Male Thot sneakers of the summer ? Crocs
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear